[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

7 hours ago, thea2410 said:

i love this scene so much! 

"I like this guy named Yoo Shi Jin the best among all males.."

"We wrecked 3 cars, We fell in water together.."

"We fought through a disease together, and i have a gunshot wound because of him, too"

"Even so, I LIKE HIM SO MUCH"

"Because he was never cowardly" 

"He was honourable at all times, and he was handsome at all times, too"

(SJ reaction.. lol.. he's totally over the moon right at that moment! hahaha)

OMO. I love this scene too! I've watched it like, 5 times already, and after this post Imma gonna watch it the 6th time before I go take my breakfast! But the best bit I liked of this entire sequence was the part where he tries to flip her phone off her hands, only to have her catch it before him and waving it in his face with a warning, "Now you listen to me." His look at that point was priceless. The "oh no, am I now in trouble?" look was just so adorable! He really looked mildly petrified at the thought of getting admonished, just like a schoolboy in trouble. Ahhh!!! So cute!!! That's what happens when you date a Noona!

• Like 10

I have DOTS fever :)

I thought episode 9 was the best and watched ep  9 at least times...

but watching episode 12 is even better.. I think 12 is the best now...

these 2 episodes bring the characters development even more... SHK really nails it as KMY 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Just got up and logged in here straight! DoTS! What are you doing to me?!?!

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that YSJ would have been wounded to some extent following the gunshot of Argus at him despite him wearing a bullet-proof vest, and that he should've gotten himself checked, but KMY did say she had been out of sorts when they got back to base the night before; Dr Song was clearly part of the team that attended to Dr Kang, while ChiHun was still under quarantine with YMJ still not entirely well. So who checks on YSJ?

Some "off camera" ideas? Heh...

Reveal hidden contents

After she talks to him about Fatimah's guardianship and attempts to leave, SiJin holds her back and tells her he still can't fall asleep because of YunGi. She assures him once more that he has nothing to worry about - YunGi is so far in her past - and seals that promise with a gentle kiss which SiJin soon hots up as he tightens his grasp on her and, well, <insert your own imaginary scene here>...

As her own hands travel up his back, it reaches the point where the bullet likely left a contusion - SiJin winces slightly in pain and pulls back from her. "What's wrong?" MoYeon asks, a wave of concern overcoming her face. 

"It's nothing," comes SiJin's reply.

"I said to never lie to me just to keep me from worrying and you're already doing it. Let me have a look at it." MoYeon pulls SiJin off the table he was sitting on and to the other side of the room divider where his bed was. She pulls at the velcro tab on his shirt, unzips the front and removes it. "What do you think you're doing?" SiJin demands of her as she now rolls his undershirt off of him, dumping his garments onto the floor while pushing him to sit on his bed. "What else would I be doing? I'm being your doctor. Now stay honourable, Cpt Yoo." SiJin's face breaks into a slight grin as MoYeon gives his wound a check. It felt nice for Big Boss to be bossed at, and no less by a pretty doctor he could call his own.

:phew::w00t: Good morning chingu-yaaa~!

Spoiler

And then imagine him grabbing her wrist and pulling her down onto his lap, asking her in a deep, low voice, "Do you always want me to be honourable?"

Haaaaawwwt...

OK! BREAKFAST TIME!!! Heh, heh, heh...

• Like 6

9 hours ago, gilaswan said:

As someone here (sorry, many pages ago), about the scene where KMY covered YSJ's eyes while he was crying, 'the scene' actually didn't happen at all the night before. It was more of KMY reflecting back on what she should or would like to do in future for YSJ who has shielded/ protected her.

i agree with you.... i think that too... seeing that when her hand covering YSJ eyes and said you should erase this too.... KMY wear her pink sweater and her hair loose down.... she must be think that what she should do tonight and she regretted it that's why she cried. 

she might be think how YSJ protect her so she has to be someone that can cope with him

• Like 2

Will 'Descendants of the Sun' break the records of its previous episode again?: Yoo Ah-in to make a special appearance in episode 13

2016/04/01

Spoiler

photo707822.jpg

While 'Descendants of the Sun' episode 12 refreshed its best records again this week, it has been revealed that Yoo Ah-in will make a cameo appearance in the upcoming episode 13 next week. And of course, this news is drawing huge attention.

On Aprils 1st, KBS 2TV's Wednesday & Thursday drama, 'Descendants of the Sun' said "Yoo Ah-in will make a cameo appearance in episode 13. Yoo Ah-in will play a bank teller, who interact with Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-gyo) in the drama".

The production team also explained, "His character is a smart bank teller who believes in principles and policies. He will leave a strong impression on the viewers through his role".

Yoo Ah-in previously mentioned that he filmed his part as a cameo for 'Descendants of the Sun' because of his friendship with Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo.

Meanwhile, 'Descendants of the Sun' episode 12 on March 31st refreshed its records again boasting its remarkable figure of 33% in nationwide viewership rating according to Nielsen Korea.

Source : en.seoul.co.kr/news/n...

Hancinema

===========

Spoiler

=========== 

Photo from dots.kdrama

Spoiler

1 Apr 2016 || DOTS Casts & Crews Dinner in GANGNAM Repost @sundubuali 

============

Kim Ji Won Stays Humble and Raves About Her Co-Stars in “Descendants of the Sun”

Spoiler

Kim Ji Won Stays Humble and Raves About Her Co-Stars in “Descendants of the Sun”

Kim Ji Won, who is currently experiencing explosive popularity due to her role in the hit KBS drama “Descendants of the Sun,” shared her appreciation for her co-star Jin Goo.

Describing him as “the best partner,” she said, “Jin Goo sunbaenim really suffered a lot at the beginning of the filming because of me. I don’t think I could have done it without him. He helped me so much. I feel so sorry and also so thankful to him. Whether it was to support my struggling acting, listen to my concerns, give me food or snacks or always supporting me, I’m sure that Jin Goo sunbaenim was really busy because of me. He should have reprimanded me at least once but not a single time did he say anything negative and instead he was also warm and friendly as he led. I was so thankful. I think he is the best partner that I’ve had in my life. Haha!”

When asked who she would have picked between the two male stars of Jin Goo and Song Joong Ki, without hesitation, she replied “Jin Goo sunbaenim. Perhaps because even from before the filming for the drama to until now, I have lived for Seo Dae Young and so even now, I am all for Seo Dae Young,” calling Jin Goo by his name in the drama.

“When we started filming, I was only concerned about my parts and trying to act well and so I was too busy to be concerned about the expressions of my co-stars or think about how the two of us were coming up on the screen. It wasn’t until I saw it on the broadcast on television that I realized that Jin Goosunbaenim is so attractive. When scenes of him struggling with Myeong Joo’s dad come up, even I get angry and I even cried. Yoo Shi Jin (the role played by Song Joong Ki) is flawlessly handsome as well, but for me, I am always Seo Dae Young. Haha!”

Kim Ji Won

Moreover, she praised not just the actor Jin Goo but the person Jin Goo as well.

“I’ve noticed this from the filming but I have so much to learn from Jin Goosunbaenim and Song Hye Kyo sunbaenim and Song Joong Ki sunbaenim in terms of not just acting but from their attitudes as well. They were not once late and even come early to rehearsals and check through with the staff and have conversations with them. It made me embarrassed to think about how hard working they were compared to myself. Even if they’re popular or have been in the industry for a long time, they don’t pay much attention to that and instead lead the atmosphere well. I was so touched by that. In particular, Jin Goosunbaenim is so funny but yet determined and so many people like him. He’s a person that combines all the qualities of friendliness, charisma and gentleness.”

When asked about her growing popularity, she laughed and sure enough turned the attention back to Jin Goo. Perhaps because she was shy to talk about herself, but she instead mentioned the immense popularity that Jin Goo was experiencing. She said, “There’s a lot of people around me who say that it is such a shame that Jin Goo is married. His popularity is to the point that people joke like that. There’s so many people who have asked me for his autograph.”

She added, “Actually, for me, there hasn’t been much difference. When I think about the different interest and expectations that are held of me now, I think about luck. Its all due to such talented sunbaenims who make me look so good. It’s embarrassing and burdensome. I still am lacking in so many ways but I’m going to work hard to repay all of the love that I have received. I want to stay humble and steadfast and work hard as an actor to show a better side of me. Please look forward to it!”

soompi

• Like 21

42 minutes ago, viyra said:

i don't see anything wrong with the way the characters here speak English.  Clearly those lines were memorized; what they were trying to prove is they understood well what the English-speaking person is saying and cannot be taken for fools.  They are Koreans, not Americans, unlike Jasper Cho and David McInnis.  I noticed SDY can speak proper English in some scenes.  

I don't know why but SDY a voice at the end of the preview (I love you Yoon MyeongJo - a lot) don't sit well with me.

i think that must be part that executed very well in KES drama.... previous KES drama before DOTS.... even the main lead pronounce it bad and clearly see only memorize it without gesture that they understand what they said and what their partner said...and many viewers comment about that.... so she might made improvement in that too. Not to mention mine is very well too.... but you can see the different, in DOTS the actors or actress (korean) that must speak english in their scene pronounce it very well and seems their can cope the conversation with the partner in scene. not only memorize the lines and say it just like that. the conversation look so alive between them. 

• Like 5

i don't think our boys will cook again in military kitchen for their girls :

1. even SDY proven to have chef quality by pouring the salt in "michelin star chef mode on" but his partner even can't differentiate between date and soy sauce bottle cap. 

2. the kitchen owner (Kim Ki Bum)will banned them for entering his kitchen again since he gone crazy just to watch them preparing the meal.

3. after our boys doing miracle in the kitchen when the girl taste it, the girls surely acknowledge the meal was very well prepared by their favourite chef Kim Ki Bum. they didn't realize their boys effort.

4. after their cooking not even recognize by the girls once again during the meal the girls had a very tensed conversation about the other man they date before them. 

so no wonder they pissed and i'm sure they will not coming back to the kitchen again. 

PS : YSJ said shoot Yoon Ji oppa is too easy for him..... and blow him up is too boring. i'm wondering what will our boss do..... kiss KMY in front of Yoon Ji oppa????? that the best action to marked that girl is his now lol :w00t::D:D:D

• Like 9

I am already so into this drama and yet it continues to affect me in ways I didn't expect to be touched as I watch each episode unfold...

The President and Gen. Yoon's dialogues made me teary-eyed. How I wish that my own country would also have leaders like them. Our national elections is just around the corner, you know. Hoping for the best and most honorable candidates to win. May God help us. So, I can't help but salute this last episode of DOTS. Very well done indeed. ;)

• Like 13

9 hours ago, iamemilykay said:

Yar I like the part when he ask if she wants a breakup. I noticed the frown too, it was more like gathering his courage to hear the answer. Nailed the scene.

• Like 12

Rewatched and marathoned over two days all eps.  I cannot get over the fact that the slightest facial muscle change and a tiny difference in eye expression makes a huge difference such that it nails, anchors, all the scenes.  Amazing actors in amazing roles,  how many  can do that little nuance that  the camera captures every time?  It is never overdone, always spot on.   This director and the crew knew to elicit it every single time.  I want to do a standing ovation and clap til my hands hurt.  

• Like 14

Was just looking at some photos and realize SJK has different looks. In certain scenes, he could pass as someone in his 20s and other scenes, he look his age, and more manly. Not that it is a bad thing, just that he is boyish. Lol. As opposed to SHK who looks ethereal in every still n scene. 

Do you guys get what I meant? LOL. *the wait for epi13 is killing me*

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, Sesame Chew said:

Seems like it's the Chinese subs that brings across a deeper understanding of some scenes for me.

Remember the scene where MY cried while Dr Song and the nurses were treating the wound on her shoulder? I didn't get why she suddenly burst into tears after watching the English subs like 3 times. She obviously wasn't crying because of the pain of her wound. Yeah, she did winced but her short sob wasn't about that. Neither was she crying as a sign of relief or in remembrance of her fear during the whole shootout. So why did she suddenly cry? I didn't understand.

But as soon as I watched the scene again in Chinese, I got it! Dr Song said the word "sacrifice" and it reminded her of YSJ's sacrifice, all that he had to do in the name of duty. She cried with an understanding of the pain and grief he had to endure especially after seeing him breakdown. 

This scene, along with the one where she placed her hand over his eyes in an imagery way is SO SO brilliant. It shows how she FINALLY understood YSJ, who he is, what he does, why he says what he says and embracing him. That's why her decision, and what she said what she said him after that. Oh man, THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL! The emotional depth is so immense and takes your adoration and love for both KMY and YSJ as individuals and them as couple to a whole new level. :wub::wub::wub:

@Sesame Chew, yes :) it's understanding. Feel the pain of the one you love so deeply :) It's said that love & understanding is the same :)

I like the way you find and are moved because of it :)

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, Sesame Chew said:

Seems like it's the Chinese subs that brings across a deeper understanding of some scenes for me.

Remember the scene where MY cried while Dr Song and the nurses were treating the wound on her shoulder? I didn't get why she suddenly burst into tears after watching the English subs like 3 times. She obviously wasn't crying because of the pain of her wound. Yeah, she did winced but her short sob wasn't about that. Neither was she crying as a sign of relief or in remembrance of her fear during the whole shootout. So why did she suddenly cry? I didn't understand.

But as soon as I watched the scene again in Chinese, I got it! Dr Song said the country will remember your sacrifice and it reminded her of YSJ, all that he had to do in the name of duty. She cried with an understanding of the pain and grief he had to endure especially after seeing him breakdown. 

This scene, along with the one where she placed her hand over his eyes in an imagery way is SO SO brilliant. It shows how she FINALLY understood YSJ, who he is, what he does, why he says what he says and embracing him. That's why her decision, and what she said what she said to him after that. Oh man, THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL! The emotional depth is so immense and takes your adoration and love for both KMY and YSJ as individuals and them as couple to a whole new level. :wub::wub::wub:

thank you. sometimes certain word bring out more impact and depth for the scenes. this is the time i wish i understand korean language:tears: i wonder which sub for english sub is the best? my feels just like asparagus this time:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/c262caecee722e2f445aaba350802acc/tumblr_o4w99x6dHB1r4xozno2_540.jpg

oh DOTS what have you done to me!

picture credit to owner

• Like 21

About the white stone, YSJ did comeback to urk while there was an eartquake..so KMY will comeback for sure right? There will be scene in urk right? The scene ini one of mv (if a correctly remember 'always' where the there is a tomb scene), KMY teach local kids, is not yet to be aired right? So who do u think KMY will comeback with? Alone? Or with ySJ? I hope with YSJ...

Yei YAI will appear in ep 13..Maybe KMY had a drink with YAI without YSJ's knowing and accidentally YSJ found her being together with another man. So YSJ will be jelaous and take her home..because in the preview it seem YSJ isnot drunk to me..wkwk..i wanna see YSJ face when she see YAI and KMY together...

Wow its already 4 ep toward the end heh..it just feel like yesterday dots ep 1..now it already reach the end..until ep 12, my favourite scene still ep 6..where ySJ come from the heli and the look of YSJ and KMY have is superb..the look with longing expression for each other is the best..

Hope there is more love story about YeHwa and Daniel...because it seems the story is like our OTP..

• Like 14

1 minute ago, ailenoh said:

About the white stone, YSJ did comeback to urk while there was an eartquake..so KMY will comeback for sure right? There will be scene in urk right? The scene ini one of mv (if a correctly remember 'always' where the there is a tomb scene), KMY teach local kids, is not yet to be aired right? So who do u think KMY will comeback with? Alone? Or with ySJ? I hope with YSJ..

The more I think about this scene the more anxiety and fright I get so I've stopped thinking about it :')

Everything about that scene gives me a bad feeling. The white shirt, the location, the epilogue-ness of it. 

I am just choosing to erase that from my memory and am praying just like how KES made all the scenes we thought were gonna be bad turn out good this one follows suit 

• Like 11