[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

6 minutes ago, tenilove97 said:

You are too considerate and look at that...humble!  I for one as long as I'm happy...all good! Whether fictional, fantasy, and/or reality...I try to enjoy it! Misery has no place...happiness is key! Otherwise, what's the point? All the best as well.;)

NO!

Never too anything. 

Always approrpiately modulated.

Therefore appropriatley considerate.

Enjoy your joy!

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I just want to share my fanfic. It's a Suntaek fanfic but in the point of views of SunWoo and DongRyung. You can say, this is how I see Sunwoo and DongRyung and how they observed the Suntaek couple.

Hope you guys will like it.

Dong Ryung's: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1120157/1/her-choice-suntaek

Sun Woo's: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1098143/1/dating-someone-not-her-reply1988-sungdeokseon-suntaek-choitaek

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sokpft  (http://linkis.com/live.joins.com/hGf1O)

52th Baeksang Awards Nominations (complete list) / Ceremony on 3rd June 2016. 
========================================================================

DRAMAS: 

Best Drama: 

She Was Pretty (MBC)
Signal (tvN) 
Six Flying Dragons (SBS)
Reply 1988 (tvN)
Descendants of the Sun (KBS)

Best Director: 

Kim Won Suk (Signal, tvN) 
Shin Kyung Soo (Six Flying Dragons, SBS)
Shin Won Ho (Reply 1988, tvN) 
Lee Eung Bok (Descendants of the sun, KBS) 
Jung Dae Yoon (She Was Pretty, MBC)

Best Actress: 

Kim Hye Soo (Signal, tvN)
Song Hye Kyo (Descendants of the Sun, KBS)
Ra Mi Ran (Reply 1988, tvN)
Kim Hyun Joo (I Have a Lover, SBS)
Hwang Jung Eum (She Was Pretty, MBC)

Best New Actor: 

Ryu Jun Yeol (Reply 1988, tvN)
Byun Yo Han (Six Flying Dragons, SBS)
Lee Dong Hwi (Reply 1988, tvN)
Ahn Jae Hong (Reply 1988, tvN)

Sungjae (The Village, SBS)

Best New Actress: 

Kim Go Eun (Cheese In The Trap, tvN)
Hyeri (Reply 1988, tvN) 
Park So Dam (Because it's the first time, Onstyle)
Lee Sung Kyung (Cheese in the trap, tvN)
Ryu Hye Young (Reply 1988, tvN)

Spoiler

Paeksang Arts Awards, also known as Baeksang Arts Awards, is an awards ceremony held annually by IS PLUS Corp., publisher of Ilgan Sports, since 1965. It is to honour outstanding achievements in the South Korean entertainment industry and to garner public attention upon the best in Korean films, television, and theater. It was established by Chang Key-young, founder of the Hankook Ilbo newspaper,[1] whose pen name was "Baeksang." The ceremony is usually presented in April or May in Seoul.[2] Baeksang Arts Awards have been called the "South Korean Golden Globe Award".[3]

Congratulations on the Nominations Reply 1988 Team and Best of Luck to all of the nominee :).

Hi all, just drop by to say how i miss reply 88. Hope they can win in best drama bcos they deserve it, and hope all actor n actress can attend the award night, i really miss them together. :wub:

52nd Baeksang Arts Awards unveils nominees

fdsk.jpg

tv Report - Naver: 'Baeksang Arts Awards' to take place on June 3rd, 'Descendants of the Sun' vs 'Reply 1988' vs. 'Six Flying Dragons' close match 

1. [+2,573, -162] Why exclude 'Signal'?

2. [+2,120, -115] 'Signal' and 'Six Flying Dragons' are the best in terms of acting, script and directing!!!! While 'Descendants of the Sun' and 'Reply 1988' have the best popularity!!!

3. [+1,534, -120] Wth, why did they leave out 'Signal'?

4. [+1,322, -139] What don't you know? ㅋㅋㅋColdly speaking, give awards based on quality not popularity..

5. [+288, -21] Should win award through acting skills

6. [+306, -41] Yoo Ah In's acting in SFD is incredible... DotS was a hit thanks to Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo. Signal however is really well made

7. [+296, -43] Except Signal and SFD, DotS was a huge hit because of the leads. It's a reach to call it a quality work. Plus the PPL left a bad taste in my mouth.

Source :

Spoiler

Excited for the Red Carpet, hopefully we'll see Reply 1988 Cast and Production Team Reunion  :w00t::D

Annyeong~~

It's been so long since the last time I posted here in MT. The Beaksang Awards is one of the prestigious award giving bodies in Korean entertainment, so seeing our beloved R88 gang being nominated for certain categories makes me feel proud. Goodluck to all of them. Fighting!!!

By the way, I almost forgot. I wanna congratulate all R88 shippers for winning in Soompi's Shippers Paradise contest, especially to my ship...kkkk...I'm so loving the blue badge (blue is my fave color) in my profile ❤️❤️❤️.

Let's stop the hate. The drama has ended months ago and the actors already moved on from their characters ,and I believe all of us are excited to see them in their next projects. Let us share love, as what RJY always says "Share to love". Love love love 

Reply 1988 won Top Excellence at 2016 방송통신위원회 방송대상 (Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards)

Congratulations to the director, scriptwriter and the cast!

https://twitter.com/snorants

My Congratulations to Reply 1988 Team for Winning this award :heart:

And of course to Cheetah Omma !!!  Ra Miran for Winning Popular Star,  Ryu Jun Yeol and Ryu Hye Young, both for Rising Star Awards of Cable TV Award 2016. All for their Role in Reply 1988 :grin:.

BRAVO !!!

Source 1, Source 2

First of all, I wish Choi Sung Won well! He's such a hard working actor. I'm sure he will also be able to fight it!

Found this cute fan-art on Instagram! hehehe

The fan art gives of a more modern feel to it, doesn't really feel like it was supposed to be in 1988. I mean, if this was in 2015, it's so cute! Nowadays, there aren't many neighborhood friendship gang like this right? 

The original scene from the drama looks a lot "older" than the fan-art

Reply.1988.E01.151106.HDTV.H264.540p-FMS

Guest adikkeluangman

genie와 함께하는 JYP 공채 12기 오디션 파이널 라운드 - 연기 팀

genie x JYP Final Round Audition actor team. These hopeful youngsters used scenes from this drama as their final audition evaluation in front of audiences.

• 2 weeks later...

27 Times We Fell In Love With Ryu Jun Yeol On “Reply 1988″

27 Times We Fell In Love With Ryu Jun Yeol On “Reply 1988″

January 16, 2016 — that’s the last time we saw Ryu Jun Yeol as Kim Jung Hwan on “Reply 1988,” when the drama series broadcast its finale.

We’ve been waiting since then.

ep6 waiting for a call

Very very anxiously.

reply 1988

Even though we caught glimpses of him during “Youth Over Flowers” in Africa (along with his “Reply” co-stars Go Kyung Pyo, Ahn Jae Hong, and Park Bo Gum), it hardly sufficed. I watched “Socialphobia” to ease the pain and then cursed not being within reach of a “Glory Day” screening.

Spoiler

But now, he’s coming back to K-drama screens.

jung hwan waits ep4

That’s right, Ryu Jun Yeol. Returning to K-drama.

RJY window

Stop whatever you’re doing.

It’s time.

In celebration of RJY’s return in the upcoming “Lucky Romance” on May 25, let’s take a look back at the show that made us fall, undeniably, completely, hopelessly, head over heels, in love, with Ryu Jun Yeol.  (Warning: this article contains spoilers for “Reply 1988.”)

It’s hard to say when exactly we first fell in love with the actor in the third installment of the Reply series; there were just so many moments. Perhaps it was one of Jung Hwan’s scenes of brooding solitude. Or the admirable bromances. Or maybe it was every time he smiled. Or maybe it was a culmination of the 27 moments below by which Ryu Jun Yeol had us enamored.

1. When he stood up to bullies

reply 1988

He decided to man up and get rid of the mean faces getting all up in pal Sunwoo’s grill.

reply 1988

2. When he performed in Duk Seon’s talent show

reply 1988

When Duk Seon’s friends break limbs during a field trip, him and the rest of the squad came through with a killer rendition of “Sobangcha’s Last Night.”

reply 1988

3. When he got stuck in an alley with Duk Seon

reply 1988

While trying to avoid getting caught sneaking out past curfew, Jung Hwan and Duk Seon duck into an alley to hide from the dean. Yes, it was awkward, uncomfortable, and absolutely glorious.

4. When he greeted his new Jordans

reply 1988

When he waved hello to his crisp new Air Jordans. Ah, that we’d be looked upon so sweetly.

CU jordans

5. When his shirt ripped open

reply 1988

Duk Seon accidentally rips his shirt open while grabbing for dear life on one tortuous bus ride. Accidents happen, even onscreen. Oops, and thank you, writers.

6. When he scrubbed his face so hard his nose started bleeding

reply 1988

Spoiler

It was the day of the tutoring session with everyone and Duk Seon. Cutest nosebleed ever.

7. When he obliged his dad with a presidential greeting

reply 1988 ep5

Jung Hwan’s dad, lovable but 100 percent cheesy, does enjoy a vivacious greeting, often with Duk Seon. And we knew that Jung Hwan absolutely hated some of those Gouda tendencies. But, on this particular occasion, he indulged his father, who was feeling a bit down.

8. When he became Guardian of Vicious Bus Rides

reply 1988

Protector of turbulent bus rides, Kim Jung Hwan’s your man. He’ll hold so tight his veins will pop out. You’ll be standing secure and unscathed. Take that, thrashing death traps of public transportation.

9. When he waited for Duk Seon to get home

reply 1988

That’s right — somebody we know waited up.

lights on for waiting for duk seon

10. When he pretended the house was a disaster without his mother

reply 1988

Things appeared to be smooth sailing while his Mom (Ra Mi Ran) was gone. A little too smooth for her liking. Jung Hwan pretends that he and the boys are absolutely useless without her.

reply 1988

11. When he showed up with an umbrella and said to “come home early”

reply 1988 ryu jun yeol

That scene. Killed me.

ryu jun yeol

12. When he showed up for burgers

reply 1988

Jung Hwan meets Duk Seon when she calls him, to her shock — and her friends’ delight. We were happy to see him, too.

reply 1988

13. When he gave Duk Seon the gloves

reply 1988

When Jung Hwan passes on Duk Seon’s Christmas gift via No Eul.

xmas gift collage

14. When he told Duk Seon not to go on that blind date

reply 1988

15. When he wrote in his mother’s passport

After learning that his mother doesn’t know English, he writes out the phonetic pronunciation of her name in her passport.

reply 1988

16. When he “accidentally” bumped into Duk Seon’s classmate

JH bumps collage

Duk Seon’s former classmate, whose first love was Duk Seon, gets “accidentally’” bumped into by Jung Hwan. Shameless accident, eh?

17. When he agonized over that pink shirt

ryu jun yeol reply 1988

Ah, that shirt. Duk Seon gifts him with a pink shirt for his birthday, which isn’t exactly his usual style. But when Jung Bong asks him for it, he wouldn’t give it to him. It wreaks quite the damage when Jung Bong receives the exact same shirt.

reply 1988

18. When he asked the bus driver to wait

ryu jun yeol

He asked the ahjusshi to wait ten seconds for Duk Seon. (In real life, driver waits for no one.)

19. When we found out he’s been carrying a picture of Duk Seon the whole time

reply 1988

Jung Hwan’s had a photo of him and Duk Seon in his wallet the whole time! I know!

20. When he indulged his brother

reply 1988

Jung Hwan does things for his brother that he doesn’t really want to do, like stargazing. But he loves his Hyung, so he humors him.

21. When Jung Hwan ran after Duk Seon

Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 2.30.21 AM

When Jung Hwan sprints out of the theater to see Duk Seon, he completely abandons Dong Ryong (Lee Dong Hwi). He cursed every red light. Ah, how the heart burns – we felt it all.

22. When he snuck in a peek at Duk Seon

peeks out

He looks in on Duk Seon doing picket girl practice.

picket girl practice

23. When he surprised his mother for her birthday

reply 1988

After realizing that his parents’ wedding photos were fake, he set up a surprise mini-wedding ceremony for his mother’s birthday.

24. When he’s there for his friends

reply 1988

Instead of being quick to hit the road back to the air force base, Jung Hwan comforts a troubled Sunwoo over drinks.

25. When we saw him in uniform

ryu jun yeol reply 1988

Shoot, that uniform looks good.

26. When he finally confessed (well, sort of)

reply 1988

“I waited an hour by the front door every day to go to school with you in the morning. I waited every night until you came home from studying. I couldn’t sleep at all because I was worried about you. I’ve thought of nothing but you. Just you. When I ran into you by chance on the bus, and when we went to the concert, and when I got the shirt from you on my birthday, I was so happy that I thought I was crazy. I wanted to see you more than a dozen times a day. I was happy just to see you. I wanted to tell you this a long time ago. I really like you. I love you.”

We knew it was real, though he passed it off in jest.

27. Every time he smiled

driving smiles

Because every time the corners of his mouth went up was enough to hit us in the heart.

Every.

Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 2.35.03 AM

Single.

Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 2.36.27 AM

Time.

Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 2.15.46 AM

Even the ones he was trying so hard to hide.

while hiding a smile

reply 1988

Sweet dreams, my fellow RJY fans.

reply 1988

When did you first fall for Ryu Jun Yeol?

luckymic is a Soompi writer currently watching “Oh Hae Young Again” and anticipating the premieres of “Entourage,” “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” and, of course, “Lucky Romance.” She is also a screenwriter and director.

SOURCE

• 2 weeks later...

Archived