[Drama 2015] Who Are You: School 2015 후아유: 학교 2015 | Mon - Tue 10 pm KST

czakhareina

Casting news for male lead

[NEWS] 150331 Sungjae offered the male lead in the KBS Drama "School 2015"!!! http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003030761 …

cr. sungjae_fanbase

CAYSY0ZWAAEeQPK.jpg

-----------------

I hope he accepts it! More reasons why I should watch this show. I'm interested in the premise, the female lead is experienced, and now this, one of male idols I like casted as lead. If he accepts it I hope he actually can act lol

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm the one posting on Sungjae Fanbase that Sungjae was offered male lead role, it was later revealed that Nam Joo Hyuk is the first male lead. Yook Sungjae is probably the second male in this case. An article said that the cast is already confirmed and went script reading today. 
(http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1427790404878399002) 
31878399.jpg

The English article regarding Nam Joo Hyuk's casting --> http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/90426/exclusive-nam-joo-hyuk-confirmed-as-male-lead-of-school-2015
About Yook Sungjae's casting http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/btobs-sungjae-in-talks-for-upcoming-kbs-drama-school-2015
The drama is said to air on 27th of April. 

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 17px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 34px; word-wrap: break-word; widows: 1; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"BTOB’s Yook Sung Jae set to join Nam Joo Hyuk for ‘Who Are You – School 2015′
59334-313645-540x373.jpgYook Sung Jae, Nam Joo Hyuk

With Nam Joo Hyuk already on board for upcoming KBS 2TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Who Are You – School 2015,’ there are reports today that BTOB‘s Yook Sung Jae could join him as another male lead.

Yook’s agency revealed, “Yook Sung Jae has indeed received an offer to star in ‘School 2015,’ and we are in the midst of discussions.”

‘Who Are You – School 2015′ will be the 2015 edition of the popular ‘School’ drama series. The series had previously groomed stars like Zo In Sung, Jang Hyuk, Ha Ji Won, Im Soo Jung, Lee Jong Suk, Kim Woo Bin, and many others.

The drama will premiere sometime in early April, following ‘Blood.’

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Oh i've liked in Plus nine boys. He was quite likeable and 

I like 

melody56 said: Hi, I'm the one posting on Sungjae Fanbase that Sungjae was offered male lead role, it was later revealed that Nam Joo Hyuk is the first male lead. Yook Sungjae is probably the second male in this case. An article said that the cast is already confirmed and went script reading today. 
(http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1427790404878399002) 

The English article regarding Nam Joo Hyuk's casting --> http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/90426/exclusive-nam-joo-hyuk-confirmed-as-male-lead-of-school-2015
About Yook Sungjae's casting http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/btobs-sungjae-in-talks-for-upcoming-kbs-drama-school-2015
The drama is said to air on 27th of April. 

class="entry-title"School 2015 Starts Filming with Confirmed Leads Kim So Hyun, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Yook Sun Jae Posted on March 31, 2015 by ockoala

bcn1.jpg

I wouldn’t call the casting process for upcoming KBS Mon-Tues drama Who Are You: School 2015 beleaguered exactly, but it certainly wasn’t as slam dunk as one would think considering the School drama franchise has kick-started so many acting careers in the past. The drama is a short month away from its premiere and finally has the leading cast confirmed this week. Kim So Hyun is the leading lady and plays a pair of twins with different personalities who end up switching fates, with her role initially offered to Lee Yoo Bi.

The leading man first choice Kang Min Hyuk of CNBLUE passed on the role and what followed was back-and-forth media reports on whether model-turned-actor Nam Joo Hyuk was going to take the role instead. He’s just been confirmed as the male lead, while the other male lead will go to Yook Sun Jae of idol group BtoB. Nam Joo Hyuk’s most prominent role to date was a supporting turn in Surplus Princess while Yook Sun Jae was recently in Plus Nine Boys while making his acting debut even earlier with Answer Me 1994. Since the production team indicated that it wanted to find relative unknowns for the cast, the two young male leads certainly fit that profile.

bcn2.jpg

bcn3.jpg

bcn.jpg

Directing School 2015 will be the PD of the unexpected KBS hit melodrama Secret (Secret Love) while the script will be co-written by two KBS newbie writers who have done one drama special apiece. One wrote the Jung So Min-Kim Ji Seok sad drama You Came to Me and Became a Star while the other did One Perfect Day with Jung Soo Ah. I don’t necessarily think School 2015 had such trouble casting because the script is crap or the drama is primed to be DOA. Both Kang Min Hyuk and Lee Yoo Bi are at the cusp of being able to still believably play high school students and maybe neither wanted dip a toe into the School franchise after doing decently on their acting careers so far. I’m game for both newbie-ish male leads Nam Joo Hyuk and Yook Sun Jae to impress me with their first lead gigs, my memory of their previous performances is murky at best but at least I don’t recall being actively annoyed with their acting.

School 2015 still without leading man, courts Yook Sung-jae to star by girlfriday | March 31, 2015 | 20 Comments

YookSungJae1.jpg

Okay, so leading man-boy might be more accurate for a series like Who Are You–School 2015, but the point is that the drama can’t seem to keep a leading actor interested for more than a week. First Kang Min-hyuk, then Nam Joo-hyuk, and now KBS’s next Monday-Tuesday drama still doesn’t have a leading man for a show that starts in less than a month.

The newest name in consideration is idol-actor Yook Sung-jae of BtoB, who made his television debut as Sook-sookie in Answer Me 1994, then went on to play the middle brother in Plus Nine Boys. He had a cute storyline in that drama, and though he’s still young and is known mostly as that kid in Answer Me who looks like Seo In-gook, he had enough to do in Plus Nine Boys that I thought he had potential for comedy and drama.

I do like that they’re aging down with each casting round to match Kim So-hyun (Reset), who has signed on to play the heroine(s) — a pair of twins whose fates get swapped. If he signs on, Yook Sung-jae will play the star athlete of the school, which is not unlike his cocky judo athlete character in Plus Nine Boys.

I found him endearing in that show, so I can see this pairing working out; though at this point I’m more worried about the production getting a cast together in time. Hope it’s not a sign of backstage drama before the show even makes it on the air.

Who Are You–School 2015 follows Blood and premieres April 27.

Via Osen

Tbh I'm not too happy about the male leads. I wanted at least one male lead that could act his socks off especially since Kim So Hyun is an amazing actress. But I'm going to keep my expectations low and hope for the best... I'm realy iffy about the premise of the series though...

School 2015 still without leading man, courts Yook Sung-jae to starby girlfriday | March 31, 2015

YookSungJae1.jpg

Okay, so leading man-boy might be more accurate for a series like Who Are You–School 2015, but the point is that the drama can’t seem to keep a leading actor interested for more than a week. First Kang Min-hyuk, then Nam Joo-hyuk, and now KBS’s next Monday-Tuesday drama still doesn’t have a leading man for a show that starts in less than a month.

The newest name in consideration is idol-actor Yook Sung-jae of BtoB, who made his television debut as Sook-sookie in Answer Me 1994, then went on to play the middle brother in Plus Nine Boys. He had a cute storyline in that drama, and though he’s still young and is known mostly as that kid in Answer Me who looks like Seo In-gook, he had enough to do in Plus Nine Boys that I thought he had potential for comedy and drama.

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/03/school-2015-still-without-leading-man-courts-yook-sung-jae-to-star/

@anon0503_stv
I am actually a little positive on sung jae all because I loved him as a hapless fool in plus nine boys. But I get your sentiment about the disparity in the acting chops. That is why I have been hoping for someone like Kwak dong yeon take over the lead role. he is one awesome actor. or maybe seo young ju. or if not them, maybe Lee hyunwoo. but I guess seeing that they already have a seasoned actress in the fry with KSH, they would have been going off the usual school franchise ways if they cast known actors like LHW... but still kwak dong yeon or SYJ would have been perfect!

@CZAKHAREINA-
I agree with KDY! It's weird that they didn't cast him since he's from FNS and he's been saying that he like KSH. I would of loved LHW too but it wouldn't make sense to cast him if they already have KSH.

Netizen's reactions:
OSEN - Naver: Kim So Hyun, Nam Joo Hyuk and Yook Sung Jae confirmed for 'Who Are You- School 2015'

1. [+724, -22] I feel uneasy with these males leads... Not an anti-fan of Nam Joo Hyuk and Yook Sung Jae though...

2. [+652, -27] Nam Joo Hyuk...? Yook Sung Jae...? Director, you don't like me, right? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+602, -25] The 2015 version will be boring. Lee Jong Seok and Kim Woo Bin were jjang

4. [+478, -31] Ha; Why give lead roles to kids who have very little acting experience?

5. [+344, -26] To be honest, I'm not liking thisㅠ ㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+80, -5] Nam Joo Hyuk doesn't have any acting talent...

7. [+82, -7] Model vs Idol. Battle of foot acting ㄷㄷㄷ (note: foot acting= bad acting)

8. [+73, -6] I always look forward to 'School' series but why Nam Joo Hyuk and Yook Sung Jae?.....So Hyun's gonna do all the work~~

9. [+71, -8] I really like Nam Joo Hyuk but I don't think he's fit for a lead role yetㅠㅠ Isn't Yook Sung Jae an idol..? Just give the role to a  talented rookie actor or what about Yeo Jin Goo?!!!!!! Or Yoo Seung Ho ㅠㅠ

10. [+47, -1] The 2013 version was the best. Go Nam Soon, Park Heung Soo, Oh Jung Ho, Lee Yi Kyung, Lee Ji Hoon

11. [+35, -2] Just give the chance to rookie actors... Dramas are so saturated with idols lately.

Hopefully the male leads can prove them wrong...

[+71, -8] I really like Nam Joo Hyuk but I don't think he's fit for a lead role yetㅠㅠ Isn't Yook Sung Jae an idol..? Just give the role to a  talented rookie actor or what about Yeo Jin Goo?!!!!!! Or Yoo Seung Ho ㅠㅠ

The person who made this comment doesnt know that Yeo Jin Go is actually starring in a new drama Orange Marmalade where he is opposite idols also... additionally I doubt Yoo SeungHo will accept project that is highschool themed at this time, he already had 2 dramas with these theme --- operation proposal and God of Study. and as much as he is such a baby face, I think he is ready to graduate from those roles...especially after his MS.

I am really sad that Kwak DongYeon is not in this drama. I guess he has something that is why he was not able to be in this....

So many conflicting news but so far i am not as aggravated as i thought with the casting. i am still wishinh for KDY but i know it is such a pipe dream. Anyway the cast update in asiawiki:

CAST
Kim So-Hyun - Lee Eun-Bi / Lee Eun-Byeol
Nam Ju-Hyuk - Han Yi-An
Yook Sung-Jae - Kong Tae-Gwang
Kim Hee-Jung - Cha Song-Joo
Lee Cho-Hee - Lee Shi-Jin
David Lee - Park Min-Joon

PS: finally was able to check who david lee is, and he was the terrorist in terror live. acting wise, he had a big role yet small acting moment, but i like him. Happy for him to be in this drama

czakhareina said: [+71, -8] I really like Nam Joo Hyuk but I don't think he's fit for a lead role yetㅠㅠ Isn't Yook Sung Jae an idol..? Just give the role to a  talented rookie actor or what about Yeo Jin Goo?!!!!!! Or Yoo Seung Ho ㅠㅠ

The person who made this comment doesnt know that Yeo Jin Go is actually starring in a new drama Orange Marmalade where he is opposite idols also... additionally I doubt Yoo SeungHo will accept project that is highschool themed at this time, he already had 2 dramas with these theme --- operation proposal and God of Study. and as much as he is such a baby face, I think he is ready to graduate from those roles...especially after his MS.

I am really sad that Kwak DongYeon is not in this drama. I guess he has something that is why he was not able to be in this....

Hello Venus” Yooyoung to play bad girl in upcoming KBS drama “School 2015″

Hello Venus” Yooyoung to play bad girl in upcoming KBS drama “School 2015″

Hello Venus member Yooyoung will be playing the role of a bad girl in the upcoming sixth installment of KBS"s "School" series, "School 2015"!

Yooyoung is set to take on the role of Jo He Na, who loves to go clubbing and wear her trademark smoky eye makeup, earning her the nickname "Kungfu Panda". The Hello Venus member stated, "I was a fan of the "School" series since before my debut. It"s really an honor to star in it. More than anything, it"s my first project working with peers my age, so I"m looking forward to it. As my role is one who has a strong personality, I"ll try to become an energetic character for the drama."

Viewers may remember Yooyoung from the SBS drama "Wonderful Mama" and MBC"s "Cunning Single Lady". 

In related news, Kim So HyunNam Joo Hyuk, and BTOB"s Sungjae have been confirmed as the leads. The show will be airing after "Blood" on April 27!

ALLKPOP

Character Description of the leads
School: SeKang High School (a prestigious high school in Gangnam)

Lee EunBi (Kim SoHyun) - an outcast-turn-popular girl in school. She is good in studies and pretty - the perfect example of 'mum's friend's good daughter' 

Han AhIn (Nam JooHyuk) - a bright swimmer who has won 4 awards in a row. He has been receiving the spotlight from media as an excellent sportsman with good looks. He is cool on the outside, but he actually cares for other people.

Gong TaeKwang (Yook Sungjae) - the worst time-bomb rascal in the school who had committed violence, vandalism and open blackmails. Due to these acts, he was suspended and transferred from schools to schools. He is a special student in SeKang High School, which is also the last place he could go.

Credit: MrsDooB2uty
Kim So Hyun posted on her twitter on the 1st of April that they held script reading that day. I hope KBS know what they're doing because a really little time left to the premiere. 

Archived