[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

I am just gonna leave it here after reading what happened in ep 19. Jungpal you're the real mvp, you may not be the husband but everyone loves you! I am honestly disappointed reading comments like 'oh they changed the script halfway bc of park bogum' and 'this drama have the worst ending'. I feel like we are all discrediting the author, is not easy to write a script and put out story that is not cliche. It's not easy. Do you think she's gonna throw away her two years of hardwork just because of public opinion. Writing is not an easy job. Something as detailed and meticulous as reply series, it doesnt make sense if they changed the script halfway. There is no way, writing a story is really difficult. I am not a writer but I do write and I am telling you to put something that is fresh and different out there is so difficult. It honestly upset me to see how much hate this writer get just bc Jungpal isn't the end game. I believe the husband have been decided since ep 1, I am sure they have all the reasons to put out there why Taek is the husband. But guys is not the end yet, there still one more eps.  Ps : in the beginning we didn't get to see lots of taek or taek's pov right. But we always see Taek mostly through DS's eyes and thoughts.

Btw, as ugly as this sounds. I am sorry if I am gonna offend shipper out there, I don't want Jungpal to go to DS and I dont want DS to find jungpal either. I would love him to meet someone new, someone who actually can take the first step and give Jungpal all the love he deserve. I want him to be at the receiving end now and DS, I don't think she deserve Jungpal. I would rather her be happy with Taek, I hope the team will give Jungpal a girl who is not a carbon copy of DS. After being team chilbong previously, I was so traumatized seeing Chilbong getting married to a carbon copy of Najung, I was so pissed. So I am hoping they can fix something for Jungpal because he deserve the world. Jungpal is us, he is like us, he is actually the most human and most relatable. There is a reason why everything turns out this way alright guys. If you try to be neutral you will be able to see the intentions of the writer. Jungpal character is made to be like this, he is not pathetic okay. He is not the most pathetic second lead,  he is actually a very developed second lead.  Remember how DS said Jungpal is not yet human, he is now. The sweetest and possibly hottest human being right now. ( CHOI YOUNG DO is the most pathetic main lead hehe i couldn't get over the heirs).

Ps : You know this drama is good that we get so emotionally invested.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i watched the live stream ... i don't know as if something is missing ... im not even shipping ... i watched several times the confession JH to DS and i remember someone wrote that maybe DS is looking at the door waiting for TK cause maybe ... maybe they will tell to the guys that they are going out .. so im thinking maybe DS and TK become an item before the confession. ... what happened after the confession ...

i want closure from that confession .. and even the kiss ... i was like is that it ... i feel like wrong edit they cut when TK stand up, show the hands of TK on the chair before showing the kiss and i was like it should be spontaneous, there's more impact of BRxSW kiss OMG .. that kiss hmmmm get them a room. maybe it's my preference on that clip well ... oh well i watch the clip of the kiss TKxDS again maybe watching it live it didn't get to me but maybe i have to watch several times ha ha ha ...

the b-day gift of JH to his mother OMG the best for me .. from the time he come inside the house and saw the picture frame to the B-day itself i was crying ... :bawling:

I only started watching the drama this week when all the heated husband arguments were already on. 

I liked Park Bo Gum and happy watching because since the beginning I already felt he is special to DS even though she's close to all the guy friends in the gang. 

She took care of him, she teased him, she even asked him to drink more milk and grow up to get married with her. she always showed concerns for Taek. it was not love at that time because I guess they didn't know about love then. She had a crush on SW after her friends said SW liked her, though we all know its not true. She then moved to JH because JH cared for her specially and sweetly, making viewers all swooned. 

But she cared for Taek even when he didn't show anything, didn't appear much, and nobody pushed him to her.

Also from the beginning I already feel his affection for DS. I just knew it. 

I started watching with JH being the male lead, first guy in mind but I just don't really "feel" it. always thought Taek is the one for DS. And I like JH as a character. 

As I said before, please do not force JH to be the husband because you think he's better. Nobody can decide who's better except for DS and she had had her decision :) 

Today episode is so awesome for all families and my Sunbora. The Kim as always steal the show. Mama Chetah~~~~ I love her.

I love when papa Kim waked up at night and hold mama Kim in his arm. Both sat silent in the dark room.

I love when mama Sung held papa Sung's hands and cried for his words.

I love to see DR's dad held DR's mom to the restaurant.

I love to see SW held little Jin Joon in the restaurant while others were listening to DS reading the thank-you-letter(?) to papa Sung.

I love my SW-BR were back together so passionate and straight forward, they're adults now, their love's changed too. BR finally can lean on SW.

I love that my JH finally he can smile by teasing his friend and he smiled because he himself brought happiness to his family again.

So much love in this episode <3

But sorry I have to say that DS is my most disappointed female character ever.

After one kiss and DS fell for Teak.. for 5 years? How can? Unbelievable~~~ 

After SW touched her shoulder and by a few words of her friends, she crushed on SW. Then quickly forgot it, because after JH said "Dont go to the blind date", she crusded on JH. And after the not-yet-explained pink shirt, she forgot JH. And by a kiss, she fell for Taek who she kept remind herself "just-a-friend" 

If she likes Taek before the kiss happened... so DS has crushed on 3 over 4 friends?

What is that?

21 minutes ago, lelee said:

But how they chose to narrate this was kinda weird. It seemed like they just threw DS liking TK in there. I mean, even if she was disappointed of their canceled movie night and stuff before, it's just so...sudden. Did she even like JH back then? If she liked the dream kiss? Huh? And why show DS liking the kiss only 6 years afterwards? If she didn't slip and told him the kiss was real, would she have taken the same road as JH? Trying to get over it because they're friends? Or if TK didn't confess? Would they all just be single for the rest of their lives? What the heck... 

Hi Lelee ^^ thank you for your livecaps, summaries and translations all throughout the series, everyone appreciates you very much! *hearteu*

But i have to disagree with how sudden of her liking taek, i understand why though, but think about it, she also suddenly liked sunwoo, she also suddenly, liked JH. But for her, she had always unconditionally loved taek since they were children, even more than liking, she took care of him, it wasn't sudden, it was transitioned, like a gradual growth of a relationship. Though some hasn't seen it, or even denied it, it was always there. It just became romantic on ep 17 and over the years. 

l3nWsBI7WyjR6F0Ag.gif

credits to owner of gif

@valNK

It's not only one kiss as the reason she fell in love with Taek.  She's always loved the guy.   Wait for tomorrow were it will probably be expanded on.  

Crushes on guys growing up is natural.  Her SW crush was never serious and JH probably could have been had HE not screwed it up.  Honestly sick of reading all the hate towards Taek and DS from people

I'll.take a break now n come back tomorrow. Wow, the drama hooks us until the last act! Be nice everybody. May it be DS Taek or DS JH. It just a drama. Watch it as a family drama, not as love drama. World Peace ! I cannot even complaint the lenght of each episode bcoz it was worth it!

12 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Can I indulge in unrestraint joy?

Can I?:o

Can I?:)

Can I?:D

I just got up and read your post.

I have you idea what happened as yet.

I went to bed with such trepidation

expecting a broken heart

Wow.:w00t:

First set draft

second confirm draft

third create variation

ART for the WIN

I'm so glad you're happy. I'm your JH to your TK. The kiss scene is so beautiful and romantic and the background music is to die for. I bet you'll gonna love those. Sorry about the cut, didn't mean to do that, but since I'm a klutz it's keep happening. What is wrong with me?

Now we confirm who is who, can we please make JH happy now pleaaseee?? So everybody in this thread can become happy. Whatever happen to that peaceful thread, idk. It's going down to the bottom of the sea with my ship I guess. 

*sigh* Junghwan-ah .. At least you are a great bestfriend to your friend. Who ever get you must have safe a continent in her life before. Getting you as hubby, getting JB as bro in law, getting Kim Sajang Appa and Ra eomma as your parents in law? Who doesn't want that? Just please not hesitate all the way again. But I bet you won't if that girl isn't your  childhood friend's girl again. I love you JH, I'll miss you very much in my fridays and saturdays.

I don't know what to think. From the beginning, adult DS hubby behaved exactly like JH. It's hard to imagine Taek changing so much. There's a strong disconnect with the characterisation. I know people changed over the years but why is his character exactly like JH when he became an adult? 

over the course of the episodes, we see that she likes JH too. She waited for him to go to school together, badgered him to watch the concert, got angry when she thought he gave the pink shirt to JB, asked him if she should go on a blind date and pretended to have hurt her foot so that she could hold his hand....all these showed her developing feelings towards him.

As for Taek, she started seeing him as a man when she went China with him, and when he princess carried her when they ran away from the security guard.

In the beginning I didn't mind who's the hubby but after today, I want it to be JH. But alas....I doubt there's a plot twist at the end. 

I will feel fine later on. Come on, it's only a drama. I will get over it in time. Right? Right???  Why can't she have 2 hubbies??? Lol 

9 minutes ago, Nikkaquarian said:

Hi Lelee ^^ thank you for your livecaps, summaries and translations all throughout the series, everyone appreciates you very much! *hearteu*

But i have to disagree with how sudden of her liking taek, i understand why though, but think about it, she also suddenly liked sunwoo, she also suddenly, liked JH. But for her, she had always unconditionally loved taek since they were children, even more than liking, she took care of him, it wasn't sudden, it was transitioned, like a gradual growth of a relationship. Though some hasn't seen it, or even denied it, it was always there. It just became romantic on ep 17 and over the years. 

You're welcome :)

Hm. I guess you're right ... Since that's what the writer is trying to show us. I still think that it was too late though. They focused on JH's first love for 18 episodes but it feels like they just now suddenly focused on TK-DS. Too sudden for my taste but  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...And I still can't see their relationship as an adult relationship. I just don't see the sexual tension. DS and TK are just too cute lol But that's just my opinion I guess.

20 minutes ago, lyonesse said:

really? when was it? could you give me the link because i really dont know.

and i really want to say this. some of you guys that Taek becoming a husband does not make sense because it lacks of building, too rush, not coherence etc etc

well actually, it does makes sense. if only you paid attention to TK-DS shipper analysis instead of ignoring or reporting it :phew:

IKR?? THIS IS ANSWER ME SERIES. WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM THAT?? IT WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN.

LUCKILY I'M FROM THE UNDERGROUND SHIP SO I 'VE PREPARED THIS HEART-BREAK MOMENT FROM VERY BEGINNING. EVEN OUR SHIP IS CALLED AS TAEKTANIC, MEANS WE ARE READY TO SINK.

WE PUT OUR EXPECTATION LOW FROM THE START SO HONESTLY WE FEEL  HAPPY THAT THE KISS AND HUG HAPPENED IN OUR SHIP. WE DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN AT FIRST, BUT WE GOT IT.

But you know like what I said, this is answer me series, so.... I still keep my expectation low because it is not over yet. Any twist still can happen. *fart

I did a couple of live recaps earlier and after going back to watch the raw, I am certain Taek is endgame.

After they kissed in the hotel room, adult DS and her husband were speaking.

DS: 'How can we tell them (our first kiss was in) 1989? I was in Year 3 of high school!'

Husband: 'Oh yeah you were in Year 3 then.. I didn't go to school so that concept's lost on me. But so what if you were in Year 3?'

I'm not sure if the writers are able to twist it such that JH is the husband now because of this conversation, but it is pretty clear that the husband is indeed TK who spent his schooldays being a baduk champion :)

Hope this clears up some confusion! Looking forward to tomorrow's episode already~

For those still confused about the husband's behavior, don't forget that people change over time, and they tend to change to be similar to their partner.  We all know Deoksun's personality, so it's not so surprising if Taek is not the same as he was.
I know this from experience, because I am lucky and recently married someone almost exactly like Taek.   People are different around their loved ones.

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but let my Chilbong-loving heart be happy if I happen to double post this

1994 or 1988? Which 'Reply' series does Yoo Yun Suk think is better?

The actor also revealed that he feels a certain kinship with Park Bo Gum's character in 'Reply 1988.' He said, "I identify with Park Bo Gum in 'Reply 1988.' The way he loves someone one-sidedly included. I hope that Taek (Park Bo Gum's character in the drama) fulfills the love that I couldn't." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/1994-or-1988-which-reply-series-does-yoo-yun-suk-think-is-better

1 minute ago, Trysiani Vania said:

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but let my Chilbong-loving heart be happy if I happen to double post this

1994 or 1988? Which 'Reply' series does Yoo Yun Suk think is better?

The actor also revealed that he feels a certain kinship with Park Bo Gum's character in 'Reply 1988.' He said, "I identify with Park Bo Gum in 'Reply 1988.' The way he loves someone one-sidedly included. I hope that Taek (Park Bo Gum's character in the drama) fulfills the love that I couldn't." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/1994-or-1988-which-reply-series-does-yoo-yun-suk-think-is-better

you got it right oppa! <3

Archived