[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

34 minutes ago, bratita said:

Hi. Would just like to ask if anyone here knows what car was SDY driving when he was with MJ after the cafe scene. Thanks. 

you can watch it @viki.com, but you 'll need viki pass, also it is only licensed in certain countries 
http://www.viki.com/videos/1097115v-descendants-of-the-sun-episode-13

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kdramad said:

GUYS!!! I just remembered this BTS video that was released some time ago of Jin Goo and Song Joong Ki and LOOK the first scene of this video hasn't append yet!! And they are both alive and well, so it must mean our captain survives right? They are both hugging and happy in the rain with an umbrella, check it out!

I believe that's a flashback of the day when Dae-young crashed his ex GF wedding with Myeong-joo, this is the probably the moment Dae-young keeps his word and goes to inform his new commanding officer of that he is dating Myeong-joo. For some reason, Shi-jin looks younger in this vid, doesn't he?

• Like 15

Spoiler

DE4cVI.gif

ZSVOMV.gif

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Pal Around Hong Kong to Promote Descendants of the Sun

Posted on April 6, 2016 by ockoala

Spoiler

saddask

In a nice fanservice treat to the hordes of drama fans of Descendants of the Sun, the leads jetted off to Hong Kong this week for a promotional event that is giving shipper dreams a nice boost. Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo, along with members of their drama support staff, have been cheerfully going through the media gauntlet in Hong Kong to shill for DotS, which would seem unnecessarily since the drama is selling itself by this point. That doesn’t mean their hanging out again to do press for the drama isn’t a good thing, and for me it’s good because there are tons of cute pictures to come out as well as knowing the hardworking leads are enjoying some down time in the city. Song Hye Kyo is especially generous with the goodies, posting a slew of adorable snaps with her male lead Song Joong Ki, evidencing a comfortable camaraderie but definitely still no signs of whatever offscreen chemistry viewers may be hoping for .

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/06/song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyo-pal-around-hong-kong-to-promote-descendants-of-the-sun/

=====================================

Song Joong Ki Talks About “Running Man” and Lee Kwang Soo’s “Descendants of the Sun” Cameo

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/06/song-joong-ki-talks-about-running-man-and-lee-kwang-soos-descendants-of-the-sun-cameo/

another article

Song Joong-ki, "Touched by Lee Gwang-soo's cameo appearance. Considering to appear in 'Running Man'"

2016/04/06 

photo710176.jpg

Song Joong-ki showed off his friendship with Lee Gwang-soo during his interview with a media in Hong Kong.

April 6th, Hong Kong Oriental Daily online revealed Song Joong-ki's interview, which happened on the previous day. During the interview, Song Joong-ki talked about episodes with his close friend Lee Gwang-soo.

Song Joong-ki listed Lee Gwang-soo's cameo appearance in 'Descendants of the Sun' as one of the most memorable moments. Song Joong-ki said, "We are so close I felt really comfortable when we filmed the scene" and "He filmed "Running Man" on the previous night before his cameo appearance. He probably could not sleep a minute and must have been really tired. He still did his best. I was really touched and thankful".

When he was asked about the possibility to guest-appear in "Running Man", Song Joong-ki said, "Any time" ""Running Man" is like my home town. It an opportunity comes around, I want to appear".

Song Joong-ki also talked about the digitally edited image showing 'Descendants of th Sun' Song Hye-kyo's face was replaced with Lee Gwang-soo's face, which drew much attention in Korea as well as China. Song Joong-ki said, "I was actually so surprised. I thought it was Song Hye-kyo when I was it from a distance. But it was Gwang-soo's face. Song Hye-kyo and Lee Gwang-soo do not look alike at all. Looking back, it is a good memory". He also added, "Lee Gwang-soo sent me the image from Hong Kong before. I deleted it right away".

While Hong Kong ViuTV starts broadcasting 'Descendants of the Sun', Song Joong-ki along with Song Hye-kyo visited Hong Kong. Song Joong-ki will take a break in Hong Kong until April 10th and return to Korea.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

c Hancinema

=====================================================================================

2nd to that @ktiminie High 5

DescendantsOfTheSunCaptain.png E13 33.5% (+0.5)

Photo from dots.kdrama

c as labeled

• Like 22

Why did I get the impression that Lee Chi Hoon and his very pregnant wife had already did "it" when the doctor was telling them that it would be best for them not to have sex since the baby is due in a few weeks?  Sorry sister, you should have met him when he first got off the plane to give him that bit of advice...Lol!!!

When DY finally told MY that he loves her....I thought that was so sweet. She thought he was telling her that because he was about to break up with her, but he was just telling her that he loved her.  I truly love this side couple.  They have such great chemistry together, just like the lead couple.

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

I believe that's a flashback of the day when Dae-young crashed his ex GF wedding with Myeong-joo, this is the probably the moment Dae-young keeps his word and goes to inform his new commanding officer of that he is dating Myeong-joo. For some reason, Shi-jin looks younger in this vid, doesn't he?

Oh you think so? that could be possible too.. so if it is a flashback would we be seeing it from SDY or YSJ? :/  Ahh I just hope both of them are okay..... I'm confident they will be! I mean there's still 3 episodes left, if they killed YSJ tomorrow what would the last 2 eps be about? On the bright side, if what you said is true and it's indeed a flashback maybe we will get to see some of SDY and YSJ's relationship in the past, like how they met and got friends and stuff

• Like 4

Just now, lclarakl said:

Why did I get the impression that Lee Chi Hoon and his very pregnant wife had already did "it" when the doctor was telling them that it would be best for them not to have sex since the baby is due in a few weeks?  Sorry sister, you should have met him when he first got off the plane to give him that bit of advice...Lol!!!

Glad that I was not the only one who thought that way! It's impossible for them to actually be awkard at this stage of marriage, they must have done it countlessly and feel shy after being probed by the doctor. The father to be is a doctor as well, how can he not know?

Wow, this father to be had not gone in the army as told in the storyline right? I didn't know korea allowed their men to be doctors before conscription Falls upon them.

BTW, seriously, did our Sgt Maj had to break up? They fought so hard to be together yet broke so easily cause of anger.

It must have took alot for sgtmaj to quit army and go be a civilian. Army is basically his life. But I really respect what he had said. He wanted his ability and effort to be recognised by the commander on a professional level, to show that he is as competent and as indispensable as any other officer.

When he heard that the commander might ask him to stay because of his daughter wish would clearly undermine his ability and take a huge hit on his ego. He would never step out of that shadow if the latter was true.

What really respected me was that he said, whatever promises you made is with your daughter. There's nothing with me. If I had to give up something for her, I would gladly do it.

This whole scene was just so so awesome

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

Translation to New OST by M.C. THE MAX :tears:

I’ll become a small gust of wind
Quietly leaning against your back for a moment
So even if the wind blows like a coincidence
You can feel my touch

Do we really need the typical words of I love you?
Because you are already my everything

Because I couldn’t tell you, because I couldn’t say it
This cruel love makes my heart want to explode
Do you know?
I miss you so much that I can’t stand it
You became my everything

This love had started from the beginning

Is it possible to be this in love?
You’ve colored my entire heart
Even though I’m not good at being in love
I can’t lose you for a single moment

Do we really need the typical words of I love you?
Because you are already my everything

Do you know?
You became my everything

I’m looking at you, passing by along with the wind
I can’t stand a single moment of being far away from you

Do you know?
You became my everything

This love had started from the beginning

(This song is so heartbreaking. It sounds like a poem to KMY from YSJ. They really don't need the typical words of "I Love You". Their actions speak louder than their words. Ahh my precious OTP :tears:

Omg! This song is what I'm saying! They haven't said I love you yet but their action say it all!! Love it!! Thank you for the translation! 

• Like 9

YSJ and KMY were soooo cute in episode 13 (I can repeat all those scenes for the whole day)...just enough to keep my mind off its last scene. Trying to be optimistic here but I do think Captain Yoo will survive...he's a fighter. :)

• Like 11

I just finished backtracking and I would like to point out some things:

- I've seen some people say that this episode was a bit boring and slow but to be honest I was expecting it to be.. DOTS follows a pattern that after an intense episode the next one is a bit more slow and with romantic scenes. I personally love the romantic/funny scenes so I'm happy with today's episode hehe. Tomorrow's episode is probably going to be really intense so we will get more action tomorrow

- I'm a bit disappointed with Yoo Ah In's cameo too, I honestly wanted him to be Yoongi and cause YSJ to be jealous but I guess it would be a bit random for Yoongi to suddenly appear out of nowhere haha, also we might see Yoo Ah in again! Who knows, maybe in the ending we will see MY actually get her loan and get her own clinic so we might see him again

- About our second couple's kiss.. well I was disappointed too and it definitely wasn't a good kiss, the whole thing with the car was careless and dumb but at least we got a kiss from them... secondary couples usually don't have kissing scenes so I'm glad we got one, even though it wasn't the best one.. and again, who knows we might get another one (and a better one) in the ending

- People have also been talking about the bulletproof vest and why weren't they wearing one and like some people have already mentioned they were doing a rehearsal! It wasn't the real thing and you could see they were all relaxed since SDY is even eating chocolate.. I also don't think the NK soldier was the one who hurt YSJ.. I think he was actually there to warn them about the real danger; and I think he will die tomorrow..

- Finally after today's episode I'm even more convinced our couple will go back to Urk in the last episode, MY mentioned the stone again and it would be a good closure for it do end in Urk since a big part of this drama happens there.. I also think we will get to say proper goodbye to Daniel and his wife in this last trip since we weren't able to in these last episodes.. I don't think the writers would just abandon these characters when they had somehow a significant role with our main characters; I think we will see them again in the last episode. And no I don't think YSJ will die, like I've already said we still have 3 episodes left so if they kill YSJ tomorrow what else can happen in the last 2 episodes?

- Which brings me to my final point, if YSJ survives (which i'm sure he will) I wonder what our last conflict will be? I mean what will happen in the last 2 episodes? It appears that everything has happened to our couple already.. they have both been in life threatening situations and have both accepted each other and their feelings so I wonder what suspense will the last 2 episodes have..

• Like 22

@phitznotrobot i am sorry i can't delete this tag..

@gilaswan don't u want to make more fanfic? It can help me to stop thinking about YSJ getting shot (eventhough i know he is gonna be okay, but i am little bit afraid)...can i request the scene about the drunk scene? When YSJ stay and KMY's mom leave...thank you

• Like 6

1 hour ago, viyra said:

Lighten up peeps - why is everybody talking about a dying lead actor in a drama?  Was there ever a drama you all have watched where the main actor died with 3 episodes left to see?  If this is a horror drama, probably going to happen - so that we can see the ghost of Capt. Yoo SiJin.  Even in the underrated drama Punch, with the main actor dying in a few days or hours, was kept alive until the last episode

exactly ! But I can't say the same for the second male lead! *sob sob

• Like 12

Look....how helpless my life nowadays because the first thing that i thought after woke up is this drama....and the first thing than i did this morning is open soompi forum,checked the rating and make this comment...i keep thinking about the rating from last night episode (i was just lucky can get sleep yesterday after that full of worries) and thinking what the story that will be showed today..and of course my bih worries over YSJ condition too....i really cant see him being that hurt..full of blood...and pale face...helpless...dying....like that..i already know what happen with YSJ in the ending of this episode by the live recappers, i thought i was ready and strong enough to see the ending scene, but it turned out i was just the weak one...very very weak,,,saw my full of smile, full of jokes, full of competency captain YSJ being shot and dying like that. I think i was more shocked than what KMY did, until now i still cant accept that reality and hope that was just a nightmare. but NO....thats real..

The netizen upvote in YSJ article isnt joke...12k and it still going on..most of ppl in the world not only korea must worried over YSJ condition...TT.TT..YSJ please be save...i cant see you being hurt for long time...even just one episode or just a few minute is already hurt me...TT.TT...and please never make ARGUS tagline being true..."and then one day, pyuuuuuu he'll never come back"...this line really really scared me since the first episode...argus argus why you keep bothering me even after you already died..TT.TT

wow.....the rating still keep going up...and going up...though yesterday episode kinda like descendants of the PPL...lol at netizen comment but yeah thats true..like i said before...welcome back to korea and welcome to PPL too....like an open arm to ppl when they are back to korea,,,hahahahahaha...btw still congratulation DOTS for breaking its own record again...lets break again in today episode....all the cliffhanger yesterday i hope can bring the high ratings for today

now...time to torturing myself from waiting until 10PM KST...the new episode of dots...please no more cliffhanger episode..and please give me a proper preview today..i wont survive for waiting one week if both of it happen tonight...and the thought about next week is the final week of DOTS will make it worse..oh my heart...poor you dear...TT.TT,,

(ah i need to see ep 13 engsub too...i keep forget it because the only thing that i thought is YSJ and episode 14..)

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

When DY finally told MY that he loves her....I thought that was so sweet. She thought he was telling her that because he was about to break up with her, but he was just telling her that he loved her.  I truly love this side couple.  They have such great chemistry together, just like the lead couple.

^LOL I had the same impression too when the doctor told Chi Hoon and his wife to not do it. The way they looked at each other was like two kids that got caught doing sth bad :P

It's great to see everyone back in Korea and living their usual normal life again. I laughed seeing SJ & MY drunk scene. SJ trying to hit on MY and not remembering that she is his girlfriend and MY telling her mom about SJ''s job but doesn't recall that he is her boyfriend haha  I love how in this episode we get to see both main leads getting jealous and calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend in front of others. It all feels so surreal .:wub: Also, i love the coffee shop double date!  It was funny when the waiter said you guys came with different girlfriends this time and our two ladies looked like they were about to kill someone lol . Sigh,If only these happy moments lasted longer :( The ending left me shocked!! All those blood on SJ, it looked as if he got shot many times :tears: Seeing MY's  face was heartbreaking because her worse fear has come true....

• Like 22