[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sheza said:

in @packmule3's defence, I do not find her condescending at all.  I totally get what she wrote about how a shipper's heart often sway a person's viewpoint and at times it does make reading some post unbearable.  

I am a NON-SHIPPER although I write about JH.  This is only because of the way I see the storyline and character flows.  But at times I have appreciated so much how some people wrote about Taek in a most convincing way that I see their point and am open for an alternative ending.  It only serves to show me how cleverly the PD and writer has set up the story.  I don't know, sometimes I am under the impression that shippers think that their writing will influence the PD or writer's decision of the end game since everything is relatively in live shoot and thus, gets all aggressive over it.    Chill guys and girls.  Seriously, just be objective.  Be open.  Respect goes both ways.  

@packmule3 the line "he will be fine on his own..." ahhh, is he going to be on his own as in single?  Another good one from the PD to make JH fans anxious!  

Packmule and any fan or nonfan can say whatever they want or don't want about the drama, it's characters, ships, PD, writing, etc and it won't take from how I enjoy the drama (though it may give me new perspective to ponder over and new ways of looking at a character or scene). I also do not think viewers views or opinions will sway the writers or PD in any way shape or form from sticking to the story they have, and have had planned out. Anyone who has seen this team's  previous works knows they are not influenced by the audience and stick to their writing/story. No one is talking about or arguing this known and mostly accepted fact.

I have no problem with what that poster said (even if I may not ship it, have the same kind of admiration for the character, or agree with points made and or respond; I do enjoy reading views that differ from my own) I only take qualms with how they said what they had to say (hell it's not what they originally said, but the follow up to someone's inquiry of what they said). To imply that someone is not understanding a point you are trying to make or agreeing with you because your English is so superior and theirs is subpar is belittling of ones intelligence (and I believe uncalled for). Especially considering that may posters here native language is not English and they are forever needlessly apologizing for it. After reading something like that, it puts one off from wanting to share their views here if they don't have good English. These posters may feel judged for it or feel no one will care for what they have to say because their English is not good enough to even bother reading. 

So it's not a shipper heart or Junghwan fan (Jungbong is my bae and I enjoy the script and technical mood and aspects of a scene more) being wonded because someone may not ship or like the character/s I do (after 2 Reply series, 16 episodes into this one, and especially being a Jeong/Oppa shipper and Trash lover the last time around, I've learned and it's not that deep with me). The tone going around isn't as friendly and welcoming to all, like we like to act like it is, is all I'm saying. 

However if I'm the only one that got a problem here, 'pologize for distribute y'all's peace. Next time I'll read or skip a post more freely :) 

55 minutes ago, monsterlife said:

I agree especially with the unbearable part. And this is the main thread and not the shippers thread so everyone's opinion is different. 

@packmule3 thank you for sharing a well done analysis ... @packmule3 analysis is not just his random thoughts but an analysis supported of strong facts or arguments... For me there's no condescending tone in her/his analysis but just a very strong argument that other ship might find not favorable to their ships..the way he/she analyze it is really amazing ^^

1 hour ago, sheza said:

@packmule3 the line "he will be fine on his own..." ahhh, is he going to be on his own as in single?  Another good one from the PD to make JH fans anxious!  

I've worked on re-editing the subs for Episode 11 and so I felt some responsibility to correct any misunderstanding.

The exact words that the fortune teller used in Korean were "작은놈은 냅둬도 잘 살 놈이고..."

It seems like it's the translation of 냅둬 that caused the confusion. 냅둬 means to "leave to be" or "not meddle in one's affairs."  In colloquial English, people often say "leave him/her alone," and so I didn't think to fix the subs as done by DF that said "the younger one will do fine on his own." But the original Korean has no implication of a person actually being left alone literally. In the scene, the fortune teller is telling Ra Miran that even if you let JH be (and not meddle with him like mothers may do to her child), he is someone who will live/do well.

I know that international fans rely on subtitles, and so it's honestly humbling to know that people are relying on/dissecting every single word as we translate them. But it also reminded me how important (and difficult) it is for the subber to convey the original meaning across different languages and cultures without causing misunderstanding.

Ok, that's all from me. Please continue your discussion!

I think 'the irony of life part 2' maybe referring to Dongryong being the 1 that becomes a celebrity instead of Noeul. Since 'the irony of life part 1' is about how Noeul is the 1 who passed the audition instead of Dongryong. Maybe in 'the irony of life part 2', Noeul failed his audition and Dongryong is the 1 who got street casted or something. 

Missed a lot I see while I slept. Hmm...I always thought it was fun to read the speculation and assumptions about the scenes and about the characters.  The loveline is part of the plot and whether it's DS with SW, JH, Taek or DR, the only people who know for sure is the writer and PD. 

I love both JH and Taek and one of them will get hurt unless the writer pulls a doozy and it's DR! (Which means both will be hurt - come to noona!)

Sometimes I wonder if we do overanalyse what is happening but that's the fun of the discussion. Whether or not one agrees with someone's perspective I hope we are able to acknowledge the observation, discuss and move on. 

From the photos it looks like we will see more of BR and DS. Maybe Bora will give some sisterly advice to DS and catch SW visiting Bora! 

On 12/26/2015 at 6:23 PM, uglypearl said:

Ep16 Songs

Love Is Like Glass -- Won JoonHee/(JunHui)  >> Song On TV When DS,JH,TK,SW & DR Watched

->Live Performance What They Watched On TV

Butterfly Girl -- Kim SaeHwa(SeHwa)  >> Song While Trio Moms Waiting At Audition

Smiling Girls Are All Pretty -- Kim SeongHo  >> Song While JB&MO Having A Conversation

Ecstatic Proposal -- Yoon SoIl  >> Song That JH's Mom Danced

Always You're By My Side -- Kim HyeonShik (RIP) >> Song When Sad TK Calling DS On Phone

Ship's Siren -- Seoul Sisters >> Song That Ahjumma Sang In Audition

To DJ -- Yoon ShiNae(SiNae)  >> Song On TV That JH Dad Watched

Sad Fate -- NaMi >> Song That NE Sang In Audition / TK Crying

@uglypearl hiii there! thank you soo sooo much for the songs link!!! im so happy >< ive been looking for the Sad Fate- Nami song like forever! <3 <3 thankyou!!! ^^ 

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

@NRGchick pls not that, pls not let BRxSW get caught. I dont want that happen, writer-nim, pls let SW come to Sung house and ask permission from BR parents about courting BR, like how Trash do, ask permission from Najeong parents properly. I dont want SWxBR get caught. TT.TT. OR if get caught, DS or who ever it is, pls dont tell the parents 1st. 

Hi all,

Reply 1988 OST Part 9 will be released on the New Year!!

vP4Ee9C.jpg

Remake version will be based on the song as shown below:

Remake version will be sing by Monster X -Kihyun , he has a nice vocal!

The lyrics was indeed beautiful yet covered with sadness..

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

If you carefully re-read my post, I had written that people root for JH-DS as the OTP because they believe that the male character who loved the girl first or longest should get the girl in the end. I said that’s the WRONG argument to make – especially, if you’re a die-hard JH-DS shipper -- because it’s, in fact, TK who loved DS long before JH fell for her. 

Well.. i'm not one of "that people", and I guess people have their own reason for rooting their shipper, including JH-DS shipper. For me, as JH-DS shipper , the reason is because junghwan make me falling in love first, he took the action first, showing his affection first. How could i'm not fall in love with him, and i think, if i am dukseon *i know i'm not, this is just my opinion* , i would definitely love him as i never  see or feel affection from taek before junghwan does. And even if taek does it after, i'm already fall for junghwan and trap in it, couldn't get out anymore, so the affection that taek did couldn't touch my heart. That, if i am dukseon.

Sure we got some hint that taek like dukseon before junghwan, maybe way before but he never make dukseon aware of it first, unlike junghwan with all of his action. So for me is what dukseon feel first, that's the point.

1 hour ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

I've worked on re-editing the subs for Episode 11 and so I felt some responsibility to correct any misunderstanding.

The exact words that the fortune teller used in Korean were "작은놈은 냅둬도 잘 살 놈이고..."

It seems like it's the translation of 냅둬 that caused the confusion. 냅둬 means to "leave to be" or "not meddle in one's affairs."  In colloquial English, people often say "leave him/her alone," and so I didn't think to fix the subs as done by DF that said "the younger one will do fine on his own." But the original Korean has no implication of a person actually being left alone literally. In the scene, the fortune teller is telling Ra Miran that even if you let JH be (and not meddle with him like mothers may do to her child), he is someone who will live/do well.

I know that international fans rely on subtitles, and so it's honestly humbling to know that people are relying on/dissecting every single word as we translate them. But it also reminded me how important (and difficult) it is for the subber to convey the original meaning across different languages and cultures without causing misunderstanding.

Ok, that's all from me. Please continue your discussion!

Thank you for your explanation.   I interpreted it as "leave him be" and not single.  Just saying' that that's how the writer likes to use words to mislead us.  We would interpret it according to our desire or our fears.  That's how our minds play tricks on us.  

I am pulling for Taek for absolutely no logical reason.

I like odd balls

I like folk who hear a different drummer and go ahead and dance to the beat they hear.

I find kindness sexy. I think Taek is kind.

Introverts are of my tribe. I cheer on members of my tribe of oddball introverts.

I love reading the analysis that supports my heart, but even without them, and even without the writer's intention or permission, I will love whom I want to love.

This heart love Teakie.

1 hour ago, kentangbakar said:

@NRGchick pls not that, pls not let BRxSW get caught. I dont want that happen, writer-nim, pls let SW come to Sung house and ask permission from BR parents about courting BR, like how Trash do, ask permission from Najeong parents properly. I dont want SWxBR get caught. TT.TT. OR if get caught, DS or who ever it is, pls dont tell the parents 1st. 

i actually do want SunBora to get caught by DS hehehheh i think it will be funny and it'll be really interesting to see how DS has gotten over SW and how DS will playfully tease BR, showing BR's vulnerable side to DS for once. I think it'll be cute! :D it's about time they go public with their relationship! 

New OST 세월이 가면 (When time passes)

Original version by Choi Ho Seob.

My favorite version is by Kim Joohyuk in the movie 'Gwangshik and his brother Gwangtae' (aka When Romance Meets Destiny, I love this movie so much!! This song always reminds me of this movie.)

The lyric is very sad...

WHEN TIME PASSES 

Even if you show me a smile
You can’t hide that expression of emptiness
You turn away strenghlessly
And I just watch you with blurry eyes

I know our love
I know that it’s the end
Even if we want each other, it can’t be forever-
in front of the passing time

When time passes, even if you forget
that heart-bursting yearnfulness
We had a love that was so precious
Please don’t forget and always remember

BTS of Everland CF
http://m.tvcast.naver.com/v/675123

Junghwan is watching R1988 'Don't go to the blind date' scene at the break time during CF filming. He is embarrassed. His ears turned to red. :)

tumblr_o07ii9HAEB1uavo0oo1_1280.png
tumblr_o07ii9HAEB1uavo0oo2_1280.png
tumblr_o07ii9HAEB1uavo0oo3_1280.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filming info
Dec.30 Sunwoo & Junghwan filmed at the 'Don't sleep' study room. They're still 3rd year of high school. Some people got Ryu Junyeol's autograph.

cr: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=429746&page=2&exception_mode=recommend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News articles

Seo In Kuk vs Jung Woo vs Ryu Jun Yeol, Scenes that made you fall in love [Answer me, my heart ①]

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003231982

About common things in male leads in 'Answer me' series.

Spoiler

201512270716777202_567f12206ddfd_99_2015

Spoiler

201512270716777202_567f1221d5299_99_2015

Sung Dong Il's tough daughters, Here is your ideal girl [Answer me, my heart ②]

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0003231983

Spoiler

201512301658773217_56838ed20bbe6_99_2015

14 minutes ago, GreenTeandSASHIMI said:

i actually do want SunBora to get caught by DS hehehheh i think it will be funny and it'll be really interesting to see how DS has gotten over SW and how DS will playfully tease BR, showing BR's vulnerable side to DS for once. I think it'll be cute! :D it's about time they go public with their relationship! 

Getting caught by DS or anyone doesnt mind as long as they keep it from their parents. It just I want the parents know their relationship from SWxBR own mouth, not from others. It would be much better if SW that suggest to BR to tell their family instead of BR. We and BR need to see SW as man, not boy ( minus their kiss scene pls, Lol). For now only TK know their real status right?, JH only know SW love BR, but do he know the two of them already official?. 

14 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

Getting caught by DS or anyone doesnt mind as long as they keep it from their parents. It just I want the parents know their relationship from SWxBR own mouth, not from others. It would be much better if SW that suggest to BR to tell their family instead of BR. We and BR need to see SW as man, not boy ( minus their kiss scene pls, Lol). For now only TK know their real status right?, JH only know SW love BR, but do he know the two of them already official?. 

I think they kinda know ... everybody (as in the friends) kinda knows but nobody knows each other knows?   That's the impression I get.   I think JH and NoEul knows.

I am just waiting for SW's mother's reaction.  Who was it that said, who'd want to have a daughter in law like Bora?  Ai goo, someone will have to swallow her words.  I think BR's mother and father will be pretty chill at it.  They'd probably have to do that traditional bow thing and ask for permission to date?  I don't know much about Korea culture but I see some drama doing it.  Hahah :)  

13 minutes ago, sheza said:

I think they kinda know ... everybody (as in the friends) kinda knows but nobody knows each other knows?   That's the impression I get.   I think JH and NoEul knows.

I am just waiting for SW's mother's reaction.  Who was it that said, who'd want to have a daughter in law like Bora?  Ai goo, someone will have to swallow her words.  I think BR's mother and father will be pretty chill at it.  They'd probably have to do that traditional bow thing and ask for permission to date?  I don't know much about Korea culture but I see some drama doing it.  Hahah :)  

My imagination be like how Trash ask permission from Najeong parents. The parents know the news from Trash, not from anybody else. BR parents, they will be ok, no problem. SW mom, I think will be faints, Lol, she basically eat her own word when she said who will married that girl before. Hahahahahahaha. SW mom also one of the reasons I dont want the kids tell their parents about SWxBR. I dont know what will happen when SW mom know the news not from her own son. That will be more disaster then SW told by himself (with BR present of course). 

I think JH and NE have their own speculation unlike TK. He know the truth. Huuhuhuhuhu. Only DS and DR (not realy sure about him) dont have any clues, I think.

Archived