[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

There's a spoiler floating around the internet. BE WARE OF SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW! I put it under tag.

Spoiler

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.hu/2016/01/tv-spoiler-possible-reply-1988-spoiler.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CXfyHPbUEAAnTEz.mp4 ->>> this one is more like fan made.

If this is the case... there's no irony regarding the career choice, no?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

There's a spoiler floating around the internet. BE WARE OF SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW! I put it under tag.

Reveal hidden contents

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.hu/2016/01/tv-spoiler-possible-reply-1988-spoiler.html

If this is the case... there's no irony regarding the career choice, no?

I am not surprised. Regardless of the outcome, I still plan to enjoy the next 4 episodes. ^^ 

I just realised Reply 1994 had a full cameo ... I am wondering if we will be lucky enough to get full cameo from both Reply.  Almost like an impossible dream seeing how busy these celebs are.  

I hope to see more of DS' character shine through.  As it is now, I think only Bora can take on Sung Si Won!  hahaha :)  

Guest wizengamot
59 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

So.. can someone help me to elaborate what does it mean 'Pushover'? Ja Hyun said Taek is like a pushover.. in which I have no idea what she means...

it means "easy" to be influenced :)

but Ja Hyun said "Choi Taek thinks you (meaning DS) are a push over." :D

I've rewatched the reply 1997 a few days ago but feels like completely different air to me. The storyline was pointed to the younger generation. The adult part was more like a side story. A necessary to complete the real life.

How I love the Reply 1988 bcoz I like to watch all different character (parents or children, The ajummas..the fathers... ). No need to know if the actor\actress are well known or not, just watch them n u will know. Heh heh, a few of my friends also love the series after i encourage them to watch it! 

11 hours ago, st4rdust said:

@sartikam I rewatched EP7 as well...and I found that what it illustrated was exactly what DS narrated at the end... 

They have reached an age where secret santa no longer interested them. She was JH's secret santa, but she had zero interest in being nice to him that week, or get him anything at all.
She didn't even seem to have thanked him for the gift. Poor guy...

All she cared about was confirming that Taek is HER secret santa, and she is so over the moon with that. When she got the gloves in the morning, she was soooo excited, and all she did was ask No eul if Taek brought it over, and IF HE WAS STILL THERE. She couldn't wait to see him again, despite only just seeing him a few hours ago last night when he promised to get her gloves... 

That's my take on that scene... Sorry if I upset anyone with this... but try watching it again and take note of how she seemed to look puzzled at her reflection later when she posed with the gloves - while it could mean that she wondered why JH gave it to her ( she was not that shy to not ask him directly though ) it could also be her wondering why she didn't feel that thrill when its not gloves from Taek? Just wondering here... 

I am on the good ship Taekie

Why?

Because I want to be.

I can offer evidence from the show why Taek is the husband, but I know I am watching with a great deal of BIAS CONFIRMATION, and so anything I see that doesn't support what I want makes less of an impact.

By focusing on the good ship Taekie I might well be losing out of the deep sociological statement the drama is making about Korea in 1988 and how it is reflected in 2015. But it my time I can use it as trivally as I want.

So here is my faux bias confirmtion evidence to keep the good ship Taekie afloat today.

[Someone might have made this point previously, but] whenever the playing field is level and DS has a choice between JH and Taek, she chooses Taek. I noticed when she went back to school after Christmas she chose Taek's mitten over JH's gloves. 

UPDATE: I thought I shipped Taek+DS, but I went to the shipper's page and Wooooo . . . . . 

I moved on from the husband hunt...at this rate, we will know who the husband is by closing credits:P

It doesn't matter anyway what I say, feel, analyze, or think I see on who the husband is or should be. That is for the writer and producer to decide. 

For a drama that airs 1.5-1.75 hour an episode, episode 16 would have been ep 24-28 already with no clear cut answers to major questions. Like if DS will get to college and what does she want to take? Will the Sung family move? What will happen to the neighborhood if one family moves away? What path does each kid want to take? They can't stay in the same bubble forever. 

I will enjoy whatever outcome happens since we were all hooked on how the story is being told and appreciate how good the production staff is for keeping ALL of us in a frenzy like always. 

This is off topic but I feel like it applies well to all the shippers in Reply 1988

It's all about perspective :) And the fact that everyone is so hype up about all the tiny scenes and clues just show how successfully the writer manage to make the love story line as vague as possible. There are times I agree with DsxTaek shippers analysing posts, but I also understand perfectly how JH will be the husband too. Although, admitedly, there are also times the shipping analyzing post are a bit stretching from what can be the original intention (I'm saying this apply to both DSxTK and DSxJH shippers). I'm a neutral shipper and I enjoy Reply 1988 as it is now. 

Really if you put yourself in DS's position.. how can you even choose just one? I think if it were me, I would prefer to stay friends with everyone and move on with my crush (whether it's JH or TK), eventually I may fall in love with someone else and still keep the friendship with these amazing guys :))))) 

10 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

Really if you put yourself in DS's position.. how can you even choose just one? I think if it were me, I would prefer to stay friends with everyone and move on with my crush (whether it's JH or TK), eventually I may fall in love with someone else and still keep the friendship with these amazing guys :))))) 

@kaqueski Real life is much much better story wise,because stories/movies are interpretation/representation of our life in a way.If this was deok sun in real life,then we would get a much much unconventional ending I think...Dramas end...the characters have already lived their part.If this was real life,cinderella would get bored already after having her hour of bliss...and it would be left to viewer's imagination.And if this was indeed someone's story,we never know when love could fizzle out too right? However,it's to the writer's credit that we can interpret the clues to these extents.=]].But like this fact that we're discussing something else other than shipping lol.

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.hu/2016/01/hyeri-receives-numerous-acting-offers.html

Looks like Hyeri's gonna act more this year. I was also one of those people who skeptical at Hyeri at first when she took on this main role for Reply 1988. Nevertheless she did a very good job here :) It;s gonna be difficult for her to break out of DS image i think.. and she'd need a good script and good PD/director to guide her. 

Well in the next episode I am really looking forward to some hopeful sisterly bonding. Appa's remark as Bora left that Deok Sun would miss her when she's gone and Deok Sun's refusal that, that would be true has me thinking that we shall see her miss Bora and hopefully we get a nice scene of them just being there for one another. Maybe Bora can for once have some nice words for Deok Sun and hopefully give her encouraging words about the college entrance exams. I really want to see Bora help Deok Sun find a direction of what she wants to do with her life. I don't think that Deok Sun is so much an idiot (even though she really is bad at studying) but that she simply doesn't know what she wants to become so has no real drive or passion motivating her (other than pleasing her parents) to do better. It would be great if Bora could say something like "my younger sister, you would make a great____ someday" and that triggers something in Deok Sun to achieve something. 

I am really really really looking forward to my Kim brothers bonding. I enjoy their relationship so much and would love to see my cold pit bull marshmallow open up to his hyung who could hopefully give him some good advice on how to just go after what you want and what will make him happy. Friendship and all that stuff will take care of its self (just as he wants his friend happy wouldn't a true friend want the same for him for all of them also?). My Bong is really actually very wise and good with the ladies "you are the Vienna of my heart :wub:" and I feel like he just needs some good advice on it being okay to maybe hurt someone's feelings all in the process of a greater happiness for himself and others. I don't know. It feels like he keeps putting others and their feelings before his own. I think it would really touch him and wake him up to hear from his hyung that it's okay for him to put himself first for once and just think about himself. I really hope his wish on the star is about and for himself (be it school, the future, or his love life).

I am so ready to see Junghwan and Taek just talk about the elephant that has been in the room. The preview makes me hopeful that truths will come from both sides (as has been pointed out Taek saying he didn't see the picture is admitting he saw the picture. He should have said "what picture?" LOL). I am so tired of the squad keeping these unnecessary secret not so secrets from one another. I need them to talk like I need someone to say out loud that Sunwoo is dating Bora (the only people who don't know are Deok Sun and Dong Ryeong right?). 

I hope Sunwoo's mom rejects Taek's dad. I like their friendship and want to see them keep it that way. I hope Jinjoo gets to become a princess. Please let my Bong hyung finally pass the college entrance exam or get a job (watch the irony of life turn out that he becomes the pilot or something, nah I suspect his soon to be father in law is going to have him marry into a large successful business of some sort that will leave him set for life). I want the Sung's to move out the basement but not off the block. What will Taek do when the others roam off to college? Will I ever get to meet Dong Reyeong's older brothers? And last but never least, will I finally get to see or hear from the Kim's dog again???? (people from the shipper thread know how much I love that non-existing doggie)

ETA: In the real world if I were Deok Sun and I liked one of the two. I would tell the one I like that I liked them and if ever the other confessed let them down gently. If they never do confess well I never know. If I were her I would have confronted Junghwan about his mixed signals looong ago and just decided if I like him and he's worth waiting on or just been like f him and move on. If I were Jungpal I would have been confessed (after telling my boy how I feel and hope he's happy for me. If not well some friend they are and my hopeful new girlfriend will dry my tears LOL). If I were Taek I would have confessed too. What's to say she likes him (again after telling the friend, not asking for permission here). Tell her what's the what of my feels. If she feels the same and wants to be with me, yay. If not "time heals all wounds" LOL. I'll just think they weren't the one for me and keep waiting for my one to come along. 

I know some think "real friends don't go after someone you like" but real friends also don't keep you from potential love and happiness. It's life, it's not our faults our feelings for one another are mutual. Accept what is or I guess if we can't find a way to move on, our friendship just wasn't meant to last past that. 

Archived