[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

'Reply 1988' couple Go Kyung Pyo and Ryu Hye Young get chummy for 'K-Swiss'

Bfgyszu.png

2w5sThT.png

86n4Rai.png

Ryu Hye Young and Go Kyung Pyo, one of the cute couples from 'Reply 1988,' can be seen together once again as the models for 'K-Swiss'!

Pictures released on March 28 show the two getting chummy with plenty of skin ship as they take on casual couple looks.  They give off the lovey dovey, honeymoon-phase vibe of a newlywed couple.

source

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know if this was shared before.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/01/135_196187.html

160124_p17_cable2.jpg

TvN, JTBC threaten attract viewers with high-quality shows

TvN's "Reply 1988" and "Misaeng" were big hits. Both were considered high-quality productions that proved drama series do not need adultery, amnesia or a Cinderella story to turn heads.

Producer Shin Won-ho of the "Reply" series, which began in 2012 with "Reply 1997," targeted viewers of all ages with a storyline that hit close to home, to which viewers "replied" with a heightened enthusiasm that wrote history in cable television. "Misaeng," which drew on the joys and sorrows of the average office worker, recorded a viewership surpassing 10 percent in 2014, when the average ratings for cable were considered high at 2 percent.

The curtain fell on "Reply 1988" last week, but tvN has filled the void with two new drama series equally as engaging.

Very agree on highlighted part. =))

I just finished watching this drama the other night and all i can say is perfect :) love this drama so much. Duk seon-Taek and Sun woo-Bora  <3 .They truly deserved those awards. This is the best among the Reply series.

Which Answer Me Drama Alum Has the Most Successful Post-AM Acting Career or Potential for Such

Posted on April 10, 2016 by ockoala

mnhsa.jpg

With the three leads of the most recent installment of the Answer Me drama series from tvN all going on to be leads of soon-to-air prime time dramas, it’s still incredible how this series has created stars from relative unknowns or elevated talent to new levels of fame. From Answer Me 1998, Park Bo Gum is doing Moonlight Drawn From Clouds, Hyeri is with Ji Sung inEntertainer, and Ryu Jun Yeol gets his own hair twin in Hwang Jung Eum for Lucky Romance.

It’ll be interesting to see if they continue the success with their subsequent projects, and use it as a looking glass of sorts to the alums from the earlier Answer Me 1997 and Answer Me 1994. Who has been the most successful with post-AM careers? There’s idol-actress Jung Eun Jiwith singer-actor Seo In Guk in AM 1997, while AM 1994 had an even bigger group with breakouts Jung Woo and Yoo Yeon Seok alongside Go Ara, Baro, Do Hee and Son Ho Jun. Who’s your favorite AM actor or actress, and who do you think has been the most successful or has the potential to build on the AM buzz?

osol1.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/10/which-answer-me-drama-alum-has-the-most-successful-post-am-acting-career-or-potential-for-such/#more-74171

@Grace1003 

AM 1997 - i love seo in guk performance on i remember you. But it seems he still not .....

AM 1994 - YOO YEON SOK, i think he the most popular. His all movie project was great. Beauty inside, jejudo gatsby, mood of the day -> i like this most..

he was not the first lead, but his movie or drama got nice reviews, gu family book, a werewolf boy, architecture 101.

notable movie: re-encounter and whistle blower.

AM 1988: im still clueless. . 

If talking about skill on acting.. Maybe park bo gum . . 

Was Ryu Joon Yeol willing to help Hyeri improve her acting?

By jubilantj    14 hours ago    12,395    3,457    8
Hyeri_1460655770_af_org.jpg

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+

Hyeri's stellar acting on 'Reply 1988' was all thanks to Ryu Joon Yeol? You best believe it! 

On the April 14 airing of 'Happy Togehter,' Hyeri revealed that she received a lot of help from fellow actor Ryu Joon Yeol on how to squeeze out those tears for a convincing tear-jerking scene. 

Hyeri said, "In the drama, I was worried about whether the viewers would also feel how sad I felt, so called Ryu Joon Yeol in the hopes that he would give me some tips and tricksI wasn't that close to him then but I gathered up my courage to call him anyway. When I asked him if he could come to the office, he willingly came over. He's the one who taught me best.

source

Hyeri Shares How Ryu Jun Yeol Helped Her Out for a Crying Scene in “Reply 1988″

Hyeri Shares How Ryu Jun Yeol Helped Her Out for a Crying Scene in “Reply 1988″

Girl’s Day member Hyeri shared a behind-the-scenes tidbit about her crying scene in the drama “Reply 1988.”

On April 14, she guested on KBS’s “Happy Together 3” along with fellow member Yura, and actors Lee Se Young and Choi Sung Won.

On this episode, she shared something that happened while she was auditioning for her role on tvN’s “Reply 1988.”

She spoke of some help she received from actor Ryu Jun Yeol, revealing, “I was worried if the viewers would be as sad as I would be during the crying scene so I was wondering if I could get any tips or know-hows. So I called Ryu Jun Yeol two days before the shoot. We weren’t that close back then so I had to pick up the courage to call him. I asked if he could come out to the office and he came gladly without hesitation. He taught me the best,” showing her gratitude to her co-star.

Ryu Jun Yeol Hyeri

Source (1)

source

This is the second time she talk about this. 
The first one was at Reply 1988 concert last March and in a more detailed explanation from both Hyeri and RJY. She learn a lot from him :D.

[140416] Happy Together + AM1988

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003298997&gid=999339&cid=1015497

Hyeri: “I was worried about whether the viewers would feel as sad as I do in my crying scene, so I called Ryu Joonyeol two days before filming to see if he had some sort of tip or know-how. At that time, we weren’t close, but I found the courage to call. I asked if he could come to the office, and Oppa happily came. Oppa taught me the best.”

• [+341, -6] Oh ㅋㅋㅋ I liked that scene, and it was Ryu Joonyeol that helped ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+303, -6] It was really funny when they talked about that at the AM1988 concert ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 
  • [+310, -12] Ryu Joonyeol-sshi who lived diligently, and Hyeri-sshi too.. Thanks to you I enjoyed watching Answer Me. Thank you
  • [+295, -11] Heol~~~ That must have been great…. Acting Teacher Ryu Joonyeol!!!!
  • [+281, -10] She said that Joonyeolie taught her the best ♥
  • [+145, -5] Hyeri’s defining scene in AM88 was born with the help of Ryu Joonyeol… They really acted well together
  • [+141, -5] The AM88 actors seem like they all help one another so it’s great to see. They talked about it at the concert too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 
  • [+140, -5] He taught her well~
  • [+140, -5] As expected of kind Actor Ryu! He must have taught her kindly~
  • [+125, -1] They were great with each other in their scenes together, but there was this kind of behind the scenes story to it~ I hope things continue to go well for Ryu Joonyeol-sshi and Hyeri-sshi

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/833020

• [+2007, -86] My heart flutters just seeing a picture of Actor Ryu ㅜㅜ
  • [+1537, -86] Ryu Joonyeol is a great person!^
  • [+1283, -58] Ryu Joonyeol ♥♥♥♥
  • [+1255, -45] I miss Deoksun and Junghwan
  • [+1025, -50] As expected, Joonyeol is jjang jjang jjang
  • [+974, -63] Hyeri is pretty ㅠㅠ Why is she so pretty and lovely. Ryu Joonyeol ㅠㅠ So kind ㅠㅠㅠ I hope both their dramas hit daebak~~~!!
  • [+951, -45] He even teaches well… There’s really nothing that Ryu Joonyeol can’t do~
  • [+794, -37] Our Actor Ryu~~~♡
  • [+431, -14] Wah, my heart fluttered so much ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜ He came running with one phone call ㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜ Ah, flutters
  • [+426, -13] You can’t help but to love Ryu Joonyeol!!! My heart flutters just looking at his picture and listening to a story of him~~

http://entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/happytogether3/news/read?oid=076&aid=0002919021&pid=hot.030.107.997497&cid=1015484

• [+1400, -121] I didn’t know there was this kind of story behind Hyeri’s crying scene.. I hope only good things happen to you in the future!!
  • [+1019, -87] Hyeri-yah, have strength. Yura’s bright so I like her ㅎㅎ
  • [+890, -87] As expected, Hyeri and Yura’s good at variety ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+325, -20] Hyeri is Hyeri, but Yura is really kind too. It’s reasonable to be a bit jealous of a team member that’s doing well, but their relationship looks good
  • [+322, -36] It’s so cute when Hyeri and Yura laugh while looking at one another ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+247, -22] Girl’s Day look like they really cherish one another

source

17 hours ago, pinknerd93 said:

Can anybody help me find a video of their press conference and episode 0? Subbed/non subbed will be fine. Much appreciate it x

You can find it on youtube by searching "Reply 1988 Ep.0" & "Reply 1988 Press Conference" :)

5 of the most upsetting K-drama endings

While Descendants of the Sun might have been a hit ending for many, there's no denying some of the biggest misses in Korean drama history
dots_embed.jpg

Image: SingTel TV

Writer Kim Eun Sook is responsible for one of the most reviled endings in K-drama history and there were concerns, in the lead-up to the finale of her latest hit, Descendants Of The Sun, that she would fail fans again.

On Wednesday, she had to reassure them during a radio interview she would not make the same mistake again, "because I would not be able to live in Korea".

However, as a public service, we are recounting some of the most upsetting, least satisfying K-drama endings. We watched them, so you never have to.

------edited out ------------------

5 REPLY 1988 (2016)

Team Jung Hwan - fans rooting for the cool guy played by Ryu Jun Yeol - are unhappy with the finale and it is understandable.

Although Jung Hwan is a main character, not only does he not get the girl, he also does not get a mention in the ending, unlike similar characters in the preceding Reply dramas (Reply 1997 in 2012 and Reply 1994 in 2013).

The shabby treatment of an important character in what is an otherwise sweet finale leaves a weird aftertaste.

==========================================================================================

Too bad I watched it live.. :bawling:.

source

Girl’s Day member Hyeri shared a behind-the-scenes tidbit about her crying scene in the drama “Reply 1988.”

On April 14, she guested on KBS’s “Happy Together 3” along with fellow member Yura, and actors Lee Se Young and Choi Sung Won.

On this episode, she shared something that happened while she was auditioning for her role on tvN’s “Reply 1988.”

She spoke of some help she received from actor Ryu Jun Yeol, revealing, “I was worried if the viewers would be as sad as I would be during the crying scene so I was wondering if I could get any tips or know-hows. So I called Ryu Jun Yeol two days before the shoot. We weren’t that close back then so I had to pick up the courage to call him. I asked if he could come out to the office and he came gladly without hesitation. He taught me the best,” showing her gratitude to her co-star.

:heart:This is terrific. It is always good to hear how folks pull together behind the scene to help everything comes together into a lovely story with a perfect ending. It seems like RJY is more helpful to Hyeri his real life than JH was to DS in the series. Of course it always been obvious that RJY wouldn't be someone to kick Hyeri while she was trying to learn her lines or rehearse her blocking like JH kicked DS while she was doing her chores.

That's why it is so important to keep actors and character separate when watching drama. Conflating them leads to confusion and misunderstanding of what's happening in the series.:heart:

Honestly I'm getting fed up of the people who keep on insisting of a certain actor suppose to be the main leading actor when obviously he's not. Just because he was a MAIN SUPPPRTING ROLE thus has a bit of importance as to create part of the story, some people keep insisting abt him being the lead & keep on whining abt the ending. The ending has been made very clear who has the most important & complex role, the focus on his background from his characteristic, his career & his feelings for his family, friends & the woman he loves...and his name was announced as the leading actor of R1988 was aired by Arirang since May 2015 , way before  filming started...and Arirang is an official TVN entertainment news network not SOE clueless & bias blogger

Showbiz Korea-HYE-RI, PARK BO-GUM & GO KYUNG-PYO TO LEAD REPLY 1988

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ssYnPJ0deZo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ssYnPJ0deZo

The point is the 3 leading casts were announced to lead R88 are Girl's Day HR, PBG & GKP. 

Screenshot_2016-04-21-02-23-37_zps9mzldp

Screenshot_2016-04-21-02-19-59_zpsdgx3vu

"And they are supported by OTHERS"

Thus there's no doubt the first leading man was set to be PBG from the beginning since GKP was told his love interest is BR right from the start (check ep 0). Therefore there is NO question Choi Taek was set to be the husband right from the start. And to see the effort the writer has put in into researching Choi Taek character, very detailed and precise the the rea baduk geniuses, also somewhat custom made for PBG,  its more like who is Choi Taek's wife instead of Deoksun's husband hunt. :P

I love all the characters,  young & old..... He bows out of the competition graciously & handsomely, so please don't make a cool guy turn pathetic because of a girl.

For the good & the bad of what this thread has gone thru, I sincerely hope people  will enjoy R88 as much as I do...however its time for me to moves on from this drama thread.

Have a nice day :)

@lxands : Hi dear :)

At this point I am not really into debating on who's what .. (We have done it before like a millions time :sweatingbullets:).

I am just posting NEWS that I found about (or related to) Reply 1988 that are not yet posted here. 
And since I haven't see that article posted here, then why not ?
It's new, posted on herworldplus on 17 of April 2016.

and also in THE STRAITSTIMES (not some random soe clueless and bias blogger as you said).

here is the link :

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/the-most-upsetting-k-drama-endings

Sorry if it's bothering you, I have no intention on doing that.

(You might be (still) oversensitive about this whole things, because if you read that articles again you would see, It's said there 'main character' NOT 'main leading actor'. As for  your video, it was posted a long time ago I believe. I also have seen and read articles about it before  and I appreciate it :).) 

Anyway....
Still related to Reply 1988, but I also don't see it posted on the main thread before, so why not ? :D

This is from the Reply 1988 Concerts, (please NOTED that I do know and understand that it is not from/in the drama but I love it since I love jhds couple:wub:).

In a way, it was Deoksun Reply To Junghwan Confession. It was a prologue to "A Little Girl " song performed live at the concerts :)

I am dedicating this post to new Reply 1988 fans who are into jhds couple. Hopefully it can comfort you the way it comfort me before guys :heart:.

Translations :

‘It was like an innocent day has passed by.
Love is a coincidence,
carefully we found it, just like that, unexpectedly.
Because of love, we were happy, hurt and sad.
And then towards love, we matured.
Even though it never came true, it was beautiful, our love.
Because it's our first,
it was clumsy, cause we're innocent,
wondered if it wasn't our head, but was our heart instead

Though our first love couldn't bear any fruit,
the flowers that bloom from it, was a beautiful memory.
And I believe it so.’

Archived