[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 hour ago, Dramaniac said:

Anyone else feel like episode twelve could have totally been a finale?

I mean there is the love lines tied up, the main villan problem solved, the opened ended idea of a new ending?

Just throwing my thoughts out there. 

Yes, ep 2 could have ended the whole series everyone happy.....we could then have a sequel later..

but now, 4 episodes to go...what going to happen?   And if the finale ends with sad ending, everyone will riot...

• Like 3

@gilaswan well let me know if u have a blog..i will be your fans..wkwkw

U know after rewatching dots from the begining for i don't know how many times. I realize when director of hospital (i forgot his name) insist to foot the bill for his staff can return safely. We thought what happen with him, isn't he a jerk, maybe he worry about KMY bcoz he still like her. But now i know..he worry bcoz LCH still in urk and he afraid of LCH's familly bcoz the hospital land is LCH's apparantely...

Kim Ji Won Shares Why She Thinks Females Like Her Character in “Descendants of the Sun”

Kim-Ji-Won-800x450.png

On March 2, Kim Ji Won was interviewed during a segment of KBS 2TV‘s “Entertainment Weekly.” The MC immediately compliments her on her petite face, to which Kim Ji Won smiles and says, “I think I just grew up this way.”

First Lieutenant Yoon Myung Joo, Kim Ji Won’s character in “Descendants of the Sun,” as well as the actress herself, is currently one of the most popular women on television, especially amongst females. Kim Ji Won explains, “People seem to say Yoon Myung Joo is a ‘girl crush.’ I think they like that she is independent, and protects more than she receives protection.”

Kim Ji Won recalls one of the scenes she remembers the most as when her character was “talking with Seo Dae Young in the hospital. We put in a lot of effort while filming that scene, but they edited it beautifully as well. As for the coolest scene, she explains Song Joong Ki‘s “Then, save him” scene was “really impressive. End of story.”

descendants-of-the-sun-e1459645079222.jp

During the interview, she also expresses her thoughts on the “GuWon couple,” and even gives Jin Goo (who plays Seo Dae Young) a call. As the youngest member of the main cast, she constantly thanks her seniors for taking care of her so well during filming.

search : soompi

• Like 11

Another version of Big Boss :lol:

Photo from erlangga091

(Yonhap Interview) 'Descendants of the Sun' producer feels scared by drama's stunning popularity

SEOUL, April 3 (Yonhap) -- The chief producer of "Descendants of the Sun" on Sunday said he feels "scared" by the show's skyrocketing popularity both in South Korea and China.

"I knew 'Descendants of the Sun' would do well but certainly not this much. I am totally overwhelmed by it all and a bit scared," Bae Kyung-soo, the chief producer of the series, said during an interview with Yonhap News Agency.

Bae, one of the drama's producers at the territorial network KBS on which the show is broadcast, wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Saying they feel "surprised" or "happy" would be the understatement of the year, many people inside the production team expressed similar feelings, like "the popularity has totally gotten out of control" or "I am bewildered by the popularity and feel a bit scared," according to him.

A scene from "Descendants of the Sun" with Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) and Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) (Yonhap)

The series has added a new chapter to Korean drama history by surpassing the 30 percent viewer rate for the first time in four years. In China, the accumulated number of keyword searches on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, amounted to an astonishing 7.5 billion.

Bae said he expected the meteoric rise of the main actor Song Joong-ki, who plays Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin, at a faster speed than the one of Kim Soo-hyun from "My Love from the Star." The good cast and interesting storyline were icing on the cake, he said.

Spoiler

A scene from "Descendants of the Sun" with Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Yonhap)

The series took more than five years to actually come into production and to finally broadcast in Korea and China at the same time. According to Bae, so many staff and interested parties put efforts together to overcome a slew of unexpected roadblocks and make that happen.

"We couldn't find a single precedent where a pre-produced drama hit it off. Its huge scale didn't help either. But we decided to go for it. If we hadn't aggressively tackled the challenges, we wouldn't have been able to make it," he said, citing the outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome as one of the major obstructions to the production.

Spoiler

An official poster for SBS TV's "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap)

The romance between the Army captain and Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) is behind the huge popularity, but he noted that the humanitarian touch of the dedication of a soldier and a doctor seems to move viewers. "Selfless dedication and humanitarian causes, which all societies need but always feel a lack of, might have touched people's hearts," he said.

Though some critics point out that the series forces patriotism on people, Bae said: "'Descendants of the Sun' is not a documentary. And just think about how you become a patriot without really realizing it when you are overseas fulfilling your duty for your nation."

Based on the experiences this time, a second and third "Descendants of the Sun" should keep coming, Bae emphasized.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

• Like 20

Hi everyone! New poster here! Lurked for about 400 pages before deciding to register for an account. The obsession is unreal! hahaha

Don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but I was watching some episodes again, and in episode 5 when YSJ went to get the walkie talkies from Daniel, he said to him "since this might be the last time you see this walkie talkie, say your last words to it" and KMY just gave him the stink eye. HAHA thought it was amusing because she did indeed wreck the walkie talkie, no thanks to Argus! :sweatingbullets:

Edited by lizzzie
  • Like 14

Love what the article said @IrisFM   meteoric is right.  surprise, happy, scary is right.  Hard to top this and expectations from producer and the rest of the cast, crew and writer, will be pressuring, as SJ K said himself on KBS9.   5 years in the making, whoa.  That did not register in my mind at the onset.  Glad this came to fruition last year and now we are DOtS addicts to the core, and to me, it will remain at the very top of my list.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Dramaniac said:

Anyone else feel like episode twelve could have totally been a finale?

I mean there is the love lines tied up, the main villan problem solved, the opened ended idea of a new ending?

Just throwing my thoughts out there. 

I agree! I felt contented after watching the episode, only because it seemed like everything fell into place and everyone's happy. But we need more of the drama so no... 4 more episodes to go, oh no. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the ending or not :bawling:

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, lizzzie said:

Don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but I was watching some episodes again, and in episode 5 when YSJ went to get the walkie talkies from Daniel, he said to him "since this might be the last time you see this walkie talkie, say your last words to it" and KMY just gave him the stink eye. HAHA thought it was amusing because she did indeed wreck the walkie talkie, no thanks to Argus! :sweatingbullets:

Oh my. I didn't realise that. So much clues. It's like Easter eggs carefully planted all over the drama. I guess I need to rewatch again (haven't yet because line is so slow here). 

Anyone spotted any other Easter eggs? I know currently we have these (unaccounted for) :-

1. The bathtub of KMY (sure smtg about it in ep13)

2. The white stone

3. Argus's line to KMY; "One day he will never come back." (Referring to YSJ)

4. Daniel telling KMY to give me a call if she ever feels like volunteering 

• Like 16

tumblr_o3fr3buzcW1tkneo3o1_540.gif

crto

This scene is so beautiful. She did not take his hand when he offered it to her coz earlier he had told her he was part of the love triangle with SDY & YMJ. I think she was a little jealous even then. Perhaps, next time they can go back there together holding hands and he can propose to her as per the c-strip from @Ahpheng (can't believe we posted about similar thing)

Spoiler

We can't control something we don't have control of. Worry about what's to be will make it less enjoyable to watch. DOTS is just an amazing drama in recent time so for me personally I will just enjoy being surprise by the writers. They have been so awesome so far. There is a lesson I've learned from last episode, "erase the bad memory" as what YSJ and KMY helped each other with. I can also apply that concept too should the worst case scenario happens...they will always live forever in my memories.

• Like 24

@gilaswan  WRITE MORE.  and YES to repeatedly. :P   SJ has stamina. 

@IrisFM Yes!  Now they need to go back and have a lovey dovey time.  I know some have the idea she'll go back alone,  but that makes no sense given how KES writes. They'll reverse it and it'll be a nice scene this time instead of her pushing him away,  she'll be holding his hand this time.  

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Oh my. I didn't realise that. So much clues. It's like Easter eggs carefully planted all over the drama. I guess I need to rewatch again (haven't yet because line is so slow here). 

Anyone spotted any other Easter eggs? I know currently we have these (unaccounted for) :-

1. The bathtub of KMY (sure smtg about it in ep13)

2. The white stone

3. Argus's line to KMY; "One day he will never come back." (Referring to YSJ)

4. Daniel telling KMY to give me a call if she ever feels like volunteering 

i just imagine the worst(die) for no 3 and 4. please don't let it happen >.<

• Like 7