[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

I will still watch this for Park Bo Gum and Go Kyung Pyo~~

The gang is assembled for Answer Me 1988

by girlfriday

Answer88_1.jpg

Well that only took forever. Answer Me 1988, the third installment of tvN’s throwback youth series from PD Shin Won-ho and writer Lee Woo-jung, has at last announced its main cast after months of speculation, rumors, retractions, and recriminations. First, the good news: Go Kyung-pyo (Cantabile Tomorrow)!! I love him and his awesome comedic chops, and I’m thrilled that he’s scored his first leading role in a show that’s easily going to make him a breakout star.

Idol Hyeri (Hyde, Jekyll, Me) has been attached to the show for quite some time as the lead character, and she’s now been confirmed as the headliner. I know that Jung Eun-ji and Go Ara weren’t established actresses before starring in Answer Me 1997 and Answer Me 1994, but I’m still not excited about Hyeri’s casting when they could’ve gone for acting chops over cute. She’ll have a lot to prove, but I hope for the drama’s sake that she’s got some hidden depth we’ve never seen before.

Park Bo-gum is also confirmed, after an early announcement. I’m looking forward to some bromance between him and Go Kyung-pyo, since these two have been co-stars in three other projects before this one (Cantabile Tomorrow, Chinatown, Roaring Currents). I know we were promised that 1988 wouldn’t have a husband-hunting framing device, but that hardly means we won’t be getting a love triangle. Somehow knowing that they’re buddies in real life would ease the pain, I think.

More here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/the-gang-is-assembled-for-answer-me-1988/

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Reply 1988' Finalizes Its Cast

lee-hyeri.jpg?w=600

"Reply 1994" and "Reply 1997" were such popular dramas that appearing in them served to boost the careers of the dramas' stars. So, whose career will benefit from the sequel?

On May 18 tVN released a list of the cast members for "Reply 1988." According to tvN, the cast will include Girl's Day's Lee Hyeri, Ryu Hye Young, Go Kyung Pyo, Park Bo Gum, Ahn Jae Hong, Ryu Jun Yeol, Lee Dong Hwi and Choi Sung Won. Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa, who played the parents in both previous "Reply" dramas will return for a third time.

Lee Hyeri has six drama roles to her credit, although two of them were cameos. She recently played a leading role in the controversial "Seonam Girls High School Investigators" and played Min Woo Jung in "Hyde, Jekyll and Me."

Ryu Jun Yeol played a member of Kim Jae Joong's intelligence team in the drama "Spy" and also appeared in the film "Socialphobia."  Go Kyung Po can be seen in two films this year, "Coin Locker Girl," which has earned critical praise, and "Casa Amor." His last drama was "Cantabile Tomorrow" with Joo Won. Park Bo Gum also appeared in "Coin Locker Girl," as well as "The Admiral: Roaring Currents." And he also had a role in "Tomorrow Cantabile."

Ahn Jae Hong appeared in the films "Twenty," "C'est Si Bon" and "Tazza: The Hidden Card." Ryu Jun Yeol also appeared in the film "Socialphobia," as well as the film "Glory Day."

The first "Reply" story was set in 1997 and focused on six university students. The story traveled back and forth between 1997 and 2012, when two of the friends were set to marry.  The drama starred Jung Eun Ji, Seo In Guk and Infinite's Hoya.

The second was set in 1994, with the plot traveling between that year and 2013. It also focused on university students and a marriage. "Reply 1994" starred Go Ara, Jung Woo and Yoo Yeon Suk.

Reply 1988" will not be exactly like the other dramas. According to producer Shin Won Ho, the story will not focus on first love but on five families who live in the same neighborhood in 1988. A previous MBC program "Three Families Under One Roof," which ran from 1986 to 1994, inspired the new drama.

"Reply 1988 will be a family drama set in the backdrop of 1988," said Shin.

Lee Woo Jung, who wrote the previous "Reply" dramas, is also the writer for "Reply 1988." Will the plot of the new installment work without a wedding? What do you think?

Copyright ⓒ 2015 DramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/84419/20150518/reply-1988-finalizes-its-cast.htm

Girl′s Day Hyeri Expresses Her Gratitude for the Opportunity to Act in ′Reply 1988′

Recently cast in the anticipated tvN drama, Reply 1988, Girl′s Day′s Hyeri stated, "Although it′s a time when I lack in a lot and should be learning, I′m very thankful for the opporunity to appear in [Reply 1988]." 

On May 18, when news about Hyeri being confirmed for the drama was revealed, Hyeri expressed her thanks through her agency, saying, "After hearing the news that I′ve been confirmed to join, I′m really nervous and shaking, but I really want to do well and not become a burden on this project."

92760002.jpg

Part of the four member group Girl′s Day, Hyeri has shown her acting abilities through the drama, Seonam Girls High School Investigators

Other actors cast in the drama include Park Bo Gum, Ko Kyung Pyo, Ryu Hye Young, Ryu Jun Yeol, and more. 

Photo Credit: enews DB

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/92760/girls-day-hyeri-expresses-her-gratitude-for-the-opportunity-to-act-in-reply-1988

Girl’s Day Hyeri is happy and thankful for landing a role in tvN’s “Reply 1988"

hyeri-575x383.jpg

Girl‘s Day Hyeri is ecstatic after hearing news of her being confirmed to appear in the drama!

On May 18, Hyeri expressed her gratitude for being included in the cast of upcoming tvN drama, “Reply 1988.” Through her agency, Dream Tea Entertainment, she said, “I would like to take this chance to thank the production team for this good news and wonderful opportunity. Although I may be lacking in some aspects of acting, I will prepare hard so as not to become a burden to the cast and staff.”

Reply 1988” is the latest and third installment in the highly successful Reply series from tvN. The drama will take the viewers back to the year 1988 and will center around the lives of five families residing within the same neighbourhood.

Aside from Hyeri, other actors have also been confirmed to appear on the said drama including, Park Bo Gum, Go Kyung Pyo, Ryu Hye Young, Ryu Jun Yeol, Choi Sung Won, Ahn Jae Hong, and Lee Dong Hwi.

cre:kpopfighting

Because it was confirmed, let's give some chance :)

But, I hope this drama is not about love triangle, coz It's so hard and enough, It was enough with R94 :)

​If I had to guess, there is likely to be some love triangle stuff going on, it seems to be a signature feature of this "series," And I'm ok with a little bit of that, I just can't take it if it's pushed to the level of another "whose the husband" game played throughout. It worked with 97, but yeah, by 94 I started screaming at the screen about halfway through and then finally decided to turn off the "guessing" part of my brain and just tried to watch the show. In 97, they at least filled in the gaps sufficiently toward the end. In 94, I began to feel that they sacrificed a lot of character development in service of the mystery and it just got frustrating. By the mid to end, I was much more interested in how the relationships of the entire group developed and matured over time, than I was in the resolution of the main triangle.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Reply fans, I made an article about the drama... Hopefully you will have time to read it.. Thank you :D

[DRAMA]What to Expect When Your Expecting the Upcoming tvN Drama "Reply 1988"?

reply%20series_zpsysulvqtp.jpg

Fans of the popular cable drama series, Answer Me also known as The Reply Series were very happy with the anouncement that was made last January. A third installment will be set to open later this year with the drama timeframe that is set during the 1988 era of South Korea.

Reply 1997, the first installment of the series revolves around six friends who lives in Busan that gathered together in a class reunion and came up with their memorable moments when they were still in highschool. It centers around idol fan culture, highschool love and achieving dreams. The drama had established the acting careers of Jung Eunji and Seo Inguk. Meanwhile, the second installment Reply 1994 centers around the lives of college students living in a dorm. It tackles events that happened in the 1994 era which includes the happenings in Korean Basketball League and the popularity of Kpop boyband Seo Taiji and the boys. The drama made a great impact to the careers of Go Ara, Jung Woo, Yoo Yeon-seok and other stars that participated in it.

Last May 18, the six frontrunners of Reply 1988 was confirmed. Idol Hyeri will be playing the female lead character with Go Kyung-po and Park Bo-gum that will likely play as rivals. New faces were also confirmed to star in the drama namely Ryu Joon-yeol, Ryu Hye-young, and Ahn Jae-hong.

Shin Won Ho PD told the media that this time the drama will revolve around stories of families that live in the same small neighborhood.. So we can expect to not guess who the husband may be.. Yes, Please?..

With the nostalgic feeling that the series wanted the viewers to feel we all can expect that the drama will tackle the important things that happened during the year of 1988. I am kinda curious of what were the things that happened in 1988 South Korea so I will play as a fortuneteller this time and I will try to point out the happenings that may be included in the upcoming drama.. Here are my forecast:

Read the full article here: http://themiswriting.blogspot.com/2015/06/dramawhat-to-expect-when-your-expecting.html

What do the producers of 'Reply 1988' have to say about the complaints against Hyeri's casting?

CGk6hO3UgAAgwny.jpg:large

As you know, Girl's Day's Hyeri was previously confirmed for one of the main roles in the highly anticipated drama, 'Reply 1988', drawing a lot of negative reaction from the 'Reply' series' fans. 

Constructive criticisms as well as direct complaints against Hyeri have been continuing to flood in with viewers adamant that the casting of an idol with barely any acting experience may 'ruin' the upcoming drama. 

In response of the negative reaction, the producers of the 'Reply' series are continuing to defend their choice, stating that Hyeri will face the criticisms head-on with her acting skills. 

A rep from the drama staff said on June 1, "The reason why we cast Hyeri in the first place is because she fit the role the best and we firmly believe that she will be able to exceed expectations. The main characters for two other 'Reply' series, Go Ara and Eunji, both faced controversies when their castings were announced. However, they were able to beat the controversy with their acting, and Hyeri will also do the same and turn the crisis into an opportunity." 

Meanwhile, Hyeri is doing her best to meet the high expectation, studying various past roles and consulting with the producer about how she'll portray her character. 

We can't wait to see how she'll do and what the new 'Reply 1988' will bring considering the success of its predecessors, 'Reply 1997' and 'Reply 1994'!

allkpop.com/article/2015/06/what-do-the-producers-of-reply-1988-have-to-say-about-the-complaints-against-hyeris-casting

• 1 month later...

'Reply 1988' script reading took 3 hours to finish

sfafjhdsf.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Nate: 'Reply 1988' script reading took 3 hours

1. [+1,925, -179] A failure thanks to Hyeri

2. [+1,667, -138] This will be Reply's worst installment

3. [+1,001, -67] Daebak! The female lead's acting sucked so bad for it to take 3 hours

4. [+68, -20] How perfect would this be without Hyeri

5. [+66, -14] Is her agency being backed by someone bigㅋㅋ Reply series has always inclined towards acting skills more than popularity. Did they get a new production team? ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+63, -15] PD-nim and writer-nim, you're making a huge mistake

7. [+63, -35] She was adorable and innocent on 'Real Men' but her attitude is trashy in real life

8. [+51, -4] Ah.... Hyeri's the only flaw........ Not motivated to watch because of her ..... This will air in October? That's the same month as Cheese in The Trap's release.. I'd rather watch that

kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/07/reply-1988-script-reading-took-3-hours.html

Okay just because it took three hours does not make it the lead actresses fault, maybe they were discussing in detail about what will go on in the drama and what all the characters will be like. Also i hate that they keep bashing on Hyeri we should trust them on casting her, they did great with Reply 1997 & 1994 actors just wait and see people!

Everytime i open this forum, is always controversy about hyeri? Whats the real problem about hyeri? Her acting is fine to me, after watch hyde jykel and me. Or korean fans just insane? Loves to leave hate comments in every cast ? If i should compare hyeri acting in hyde jykell? Between "just example" krystal fx on my lovely girl. I would choose hyeri, her acting is good. Maybe the part of her crying skill, still doesnt good. Well, ppl will improve, and still learning. Hahahaha

• 3 weeks later...

erm I'm a bit confused about this thing..who's the main lead in this drama Go Kyong Pyo or Park Bo Gum..if it's Go Kyong Pyo..then I would be really happy for him..he's hilarious everytime he's onscreen...no matter how short his stint is.

erm I'm a bit confused about this thing..who's the main lead in this drama Go Kyong Pyo or Park Bo Gum..if it's Go Kyong Pyo..then I would be really happy for him..he's hilarious everytime he's onscreen...no matter how short his stint is.

I guess we will only get to know later. But so far I prefer Park Bo Gum, he's so charming. His recent acting in I Remember You is also pretty good. I also like Go Kyung Pyo though. Those two, especially Park Bo Gum, is one of the main reasons why I decided to check out this drama.

I guess we will only get to know later. But so far I prefer Park Bo Gum, he's so charming. His recent acting in I Remember You is also pretty good. I also like Go Kyung Pyo though. Those two, especially Park Bo Gum, is one of the main reasons why I decided to check out this drama.

Oh..okk =]]..I have not seen Park Bo Gum in anything yet..but have been hearing  his praises a lot lately..=]..Go Kyung Pyo has amazing comic timing..so I'm guessing this series would be a bit of comedy too.But mostly I'd be checking out for the boys lol.

it s the main point here, Reply series are all about husband hunt. So of course, the writer and PD would do everything to confuse viewers who is the main male lead.

it s the main point here, Reply series are all about husband hunt. So of course, the writer and PD would do everything to confuse viewers who is the main male lead.

Ah ok...I'm guessing a pattern here...feisty and quirky Hyeri vs the moody,silent Park Bo Gum and the more stupid,idiotic Go Kyung Pyo =S

The one Who is less pretty and Have less fan girls but more fan boys and The one Whom the girl will kiss in EP2 and Then bunch of young pics of them shows up. I'm guessing Go Kyung Pyo in here because He kinda looks like Jung Woo too. LOL The writer and The PD definitely have a thing for First Love and have something against Pretty and sweet boys. LOL

Guest phi3nk

i'll try this for the actors, GKP and PBG. i like GKP in Flower Boy Next Door. he's so funny and silly. though i hope he will do a reunion with Kim Seul Gi (oh, both so adorable funny together) but KSG already be a ghost now, LOL.

Hasil gambar untuk flower boy next door

and PBG doing awesome job in I Remember You. I also believe the magic hand of PD Shin. But hope the actresses would doing great performance too. who knows what will happen next, it might be Hyeri will turn to show her true talent. just like the other female lead Reply series before.

Ah ok...I'm guessing a pattern here...feisty and quirky Hyeri vs the moody,silent Park Bo Gum and the more stupid,idiotic Go Kyung Pyo =S

Me think so, except I prefer Park Bo Gum's role to be someone who's gentle, nice, and charming, or something similar with his previous role in Cantabile rather than moody and silent. His image has the fitting image for this kind of character. But I don't want him to be the 2nd Chilbong lol

Archived