Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

13infamyss

[MANGA] Fushigi Yugi - Byakko Ibun

Has anyone read the first chapter of the last FY saga? xDD

Pretty intense  chapter that was! I seriously was so confused at what was going on, but by the end of it, I was like OH MY GOD! WAIT THAT WAS.... :o

9f2315f579339dac74a3af861c30147214224136

Plot:

Set 100 years later after the Priestess of Genbu came into the Universe of Four Gods and protected the land of Bei Ja. 

[There's not much to the plot yet, so I will write a good one once a few chapters are out]

Chapters: 1 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=119114

What I think of the series: 

READ AFTER YOU'VE READ CHAPTER 1! BIG SPOILER.

Wow that picture wasn't of Tatara and Suzuno! OMG. Totally caught off guard right there. I was thinking Nirusha was Tatara's other name. In any case, it was a great set up for what's gonna happen later once Suzuno gets sucked in to the universe of four gods and united with her celestial warriors. The country Kotou will obviously the main enemy in this story again. LOL. They've been #1's enemy from the start. hahah. But  this one is going to be pretty interesting since obviously it's going to be a fight of star crossed lovers! Miboshi, a Seiryuu celestial warrior and Neiran, who I'm going to assume is one of the Byakko celestial warriors!

I think the series started off strong. Yet another promising series from the great Yuu Watase!

Let me know what you guys think!

tumblr_nk8x5kgNOD1u9aox8o4_500.jpg~origi

tumblr_nk8x5kgNOD1u9aox8o1_1280.jpg~orig

tumblr_nk8x5kgNOD1u9aox8o5_500.jpg~origi

Hmm... not sure that Neiran is gonna be one of the celestrial warriors, since she doesn't have a mark right? I'm also not sure why the author chose to tell the story of Miboshi... he was one of the most forgettable characters imo. And, I don't see them as star-crossed lovers, they are merely acquaintance. Not sure how this is gonna pen out, looking forward to it!

^haha Just making assumptions. :P It's possible though that this simple encounter left a deep impact on both sides. And I kind of don't want to say that they were just merely acquaintance. Neiran was the only person who never feared him. Miboshi who was so used with people giving him fearful and hateful looks felt comfort and ease with Neiran's acceptance for what he truly was. For the first time in Neiran's life, she was treated as human being by Miboshi, and even gave her a beautiful name. He named her after his mother, and that's definitely an honour she would proudly carry for the rest of her life. I don't think that kind of encounter is easy to forget. They've known each other for a short time, yes, but it definitely left them a big impression. It changed both of them. 
You mentioned he was the most forgettable - and that's probably why Yuu Watase chose him as the next main villain. Perhaps to give us more background of the celestial warrior's life who we thought was just naturally evil and spiteful. That maybe there's more to it than just being the guy who killed Chiriko. We've learned Nakago, Soi, Amoboshi, and Sumiboshi's background, so I guess it's now Miboshi's side we'll get to learn before he turned into a despicable guy.
Neiran's mark maybe has not appeared at that time yet? Do they show up the moment they were born? :-/ I forgot when celestial warriors do figure out it's them. But I'm pretty sure she'll be somehow on Byakko's side fighting against Kotou/Seiryuu, against Miboshi. I enjoy making assumptions of the stories and writing about them. ^^ 
Oh BTW, who was Fuuin? Was that her? At the end it mentioned, the tragedy of Fuuin -- uh-oh. 

I really enjoyed it. Yuu Watase is great at telling dark stories like Ayashi no Ceres and Genseika. It was confusing but I liked how she told the Yuki Onna story and switched it with a tiger woman instead. What happened to Miboshi that he turned into that little monk while his real form (I'm guessing that's his real form) is a bishounen?

^haha I know right? What a complete 360 degree change! Anyways wasn't the little monk not really his body, but rather someone he possessed? Like what he did with Chiriko? I think he's physically dead around Miaka and Yui's time. Byakko's time was 60 years before Miaka and Yui's, and he was already born and a grown up around Byakko's time, so I'm guessing he had lived on by possessing different bodies until he gets united with the rest of Seiryuu celestial warriors, waiting all this time for his own priestess to come and summon Seiryuu.

13infamyss said: ^haha Just making assumptions. :P It's possible though that this simple encounter left a deep impact on both sides. And I kind of don't want to say that they were just merely acquaintance. Neiran was the only person who never feared him. Miboshi who was so used with people giving him fearful and hateful looks felt comfort and ease with Neiran's acceptance for what he truly was. For the first time in Neiran's life, she was treated as human being by Miboshi, and even gave her a beautiful name. He named her after his mother, and that's definitely an honour she would proudly carry for the rest of her life. I don't think that kind of encounter is easy to forget. They've known each other for a short time, yes, but it definitely left them a big impression. It changed both of them. 
You mentioned he was the most forgettable - and that's probably why Yuu Watase chose him as the next main villain. Perhaps to give us more background of the celestial warrior's life who we thought was just naturally evil and spiteful. That maybe there's more to it than just being the guy who killed Chiriko. We've learned Nakago, Soi, Amoboshi, and Sumiboshi's background, so I guess it's now Miboshi's side we'll get to learn before he turned into a despicable guy.
Neiran's mark maybe has not appeared at that time yet? Do they show up the moment they were born? :-/ I forgot when celestial warriors do figure out it's them. But I'm pretty sure she'll be somehow on Byakko's side fighting against Kotou/Seiryuu, against Miboshi. I enjoy making assumptions of the stories and writing about them. ^^ 
Oh BTW, who was Fuuin? Was that her? At the end it mentioned, the tragedy of Fuuin -- uh-oh. 

^Yeah it is possible that she might be the Byakko god, or a descendant of Byakko. Cuz I'm pretty sure all the gods are men, wanting to devour a body of a virgin maiden once they grant her wishes. Anyways, I thought it was weird too that she has tiger blood in her, and that she can transform to one. She's also a citizen on Byakko land, so I thought perhaps she was one of the celestial warriors. But yeah, it's highly likely she might be the god or has direct relations to the god.
And thanks about the fuuin facts! This chapter had a lot of Japanese terms I've never heard of before, so I kinda lost track of which is which. 

13infamyss said: ^Yeah it is possible that she might be the Byakko god, or a descendant of Byakko. Cuz I'm pretty sure all the gods are men, wanting to devour a body of a virgin maiden once they grant her wishes. Anyways, I thought it was weird too that she has tiger blood in her, and that she can transform to one. She's also a citizen on Byakko land, so I thought perhaps she was one of the celestial warriors. But yeah, it's highly likely she might be the god or has direct relations to the god.
And thanks about the fuuin facts! This chapter had a lot of Japanese terms I've never heard of before, so I kinda lost track of which is which. 

^This was the only scene I saw that all gods appeared 

IMG_2157.jpg~original

^from Vol 18, where they sealed that wannabe 5th god of the universe. 

I hate waiting for  chapters to come out, yet that still doesn't stop me from reading ongoing series. LOL. It sucks waiting for the entire month just to see the next chapter. This feeling  of being cliffhanged-_-

Thanks! @13infamyss for uploading that page! Genbu and Seiryuu are so nice looking, kekeke. While Byakko and Suzaku look girlish, okay they are pretty. Argh, who is Neiran then...

:-w

^ The god right above Suzaku is Byakko, right? He is really good looking! It's too bad that we don't get much glimpses of the gods.

Yeah, cuz the one on the top right is Genbu and we saw him from Genbu Kaiden. That's true - we don't really get to know much about them. At least we got see Suzaku and Miaka interacting though towards the end of the series. 

Thanks! @13infamyss for uploading that page! Genbu and Seiryuu are so nice looking, kekeke. While Byakko and Suzaku look girlish, okay they are pretty. Argh, who is Neiran then...

:-w

hahha yeah, Byakko and Suzaku look quite young for gods compared to Genbu and Seiryuu. It's kind of unfortunate that Seiryuu in the entire saga is like the bad guy. I mean he's there to keep the balance of the universe, and so he is a respectable noble god and not really too antagonistic. But Yuu Watase just makes him and his people the bad guys all the time. Then again.... he represents dragon.

^Ahhh LOL, she posted pictures of the characters we already have known about -_-I seriously look forward to those two celestial warriors who ended up together. That never happened before, so I'm quite curious of their story.

^ I thought that the art looked colorful and pretty. That's why I posted it. By the way, I found a colored pic of all the gods together.

chinese.png~original

I probably won't get to see Byakko in the ongoing series until Yuu Watase finishes it. That will take a couple years. -_-'

^Ahh! Sorry, are these new pics? By "she", I meant Yuu Watase. Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have said posted, cuz you did post it! hahaha. What I meant was, she drew the Byakko characters we have already known about! hehe
And thanks for posting a pic of all gods, Suzaku is still the hottest for me. And yep, I'm pretty sure as well that he won't appear till the very end just like the other gods in the previous saga.

^ The art was released when Genbu Kaiden was still running in the Perfect World magazine. I had a crazy thought. What if Yuu Watase decided to make the perverted guy (Tokaki) into the third wheel in Suzuno's and Tatara's relationship?

^had to google who Tokaki was. LOL. But aww, hopefully not, cuz aren't he and the other celestial warrior are a couple? I think it's cute if 2 celestial warriors are a couple instead. hehe. But yknow it's totally possible though, knowing Yuu Watase. 
We're nearing the end of March, meaning 2nd chapter is fast approaching!

I always thought that it's a bit unfair that we only know Kouto people as villain and their celestial warriors are evil. So it's nice that we get to see glimpse of them and see their "good" side before they became evil.

I wonder too who is Neiran and what role she has in this manga. Although her life is really miserable...

But it is said that their paths will not cross with the byakko's Miko for a while.. what does that mean? meaning Neiran is not really a celestial warrior?

I am glad that Yuu Watase has finally start to make this series although it will still take years. This one will be hard though.

I want to know what happened to Priestess of Byakko. Why was she forced to returned to her world and what was her wishes. Did they succeed? Because in the original FY they appeared.

Tatara was still alive and was taken as hostage by Miboshi, then the priestess of  Byakko was already old. So i wonder what happened.