[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

1 hour ago, melissala said:

DS looking at the door after JH confessed is killer, even if he said it wasn't serious she should have been more moved.   Makes me doubt everything.  Her reaction in general wasn't good.  That's now how you treat your main love interest.  Next week will be a mess.. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot are saying that Taek was the first to show up and so did chilbong , taek was the first to kiss and so did chilbong on and on...

let's stop the chilbong comparison, being famous talents are the only the things they have in common. Najung had her heart set towards trash in the beginning, there was never any scene where she looked at chilbong as a man or she couldnt sleep at night because of him. Unlike in 88', Deoksun's heart seems to going from one place to another that none of us are completely to certain to where it sets. 

Coherence does not go along with conclusion, just because he's somehow paralleled with chilbong's situation doesn't mean he'd end up like him.

hi guys i've been a silent reader all this time but after watched tonight's teary episode i just want to share my opinion :) 

so, i just googled through reply 1997 and found that the title of R97 last episode is "Why First Loves Don't Work Out" and was thinking that maybe it has a little relation to tonight's episode where people assuming that JH gave up on DS, his first love. 

but i don't get why they titled it like that because yoonjae clearly married to shiwon, his first love. but once i saw that title it gives me a new light that maybe things will work out between JH and DS. what saddens me is how can the production team put things on the right track without rushing considering only 2 eps left :bawling:

view.php?pic=2u9h2lz&s=9#.VpEubIRUSSM

I'm going to miss this show. I thought it was so very real and I loved all the characters so much.

It's sad what happened to Junghwan, but at the same time very realistic. Sometimes, no matter how sweet the moments we have with someone, no matter how much we pine for them and daydream, things just don't work out. That's life. Junghwan was a very sympathetic character with many lovable faults and attributes, and I'm sorry things didn't work out with his first love. I hope he finds happiness, though. He's a wonderful person.

One thing I really loved was so many symbolic references to Ying and Yang. Ying and Yang really do embody Deoksun and Taek perfectly, haha. If you think back to, even the first episode, the writers seemingly highlighted certain scenes and aspects, and those are now being brought up in the future scenes. The writers are so meticulous. I have been #TeamWriters since "Because God could not be everywhere at once, he created mothers."

@packmule3 I always love your analysis. You really do ship script x writers.

Guest juniorette

I still think JH is the end game, even I will be happy if I'm wrong. I cannot imagine the writer NOT adding another twist.

42 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Incorrect. I got the translation from DramaBEANS. :D She does speak Korean as far as I know. Or have I been mistaken?

And you don't understand what I'm saying. Read my post again.

The beauty of predictions and horoscopes is that they can be understood any which way the listener wants.  Strict translation does NOT limit the interpretations of the prophecy. You don't have to be a purist in THIS CASE.   

For instance, if a great soothsayer tells me to "MAKE SMALL THINGS COUNT" or I lose all my blonde hair, I can take it to mean --

a. work pro bono,

b. write posts with 10000 words on soompi, 

c. sip Starbucks every morning and limoncello after dinner with my husband, or

d. TEACH MIDGETS MATH. lol.

Do you understand? 

The thee predictions came true. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dramabeans doesn't translate actual dialogue but summarizes and paraphrases them, at least in the case of what the shaman said about the second son, which is what we're nitpicking about right now.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/12/answer-me-1988-episode-11/

Anyway, I concede defeat. You are absolutely correct and will forever be correct.

(Lesson learned: Don't mess with cranky ladies online.)

Hai... its my first comment... i am very enjoy this drama, this cast, passion this viewer but its not just simple case. At the first drama aired PDnim said there isn't reason to guess whom deoksun's husband. Its so sad if fan ship get war. This main story in this drama for whole episode its just Junghwan and Deoksun main cast, this drama show how junghwan care, love deoksun and how deoksun care to Junghwan, disepointed from his fake confession.  but  it just turn sad ending, (for team junghwan) until the new episode. But still get 2 ep so... lets enjoy this drama happily

there's no win or defeat in this thread, it's just a matter of different opinion. chill.

on a side note, where can i find a man like DR? i am a TK-DS shipper but if i have to choose my ideal type of husband, i would definitely choose DR, he's soooo fun and adorable. life would be so much easier with him by my side :wub:

Oh come on, guys. This is not DSxJH or DSxTK ship thread so please do not blame writer-nim's script/story plot scenario just because DS do not will end up with your ship. Please look this episode together into the whole story. It's all about family and friendship, and a lil romance. You should remeber that. And anyway just to remind you, that from Reply 1997-1994 actually the evidences about the husband are always clear though : it is inside the female reaction and her heart. If you watch it carefully, you will notice that PD-nim and Writer-nim never have any intention to troll us like change the hisband candidate in the midlle of story: they already set this up from the beginning so thats why they know they will finish by 20 episodes.

so just sit back and wait for another 6days, we will have our last week of amazing days when this drama aired libe and us bickering.

Applause to PD-nim, Writer-nim, the crews, and the casts!

12540697_1541466452831665_51067080887545

Translation:

Fate doesn't just come to you from time to time. If you want to describe a moment as 'fateful' at all, it has to be a dramatic moment that fate comes to play a hand in on a very rare occasion. Then it's fate. That's why another name for fate is timing. However, fate and timing should not be mistaken for mere coincidences. They are moments created by numerous choices made with earnestness and sincerity. Giving up without hesitation and unwavering worries are what make timing (fate).

(BTW, I haven't watched the new episode yet, or read any of the live recaps, so I have no idea what the context of this scene was written in, and it may not make complete sense to those who have. Sorry if I cause some inconvenience or confusion.:sweatingbullets:.)

OMG...i'm crying a river right now....uri Junghwan...:bawling: . The scene where Deoksun turn from the door sound really break my heart.

Did you guys notice that Junghwan started to like Deoksun earlier. Because up until now everyone note that Junghwan start to like Deoksun after the alley scene in ep 3 but ep 18 highlight that Junghwan already like Deoksun since ep 1 from the scene where Deoksun practicing pocket girl wearing white hanbok. Junghwan already start peeking on her after teasing her.....  OMG.....cry another river  :tears:

I don't wanna guess anymore. From now on its purely depend on Shin PD. Who he like more, Taek or Junghwan since every scene seem equal between Taek and Junghwan now. 

BUT>>>>Its not over until its over...TEAM JUNGHWAN FOREVER

I just finished the episode and my blood presure was getting higher and higher as it went by lol. I thought I was 50-50 between JH-DS and TK-DS but it seems like I'm JH-DS biased after all. I dunno, but that confession was really....hurting my heartㅠㅠ At first I was like, is this interception? He's still sleeping, right? No, but he made it a joke after all....I don't know if I should be relieved for JH or sad for him.

But ....wait, should I write this in the shippers' thread? I'll just write it here anyway I guess. Watching DS react (or rather not...) to JH's confession made me wonder what she thought there.... If we're going by the husband's JH then I would interpret her thoughts as Finally he says what I thought he would have back then... so I wasn't wrong. (-> To the others he said it was a joke but she knows that he waited often for her etc so it's true to her). I could imagine the next episode beginning with the ring again and DS being like, Oh, I forgot the ring! And takes it secretly. Or, if she's now dating TK (since we don't know what they did before the meeting and she keeps looking out for him) she'll just treat JH as always and announce her dating TK when he's there. Sigh.. I dunno. I guess the triangle will be solved when TK joins them later...? Maybe they would announce that they're dating or DS would pull JH aside after their meeting and be like Why didn't you tell me earlier you idiot? And says she waited for those words or whatever lol. I just hope that the staff won't drag the secret along anymore. My heart can only take so much!!! Waaaah!

There are so many scenes where the PD should make a flashback next episode. How SW reacted to BR of course, what TK and DS did after the concert (if they did anything...) and after TK came to the meeting (where JH confessed)....  Sigh. I need to watch something happy now or I'll drown in empathy for JH...I don't know what to feeeeel! Is he releaved that he's finally letting her go or will she respond positively and they'll go out after all? What is this sorcery!!! Lol. I can't even go to the shippers thread to get hope because one side will get crushed next week anyway and chilbongie made me have trust issues for the finals of reply series xD

Haaa... also, I won't be able to write the whole recap today so a few scenes will do! Sorry!

PS: There wasn't a preview, right?

Dear fellow soompiers,

It's been a pleasure reading all your discussions, recaps, spoilers, and theories. Therefor first of all, I'd like to thank everyone of you! *Thank you thank you thank you*

I didn't post before because I felt like all of you have basically voiced out my thought, yet as this fabulous drama is nearing to its end. I felt the urge to at least post something in this thread

All the casts and crew of Reply 1988 indeed have done a bang of a job by making all of us invested much thought and emotion into this series. I, personally, have loved the 2 previous installments and love this 3rd one even more.

Despite who the husband of DS is, my two and only wishes for now are:

1. Let them all please be happily dating or married by the next 2 episodes. I cried too much of tears in today's episode already.. (previous episodes? buckets already) Their actings are tugging on my heart real hard :')

2. PLEASE LET JUNGHWAN KISS SOMEONE (Duksun preferably.. if not, whoever lucky girl, so long she's worthy, will do) - Let's get real.. that kissy lips of Ryu Jun Yeol.. please don't let them go to waste.. I beg your mercy PD-nim, Writer-nim!!!!!

I think DS heart is already made up. The only man that kept her awake is Taek. The only man that made her worry too much is Taek. And the only man we get a complete reaction from her(the doubts & the tossing and turning) is Taek. I don't know if that feeling carried over to 1994 but her reaction to JH confession is quite telling. She is smiling & distracted. It is not a reaction of a woman who is still in love with her former crush. It is a reaction of a woman who moved on. 

But well there are still 2 episodes left.

Wah, the next one week will be the worst week for me. It will be worse than the 2 weeks wait. How to survive the next one week at the thought that Jung Hwan may not be the end game? 

I agree that this episode tries to point the husband identity towards Taek. I have no idea if this is a troll or they meant to wrap up the love triangle and just go straight for the Take x DS pairing for the last 2 episodes. But we do still have 2 episodes so anything is possible. It just seem too simple to have JH gave up now and then what? for next 2 episodes, we just see Taek and DS getting together? Do they need 4 hours (ok, minus some time for other characters) to get together? The writer will not end the love triangle so easily. She's gonna drag till the last episode. Though I must say getting adult husband to behave so polite and adult DS caring for the husband is damn smart. It's trying to throw everyone's earlier argument on how adult husband behaves like JH out of the window. Clever move... (but JH does always behave very politely in front of strangers... just saying :P

I'm still waiting to see DS' POV.... I do like Taek so if he's the end game, I will just give him the blessing and keep JH to myself. BUT, DS ah, please show us how deep is your love for the husband. 

i love today's episode :grin: so much ot5 :heart: 

junghwan's confession was beautiful. poor him tho, he's so misunderstood that his best friends thought he was joking. but what matters is that deoksun knows it was sincere. she was smiling the whole time. i think the upcoming eps or at least ep 20 will mostly be from deoksun's pov bc so far her feelings and thoughts are portrayed very vaguely, the viewers are always confused by her. i'm so looking forward to next week :)

Archived