[Drama 2015] I Remember You 너를 기억해

czakhareina

Ahhhh! I only started watching this recently!! I wanted to watch it from the beginning because the premise sounded great and Seo In Guk was in it... but I wasn't a very big Jang Na Ra fan XD; Having found out Park Bo Gum was in it, though... That's now three reasons weighing against my fear, and I started watching. I'm glad that I actually like Jang Na Ra in this one. :o

Anyway the story is really great!! But you all know that... :o

I'm here to freak out about the fact that I missed out on the DVD/Blu-Ray orders. XD; The shipment number apparently finalized just a day or two ago... and they're no longer available. (ack!) Did anybody grab them? They look so beautiful!

I'll try to post my thoughts on the drama after I've finished all the eps :)

EDIT: I take that back. Due to a system error a few days ago, they are apparently re-opening for "pre-order" for two days starting on February 15 at noon Korea time. There are about 140 DVDs left.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry to bumb this old thread, I hope it's not forbidden, or at least I didn't find anything about it in the rules.

I am super happy to have found this forum! Being rather new to K-dramas I just recently watched this one and am dying to talk to sbd about it. Reading this long thread really made me happy. 

I don't usually watch suspens/police dramas, and started to watch this one actually bc I watched the first 2 episodes of Moonlight Drawn by Clouds and thought the lead actor was funny, so I searched for other dramas he acted in, then finished this one in like, 3 days or so. It was brilliant. Please do not mind me sharing some of my thoughts about it even though no one might be reading this now anymore :sweatingbullets:

The cases they solved leading ultimately to the revelation of our main mystery about the main characters LJY, LH and LM were well made and interesting, even more interesting of course was the main thread. To think about it it's not easy to achieve this.

Imo LJY, LH and LM were actually 3 ingenious psychopaths/sociopaths, where

LJY was man made (having lost the opportunity to become a normal person through the mistreatment he received as a child and a teenager, and though he manages to appear normal on the surface, and for all his life craving to be loved and have a family, having missed the crucial, character building time in his childhood, he almost always does the wrong things instinctively trying to please/help/get close to others),

LM was born (triggered by his mother's death but still, like it was said in the drama, everyone reacts differently to the same situation, and it's not obligatory that a child turns psychopathic witnessing the death of a close family member, on top of that I never had the feeling that he cared at all about his parent's demise, rather I had the feeling that his utter lack of empathy makes all other humans appear to him as playthings except his hyung, who becomes the only person in his world.),

while LH grew up in a way that enabled him to finally become more "normal" and upright (if you think about it, he was in no way a normal child either, analysing more than feeling most things, including his father's death to the point that the adults whispered behind his back that he was not influenced by or sad about his death. It surprised me a bit that although he started out being extremely rational, he loses that cool rationality when his brother is concerned, refusing to accept that Min will most probably never become a normal person and it's not (only) LJY's fault that Min grew up to be the way he did, but that is proof to me that he really grew into society despite his lack of tact :sweatingbullets:, because reacting before thinking in certain aspects (killing is wrong! my brother is a baby!) is what happens when social norms are ingrained into you so much that you cannot analyse the reasoning behind it.).

What I did not like about this drama was the romance part - I just didn't feel it, also I disliked the character of Cha Ji An. And the ending. It felt right up until the point where they "brought Min back to life" because I felt that it was done to not upset the viewers who have obviously grown to love Min despite his creepy lack of respect for other ppl's lives. In the end I think the writers listened to the cries of the viewers to redeem Min, however, seeing as how Min refused to take on a new identity and remained/went back to being Min and attone for his sins, the least he would get was lifelong and he was still very young towards the end of the drama, meaning he will be jailed for the next 70 years or so, it is actually more cruel than a quick death for him. Also to me, the last conversation btw him and LJY was crucial to his characterization - when LJY asked him if he wanted to do the murder-suicide bc he thought they did wrong, Min replied without a second's hesitation that NO, he did not think they did anything wrong, he was just doing it bc he thought that Hyeon would suffer otherwise. So what we got in the end was jail for life for Min, who will never understand that he did anything wrong, because he wanted to please his hyung, and this leaves a really bitter taste in my mouth.

For the last 2 months or so after I finished this drama, I have been trying to think of an "afterwards" for the story, to somehow make it happier and more acceptable for myself, but no matter how I look at it, I think this will go down as Hyeon and Cha Ji An live on happily ever after, LJY on the run and may never be caught, Min in jail waiting for his visits that will probably, over the years, become less and less while Hyeon gets more and more busy with work, marriage, kids and one day he will ask himself what he did and why he chose to do so and will not be able to answer his own question. So I'm really sad imagining this :(

Has anybody else got a happier and more realistic idea about what would happen to them after the show? 

Archived