[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter how many times I re-watch the scene, I still think it hints very clearly that the chocolate was in Sunwoo's bag or jacket because he's the last one to pick up whatever remains or left around Jinjoo. I believe this scene is also to distract us to Sunwoo (who was a decoy then) and that Sunwoo was indeed DS's first crush. The way older DS react about whether the husband got the chocolate, it's also seems like she totally forgot about it (after all Sunwoo was her very superficial crush) but the husband insists on not getting the chocolate, which I think is the truth here. So the husband can be Taek or JH (or even DR), who didn't receive the chocolate that older DS mentioned. 

4 hours ago, antyno said:

Ps: I actually want to see SW reaction to the chocolate, but we didn't see that :(

Regarding Sunwoo's reaction to the chocolate, I have 2 possibilities:
1. Jinjoo found and finished all the chocolate and Sunwoo was not even aware of receiving the chocolate.
2. DS gave Sunwoo's candies too and he also reacted surprise but then also oblivious to these candies. So my guess is that he's quite used to receive gifts/letters from girls (mind you, he's the class president, I think he can be popular among girls) and since he already knows his feeling toward Bora, he doesn't bother to any of these gifts.
After saying this, I know Sunwoo attends an all boys school, but he may have reputation among the girls in the all girls school. He plays football well, class president, studies well. I will be surprise if he doesn't have any girls crushing on him. 

8 hours ago, dinhie said:

JB being a detective? It makes sense! He just like walking encyclopedia, knows anything that most people don't. Just like Detective Conan or Sherlock Holmes! kekeke

@carolinedl I thought in R97 there was a scene where TW giving advice about the student's future, no? 

If he wears the clothes he wore for his first date, plus the hat, he's dressed for success.

You mean those sooo realistic talks with SW's classmates right before he handed his resignation? I remember the satoori announcer haha.

51 minutes ago, toera said:

If he wears the clothes he wore for his first date, plus the hat, he's dressed for success.

You mean those sooo realistic talks with SW's classmates right before he handed his resignation? I remember the satoori announcer haha.

Yess, that one. and finally they achieved their realistic future job right? :D

more updates from R88 cast :

Spoiler

Lol yes now I think about it. Plus the next scene where YJ reads SW's fanfic.

Sometimes I think that 1997 was more simple and more outrageous, but on second thought I just got used to the writer's humor. This one is just as bad. :lol:

@kaqueski  I'll take option No1. If nothing else,it's JJ and food.

Oh i can't escape a chocolate theory in everywhere i go many people talking about the theory in everywhere 

So may i can share my opinion too you guys "i think Why Adult husband ask DS "Who she give chocolate to...?"

1. If the husband is TK why he don't know who DS give chocolate to...? He know DS like JH so why he ask her again ? it's not make sense 

2. If the husband is JH and he ask her again in present because he uncertain who DS give chocolate to...? because JH know DS like SW and TK like DS too so then he uncertain who DS give chocolate to SW or TK and he has to ask her again for sure

PS. Oh! guys sorry for my English skill because some word i use google translate LOLLLL

It's really interesting to read the chocolate theory.

But as I see, the 4 stuff around JinJoo this time are easily identified whom they belonged to. First is the coat jacket. DR and JH wore their sport uniform with their jackets on. Taek wore his white jacket too. Only SW wore school uniform (white shirt and sweater) that time, and left his jacket outside. It was the blue vest of his uniform. So it had SW's name tag on it. DS couldnt mistook. 

Second is the 3 bags. Taek didnt carry any bag to JH house (he came with some comic books for DS). DR and JH's bags had same style and were totally different with SW's. DR's bag is white, JH's is black, but SW's is faded blue. Each boy basically uses 1 bag only. So being their close friend for years, DS easily recognised which bag was SW/JH/DR.

Sum up, I believe the one received DS's chocolate in ep2 was SW who was also her crush that time. The point is we dont know what happend with the chocolate bar after that. Maybe:

1- Jinjoo ate all before SW took his bag and went out with the others so he had no idea about the chocolate.

2- He figured out a chocolate bar in his bag and reacted like the time he received the cassette tape and candy in his locker. He's top student, handsome and kind. No reason he didnt have any girl crush on him but he'd already had someone in his heart so he didnt care about those kinds of gifts. Therefore, he'd gave the bar for his BR (for some nonsense reason) or JJ. Or at the tokkbokki restaurant, he found the chocolate and shared it with his friends without hesitance which made DS really speechless.

However, according to the argument between DS and her husband about chocolate in 2015, maybe there was another time she gave chocolate to the guy around the last months of 1988. So in 2015, the 2 was talking about 2 different events. I guess it was in the magnito game, DS gave JH something (chocolate) but it was not revealed yet.

I noticed that DS really likes sweeties so chocolate/ candy was her favourite things to give others as a gift. ( I think that's why she found herself clueless and childish to choose a birthday present for JH - her current crush -so she asked Mi Ok for help) So at 1988 Christmas, she didnt know a bit of JH's feeling, she treated him like a friend, gave him a gift and waited for her secret santa giving her another gift.

I revisited ep 2 to verify the chocolate theory.  It was obvious that the chocolate was given to SW and the jacket belongs to SW.  

Now, I am not so sophisticated so my simple thinking is this: DS remembers that in the past, she gave sweets and chocolates to her crushes and since she did have a crush on SW and JH around that period, she couldn't remember exactly who she gave it to.  

My second theory is this: the chocolate aforementioned is not the "Jin Joo" chocolate.  So if TK shippers or JH shippers would like to find out, perhaps they can go through all the scenes where DS was interacting with them and find out if she did slip in a chocolate in one of the scene.  I am pretty sure that Jin Joo ate the chocolate given to SW as the wrapper was on top of DR's bag where it wasn't before.  

14 minutes ago, sheza said:

I am pretty sure that Jin Joo ate the chocolate given to SW as the wrapper was on top of DR's bag where it wasn't before.  

It was the sausage wrapper, no? JJ was eating the sausages and you see that it is the wrapper from the sausages just before...

In DC R1988 gall, there were some filming accounts and spoilers. Some info are here too. Let me write in detail.

The playground scene is 5 friends together. It was filmed some days ago and included in ep17 preview as we already saw. At this playground, Junghwan and Taek meet again awkwardly.

The jeep scene is 1994 of course. Because Junghwan is driving. Deoksun is in the car. Junghwan had a new hair. and Deoksun wasn't visible. It seems all the actors were ordered to hide their identity at year 1994. I saw the photo, he may be wearing cadet's uniform of The Air Force Academy. Or maybe already a commissioned officer at 1994. Doesn't it remind of the HR novel DS was reading, 'An officer and a princess'? If he wasn't an air force officer, he would be just a college student or in military duty. Driving such an expensive jeep doesn't make sense.

Lee Seung Hwan concert scene is 1994, as it is written on the placard. Seems Taek and Deoksun scene, but not sure if they came together, not sure who else was there either. Deoksun was calling at the public phone booth by herself.

The movie theater scene is Taek and Deoksun inside the theater. Dongryong was there too but he left earlier. It is ep19! Many people witnessed the staffs were holding ep19 scriptbook. Also all were covering themselves from head to toes. But Deoksun's ankle was shown, it means she wasn't wearing pants. There were many sub actors on the street , they were ordered to hold umbrella but no rain or snow. Maybe CG will be used. Or it will be filmed later again. Bogum had another schedule at night on that day. (invited to a concert held by Ministry of culture, as a baduk promoter. Is he actor Park Bogum? or Baduk master Choi Taek?)

I read another interesting account. Bogum was at the KBS variety show awards as a presenter and winner. Many many countless variety show PDs said hello to Bogum and asked about how PD Shin is doing lately. KBS is PD Shin's hometown. He bowed in 90 degrees, answered those questions. All show performers and PDs asked him who is the husband or 'You're the husband right?' Every time Bogum's face was smiling, but looked  miserable. either can't tell a lie or can't tell the truth. He answered 'How would I know?' awkwardly, but his face was showing that he knows the truth. He really can't tell a lie.  He repeated this awkward greetings hundreds times. The witness wanted to break in and rescue him.

cr: http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=reply1988&no=488826&page=15&recommend=1

2 minutes ago, saturn. said:

I read another interesting account. Bogum was at the KBS variety show awards as a presenter and winner. Many many countless variety show PDs said hello to Bogum and asked about how PD Shin is doing lately. KBS is PD Shin's hometown. He bowed in 90 degrees, answered those questions. All show performers and PDs asked him who is the husband or 'You're the husband right?' Everytime Bogum's face was smiling but looked  miserable. either can't tell a lie or can't tell the truth. He answered 'How would I know?' awkwardly, but his face was showing that he knows the truth. He really can't tell a lie.  He repeated this awkward greetings hundreds times. The witness wanted to break in and rescue him.

Poor Bogum bombarded with questions who is the husband??!! LOL. @saturn. I was just waiting for your translated details for the spoilers! thanks a lot ! so they already filmed epi 19.. but bits and pieces.. here and there not sure when they are going to film episode 20.. all are super secretive.. nice shin PD.. you really got all your staff and cast to keep their lips tight not to reveal anything..bravo!!

6 hours ago, packmule3 said:

reply%201988%20daughter%20in%20law_zpsar

Deok-Sung is the daughter that JH's father wished for. The way DS and JH's father LOVE their loved ones are so identical, they could be father-and-daughter. But I'll explain more with details later. 

I rewatched parts of ep 2 after reading on your chocolate theory.  I had noticed that JH's father called her his friend.  I think that is the highest compliment any dad could give his son's friend.  DS' mother and father had wished for Taek to be their son in law but of course SW's mother also claim him for Jin Joo.  I am open to the theory that Taek may end up with Jin Joo based on the famous baduk player Taek is modelled after.  SW's mother was on the money when it comes to her prediction about the apartments in Gangnam.  And if we google the character Taek is modelled after, he and his wife actually stays in Gangnam.  But then again we are now on the verge of seeing Taek's father and SW's mother ending up together so let's see how far the story will diverge from reality.  Already the baduk player did mentioned that there are many differences between Taek and him.  Interestingly, even after having two sons, JH's parents also wanted Taek to be their son.  *lol*  Taek is really likeable and popular.  What's not to love about Taek?  

I feel so bad for PBG. From the photos of him MCing, he looked really cheerful and upbeat but I suppose the stress of keeping the husband secret is tough for a guy who can't lie. 

lie_zpstnph5vtc.gif

Video credit: eyesonryu

Makes me feel like corrupting him. LOL...

43 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

It was the sausage wrapper, no? JJ was eating the sausages and you see that it is the wrapper from the sausages just before...

Correct me if I am wrong.  When they show DS taking a bite off the sausage, they showed the bag and nothing was on top of the bag.  They only showed the wrapper fly off after DR came out and took his bag.  

49 minutes ago, saturn. said:

In DC R1988 gall, there were some filming accounts and spoilers. Some info are here too. Let me write in detail.

Whoa, thanks for translating! Cadet uniform had my eyes opened wide. Basically man in uniform kills me. Let this be true!. 

And I find it amusing to read that the casts have to be covering themselves from head to toe. I am imagining various scenarios and they all appeared funny to me. Thankfully it's winter so they have all those huge jackets to cover them. 

I usually don't like spoilers but for some reason, Reply 1988  had me slurping up every spoilers or hints available. I don't usually watch raw and just wait till subs are out but since few weeks ago, I gave up. The pain of waiting is too much. I just watch raw and next morning watch with c-sub. 

And Bogum ah, next time just PR your drama and smile and reply them "Please watch till the last episode". No lie required! 

30 minutes ago, sheza said:

Correct me if I am wrong.  When they show DS taking a bite off the sausage, they showed the bag and nothing was on top of the bag.  They only showed the wrapper fly off after DR came out and took his bag.  

I just rewatched the end of the episode and I think it is the sausage wrapper. The wrapper falls with two pieces of sausage that were on it. It looks like a transparent wrapper, it does not look like the chocolate one.

Archived