[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Anyone else feel like episode twelve could have totally been a finale?

I mean there is the love lines tied up, the main villan problem solved, the opened ended idea of a new ending?

Just throwing my thoughts out there. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Ohsh said:

Loving the hug scene - in my eng sub, he hugged her and said "so adorable". Is it accurate? I thought the "adorable" was a little out of place in the conversation and maybe it was ad lib again by SJK. His smirk at the end was as if he was amused that SHK managed to respond with his ad lib well. Anyone thinks like me?

What he said literally means "pretty" (ye-peu-da"). But under certain context it can mean cute/adorable. Or being favoured.

• Like 6

Let's not tthink about the ending is sad or not..its not confirmed it sad ending. Nevertheles if i remember one of the cast (jinggo if i am not wrong) say the ending will be satisfy..so we can hope that it will be ending right.. And if we think about it, junsu song is for the last right? Is not sad song but romantic song (i don't know about the lyric but to my ear its definitely not a sad song) so we can hope that our otp will not have a sad ending...

And some of ppl in this forum have ask when KMY and YSJ will break up, bcause usually the pattern of kdrama is together-break up- reunion..well let's not forget that its KES, so far until ep 12 she write the story we aren't expected. And when we think something really bad gonna happen for example like KMY will break up bcoz traumatic kidnapping or YSJ is the one who want to break up bcoz guilty feeling, but turn out itsnot happen..so lets just believe in KES..she not gonna write the story like the typical k-drama. And its not like song-song doesn't break up before..they have been separated too.. So lets just believe the happy ending...

@gilaswan you have a good imagination to make story...can u make fanfic about them? Hehe

• Like 9

Tomorrow is April 4 and we will get to see them promoting DOTS in HK. Excited to see them again soon in a public event.

SHK & SJK are so cute in this press-con clip.

tumblr_o3kkfzuhJd1uoaui7o7_r2_400.giftumblr_o3kkfzuhJd1uoaui7o9_r2_400.gif

via descendants-of-the-sun.tumblr.com

Our naughty captain :lol::lol: 

Spoiler

12446367_1733598156855290_537846274_n.jp

via exo_love_1014

Fatima is lucky to have many beautiful taken with DOTS casts,...with Jin Goo this time.

Spoiler

12934918_219803311740658_610515684_n.jpg

via series_fans_th

• Like 22

@ailenoh Hahaha... I'm not really a fanfic writer, nor even a fiction writer for that matter. I don't keep a blog and am just scribbling stuff here for the fun of it. Heh. But if you have any "requests", we could all share 'em here and we'll see what I might be able to make of them. Hahaha...

If anyone is running a DoTS blog and wants to copy these musings for archival purposes though, feel free to do so. Just let me know when you do. :) 

• Like 2

Ce41DboUYAAF7z8.jpg

Spoiler

CfFMe_QUsAATu6K.jpg

A standee of captain Yoo Shi Jin

CfDHKZZUIAAy70z.jpg

Spoiler

CfFFilsUIAA3Ezc.jpg

CfFFilsUMAAloVq.jpg

cto

=============

btw

[HanCinema's Fan Event] Ask Jasper Cho!

2016/04/02

Spoiler

photo708575.jpg

Hello HanCinema readers! We are very pleased to inform you that HanCinema will be interviewing Jasper Cho(aka Cho Tae-gwan or 조태관 in Hangul) who plays Dr. Daniel Spencer alongside Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo, and Kim Ji-won-I in "Descendants of the Sun". He is an up-and-coming star from R's Company with a hot musical background, a solid set of acting chops, and the perfect face to fit into the glamorous world of Hallyu. We have so many questions for him and we bet that you do, too!

Here's where you come in! Leave us a comment in the comment section below with your name ornickname, your location, and your question for Jasper Cho. Two lucky fans will have Jasper answer their questions.

You'll have until 6pm MST Saturday April 9, 2016 to get your questions in. The winners will be revealed in the interview. We can't wait to see the questions you come up with!

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

photo708536.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 16

Guest joynara

KBS2 re-run ratings (AGB Nielsen based) for episodes 11 & 12 (highlighted in green):

Ep. 11 nationwide 6.5% metropolitan areas 7.7%

Ep. 12 nationwide 9.8% metropolitan areas 11.4%

Outlined in green are the ratings for Entertainment Tonight, which devoted more than a quarter of its airtime to all things DotS last night:

nationwide 9.3% metropolitan areas 9.9%

Pre-DotS in Jan and Feb, it was pulling in 4-6% nationwide, so these are impressive numbers for ET too.

The last two tables are the AGB Nielsen ratings for cable, and you can see DotS re-runs (on Dramax and KBS Drama) took 3 spots in the top 10 shows. (As a point of reference, tvN's Memory is #1 nationwide with 2.162%.) In the metropolitan areas, Dramax's DotS re-run is the highest-rated show on cable, with 2.547%. 

What's remarkable about the weekend re-run performance and DotS in general is that spring has arrived and seasonal factor tends to depress ratings (basically, people do not stay indoors and watch TV when there's so much to do, esp. in the weekends), but apparently, DotS is the big exception here.

So no, it's not hyperbolic to say DotS is killing it.

pxQczpG.png

0k1EHkY.png

UEcTto5.png

KU7XwCl.png

nkBgmMT.png

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Here @rainbowbrite. A continuation of the second last night in Urk and a possible reason for his bold request to her to draw a warm shower for the two of them when they return to Seoul. ;) NC-18

Hide contents

MoYeon’s eyes fluttered open. 2:38. The time flashed off a nearby clock. 2:38?! She would have bolted upright immediately if not for a firm arm around her shoulders holding her down. “Shh...” came a deep, low voice. “Go back to sleep.” MoYeon angled her face upwards ever so slightly to look at the source of the soothing tone which broke the still silence of the Urk night. So beautiful, so handsome, and all mine, she thought and blushed a deep red that was hidden by the darkness of the night though she was certain the moonlight streaming in through the windows would betray her all the same. Memories of what transpired just a few hours earlier flooded her mind as she tried to wriggle free of SiJin’s grasp.

“Where are you going?” his raspy, strained voice called out as he slowly broke out of deep slumber. It might have only been a few hours but he’d never fallen into such deep sleep before in all his nights at Urk. This was the first time in his life, and also in all his 15 years since leaving home to join the military service, that he’d ever shared his bed with anyone. Certainly he’s slept in the same quarters with many others before, but to share his bed with another? Never. And he never knew it could feel this comfortable.

“I should get back to my quarters,” MoYeon whispered. “To keep you honourable," she teased. SiJin held onto her even more tightly.

“Don’t go,” came his simple request. “You’ve been away from your bunk for so many hours as it is and Nurse Ha hasn’t alerted anyone yet, so it must be no one misses you.” SiJin rationalized. “Besides, the walls of this room aren’t exactly sound proof. I’m sure everyone knows by now you spent the night here.” At that revelation, MoYeon buried her head into SiJin’s warm, bare chest and murmured, “Oh gawd... How am I going to face everyone in the morning?” SiJin chuckled. So adorable. So, so very adorable.

Still, MoYeon attempted to get up all the same. “Let me at least get a glass of water.” SiJin slowly released his grasp of her as she attempted to fish for her clothes in the pile of mess that was their garments on the floor next to the bed. Not able to find her pink sweater and skirt, MoYeon conveniently pulled out SiJin’s cotton khaki shirt – the one he wore under his uniform – and slipped it over her head. SiJin watched as she walked round the room divider to the water jug and glasses near his study table. Damn, he thought. She looks good in my clothes. MoYeon returned with a glass of water and having drunk some, gave the remaining to SiJin.

“Drink up,” she instructed. “The night air is dry here.”

“Yes ma’am.” Who was he to not follow the doctor’s orders?

Setting the glass aside, MoYeon crawled back into bed with SiJin, snuggling as closely and as tightly as she could to him with her back to his front, his arms wrapped tightly and protectively around her. Since leaving home for medical school and eventually settling down in her own apartment in Seoul, she had pretty much lived an independent life. There was no need to live with another, let alone for another. This was the first time in her life that she had let someone in, and so deeply too. “I am someone you’d like to marry, am I not?” SiJin’s words from dinner the night before made her smile. Oh yes, he was someone she would want to marry. And oh my, what a disastrous dinner it was! She could not help but start to giggle. “What are you thinking about?” SiJin asked. “Oh, it’s nothing,” came her reply as she turned around to face him, propping herself up over his torso. Her smile shot a million arrows through his heart. Oh, he wanted her. No. He needed her. So badly too.

“Nothing?” he challenged her teasingly. “You would keep secrets from me?” Before MoYeon could answer, SiJin flipped her over and kissed her, softly at first, then harder as MoYeon responded with urgency and demand. His hands soon travelled up under her shirt, no, his shirt, as he quickly divested her of it, and they reacquainted themselves with each other repeatedly through the night.

@gilaswan Kekekeke.... Nicely written. We definitely need more fanfic to cover the parts not shown in the drama itself :) 

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Ahh... To make up for the producers trolling us on that balcony kiss... Heh heh heh...

@gilaswan...you certainly did a good job chingu...keep it up. Hopefully you can upload this in a fanfic site where we can always read it through...it will surely help us with the DOTS withdrawal syndrome.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jalhanda said:

@gilaswan...you certainly did a good job chingu...keep it up. Hopefully you can upload this in a fanfic site where we can always read it through...it will surely help us with the DOTS withdrawal syndrome.

Ah... Ok. Maybe I'll get an account somewhere on asian fanfics and let you dots troopers know. :)

• Like 1

i'm recently rewatching the old episodes, and when it comes to ep3, the scene they drove on the cano to the island where they took the stone,then she asked "why this ship sitting here?" and he answered " it's been bewitched. This is the end of the something when it's bewitched by a beautiful thing." then she asked if he ever been bewitched, and he "I had, think you'd know"
i don't know why but it's making me chilling right now..sorry for just reminding something bad, but there are many spots just like warning something really bad, i hope not, i hope this is just one of KES's ways to make us surprise, everything's gonna be alright, yeah alright ToT, I personally don't hate sad ending but this time I hope for happiness for every single character in this drama, they all are so cute and gorgeous:lol:

• Like 4