[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Does anyone know what is DY's age? I remember it was on the character description which I don't think I would be able to find in 337 page LOL. The thing I want to know who is older b/w DY and SJ.

BTW when DY asked SJ if he drank the wine. SJ answered "I only tasted it" Well he definitely ony TASTED it :lol:. Glad he didn't tell his bestie how he tasted. Poor DY would be shocked to death only if he knew his friend's way to drink/taste wine:bawling:

• Like 19

Just throwing this is there. It is a really long stretch and my imagination could be running wild (mainly because I'm dying for the future episodes :()

In the last episode did anyone else feel that the part where the Hospital's Chairman demands that all measures be taken to get his Medical team out of Uruk (he even says that money is no issue and that the company will foot the bill for the rescue operation) was done for the purpose to redeem him in the eyes of the viewers. Because obviously everyone hated the way he was so forward with MY when he took her to the hotel room.

Therefore could it be that the Chairman coupled with the guilt that he sent MY out there and the fact that he still continues to feel attraction for MY (because in the 2nd episode he tells her that he'd want her to come back to Seoul), have a revelation where he comes to realise that he is genuinely interested in her and apologises to her for his past actions.

I'd like to see how MY would react to that sort of a dilemma, because for MY to realise that SJ is perfect for her she would first have to overcome her present idea of what she wants in her man. With the Chairman for a boyfriend, she would no longer have any professional struggles in her future. Which seems to be a running theme for her in the show - she wants stability, security and a partner who would complement her professional ambition .

• Like 18

5 hours ago, badsmuler said:

Even though i just watch DoTS till Ep. 4, its fix for me that SJK will take home Daesang Award at Baeksang Awards and KBS Drama Awards 2016... :heart::heart:

I think he will. And Double best couple SHK-SJK-Jin Goo :) 

• Like 19

15 minutes ago, hclover96 said:

SJK and SHK are both good friends of YAI.  It's nice of them to help support their mutual friend's design, just like how YAI is supporting them by making a cameo in DotS and posting DotS' poster on his instagram.

SJK and SHK actually wore this design a couple of times already.  It's cute that the numbers on their shirts are #7 (Dance), #8 (Super), #9 (Love) and #10 (High)

MOD. EDIT: Don't quote pictures, gifs and videos!

:lol::lol::lol:

Omo... Im having delulu Right Now!!! This is bad... hahahaha... I really want their ship to sail... hahahahaha... They look really good together even with the separate pics... hahahahahaha

• Like 7

just finished watching episode 5 & 6!!!

aaaak aaaaak aaaaaaak here comes another torturing week of waiting :sweatingbullets:

so far I like both episodes. there are so many cute OTP scenes in ep 5, but ep 6 is intensely good (not to mention so many cute bromance here hehehe).. but one thing, I kinda disappointed in their first kiss. SHK was just keep her lips closed really tight. I hope that was how she was instructed to since KMY supposed to be surprised and her mind was refusing the kiss. I really really hope SHK won't do that usual-lips-closed-tight-kiss with the rest of the kiss scene (please don't, that'll be one hell of a waste of SJK's redish lips #byuntaemode)

and as always, I love every 2nd couple's scenes *squeeeing so hard* they're so.... I don't know the right term....cute?adorable? :wub:

and we finally got our poster scene guuuys!! yipppiiiii!! another poster scene pleasee (read: the kiss one)

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

Just throwing this is there. It is a really long stretch and my imagination could be running wild (mainly because I'm dying for the future episodes :()

In the last episode did anyone else feel that the part where the Hospital's Chairman demands that all measures be taken to get his Medical team out of Uruk (he even says that money is no issue and that the company will foot the bill for the rescue operation) was done for the purpose to redeem him in the eyes of the viewers. Because obviously everyone hated the way he was so forward with MY when he took her to the hotel room.

Therefore could it be that the Chairman coupled with the guilt that he sent MY out there and the fact that he still continues to feel attraction for MY (because in the 2nd episode he tells her that he'd want her to come back to Seoul), have a revelation where he comes to realise that he is genuinely interested in her and apologises to her for his past actions.

I'd like to see how MY would react to that sort of a dilemma, because for MY to realise that SJ is perfect for her she would first have to overcome her present idea of what she wants in her man. With the Chairman for a boyfriend, she would no longer have any professional struggles in her future. Which seems to be a running theme for her in the show - she wants stability, security and a partner who would complement her professional ambition .

He can apologize and she might forgive him, but he's not redeemable for his actions.  She was never interested in him to start with.  If the chairman had not tried to bring her into his room and force her to sleep with him(which I assume is what he wanted), and then punished her for not doing so then maybe I could see it, but nope MY would never be associated with him after being treated like that.  She shouldn't forgive and forget the person who sexually harassed her.  If he were a good guy she was just wasn't too interested in maybe she might settle for him after the danger of being with SJ, but now after his actions never in a million years.  She has too much self respect to waste her time on him.  

I also never got the feeling MY was actively really searching for a perfect partner to give her stability. .  SJ is contrary to what her head should want, but that's just because of the nature of his job, not because he's the opposite of what she was looking for.  Her perfect for her, other than what he does. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I love the emergency medical support scene at the disaster site. And I love especially how KMY took charge. We've been talking a lot about how she became a doctor for practical "head reasons" - she was academically able. But wasn't there an early scene where YSJ asked her how she could recognize a gunshot wound and she said she had volunteered in a medical mission to Africa before? The entire episode of disaster relief was brilliantly shot and edited. I can see why production costs were so high. Production details and quality are very much evident. So much to love and appreciate in this show, from the frivolous abundance of eye candy to the well written and excellently delivered script. They have quite a talented cast. 

Yes, she had said so. Yet I had the impression, she voluntereed in Africa in order to gain some points for her resume in order to apply for that professor position. 

• Like 9

@dienummereins

Ahhh....that's right. I see othrr people are also worrying now that SHK might continue her trend of awkward-my-lips-are-locked-from-inside kiss in future kiss scenes in this drama. I think it will happen. Such a kill joy. Haih....gahhhhhhhhhh this is Probably the only thing that frustrates me about SHK.

Gahhhhhh ....dont know what to say. If i was the director i'll be shouting at her to be professional and do a proper convincing not akward kiss.

• Like 7

@melissala

I more or less agree with what you said. My point was merely that to me it seemed like the writers had attempted to improve the Chairman's image in the mind of the viewers in that scene so I wondered if it were so because he'd be playing a bigger role in the near future for MY (and the only way I could see that happening was if he offered her a real relationship).

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, melissala said:

He can apologize and she might forgive him, but he's not redeemable for his actions.  She was never interested in him to start with.  If the chairman had not tried to bring her into his room and force her to sleep with him(which I assume is what he wanted), and then punished her for not doing so then maybe I could see it, but nope MY would never be associated with him after being treated like that.  She shouldn't forgive and forget the person who sexually harassed her.  If he were a good guy she was just wasn't too interested in maybe she might settle for him after the danger of being with SJ, but now after his actions never in a million years.  She has too much self respect to waste her time on him.  

I also never got the feeling MY was actively really searching for a perfect partner to give her stability. .  SJ is contrary to what her head should want, but that's just because of the nature of his job, not because he's the opposite of what she was looking for.  Her perfect for her, other than what he does. 

@joongkyo I believe, due to his position the chairman had thought, KMY would be pleased like many other women that he chose her. So when he asked her to come to his room, he had never imagined that she would be upset. She showed that she has her pride and values. So in his anger after being rejected to which he wasn't accostumed, he thought, he could put some pressure on her by sending her away to Uruk. When she arrived, he even called her expecting a repenting woman who would have changed her mind. But as we know KMY, she might have lost the true meaning of being a doctor, nevertheless she showed us that she is a strong-minded and independent woman. She won't change her mind so easily. As conclusion, he acted like a spoiled brat (LOL!).

I really believe, he was interested in her but when he hears about the earthquake, he is afraid of losing her. For two reasons, I don't think, he has given her up and the second reason is that she is famous as a doctor. When YSJ was in Seoul, you could still see her face on posters. So she hasn't lost her popularity. And her death could cause some damage to HJ hospital. 

Unlike YSJ, he has rank and power, but he showed no real respect to KMY. In a certain way, he is dangerous... as he is trying to force KMY to become his lover. Here we can notice that YSJ acted totally differently. He was direct and honest, but still was able to accept KMY's decisions.

So to me, he appears as a potential concurrent to YSJ.

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

In the last episode did anyone else feel that the part where the Hospital's Chairman demands that all measures be taken to get his Medical team out of Uruk

or do you think he has something to do with those diamonds hidden in the power plant?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, staygold said:

or do you think he has something to do with those diamonds hidden in the power plant?

No, I believe, it is related to KMY. I think, he is really interested in her. So he wants to make sure, she is safe and he wants her to come back. I really think, he will try again another move.

• Like 6

Just now, bebebisous33 said:

No, I believe, it is related to KMY. I think, he is really interested in her. So he wants to make sure, she is safe and he wants her to come back. I really think, he will try again another move.

Yes true... he really doesn't have a reason to get involved in the dubious dealings... and KMY is too pretty to forget!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Am I the only one who thinks he was just worried about his staff? I mean he has so many employees there. Not just KMY. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, staygold said:

I don't think so. After all he's a chaebol why would he need to smuggle diamonds. Thats like change money for him, I mean this guy didn't even bat an eyelid about the fact that his entire solar energy power plant gets destroyed. He's just lost several hundred millions and his only worry is getting the medical team out of there. Notice how he didn't mention getting the rest of the Haesung solar plant workers out.

@bebebisous33

agreed!

• Like 13