[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

@uglypearl Thank you so much ^^

Spoiler

Take notice the song JH played in Taek's room and Deok Sun played in car please. While watching it I was sure it meant to convey each other feelings and I was a bit afraid. But sigh... It fits perfectly DS's reaction(rejection) and JH's love ... I'm relieved 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gangurhar said:

Jung Hwan is about to get kimchi slapped by me :angry:

At this point he is more pathetic than Chilbong 

not true.... ?

Chilbong confessed to Najung many times but well... since she loves Trash too much, she just ignores (?) him..

I mean Chilbong swoop in for a kiss... and we don't even have a reaction

Chilbong is always nice to Najung and always there for her... never avoid her etc... even challenge Trash that it's not over until it's over phrase thing.....

Chilbong is fighting a losing battle....

while Jung Hwan (for now) is retreating from the battle he could have won.....

i backtracked the episodes to make sure and i still believe

- the alley scene aka 3rd episode happened on october (i saw bora reading ds's notice from her school and asumed this)
- and olympic scene happened on september

correct me if i'm wrong but junghwan liked deoksun even before alley scene.

4 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

Btw, is it hinting that DS's dad is getting ill? :(:( 

Yeah this is also my biggest question.... I hope not but it does seem like it!

5 minutes ago, minyeonhan said:

i backtracked the episodes to make sure and i still believe

- the alley scene aka 3rd episode happened on october (i saw bora reading ds's notice from her school and asumed this)
- and olympic scene happened on september

correct me if i'm wrong but junghwan liked deoksun even before alley scene.

Yes that is what I gathered too. Though I had an idea it might be going in that direction already yesterday, with JH's diary full of DS...

1 hour ago, stervamerzkaya0 said:

I feel so sorry for SW and DR, can you imagine getting caught up in this situation? Out of nowhere your best friend is confessing his life-long crush on another best friend, and all you can do is just sit there, shocked and unable to leave or say anything. I got more second-hand embarrassment from watching them fidgeting in their seats than from DR's football field mishap. How unromantic of me to notice that instead of JH's confession. I am still on the fence about it. On one hand I it was gutsy and awesome, on another hand I hate that he turned it into a joke. I can only hope that DS realises that he was not lying.

I was a bit sad that even Sunwoo at the end didn't see through his lies that what he said whas true and not a joke like he made it seem to end it...I think Sunwoo and DR were soooo shocked and maybe Sunwoo was thinking about this sudden situation while listening after all the time he knew Taek liked DS and even rooted openly for him in front of JungHwan...Maybe both didn't linger on the whole situation as it was already out of the blue and more complicated to bring it there but still,i kinda wanted both guys to realize he wasn't joking in the least...

Knowing JungHwan more than sure he went for it at last getting the courage and said all he wanted and after used DR to get out of it and make as a joke and not burden DS and all the others there...JH always puts himself last,as long as the others are happy...I guess he wanted some kind of closure(peace of mind to at least saying his feelings) and not to feel any longer remorse for what could or not because of it,that's how i saw it...

On the other hand even if it's JH, who confess like that,in those details,actions while telling and using words like "I Like You,I LOVE YOU" even more someone as JungHwan...I don't see him the type to toss those words,even as a joke,even with long time friends,if he DIDN'T MEAN IT...

@uglypearl  Do u also happen to know  the song that they used in episode 17 when the Dads were talking about their children and their dreams(Taek Dad about his son not resembling him etc.) after Deok-sun-ah was talking with Dad about the same subject on the staircase that night...it's a song used before,mostly in emotional scenes but don't know who the artits/song is..i really want to find it

I actually like the recent episodes and developments. The confession was beautiful IMO, it gave an insight to how long Jung Hwan has liked Duk Seon. Him saying I love you took courage and maturity on his part I think, coming to terms with his feelings for her. Also a lot of people seem put off by the whole joke thing but I thought it was a good way to break up the air after such a confession, the writer handled it pretty realistically. Regardless the girl got the message and we've been left hanging so it's too early to jump to conclusions.

I actually really like the last few minutes, I felt it was a beautiful way of showing us how a teenage boy's(now a man) long crush has now grown to love. Well here's hoping he's the husband (although I don't doubt that one bit LOL) and hopefully next week we'll get more insight into Duk Seon's side of the story.

2 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

Btw, is it hinting that DS's dad is getting ill? :(:( 
Also, how old are the parents relatively? When Miran look at the calendar, she's suspecting herself pregnant or menopause? :o 

With regards to Miran, they left it open as to whether it's pregnancy or menopause. 

But earlier she seems to have hot flashes symptoms too so it seems to lean towards menopause. But I don't think late age pregnancy is an impossibility either. Let's wait and see. 

With regards to DS's dad, I think they're hinting at a laid off. I've shared here before but Hanil bank fails during the Asian Financial Crisis. The bank is already struggling in today's episode, with employees stealing money from the bank. 

Dad brings up the possibility of early retirement to his wife. (When a company struggles and is ready to lay off, the company tries to convince employees to consider the possibility of early retirement first, especially to their older age employees). 

DS's mom wouldn't hear any of it. I don't think she realizes the husband is kind of being forced into early retirement. (If anything, he should take that opening and scram!) 

This kind of issue was very prominent in the 90s. Unfortunately, it seems to be happening to the Sung's soon.

4 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Yes that is what I gathered too. Though I had an idea it might be going in that direction already yesterday, with JH's diary full of DS...

that's true, junghwan's mind has been so full of deoksun even before all of these

30 minutes ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

Btw, regarding the kiss in Episode 17...

Hide contents

I don't think that was a dream, you guys! That happened for real too~~

Could you share why you think so please? Sorry haven't seen the whole Episode 18, not sure where this clue is...

18 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

Knwoing JungHwan more than sure he went for it at last getting the courage and said all he wanted and after used DS  to get out of it and make as a joke and not burden DS and all the others there...JH always puts himself last,as long as the others are happy...I guess he wanted some kind of closure and not to feel any longer remorse for what could or not because of it,that's how i saw it...

On the other hand even if it's JH who confess like that,in those details,actions while telling and using words like "I Like You,I LOVE YOU" even more someone as JungHwan...I don't see him the type to toss those words,even as a joe,even with long time friends,if he DIDN'T MEAN IT...

This is so on point. This was one of the biggest development I've seen on Junghwan's part. Whether it leads him to happy or sad ending that scene was essential. Let's not disregard his intention and courage. We are watching Junghwan's pov  since ep1 and with flashbacks we can now see how serious his struggle was. I've already said this he already loved Deok Sun unconsciously and after alley scene he decided to take responsibility for his feelings. But once insecurities kicked in he retreated. It was like watching  never ending withdrawal syndrome to me so I'm glad he accepted the fact that he felt remorse and cried over his hesitation all along. Once subtitles out you will know it was not regression but resolution closure for his arc. 

15 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

This is so on point. This was one of the biggest development I've seen on Junghwan's part. Whether it leads him to happy or sad ending that scene was essential. Let's not disregard his intention and courage. We are watching Junghwan's pov  since ep1 and with flashbacks we can now see how serious his struggle was. I've already said this he already loved Deok Sun unconsciously and after alley scene he decided to take responsibility for his feelings. But once insecurities kicked in he retreated. It was like watching  never ending withdrawal syndrome to me so I'm glad he accepted the fact that he felt remorse and cried over his hesitation all along. Once subtitles out you will know it was not regression but resolution closure for his arc. 

i thought his consideration of friendship was the one that made him backing out instead of insecurities?

9 minutes ago, eylrx said:

Blue... I have been waiting /hoping/ anticipating to see  your thoughts on the episode

thoughts on DS  reaction of JH confession .. Why did she keep looking at the door

Sorry for the intrusion :blush:  

She was waiting for Taek to arrive and every time she was hearing the ring bell on the door she would look at the entrance anticipating for him...JH realized/saw that as well...I think DS understood deep down he wasn't lying but her toughts at least as i saw it were right after still on the wherabouts of Taek...Also if we see the ring was let there on the restaurant table,no one took it in the end,not even DR...

By the way about the Future Husband Jacket,is that logo some type of exclusive jacket type etc or anyone can buy it...I mean we saw the logo and how it can connect JH but still,there is also the chance the person can buy it without menaing anything the logo for them(with this PD knwoing many times he's a troll i just can't take without slightly asking myself)...i was more curious about their low voice conversation rather than the jacket...can anyone translate that part pretty please...

40 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

@uglypearl  Do u also happen to know  the song that they used in episode 17 when teh Dads were talking about their children and their dreams(Taek Dad about his son not resembling him etc.) after Deok-sun-ah was talking with Dad about the same subject on the staircase that night...it's a song used before,mostly in emotional scenes but don't know who the artits/song is..i really want to find it

Lee Jeok(Juck) -- Don't Worry My Dear (Reply 1988 OST Version)

Original Version

Jeon InGwon(InKwon) of DeulGukHwa (Wild Chamomile/Chrysanthemum)

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

@shooastrid thanks for you patience, :D

I thank YOU! @packmule3 :) 

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

5)  this is the common thread in all three pictures with the diagonal line in the circle: crossing the line.

Does this mean viewfinder theory > color theory? :D I still opt for baduk shirts theory though kekeke. :P 

In a more serious tone, I really appreciate the time you take to present your analysis in a way that easily understood - or at least if you read it without prejudice anyway. Your posts are amazing as always. There is still one week to the next episode. Who knows what you still got there under your sleeves? Every single time some new angle to look at. Thanks!

Maybe at last we can see the biggest theory of all? The baduk vs chinese checkers interpretation? Can't wait!

1 hour ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

Just finished watching Episode 18.

WOW! What a great episode! 

I honestly can't believe that there are JH-DS shippers who are still doubting that JH is the husband after today's episode. If anything, Shin PD is screaming/blaring "Here's your husband!"

Until today, my certainty level was 99%. After todays episode, there's not an ounce of doubt.

Anyway, regarding the kiss in Episode 17...

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think that was a dream, you guys! That happened for real too~~

Im searching for your comment in every page after this episode being aired blue. And glad that im not delusional and we have one voice that JH is the husband...

Did the Future DS in the shop ask Future Husband if he borrowed money to someone again?can someone translate that part?Can't fully understand if they are talking of him giving money to someone or if he borrowed from someone a book again,they talk too low:bawling:

I was thinking now about one BIG difference between the two couples,could or not mean something...While DS looked at JH as a guy and potential boyfriend when her friends mentioned that HE LIKED HER back then and to try and see as they are sure this time it's sure and not like with Sunwoo and her trying to woo him with her inocent methods,she looked at Taek without her friends involvment...I was thinking it was a big piece in the story and involving DS even more...it was the first time somehow that she was swayed by her own emotions rather than after being told by her friends etc....I lowkey think DS liked Taek all her life thinking it now,even if it wasn't romantic love from the start but it shaped as that without her realizing it as well,making that slow transition from a friend that needs always to be taken care,as a mama duck, to her seeing him as a man and taking care of him as such,it was a fine line and with the time skip more likely she realized,as she matured,seen the world and understood it as well,better than back in her highschool days...What do u guys think?

In between i like Taek even if i am a JH shipper,still that doens't mean i will refuse to see/think about some things for both sides,mostly when i'm cooled off after an episode and random stuff  :glasses:

@uglypearl Thank u very much for the song,i really wanted the original singer,u are a bless to the threads u follow

About deoksun being distracted during JH's confession, i think taek already confessed during the concert scene, this is just my two cents but I think she rejected him, maybe she is concerned that he may not show up because of being rejected...

Base on her facial expression during the confession, she was quite surprise and happy (I mean she smiled so yeah? lol), she's may not b eexpecting anything (probably because of the shirt incident that has not been clarified until now) but when JH made it seem like a Joke, her facial is a bit disappointed? i dunno, well just have to wait till next week to find out, and this really gives me a headache, i know not just me maybe most of us, hahaha

Archived