Quantcast
alleverything

[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

2 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

xxx

And to those who say that her feelings are more mature because she's been thinking about their relationship and considering their future more carefully than he has, excuse me but...have they all forgotten that Shi-jin is an army brat? He's been raised in a household where he's experienced first hand what his mum went through for being married to a soldier. He KNOWS exactly the type of relationship he can offer, not only to Mo-yeon, but to any girl who'll be brave enough to share her future with him. The reason he's always almost obsessed with getting the upper hand is because he's known since day one that his job will always give him the lower hand with Mo-yeon.

He's considered this for his entire adult life, ever since he decided to become a soldier. So, yeah, he's damn mature when it comes to this relationship, since it's THE relationship he's been waiting for years. xxx

A very insightful view, one I have not thought of about Si Jin. Thanks for this. But just to clarify, I got the impression that Si Jin's love isn't as mature as Mo Yeon's because so far, show is not showing it to us that way it did with Mo Yeon, kind of like the way there is not so much back story on Mo Yeon as it did with Si Jin and Myung Ju and Dae Young, and not because I didn't think he was mature or whatnot because of him being playful, I think his being playful is just one aspect of his personality, which I like very much as it creates some balance with Mo Yeon, and has nothing to do with him not thinking about the relationship, because I believe he does, though not expressly, because that is probably how his character was crafted. As few commented here, the past episodes enormously showed Mo Yeon's growth, how she eased herself into the aspects of a relationship with Si Jin and finally accepting him. The first half, I saw the show as Mo Yeon on a journey towards Si Jin, Si Jin was on the other end, like a destination, at least that's how I saw it. And it is only in the Episode 9 that I saw him expressly and directly speaking up about the relationship in terms of how Mo Yeon dealt with it, he asked Myung Ju whether Dae Young's job bothers her. Yes, in the earlier episodes, he intimated that Mo Yeon will always get the upper hand in the relationship because of his job, which showed that he was thinking of the relationship, too, but then again he tried to avoid the topic, when Mo Yeon tried to ask that aspect of the relationship, and did not deal with it, and have not seen him pick up from that since, but correct me if I am wrong. It was Mo Yeon who slowly dealt with it herself, rejecting him several times because she needed time to think. What I love about your comment is that now I realised that while Mo Yeon was easing her way to him, Si Jin was waiting, and he could have given up on her, but he didn't and to wait for someone to decide to love you back is one of the hardest experiences to go through, so Si Jin didn't go through any less of a hardship than Mo Yeon, and I concur that that somehow shows maturity on Si Jin's end. Mo Yeon's journey to accepting Si Jin in contradistinction to Si Jin's waiting for her. That's my take away. Thanks for this insight. Show is definitely character driven. 

• Like 23

By the way anyway our Capt YSJ had confessed "Love" but indirecly line when he said to dr.KMY Loving someone means doing for them what they could do for themself......Isn't that a Love confess???:rolleyes::rolleyes::phew::phew:

• Like 6

Some new wallpapers I made. Enjoy!

tLQrfa.jpg

vCwHv9.jpg

Large versions inside:

Spoiler

SNUPOX.jpg

O1y88g.jpg

Older wallpapers can be found here and here.

• Like 23

As a long time Kim Eun-sook fan, I've noticed something about her men. They never let their women go until the woman herself says she doesn't want to have anything to do with them anymore. Even in Heirs (forgive me if this gives you bad memories) Tan makes sure that he searches for Eun-sang until he finds her and doesn't let her go until she told him that she didn't want to see him anymore. Also, her men are usually extremely protective of their women. In the scene where Young-do locked Eun-sang up in the broadcast room, Tan looked like he was ready to end Young-do if he laid a finger on her. The jokester Yoo Si-jin who even manages to make jokes about his own life is fiercely serious when it comes to the woman he loves. I think it's a testament to how deep the love Kim Eun-sook's men feel for their women are.

• Like 20

Kim Ji Won talks about how she feels being compared to Song Hye Kyo

By jubilantj  

kim-ji-won_1459184373_af_org.jpg

D uring her recent interview with Sports DongA, Kim Ji Won, who is one of the supporting roles in 'Descendants of the Sun,' discussed how she feels about the comparison people may make between her and co-star Song Hye Kyo

When directed with the question of whether she feels the need to compete with Song Hye Kyo, Kim Ji Won reasoned, "I've never tried my best just to not lose to someone. In a drama, I think everyone should work to benefit one another." 

The actress elaborated, "If my character does well, then the opposing character will do the same, and vice versa. And if the female lead is pretty, then I get the joy of just looking at her. I got to feast my eyes this time around." Agreed, if I were Kim Ji Won, I'd have a hard time tearing my eyes away from a beaut like Song Hye Kyo. 

Kim Ji Won also mentioned what she learned from Song Hye Kyo on set. She said, "I learned what kind of attitude an actress should have on set. When I first met her, I was a little afraid and wasn't sure how to act. But in fact, she's very kind and childlike. When I'd approach her all nervous, she would say, 'Why are you like that? Just be natural.' When I filmed scenes that were taxing on my body, she was the one who took care of me. I was really grateful." 

c Allkpop

-----------

Fan-made Video Reimagines Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won as the Couple in “Descendants of the Sun”

Fan-made Video Reimagines Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won as the Couple in “Descendants of the Sun”

What if?

What if the incredibly popular KBS drama “Descendants of the Sun” was about the love story between Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki) and Yoon Myung Ju (Kim Ji Won), and not about the love between Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) and between Yoon Myung Ju and Seo Dae Young (Jin Goo)? What would that look like?

A fan video uploaded to YouTube reimagines the love story in “Descendants of the Sun,” pairing Yoo Si Ji and Yoon Myung Ju together. It’s a parody of the drama, calling it “Romance of the Sun.” in the video, Yoo Si Jin is the gruff boyfriend while Yoon Myung Ju is the affectionate, pursuing girlfriend. They meet in the military and the relationship is all cute and fun until Yoo Si Jin is put in danger while rescuing civilians. Watch the video below.

c soompi

======

Four uniform-clad Korean actresses

Updated : March 29 2016

4. Kim Ji-won (1st. Lt. Yoon Myung-joo) at "Descendants of the Sun" (2016)

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160329

(KBS 2TV)

Actress Kim Ji-won plays 1st Lt. Yoon Myung-joo in the phenomenal drama series “Descendants of the Sun” Not only did her military combat uniform add to her stardom, but having her hair cut short also contributed to her change of image. Her character is so attractive that even Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) compliments her, saying that even women “fetishize uniforms” during an episode. Sgt. Maj. Seo Dae-young (Jin Goo) has a crush on the junior officer. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

complete list

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603291444064391194_2

• Like 15

Wow @happifruit,  ur analysis is so good that it makes me want to rewatch episodes 1 to 10 all over again to savour the moments that you mentioned. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rushie5 said:

As a long time Kim Eun-sook fan, I've noticed something about her men. They never let their women go until the woman herself says she doesn't want to have anything to do with them anymore. Even in Heirs (forgive me if this gives you bad memories) Tan makes sure that he searches for Eun-sang until he finds her and doesn't let her go until she told him that she didn't want to see him anymore. Also, her men are usually extremely protective of their women. In the scene where Young-do locked Eun-sang up in the broadcast room, Tan looked like he was ready to end Young-do if he laid a finger on her. The jokester Yoo Si-jin who even manages to make jokes about his own life is fiercely serious when it comes to the woman he loves. I think it's a testament to how deep the love Kim Eun-sook's men feel for their women are.

Mianhee before.......but in Secret Garden as I recall,That woman who always protect the man,Gil Ra Im always protect Kim Jo Won since the first accident even her father protect him^_^:blink::blink:

• Like 3

happy Tuesday all, only one more night before the show.. :lol:

been a while 'cause of hectic week.. this thread sure move so fast, i just able to like and read a view of your post. 

i see we have hot news and a gleams of BTS. can't wait to cry tomorrow, fighting every one

45cd5218-d84f-4a41-89cf-68c0e1dd7e23.jpg

• Like 12

@happifruit you just pointed why many people loves this drama including me.

why today is not wednesday :tears:

while waiting I just order KMY white sneaker online, this is the first drama make me buy something related to the drama :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

"Descendants of the Sun" Fatima, "Song Joong-ki is such a gentleman"

2016/03/28

CerabTEUYAE7CQg.jpg

A foreign actress in the role of Fatima in "Descendants of the Sun" mentioned Song Joong-ki.

Song Joong-ki's foreign fan (Instagram @songjoongkidaily) revealed a conversation she had with Zyon Barreto in the role of Fatima, the girl in the red dress who tries to run away.

She points a gun at Agus (David McInnis) and even makes a run for it with medical painkillers in her hands. Fatima could run with the help of Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo).

Zyon said this is her first time being on TV. She really liked the crew and the cast and is grateful.

She mentioned Song Joong-ki in the role of Yoo Si-jin. Zyon said, "I was so shy when I first met him and I didn't know much about him. I only knew that he'd just been discharged from the military. However, the more I spent time with him, I got to know that he is a very nice guy. Very respectable like everyone says he is too".

"I also learned that he likes M&M chocolates. I also gave him an English name, Langdon. When I call him Langdon, he likes it".

"When we first met, it was cold. He took off his jacket for me and he treated me like his little sister. I like him like an older brother".

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

c Hancinema

========

20160329110229_2016033001002552800179081

http://www.dispatch.co.kr/492931

• Like 22

@sanaeozora you're analysis is great thanks:) but as @larienssi said:

2 hours ago, larienssi said:

The first half, I saw the show as Mo Yeon on a journey towards Si Jin, Si Jin was on the other end, like a destination, at least that's how I saw it. And it is only in the Episode 9 that I saw him expressly and directly speaking up about the relationship in terms of how Mo Yeon dealt with it, he asked Myung Ju whether Dae Young's job bothers her. Yes, in the earlier episodes, he intimated that Mo Yeon will always get the upper hand in the relationship because of his job, which showed that he was thinking of the relationship, too, but then again he tried to avoid the topic, when Mo Yeon tried to ask that aspect of the relationship, and did not deal with it, and have not seen him pick up from that since, but correct me if I am wrong. 

this what i feel too. not that i said si jin not serious with his feelings but before this he know about it but kinda avoid to deal about this aspect. so i hope next ep will deal with how they stick together as a couple despite any problem and confront with this issue. but i like the flirty and playfulness in his character. also his cheesy dialogues:P totally different from the usual broody and cold but heart of gold chaebol hero. and no matter what, i love si jin and mo yeon so much and i'm their hardcore shipper:wub: 

• Like 2