[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

8 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Yay!. More OSTs and more extended unseen scenes . Why does MY have those flags that say "Mine"? 

Also wonder this too!! keke 

@leedonghaek they really love to keep us waiting :sweatingbullets: @kristy86 you're welcome :lol:

Here some gifs from the teaser MV. All credit goes to owner in the pic

ed97c81bjw1f25exemgqdg20b4069x6p.gif

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f25ey2qz0tg20b4069x6p.gif 

ed97c81bjw1f25exrb467g20b40694qq.gif

• Like 18

1 hour ago, kristy86 said:

I love all the discussion here, DotS Troopers fighting!!!

Three best couple awards: YSJ-KMY, SDY-YMJ and YSJ- SDY :joy: 

33.5hrs to go...

Can't wait for the wrecking lipstick scenes and also looking forward for more Bro-mance scenes like this... 

12717598_10153497202187263_5196680302936

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, nadya92 said:

Hai akk! :D Lets go together one day and be a proud Troopers when taking picture at the beautiful places!!! keke

About the OST, maybe they keep Junsu's OST first for the best scene in future like the one they did for KWill's song! I really love LYN's voice but I'm not a fan of her (maybe will be a fans soon because of DOTS OST! HAHA)  :phew: LYN has contributed for MLFTS with the song title "DESTINY" and its really great and TOP in our country too!! The line up artist for DOTS OST daebak!!! Looking forward kyaaaa

Get ready Troopers!!! D-1 to Episode 9 weeee :w00t:

junsu song kind a give me romantic vibe.. maybe that song will use for our OTP romantic scene later

• Like 7

@thelittleclouds Hahaha... yeah. Let them husbands be. I give up too. I'm also not the romantic sort. Like you, I think Valentine's day is full of ridiculous fluff and I'm all about being pragmatic. I can't stand overly dramatic and cheesy lines and my hubby saves on flowers and such - I don't like them. :P In truth, if someone like YSJ delivered those lines to me in reality, I'd probably glare him down. Hahahha... maybe that's why I'm enjoying DoTS - it's everything I would never do or be in reality and it's a nice break from the daily grind. THe story is sufficiently believable to me and everything is beautifully shot. It's art. I like art. Heh.

I think plot-wise, truth is DoTS is not the most profound in that regard. It's a very simple plot - boy meets girl, boy is interested in girl, boy pursues girl. Boy's plans get thwarted many times along the way. And if it ends as we expect it should, boy will triumph and win the girl. The End. Hahahaha... Nothing profound. I dare say Zootopia has a more complex plot line than DoTS. But who cares? I'm watching DoTS for the pretty, warm and fuzzies. ;) 

• Like 13

Remake of Chinese "Descendants of the Sun" in discussion

2016/03/21

photo704267.jpg

What will a Chinese "Descendants of the Sun" be like?

The popular KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" is currently in discussion of remaking a Chinese version of the drama.

"Descendants of the Sun" is being shown in China and Korea at the same time. The records have shown over 100 million views per episode and the accumulated number adds up to more than 1 billion. This syndrome has led to discussion of a remake.

A source from NEW told Star In, "Various companies are talking to us about a remake but there is still a long way to go and it's going to take time to come to a decision".

"Descendants of the Sun" was 100% pre-produced with a production cost of 13 billion won which was collected by pre-sales and PPL. One episode was sold to China for $250,000 US dollars.

Kim Woo-taek from NEW said, ""Descendants of the Sun" is the result of great coordination between the movie industry, Chinese network and Music and New's infra".

"Descendants of the Sun" is the story of a doctor and soldier in an isolated country called Uruk starringSong Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo and Kim Ji-won-I.

Source : starin.edaily.co.kr/n...

http://www.hancinema.net/remake-of-chinese-descendants-of-the-sun-in-discussion-92645.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

=======

Song Joong-gi-Khmer / Khmer Instagram

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=186420

• Like 21

13 hours ago, melissala said:

1. In my mind, he was trying to look cool for MY since she dumped him.  He wore his cool sunglasses thinking she's regret the day she let such an awesome man go... well, that's my BTS story  :P

2.  I actually really didn't find this cheesy at all, but funny that it went against cliches.  I know people totally expected her to go hug and run after him, and she was mad and didn't take his BS.  It's totally cliched as well that he would pretend to be hurt and she'd nurse him better and be all tender... but nah, she didn't do any of that.   

The other two scenes I agree.  That was just showing off their budget and the ability to coordinate a fight in pre-production lol

I find the show less cheesy as it goes really.  

But I do think MJ's dad is abusing his power, but MJ might be too?  She likes goes wherever she wants chasing her man.. I guess it's not to  be taken too seriously. 

Actually, I totally believe the sunglasses thing. By right, you're not supposed to have any kind of adornments when you're in uniform. But hey, if you're the one in charge (which in the camp, he is literally the Big Boss), who's gonna stop you from wearing shades? It's hot out there, yo!

And him feigning inability to walk - the boy has to do what the boy has to do to get her attention. Silly, but there will be boys who will do things like that. Hahaha... Nevertheless cheesy. Whoever said cheesy can't be believable? I have many cheesy friends out there. Hahaha...

About OTP2 though - I am admittedly finding their push-pull relationship tiring. SDY's overly stoic manner is getting old. Make a decision, please!!! Love her or leave her! 

• Like 12

Maybe this comment will not be important for the majority of people here. Some of you will ignore it, most of you won't be bothered to read and it'll go unnoticed along with other comments. Maybe I'll be criticized for this but I just want to let you all know that I am an addict. DOTS addict. "Dr. Kang, I need some medicine."

• Like 21

On 3/20/2016 at 5:14 AM, songsong111111 said:

[ENG+HANSUB] Once Again - Kim Na Young ft Mad Clown

MOD EDIT - NO QUOTING IMAGES, GIFS, VIDEOS!

i LOVE THEM!!! THEIR CHEMISTRY IS JUST INDESCRIBABLE.... Jingoo's EYES and STARES are so powerful

• Like 1

DOTS continue to make waves - good plot, good casts, and most of all, good OSTs delivered by good singers!  I hope they can get VOS to get in the list of singers for the remaining OSTs.

I think I got a bit redundant with my description - sorry - I am just in a GOOD mood!! 

BTW - keep the discussion going - no hair-pulling - and let's cross-off any negative thoughts about the characters - especially the 'dying' issue.  Second half of DOTS starts Wednesday - will it be better than the first half?   Wednesday please come faster!!!

• Like 15

8 hours ago, happyboy said:

Anyways the idea that there is widespread gender bias among top billed Korean stars is wrong.  Joong Ki is the headliner.  He was the foundation of the drama, the first person cast.  Even in this thread you can simply click the first page to see.  SHK came along later, she wasn't as "hot" an actor, and has not had the recent successes that Joong Ki has.  Not everything is a square peg in a round hole.  Take the most logical explanation first, before going to conspiracy and agenda.

SJK and SHK are BOTH the headliners. BOTH are the foundation of the drama. DOTS is about the love story between YSJ and KMY. It's not the story of YSJ and KMY is just tagging along. and correct me if I'm wrong but the script was given to both of them most likely at the same time. SJK confirmed first before SHK. That I am sure of. SHK was already slated to play as KMY. 

I also don't understand what you mean of she wasn't "hot" as an actor and has not had recent successes that Joongki has. SJK just came out of the army, this is his first role post-army so what is the recent success you were talking about? SHK had TWTWB last 2013 and it was quite successful. 

with DOTS, SJK is on the receiving end of most of the popularity, and it's understandable since his character is well loved by the female population and I'm sure DOTS is watched by mostly females. 

• Like 18

35 minutes ago, The_dia said:

junsu song kind a give me romantic vibe.. maybe that song will use for our OTP romantic scene later

I was thinking it is Junsu. Lyn sounded good too but Junsu"s preview clip is too amazing .A legend Ost.But it could be they are keeping his for some future scenes.

• Like 6

How did Jin Goo's wife react to his romance with Kim Ji Won in 'Descendants of the Sun'

jin-goo-kim-ji-won_1458616798_af_org.jpg

During an interview on March 21, Jin Goo revealed that his wife is an encouraging fan of his drama. He says, "My wife watches too, and she said my romance is heart aching. She cried a lot on the sad scenes. She enjoys it just like any other viewer." He was also asked if his wife gets jealous at all, he responded, "No jealousy at all. She's rather very encouraging of us." 

Jin Goo added a comment about his partner Kim Ji Won, "I knew we would get along. She wasn't uptight, but rather very open. Kim Ji Won's acting as Yoon Myung Joo was very cool." 

How sweet!

Cr-allkpop

Awee. He has a lovely wife.

• Like 23