[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

3 hours ago, gaejungpal said:

Hello everyone.

I just made a fanfiction about JHxDS (because 2 weeks would feel so long). It's actually bad and still lacking but I hope you all would read for a while. 

Please share your thought too <3 it's my very first time of making one shot fanfiction in english so please don't hate me ;A; 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1066180/reply-1988-deoksun-and-junghwan-special-episode-hyeri-reply1988-replyseries-ryujunyeol-answerme1988

Maybe you also want to share it in our shipper's thread? 

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/378993-jung-hwan-x-deok-sun-couple/

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

Sometimes, I think DC people are on crack!!!!

What the hell is this?!? :blink:

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=408046&page=1

Haha, who is the man in the picture tho?

I have some posts that are even more -crack xD

4 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Does Sunwoo's mom like Taek's dad? I can't read her. Does she want to marry him? I'm lost if Taek's dad was asking permission to date her? Or marry her? Does she like him? Or is she looking for companionship and a father for Jinjoo? I

Mr Choi was asking Taek for permission to have SW's mum as a friend.  He was not explicit in asking for permission as a girlfriend or wife. He said he had not made his decision, but he just wanted to hear Taek's opinion. If he did not allow, then his father would not go any further. Taek said he was old enough, and he hoped his father would have hot food to eat.

10 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

Or...if you saw the way Taek gasped you could say he figured out the fact that Junghwan has stepped  down for his sake. Since concert has happened  before Taek confessed to the boys that he loves Deok Sun as a woman. That's why they show it within flashback, it has reflected on his decision. It's true Taek thinks more practically  but that doesn't mean he is not smart enough  to remember that detail and conclude it's only fair to step down as the same way as Junghwan had done for him since Junghwan may not be only considerate kid when it comes to his friends...just saying.

Honestly, I feel that both factors play a part(the reason I used 'My Mum says' is because I think what she said make sense but I do not really agree with it) in his decision to step down. I am inclining more towards Taek stepped down for similar reason but why did the series tell us he is competitive only to have him stepped down? 

6 hours ago, Nurul Choerunnisa said:

Does your Mom know that TK took a picture with the same exact pose with DS chingu ya? I'm asking this because I fail to see how JH-DS picture makes TK loosing his confidence in winning the girl. TK doesn't have to be jealous because he has similar picture. Or because it seems like a date? If I remember it right, I think TK knew JH-DS went to MBC concert, DS even asked everyone to go to the concert too but JH was the only one available. Beside, TK went to Fujitsu Championship without having confidence. He asked DS: "It's okay if I lose, right?". So I don't think he's the type who will back off because he's not confident in winning. Or did I miss something here, chingu?

-

But then he saw the picture. The picture was not the problem here. But the fact that JH keep the picture in his wallet was. Wallet is something that we always take almost wherever we go. It's personal and intimate. What kind of reason will make a guy keeping a girl photo in his wallet? It's whether that girl is his mother, sister or... a girl he likes. So it's some sort of indirect confirmation from JH that he likes DS.

(Btw, I read theory here from DC gall which says that TK saw the date on the picture and realized that JH has liked DS before his confession. However I don't believe that this is the case. The picture could be taken from 2 years ago, 8 years ago, it could be DS picture when she's still a toddler (okay forget this one, it would be creepy)... the picture could be taken when JH hasn't fallen in love with DS. The most important thing here, IMO, is that JH keeps picture of DS in his wallet.)

So he felt conflicted for a while... but in the end he couldn't bring himself to hurt JH... the same way JH couldn't bring himself to hurt TK (awwww... you two just go to Netherlands and go marry there)
---------

Btw, It has just occurred to me: why does, unlike JH, TK put DS's picture in his notebook inside the drawers? I mean, he rarely meets DS. And from previous episode we know that TK doesn't bring his notebook all the time.

Yes, she does and when she told me her opinion about this we even rewatch this part a few times and watch it side by side to have a better comparison. 

I am fairly sure TK knows the picture is from the MBC concert that TK knew JH is the only 1 that went with her. We know that he has good memory so I am sure he remembers the MBC concert. I do think it's obvious that he stepped down because of the way Junghwan eyes look in the picture. TK can tell that JH is in love with DS when JH and DS took the picture. If it's the usual JH I am sure he wouldn't smile as brightly as he did in the picture.

However, what you missed is the lack of explanation on why is the series telling us Taek is competitive yet he choose to stepped down for Junghwan.

Though @d3in explanation does make sense on the purpose of the scene telling us that Taek is a competitive person. But I feel that he will not cry if he will still make a move...? 

On 12/27/2015 at 7:24 PM, 13infamyss said:

I don't know whether this was intentional or not, but I looked back on the previous episodes and counted how long Duk Seon's span of attention was for Sun Woo and Jung Hwan. I wanted to figure out where, when, and how we started to comment on the slow pace of the main love line. It was hard for me to share my thoughts during the last few weeks as I was confused on what to say and how to react on the past few episodes thrown at me. I needed to watch certain scenes over and over again to come to a realization that maybe I was underestimating the power and effect of this drama on me. 

Duk Seon's started treating Sun Woo differently in Episode 3 and her sweet treatment to him ended by Episode 6 (a total of 4 episodes). She started treating Jung Hwan differently by Episode 11 and ended her sweet treatment by Episode 14 (a total of 4 episodes again). By Episode 15, I've come to a conclusion she is over acting cute for Jung Hwan. She is not shoving herself to him - moreover, she doesn't even bat an eyelash at Jung Hwan anymore (the scene at the bus stop with her menacing look she gave not only to Sun Woo but Jung Hwan was note worthy - Ep 15). During the scene where Taek found out about Jung Hwan's feelings, I was on the edge of my seat thinking he might not only figure out about Jung Hwan's feelings, but also how his feelings were being reciprocated by Duk Seon. I've been on the edge waiting for the moment that she gives a glance at Jung Hwan and shares a secret smile with him (Just like how she kept stealing glances at Jung Hwan when she was making animated faces with his father - Ep 12). But Duk Seon never did once glance his way and I noticed how she was back being herself and having fun with her best friends (I believe this is when she is at her prettiest - when she is trying not too hard to get someone's attention and being just herself - like what No Eul said in Ep 12). Given how there's only four more episodes left, I think the rest of the episodes would focus on Duk Seon's another shift on the person of her new interest. 

I've said this before, after the fallout of her feelings for Sun Woo - that the next time she takes an interest in someone, I hope she will be the one to discover it without anyone telling her that another guy likes her. I was so disappointed that her friends had once again whispered into her ear and acted upon by what they had told her to do. I was even more disappointed that she gave Jung Hwan a birthday present that she did not pick out herself. Jung Bong noted that Jung Hwan never liked that kind of colour (which was a big contrast in Episode 9 where Duk Seon pulled out a couple of clothes for Taek to bring to China and she raised them to her eye level testing which combination would look good on him). It only proved this gut feeling I've had for a while now that maybe there was a reason why I am not really seeing progress between Jung Hwan and Duk Seon. I mean they grow each episode as individuals, but together - I haven't really seen anything that will convince that they were meant to be together. Which was a complete opposite of Taek and Duk Seon. Each episode they not only grow individually, but there's something we discover and learn about them every time they are together. (Duk Seon doesn't like people see her cry, so the next time Taek caught her crying he let it go and just asked if she were okay, Taek stopped taking meds after Duk Seon suggested it, Duk Seon knows now how to knock on his door before entering... and the list goes on and I wish I could list the times Duk Seon and Jung Hwan were like this together as well - y'know just constant mutual show of caring for each other - not hidden/unknown/secretively/one sided) 

I wish Dong Ryong had given his advise long before, so she wouldn't have been in so much pain and in constant look for that someone to love her. Episode 15 was all about Duk Seon's personal growth in my opinion. She wanted to get into university, but she wasn't really putting everything in to get that goal. She said she would study but she was doing it halfheartedly. She'd lose her attention and would do other things (get herself busy instead with whatever was in her hair - Ep 12). But when the teacher said getting into university was impossible for her and that meant disappointing her mom, she gave studying another push, tried harder, and even asked her new friend to help her understand the class. On the other hand, her best girlfriend who totally did not give a crap about studying was busy playing games with this other girl. We never saw her participate in any of what her friend was doing and just continued studying. At that moment, I thought she was finally being serious in achieving that goal. I also think that this mirrors in how she's going to act the next time she falls in love (by the end of Ep 14 after listening to Dong Ryong's advice). She`ll take precautionary actions and start learning it from scratch without anyone telling her who likes her and what she should to do in certain situations. And this is why I think Taek backing up from confessing his feelings was brilliant and just in tune at the pace that Duk Seon is heading. Everyone one of us wants either of the boys to do something - anything, but if Taek confesses his feelings to Duk Seon, she's going be all confused again and we will be back to square one when she will lose her true self and shove herself in to someone, who she thinks, likes her. Ep 15 showed us a side of Duk Seon who's still trying hard to get into university even though she was told it was impossible. And it once again mirrored Duk Seon who's going to give love another chance in the near future. You guys mentioned that Duk Seon has a mind of her own and she will choose whoever she wants to be with for the rest of her life, so this is why I thought it was great that Taek opted out to say his true feelings and Jung Hwan hasn't said anything either (whatever their reasons be). We want Duk Seon to seriously love someone now genuinely with no bias from both camps. I want her to go to that someone who she will see as her other half - someone, who just by looking at him gives her comfort and happiness in however mundane and little things are for them. I want her to. Really. So bad. 

I think 4 episodes will be good enough to wrap things up and finally introduce us the husband, given the timeline they (the writer/PD) provided her to focus her interest on Sun Woo and Jung Hwan. Going over the scenes again from previous episodes made me realize maybe Duk Seon's romance isn't as slowpoke as it is. Each episode, in my opinion, has its own kind of growth for the main love line - whether it is only individual, couple, or both kind of growth. Now, it only depends on how each of us are going interpret these scenes being thrown at us.

I find your analysis insightful and your conclusion well supported. I hope your analysis proves to be true.

I am so pulling for Taek.

Credits : kpopkfans

Spoiler

Reply 1988 is getting boring?

reply-1988.jpg

Pann: Isn't Reply so boring these days?

1. [+238, -7] I burst into laughter yesterday because of Ra Miran's eggs ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Rather than the love stories, I find Ra Miran's scenes the funniest. I started liking her when she mixed spaghetti with her hands and said, "nice to meet you, I'm the new mom."

2. [+231, -3] Why are the guys pushing their chances to each other when they don't even know how Duk Seon feels? I get that they don't want to ruin their friendship but the most important thing is Duk Seon's own feelings, and nobody knows this... Besides, they can just end the situation by saying, "the shirt is not mine." But they've been dragging this for weeks.

3. [+173, -3] It's not boring but it's frustrating

4. [+76, -3] There's no scene of the main couple but there's a ton of scenes of other couples ㅋㅋ It's frustrating. I like the emotional stories of the family but it looks forced sometimes.

5. [+61, -6] Jungbong and Manok's love story is funny ㅋㅋㅋ I don't like Sunwoo and Bora because it's so boring and not heart-fluttering.

6. [+55, -5] What's frustrating is that the previews make it look like the story will develop, but the actual episodes only have 10 minutes of plot developments at the end ㅋㅋㅋ It's not like I don't like the family stories. I also don't expect the love line to appear on every episode. But if they wanted to show family, then they shouldn't have made me expect love line. The previews always show love line but the actual episodes don't. I just stopped watching Reply 1988 because I'm so done with it.

:(

Hi, can someone help translate this article here? http://www.instiz.net/pt?no=3476316&page=2&srt=3&k=&srd=1 

from the pics it looks like it's talking about the dialogue that took place with Taek's opponent. it's the very first time we see him talking during a baduk match.. and judging from JH's photo at the end of the article i think it may be hinting about something related to Junghwan as well. DB's recap left out this part. thanks. 

On 12/28/2015 at 9:54 PM, Leena Dramasaranger said:

Credits : kpopkfans

Hide contents

Reply 1988 is getting boring?

Pann: Isn't Reply so boring these days?

1. [+238, -7] I burst into laughter yesterday because of Ra Miran's eggs ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Rather than the love stories, I find Ra Miran's scenes the funniest. I started liking her when she mixed spaghetti with her hands and said, "nice to meet you, I'm the new mom."

2. [+231, -3] Why are the guys pushing their chances to each other when they don't even know how Duk Seon feels? I get that they don't want to ruin their friendship but the most important thing is Duk Seon's own feelings, and nobody knows this... Besides, they can just end the situation by saying, "the shirt is not mine." But they've been dragging this for weeks.

3. [+173, -3] It's not boring but it's frustrating

4. [+76, -3] There's no scene of the main couple but there's a ton of scenes of other couples ㅋㅋ It's frustrating. I like the emotional stories of the family but it looks forced sometimes.

5. [+61, -6] Jungbong and Manok's love story is funny ㅋㅋㅋ I don't like Sunwoo and Bora because it's so boring and not heart-fluttering.

6. [+55, -5] What's frustrating is that the previews make it look like the story will develop, but the actual episodes only have 10 minutes of plot developments at the end ㅋㅋㅋ It's not like I don't like the family stories. I also don't expect the love line to appear on every episode. But if they wanted to show family, then they shouldn't have made me expect love line. The previews always show love line but the actual episodes don't. I just stopped watching Reply 1988 because I'm so done with it.

:(

Don't worry. I don't think the article kpopkfans refer to is quite popular to represent Korean viewers. They need to find another article with more than 10k votes. The most trustworthy calculation whether a TV show is doing good or not is by looking at the rating. Reply 1988 for episode 16 average rating is 16% with peak 18.1%. It's getting higher every week, and for a TV show from a cable channel like TvN, that number can be considered a national drama. Most cable drama rating is around 1-2%. Reply'88's popularity is no joke :D 

Don't quote images, gifs, videos

CALLING ALL FANS OF TVN’S REPLY 1988 AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING FORWARD FOR A MEMORABILIA TO REMEMBER THIS WONDERFUL SERIES, HOPE YOU GUYS ANSWER THIS SURVEY!

[NOTICE] REPLY 1988 DIRECTOR’S CUT BLU RAY / DVD SURVEY

Korean fans of Reply 1988 made a team that will be in-charge of Reply 1988’s Director’s Cut Blu Ray/DVD. All they ask is for everyone’s interest and active participation so they can decide on what they would relay on the production company and TvN about the possible contents of the Blu Ray / DVD.

This Reply 1988 Director’s Cut Blu Ray/DVD is meant to be for Reply 1988 fans, so what’s inside should be what the fans want.

Normally, there are three editions of Blu Ray/DVD for k-dramas:

a. Original edition - This edition is made up of what was originally aired. What we have seen is what we will get. Bloopers and extra clips are usually not included.

b. Premium edition - Original episodes which has a possibility of being re-edited or not) + extra clips and other perks.

c. Director’s edition - The director re-edits the episodes that was originally put on air and add clips like those that were deleted due to time constraints, or parts that weren’t perfectly edited, scenes that were filmed but not included in the final release of episode) + extra clips and other perks.

These three possible editions won’t differ dramatically but it will definitely differ in terms of quality and content. Other than this, there is also the Blu Ray vs. DVD version.

(DVD vs. Blu Ray resolution)

tumblr_inline_o012cmXaOT1qap9ye_540.jpg

So if you are interested in buying the Blu Ray / DVD, please show your interest by emailing the team (reply1988dvd@gmail.com) in order to help the production team and company decide on their plans for the release of this Reply 1988 memorabilia.

Suggested email format:

Subject: Reply 1988 Blu Ray / DVD survey

Name:
Blu Ray or DVD:
What perks you wish to be included:
Subtitles: English

DON’T FORGET TO SEND TO reply1988dvd@gmail.com

They will need a thorough discussion with the production and distribution company to choose between versions and contents + perks to include.

They will need approximately 2000 or more people who are interested for the Blu Ray version, and 1000 or more people for the DVD version. The faster they fulfill their survey goal, the faster they can get to work with the production and distribution company. The data they will receive from this survey will be the basis for the production and distribution company’s decision.

Please participate and we’ll update you guys soon about all the new information that the Reply 1988 Director’s cut Blu Ray / DVD construction team will release.

REMINDER! This is just a survey, you are not pressured to buy right away! This is like an interest check so please participate. They just wanted to know your thoughts and opinions about this Reply 1988 memorabilia. Please share with your friends!

---

more info, FAQ and contact details on eyesonryu.tumblr.com or go to http://bit.ly/reply1988dvd
don't hesitate to ask questions too~ we're willing to help ^^

ALSO! Please share to your friends who you think would be interested~<3

23 minutes ago, HwanSunny said:

OMG! That's short BTS of production team :heart: I loove it.

Can we get more???

so, this guy is Deok Sun husband? :D

Hide contents

CXPhVlrUoAAhE75.jpg

I don't know about him (Lee Won Geun) being the hubby. But I'll be happy if he'll make a cameo!! That guy was amazing in "Cheer Up!/ Sassy Go Go!"

Cheer%2BUp%2BSassy%2Bgo%2Bgo%2Blee%2Bwon

1 hour ago, hafunohane said:

Hi, can someone help translate this article here? http://www.instiz.net/pt?no=3476316&page=2&srt=3&k=&srd=1 

from the pics it looks like it's talking about the dialogue that took place with Taek's opponent. it's the very first time we see him talking during a baduk match.. and judging from JH's photo at the end of the article i think it may be hinting about something related to Junghwan as well. DB's recap left out this part. thanks. 

Opponent (white stone) : how's the situation? 

Taek (black stones) : I think black is a little bit in favorable state.

Opponent : I thought I was favorable haha

The last time taek looking at duksun, his clothes is White and Junghwan Is Black. And Taek was drinking his tea, just like before he started every Baduk match. 

Junghwan-Taek match starts.. 

---------

Buti think  it's only applies for epi 15. :) 

Sorry for this confusion but here are my updates. I've decided with a name change so I won't be known as haesungddolmi anymore but will henceforth be known as castingbees 

AND I have made a tumblr account so that all the subs can be located in one place. Please do not go through my previous activities to find older posts or links. They are all now invalid. So while I'm migrating things around, please PM me if you find any errors ie wrong subs or cant download.

No illegal links

Archived