[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

6 minutes ago, missandrea said:

I know, I have a headache too. Tried to just put everything in here. I try to make a jist of whatever is being said and translated! Hahahah. Pardon Bing.com, he's useless at times hahaha! 

I like how you portrayed Bing as 'he' ...lol :)))

• Like 3

thanks a lot for the articles, my head is spinning trying to understand what is it about, haha, gosh... best opponest, similarity maybe SJK and SHK, oil do they mean the Arab President? LOL. hope we will get the news in English soon.

how could they dont even post a picture with the article. Where's the pic of Capt Yoo pointing his gun again? aigoo... 

• Like 4

I Have to Post this article, it's so 'cute'~

Song Joong Ki sizzles in K-drama Descendants Of The Sun

"Although Descendants begins with a military incident between the two Koreas, any anxiety about too much ripped-from-the-headlines realism intruding on the world of the drama should dissipate by the end of episode one, when the soldier succeeds in asking the surgeon out, only to have to stand her up spectacularly. He gets a call from work and has to go to the nearest rooftop to wait to be ferried to a top-secret assignment by helicopter.

As he boards and takes one last look at the doctor's forlorn figure - "I… love… you," a wistful Yoon Mi Rae sings on the soundtrack - the theme of the drama crystallises.

The surgeon is a woman with a First World problem in a five-star package. She has a mystery man who is totally into her but who keeps leaving. Yet the drama also keeps reuniting them in airbrushed, beautified real-world circumstances.

In episode two, it sends the soldier on a peacekeeping mission to Urk, a fictional war-ravaged but charming country played by Greece, then drops the surgeon in his camp. She is there not just to save children, clearly, but also to go with him for drives that are filled with stunning landscapes and romantic tension.

Episode six conjures an earthquake, possibly just so that the lovebirds can exchange searching gazes amid the chaos.

The one battlefield Kim is committed to is love, and Song Joong Ki is her sharpshooter.

In Deep Rooted Tree (2011) and The Innocent Man (2012), he showed he had the steel to play fearless or heartless men - to be taken seriously as an actor, despite his pretty face. In Descendants, he hits the emotional core of every scene, whether he has to be bold and amorous, guarded and mysterious, or sad."

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/song-joong-ki-sizzles-in-k-drama-descendants-of-the-sun

• Like 17