[Drama 2015] Who Are You: School 2015 후아유: 학교 2015 | Mon - Tue 10 pm KST

czakhareina

I think I read somewhere that Kim So Hyun is like 16 whilst Nam Joo-hyuk is 21 so perhaps that is the reason >.< shame they couldn't get a body double muwahaha! I would of liked to have seen a kiss too

I argue: IN this drama there was 2 16 year old Kim So Hyun's!! so together that makes for one 32 year old Kim So Hyun... problem solved.

basic math^^

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sivy44

Haha I give you that, but as flysinger mentioned rightly so, the target audience is likely the main reason.

I think I read somewhere that Kim So Hyun is like 16 whilst Nam Joo-hyuk is 21 so perhaps that is the reason >.< shame they couldn't get a body double muwahaha! I would of liked to have seen a kiss too

I argue: IN this drama there was 2 16 year old Kim So Hyun's!! so together that makes for one 32 year old Kim So Hyun... problem solved.

basic math^^

Haha I give you that, but as flysinger mentioned rightly so, the target audience is likely the main reason.

basic math^^

What target audience doesn't like kissess! foolish people^^,

Since the drama ended, I've gotten my life back... but is anyone else experiencing major School 2015 withdrawal symptoms?!?! I might have to have another go at the whole series again soon. :blink:

Just for fun: What are your favourite characters' parts or scenes?

YA - When he was walking toward amnesiatic Ebi in the hospital. I don't know if that was his model walk or something but he was just....so drool worthy in that scene. His looks and that look he was giving Ebi :w00t:. It was prob that exact moment l became a YA fan :D

TK - When he got hit upside the head by Ebyul lol. That or the crab date w Ebi. His reactions were just too funny/cute!

Ebi - When she gave YA her medal and Ep. 16 when both boys wanted to walk her home from the academy (and they were doing the whole Ebi tug-o-war thing again) and she said she wanted to walk home alone lol. Good to see her not be dependent on a guy!

Ebyul - When she stomped on KSY's phone (pure badass) and when her and YA confronted the future of their friendship. It was nice seeing her vulnerable and open with her feelings for a change.

Favourite Scene: l think it was Ep. 8 when TK yanked Ebi from the school once he found out her true identity. As they were boarding the bus, YA gets off and happens to glance back, sees them, and starts chasing after the bus lol. I just love this scene; how it was shot (with the slow-mo and angles), the music, the intensity of emotions, the metaphor it hinted at (l mentioned in another post about the coming/going of the buses as symbolic of Yibi's relationship at the time) etc. Thought it was so well done.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and that you're all coping with S15 withdrawal symptoms well too :D

Guest snowstorm87

@jstarr23_stv I like what you said about the coming/going of the bus as a metaphor for YA/EB. It's so great that the timing at the end was just right that they finally rode the same bus again.

Here are some of the most memorable, symbolic, and bittersweet scenes for me:

We don’t know how long EB is looking at YA before he notices her. But it’s in that moment that EB decides that she will do anything to help relieve his pain so that he will go back to the old HYA. For YA, he said goodbye to the childhood EunByul and he’s startled to see EB in the bus next to him. It’s as if he wants to call out to her as he’s watching her on the departing bus because it also pains him that their distance is growing. 

This hospital door confession is so symbolic and bittersweet. We finally get to hear EB’s heartfelt feelings of why she’s persistent in visiting YA. Without her knowledge, her feelings do reach him beyond the door that’s separating them but he can’t answer her yet. Again, just like with the departing bus scene, they’re so close yet so far from each other. And after these scenes, it just makes his confession in ep 15 more heartwarming when YA chooses to close the distance between by walking toward her. 

IMO, this was the best YA/EunByul scene. This was when YA finally understands what EunByul means by growing up and changing. Some of the best dialogues in the drama are in YA/EunByul scenes because it leaves us feeling nostalgic when we realize that things can’t always stay the same. Every YA/EunByul interaction and dialogue serves to reinforce the theme of growing up. It’s almost like a dreamy scene that shows that YA has placed the childhood EunByul on a pedestal for the past 10 years and he’s looking up this past image of EunByul whom he can never reach. The first few seconds of preview for episode 15 really portray this idea as YA repeats her words about changing in the background and then the preview cuts to EB’s smiling face because EB is now the present. Another worthy mention is the last YA/EunByul scene when YA splashes water at her and quickly moves far away enough so that she can’t hit him with her slipper. It really shows that he understands that they have changed. He’s no longer waiting for her because he knows she won’t reciprocate by splashing water back at him like EB does.

@snowstorm87 ohh ya that hospital door scene was a good one too. I think the part where TK places Ebi's head on his shoulder to cry was so touching as well. I wish Ebi had given more back to TK on a friendship level. I know her mind was primarily on YA and KSY... AND the Soo In case... but TK has been such an amazing friend to her. It was sweet of her to be by his side when he got sick though.

I agree with your thoughts on the theme of growing up. Sometimes its hard to let go or accept when things have changed. But its a life skill we develop as we get older (and mature) to gracefully accept and welcome change.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm late to join the fun but better late than never right? 

I need to backread 350 pages, when will I finish it? Sigh... and I still rewatching this drama or more accurately YA-EBi moments , twice a day that's my doses lol.

About kiss scene, I think it's not because of audience, most of school drama there're kiss scene on it just like TTBY, Heirs, Monstar. It's because the storyline didn't fit for kiss scene. When EBi poses as EBy, EBy didn't romantically involved with YA, and when she find her place as EBi she just started with YA. Although I will fly to the moon if there is kiss scene between YA-EBi, but I satisfied with the ending. It's fits well. YA is not a straightforward person like TK, he's mostly subtle with his words. He never said he likes EBi directly, right? He just said he can wait longer for her. So it's out of character for him to kiss EBi. 

Rethinking again moment when YA mad at EBi after his injuries, he's really mad because at that time he didn't understand why he abandoned the competition, ruined his father and his coach' hopes on him (also the only thing that make he proud of himself because he didn't have good grade) only for a girl who lied and betrayed him? The logic doesn't make sense. it's connected with the quote, before you think it over in your mind, your heart already knows the answer. 

Beside that it's also hurts him, every time he always think about her, wants to help her in any way, but the one who she disclose about herself first is TK. 

But finally he knows the reason she hesitant to reveal herself. Not because he's less important than TK to her, but because she scared his affections to her will vanish the moment he knows it. Even if he said he liked "new EBy" more than old one, she can't be sure his feelings to her will remain the same.

He needed time to accept it (sadly they make it too long and gave TK ticket to be EBi's protector)

I do think his words really cruel to her, saying he doesn't want to see her etc.. so it serves him right TK stole a kiss, good revenge lol. But it also make him step up to his feelings. And the rooftoop man to man confession, it's just awesome. Straightforward Yi An, how cool is it. And TK knew it really well, he doesn't have a chance to win EBi's heart once YA step up the game. 

And about Eun bi hold back herself from YA, it's not means she waver by TK. She never think of him romantically. It's clear. I thought she restrain herself to get close with YA, like when she hesitant to tell her phone number, because she feel guilty to EBy, she thought before YA likes EBy so it looks like she snatch her sister's loved one. Until when EBy draw a clear line, told her she always remain friend with YA, so it's up to her to accept his feelings or not. Cupid EBy lol. It's frustating her to see their actions, so she gave them courage to confess their feelings. 

On the side note, is there anyone root for EBy-TK pairing? I like their scenes. Similar personality, who will win? Haha...

Why I like Yi An? Maybe because he is an athlete, I have soft spot for athletes. But really, they should make TK have a goal in his life rather than chasing a girl. Something that he can be proud of himself. he looked like a lazy and bad boy to me.

So the formula is bad hero meet with kind hearted heroine that will change his life to be a better person? This drama didn't follow that formula so it gets many hate lol.

Now this is my number 1 best drama. Best Cast, great acting, lovely storyline, and amazing soundtrack. I give it 9/10 for the lack of Yi An character development. I want to see more of his training scenes beside repeated swimming scenes. 

Also the ratings ruined the story. I prefer they shoot fully before broadcast it so the ratings wouldn't effect storyline. 

Guest snowstorm87

^ Yeah I agree with how YA was frustrated that TK knew EB’s identity before he did. That adds more depth to her hospital confession when YA hears her raw feelings. And lol to the part about revenge on YA. That was the main reason the story had him witness it. Though he clearly tells TK that what he has seen or heard up to that point doesn’t matter. 

I thought TK/EunByul might seem like a good pair until ep 15 when EunByul approaches TK telling him that she doesn’t like him hanging around EB. So it doesn’t seem like it’ll ever work out for them. 

EB was the kind hearted heroine who changed TK for the better, but they couldn’t stay as just friends and they couldn’t be more than friends. For EB, she never saw him as more than a friend. For TK, he always wanted to be more than friends with her and that’s why EB pointed out that he’s lying at the last episode when he said that he’s satisfied with the current status of their relationship (friends). It was to the point that EB felt that it would be better her to distance herself so that he could move on because she felt sorry every time she saw him that she couldn’t give him what he wanted. But what TK really needed the whole time was solid friendship so it was disappointing that he couldn’t be close friends with ShiJin, SongJoo, YA, or GiTae. The ending for TK-EB ambiguous though. Did TK ever move on or did he have lingering feelings as he ran to see her on the rooftop? Though the story did give him Teacher Kim during the 6 month time skip and maybe he became a good student 

@snowstorm87  yeah TK needs other friends, but I doubt it, as you pointed out Eun Byul acts to him, the other might be feel the same.  They think he is crazy boy. Only Eun Bi that kind enough to befriend with him. 

Archived