[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

I don't mean bring reality into the picture, but why does a black ops team know about construction and seismology? I thought they will be under direction from some earthquake experts about which structures are safe to enter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

This is the first drama that is shown simultaneously in both countries ;) 

As for the KBS streaming site, the Chinese (Mandarin) subs are already there ... but still need the English one :)

I know that, but this still they posted with the chinese subs isn't from today's episode, but from ep 8. Chinese stills were also posted earlier today of ep7, hours before the broadcast.. it's a bit annoying how stuff apparently keeps leaking in China

• Like 6

Whew! this episode tugged at my heartstrings my top favourite scenes are when MY looks back and remembers the plantation before the earthquake & cries for them in silence and when she has to choose who gets saved . This episode is going to  be one of my top episodes so far it made me  appreciate  the soldiers  and doctors who aid  in places where the is famine, wars ,natural disaster 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, love-k-dramas said:

Whew! this episode tugged at my heartstrings my top favourite scenes are when MY looks back and remembers the plantation before the earthquake & cries for them in silence and when she has to choose who gets saved . This episode is going to  be one of my top episodes so far it made me  appreciate  the soldiers  and doctors who aid  in places where the is famine, wars ,natural disaster 

AGREED!!!

3 minutes ago, tara97 said:

is the new ost released ? i thought it'd be tomorrow

yes. because its 12AM KST in Korea already ^^

Still waiting for You Again MV.. usually they released the same time the song released but today no MV yet :phew:

• Like 6

just came back to soompi because of DOTS.. iam curious and ive watched the 1st episode yesterday. and iam already hooked cant stop myself watching til episode 6.sorry guys.. im a bit off topic.im just so happy to be back.. by the way thank you recappers..looking forward for epi8..<3 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, miri13 said:

I think it may have been translated already but just in case, the words that I could not hear due to the lagging:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42kyMMADjQ

YSJ:  If my efforts to comfort you was awkward, I will stop.  But.  I hope Doctor Kang is ok.  Sincerely.

KMY:  Then, instead of awkward consolations, please do what you are good at.

YSJ: What I am good at?  What is that?

KMY:  Jokes.  In this situation, what is most needed is a joke.

YSJ:  You are very pretty right now.

KMY:  You can't see me right now.

YSJ:  I saw you before. Because you are always beautiful.

KMY:  No seriousness.

YSJ:  I am joking.

KMY laughs under breath.

YSJ: [somewhat softly as if reminiscing] Really wanted to see you.  No matter what I did.  You came to mind.  Exercised hard.  Tried really hard.  Drank alcohol and tried everything...but I still longed to see you.  

[You are my everything.]  

[with confidence and louder voice] Is it something you couldn't even imagine?  Then, please think about it.  This is my sincere and true thoughts.

It is possible to translate as missing you, but I like the literal meaning of wanting to see her.  For me, it indicates so much more than just missing someone.  It shows longing to be with someone, to be next to them, to smell and talk and be.  Thus, I kept it.

i cryyyy reading this ...... KMY is very very lucky....yet very very very stubborn too......:bawling:

• Like 13

I just finished the Raw for Eps.7

My 1st Impression would be, I don't know how to survive with only 16 Eps?

My 2nd Impression would be this Eps is so strong, it touch love both for YSJ-KMY and SDY-YMJ, but most importantly it is about humanity, about people who saved others and sacrifice a lot in their lives and this is happening now as we speak, not only in the drama, somewhere out there it's happening. I'm so amazed that this isn't just drama about couple who falls in love in the middle of chaos but also about the doctors, soldiers, and how we help each other during crisis~ For me this Eps is too short somehow. :bawling:

I'm so sad to see SDY-YMJ, they both speaks a lot though their eyes, and their love is so deep. We can see it in this Eps.

I feel bad for YSJ, I do hope KMY will realize how much she loves him too and it just break my heart. SJK really just breaking too many hearts~

• Like 19

YSJ: I missed you badly. Whatever I do, I think of you. I tried my best, even drinking alcohol,  but i still miss you like crazy.

this.. his words shoot right thru my heart.. our Captain Yoo is really good with words.. i'm swooning! with every opportunity he get, he keep on confessing his feeling for her.. TT.TT

anyway, thanks for sharing the full song for ost 5. i love it! that's so my style! this song gonna be on repeat all day long! now i just really need to know what the song is all about.. eng trans please~ and KBS, where is the MV for the song.. it said it gonna be release 17/03 @ 00:00 AM..  did they forgot about it or something.. sigh~ T.T 

• Like 18

5 hours ago, IrisFM said:

3 reasons why Descendants Of The Sun is the biggest K-drama phenomenon now

Descendants Of The Sun, the hottest K-drama of the moment, is putting My Love From The Star in the shade.

In Seoul, the KBS show Descendants has entered the 30 per cent range in the ratings in just six episodes - or three weeks - sooner than the SBS drama My Love did, says Yonhap News Agency.

On the Chinese video website iQiyi, Descendants has been streamed 673 million times as of today. It's surely early days before it eventually surpasses the 2.5 billion views My Love had in three months.

So why is Descendants such a hit? Let's count the reasons.

1. Descendants has ended a long K-drama drought on the Chinese Internet

After the feverish success of My Love in China in late 2013 and early 2014, Chinese entertainment regulators put stricter limits on foreign dramas on video websites, effectively cooling down Chinese viewers' love affair with K-dramas.

K-dramas are usually scripted and shot days before they are shown, to allow tweaks every week according to audience demands.

Breaking with tradition, Descendants was fully pre-produced to pass the new Chinese guidelines and be cleared for simulcasts in China and South Korea. It is the first K-drama to air simultaneously in the two countries, which certainly helps when you want a show to go viral.

2. Descendants has excellent credentials

There is not just star writer Kim Eun Sook (The Inheritors, 2013; Secret Garden, 2010; Lovers In Paris, 2004) but also leading lady Song Hye Kyo, an early star of the Korean Wave.

3. Song Joong Ki

Every few years, the right K-drama star in the right role comes along whom millions can go gaga over collectively. In 2009, it was Lee Min Ho in Boys Over Flowers. In 2013, it was Kim Soo Hyun in My Love From The Star.

This year, right now, belongs to Song, who is giving a star-making performance in Descendants as a soldier conducting an up-and-down courtship of a surgeon - a performance that is possibly up there with the one that aeons ago made a star of some kid in Top Gun called Tom Cruise.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/3-reasons-why-descendants-of-the-sun-is-the-biggest-k-drama-phenomenon-now

I'm sold with the last reason. Should have been first reason! :P *lol* 

• Like 12

waiitttt..... maybe i am the one who is stubborn... i re watched and re watched the preview and it seems the scene when KMY crying while walking and YSJ is at her back looking at her....YSJ seem wearing different outfit he looks like still wearing his uniform not the shirt only .......

huhuhuhu i still want MY accept him this time.... pleaseeeeeee

• Like 6