[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

15 hours ago, callmegiggles said:

...then this week's episodes comes and goes and we get a kiss from...

SW omma and Papa Bear.

Badum-ching.

*goat sound*

#TeamNoExpectation

bwahahahaa....

if this kiss scenes come true... OH MY GOD.. i will became crazy! :crazy::crazy:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this news, http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/04/jung-woo-to-make-a-cameo-appearance-on-reply-1988/ we can expect time jump in episode 18. So episode 17 should be a wrap up of the 1988 era... Although I don't expect any major changes...uhm maybe the neighbourhood will be separated? I can imagine DS's family moving away to a new place.

BTS episode was such a gem. I really love how they show the first meeting of each family in the neighborhood of how awkward/nervous everyone was and then as the filming progress, they all become so close to each other... love all the casts and their chemistry so much seeing how GKP hugging his co-actress mom before she's going in the mood for a crying scene, or RJY calling his mom Miran nuna and gives her a bear hug after filming the scene where she has to hit his head several times. Hyeri, as an rookie idol-turn-actress, she's very lucky to be able to work with such talented crew. I bet she learns a lot, and she's such a bright and natural ageyo person just like the character DS that make her adapt so well and so likeable.

The most amazing thing of all, is how they can just pull out the character on the spot by reading off the script (with no props or set or costumes ready). I'm amazed, the tones, the facial muscles... are just exactly same as the characters we see on the screen. 

Being actor/actress is such a tough job :( I can never imagine myself to be one.. since I'm so bad at facial expression and awkward to act in front of so many people :))) but wow, I admire their perseverance looking at how cold it is during filming and they wore such thin clothes for certain scenes sometimes. Such awesome works, thankful to all the crews and casts, I'm enjoying Reply 1988 a lot :) stirs all kind of positive and negative emotions in me.. 

I'm kinda envious of korean people because I can see how personal Reply 1988 is to them. Even myself and other foreign fans although enjoy watching this drama so much, we still cannot fully apprehend those references that unique to Korean population back in the day. And seeing how all the products related to Reply 1988 sells so well: supermarket has this special packages on drinks, snacks and candies in old 1988 style and it's sold out everywhere. I'm constantly seeing people taking picture of them enjoying those 'vintage packing' snacks while watching Reply 1988 lol. Nostalgia is a feeling that hard to ignore. Way to go Reply 1988 :) 

Bonus a pic of the reply 1988 package box of snacks and food, lol

43 minutes ago, citra sari said:

I've been watching all BTS.. But why bogeum cry :( ! Can't somobedy tell me why bogeum cry? 

Bogum is a sensitive guy. He'd tear up while script reading with the cast when the scene is sad/emotional. That's why RJY was worried while filming a relative sad scene with Bogum because the scene doesn't involve crying but he's worried Bogum may cry. They both already kinda teary eyes before filming.

22 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

Bogum is a sensitive guy. He'd tear up while script reading with the cast when the scene is sad/emotional. That's why RJY was worried while filming a relative sad scene with Bogum because the scene doesn't involve crying but he's worried Bogum may cry. They both already kinda teary eyes before filming.

omo!... thanks for the explanation :) 

Crybaby Taek

Tissue box is only in front of Taek. He even cries at Taek's birthday party scene. There was no Taek's line, and the party was very noisy. Taek must be touched by friends.

tumblr_o0fr2ahNcP1uavo0oo3_1280.jpg

And look at Sunwoo, he was moving his backpack, but Taek started reading emotional scene, he stopped moving not to disturb Taek's concentration.

It's the same scene, ep2 "I mis mom everyday". It seems he cries every time at this scene.
tumblr_o0fr2ahNcP1uavo0oo2_1280.jpg

Interview of Ryu Jae Myung (Dong Ryong's dad)
tumblr_o0fr2ahNcP1uavo0oo4_500.jpg
His love toward young actors is special too.
"Whenever Hyeri greets me, she is like a real Deoksun. Park Bogum is a crybaby at the scene. He cries even when it's not his scene. At the scene Dong Ryong was in the police station, he cried a lot. Ryu Junyeol never forgets to send texts 'Thank you', so heartwarming 'I thank you more' replies are followed. I feel like this drama became a family already. Where can I meet this kind of work again? to trust and take care of each other."

Taek is crying standing behind
tumblr_o0fr2ahNcP1uavo0oo1_1280.jpg

Wondering if you guys, only write things on this forum, without shipper paradise, our viewers would be close 1 millions right now. I've been spying arround shipper paradise, the news comes fast there, the pages move quickly. Ppl indeed talking their shipping, but sometimes they talking about other family too. 

33 minutes ago, sartikam said:

Wondering if you guys, only write things on this forum, without shipper paradise, our viewers would be close 1 millions right now. I've been spying arround shipper paradise, the news comes fast there, the pages move quickly. Ppl indeed talking their shipping, but sometimes they talking about other family too. 

I agree :( People neglect the main thread too much lol. 

But I'm sure by the time the next episode air, the pages will be increase exponentially :P  

I've thought about what if Deok Sun was sad because she raised her hopes up, but ended up having to study. 
I'm pretty sure I saw a post like that, but it just doesn't make sense to me that the only reasons she could be sad are that Junghwan doesn't seem to like her and her grades aren't very good. 
Has anyone noticed that Taek never told her about a movie? He just told her to keep her Saturday free and he'll call her the night before. Never once did he mention a movie. So it's logically not possible for Deok Sun to be anticipating a movie, she was anticipating Taek. Now, why did she say, " Nothing's working out for me lately."? So why is nothing going right for her? If you think about it, she was all happy knowing that if Taek won, she would spend her Saturday with him, she wasn't even a bit sad that she might not get to study that day. She only became sad or even realized her sadness after Taek said he couldn't make it. Deok Sun was sad because of Taek. She wasn't sad about anything before Taek cancelled. In other words, she wasn't as bummed out as afterwards. She could have been sad about not having a dream job, not having a college to go to and Junghwan not liking her, but she's never shown a level of sadness where she was completely down for the entire day until that SATURDAY.  
If we do find out that Taek is not the husband, I will be okay with Junghwan being the husband, but I will not be okay with the poor script writing that led up to it.

Why Friday not coming yet !! 

I used to love those dramas airing at end of year specially like Reply 1988 where still airing till new year.. but unfortunately this year I was not interested in any drama except R88 and unfortunately there was not any ep at the new year !! 

Sad !

On 1/4/2016 at 3:59 AM, Wendy Wang said:

I've thought about what if Deok Sun was sad because she raised her hopes up, but ended up having to study. 
I'm pretty sure I saw a post like that, but it just doesn't make sense to me that the only reasons she could be sad are that Junghwan doesn't seem to like her and her grades aren't very good. 
Has anyone noticed that Taek never told her about a movie? He just told her to keep her Saturday free and he'll call her the night before. Never once did he mention a movie. So it's logically not possible for Deok Sun to be anticipating a movie, she was anticipating Taek. Now, why did she say, " Nothing's working out for me lately."? So why is nothing going right for her? If you think about it, she was all happy knowing that if Taek won, she would spend her Saturday with him, she wasn't even a bit sad that she might not get to study that day. She only became sad or even realized her sadness after Taek said he couldn't make it. Deok Sun was sad because of Taek. She wasn't sad about anything before Taek cancelled. In other words, she wasn't as bummed out as afterwards. She could have been sad about not having a dream job, not having a college to go to and Junghwan not liking her, but she's never shown a level of sadness where she was completely down for the entire day until that SATURDAY.  
If we do find out that Taek is not the husband, I will be okay with Junghwan being the husband, but I will not be okay with the poor script writing that led up to it.

I don't get it with your double standard. If Taek doesn't ended up with Deoksun, then it will mean as a poor script writing? You stated that as if you put all the good episodes what have been broadcasted into nothing. Please give some respects to the show.

2 hours ago, Wendy Wang said:

From my understanding, people don't say "nothing's working out" when they're upset by a single thing. That phrase itself means that it's a culmination of multiple things going wrong in DS's life. 

I don't doubt that DS was upset/disappointed that Taek cancelled out on their Saturday meetup. (I'm reluctant to call it a "date" because it's not clear what DS was expecting... just a normal friend hangout on a Saturday to take a break from her studies/stress, or a date with a love interest. That is up to your interpretation.) 

However, by DS saying nothing's going right, it means that she was upset by the culmination of all the things going wrong in her life... her college future, JH's shirt incident + cold shoulder (whether you want to interpret it as love or puppy love interest), and Taek's cancellation (whether you want to interpret it as friendly hangout or a date, regardless of whether she knew it was intended to be a movie night followed by confession).

Because the writer gave room for interpretation and it turns out to be one way and different from your own, it would be a far unfair stretch to call it poor scriptwriting, don't you think?

@blue_angel_1004 :

Blue, I'm really curious on your take about all these shipping things. In your opinion, is it junghwan or taek that will end up with deoksun ? 

I vividly remember you and your comments on the old reply 1994 main thread. Reading your long and very articulate post back then backed up with evidents and korean insight into the drama I can't deny that trash is the husband but i was ignoring it because truth hurt (so much) hahaha.

And since so much of us 'international fans' was feeling that chilbong would be the husband, I gain such confidence that chilbong being the husband is a sure thing. So my heart was really broken knowing trash was the choosen one. Until now, I'm still not ready to rewatch the 1994 one again because it remind me of my heartache.

Now, seeing fanvid of all the kissing scene, I can't stop wonder how can I be so blind that najung only have eyes for oppa. 

So this time I need to be ready, if it is not the one that I want to be the husband. 

응답하라 1988 has just released the preview of e17.

17화. 인생이란 아이러니 - Ⅱ

별똥별 떨어지는 어느 날. 소중한 사람과 함께 소원을 비는 골목길 사람들. 
그들이 이루고 싶은 소원은?

택의 고백 불발 이후 처음으로 마주하게 된 정환과 택. 
둘 사이엔 어색한 기운이 감도는데...

<응답하라 1988>
매주 금·토 저녁 7:50 방송

17 minutes ago, valNK said:
FB fanpage 응답하라 1988 has just released the preview of e17.

17화. 인생이란 아이러니 - Ⅱ

별똥별 떨어지는 어느 날. 소중한 사람과 함께 소원을 비는 골목길 사람들. 
그들이 이루고 싶은 소원은?

택의 고백 불발 이후 처음으로 마주하게 된 정환과 택. 
둘 사이엔 어색한 기운이 감도는데...

<응답하라 1988>
매주 금·토 저녁 7:50 방송

Text Preview for Episode 17: Irony of Life - Part II

On a day when there is a meteor shower, the neighborhood people make a wish together upon the shooting star. 

What are their wishes?

For the first time since Taek's confession plan fell through, Junghwan and Taek meet face to face. 

Awkwardness looms in the air between them... 

@blue_angel_1004~thanks for the text translation!!!! can't wait for friday now!!!!

To reply to the post about ppl staying in the shipper threads.....I think its because most of us feel more comfy in our own threads....we can say/voice what we want w/o drama/major disagreement call it safe zone. I think everyone is just trying to avoid a shipping war here which is GOOD.

We still come here for "mutual" things but the shipping threads are moving faster because ppl are MOSTLY talking more about "their ships" so makes sense to stay within the threads... but ofc in general everyone LOVES reply 1988....so WHOOT to that and FRIDAY hurry up!

Video preview is now up too!

Background music: Choi Sung Won's "이별이란 없는거야" ("There is no farewell")

JH: Did you open my wallet by any chance?

TK: No. I didn't see. 

Joey Wong: Choi Taek, that Baduki, sees… you as as a total pushover. [Note: "Baduki" is the nickname that Joey Wong and Maggie Cheung call Taek. It's a play on the game "baduk", but Baduki is also a common name for dogs with spots, similar to "Spotty"] 

DS: What?

JB: Lil' bro, if you make a wish upon a falling star, it'll all come true!

SW: Noona, did you make a wish?

JH: My wish is...

By the way, I looked up the song that was playing in the background for the Episode 17 video preview.

The song is called "이별이란 없는거야" ("There is no farewell").  It is a 1988 song by Choi Sung Won. (Though he has the same name as the actor playing No Eul, it's not the same guy!) 

The part of the lyrics that was used in the background goes like this: 

언젠가 만나겠지 새로운 모습으로
안녕이란 말은 없는거야 이 세상 떠나기 전에

Someday we'll meet, looking anew

There is no goodbye until [we] depart this world

Archived