[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

11 minutes ago, melissala said:

@amvondo  Viki subs aren't bad, but they usually take some time to edit.

I agree with you on that and Viki often the slowest to release their subs. When comes to English subs, Viki is the best because they translate the song, they're more accurate with their translation and fewer grammar mistakes.

DF and VU versions are okay, but they never translate any song within the drama.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nadya92 said:

Gummy- You're My Everything ( Eng Ver) is out??? I saw someone posted it on youtube. I really love the eng version kyaaaaaaaaa 

I think I didn't see anyone posted it yet .. can i post it here?? I'm afraid the mod will edit it:sweatingbullets:

edit: It available on iTunes!! You guys can download it ^^

Thank you~ iTunes download done :wub:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, applegirl2 said:

Now my question is - why is SJK such a great 'eye-actor '? Every look and gaze always makes you believe in the emotion of the scene .. how does he do it ? I dont watch a lot of dramas.. but I feel myself sucked in in all his scenes . . Haven't seen any kdrama actor that makes me 'believe ' so wholeheartedly . 

It's truly bizarre and amazing ... Are there other actors like that in k drama .. maybe I have too little exposure and many of them are like that. . Haha 

In my case I even believe if he really like SHK~ :wub: Since the first Episode I hope that they can be together.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sanaeozora said:

I totally understand your point of view and I appreciate that yours is 'inside knowledge' having been in the military yourself. But if you think about this, if there's any profession in the world that's equally shrouded in secrecy, that would be the medical one. Think about it, doctors are bound to secrecy to protect their patients as tightly as the intelligence officers or more. Even more so if, as Doctor Kang does, the patients she treats are VIPs. Do you think she'd be able to tell Shi-jin about any of the ailments afflicting the president of a financial conglomerate? Of course not...and Shi-jin would be smart enough not to ask. 

Please don't stone me to death but I feel that she was a little unfair when it came to her negative judgement of Shi-jin's job. She decided from day one that she did not like what he did, and that's even before she actually knew what that was. I understand she was upset about him standing her up not once, but twice. But if you think about it, that was mostly bad luck, in fact, the second time he stood her up, if his call to report had come only five minutes later, she would have received the call from Doctor Lee telling her to come to the hospital and then it would have been her standing him up. 

So, even if I understand her disappointment at being stood up, I don't appreciate how she just decided that she didn't like his job when she didn't even know the first thing about the army (not even what a non-commissioned officer was!). I found this to be rather unfair of her, I know he cannot tell her about his job, but she can still learn a fair amount about what life in the army entails without him having to breach any secrecy, and who knows, she might even find that there is a lot of common ground between her job and his, starting with the fact that they're both professions bound to being honourable at all times. 

But it's okay, I think that right now, as she sees him in action at the earthquake site she'll see it for herself. 

Sorry for quoting your post. :)

Somehow I find your opinion interesting, I couldn't agree with it but then I have to take and understand the point you are trying to say: Dr.KMY is unfair towards Capt. YSJ.

It is pretty obvious that she likes him, no doubt as  with the way she expressed her words and the way talked to him, may it flirty or sarcastic.

They bid their farewells for the second time around when Capt. YSJ asked her about the "kiss". Unfortunately, She wasn't ready to talk about it but then Capt. YSJ has no time and he needs an answer that moment (because he is leaving again). There's a pressure on her side, remember that she is still "confused" and weighing her feelings towards him, her heart is ready but her mind is not.. you can't make a concrete decision in that kind of situation.

Her excuse, him being a soldier, the consequences that she feared of (his life at always at risk, he time is always limited, leaving in the middle of their date..etc.) but that's not the point-- she is actually thinking for a long term relationship and how will it happen with a guy like him?

She just pointed out what's in their, the reality. At the very moment, how will she find a strong reason to be with him when he is actually "leaving" her at the same time? When he can't be with her when she needs him? And that is what holding her back. She is not being unfair, but being coward because she is not yet ready with the consequences.

Remember that she was upset the next morning, uttering the words about him leaving her without giving second chances, it is clear that there is a regret. I hope that they could talk once again about their budding "relationship " not in a rush, not with pressure but in a perfect time and hopefully Dr.KMY is brave enough to accept him no matter what.

IG posts credit to the owner

• Like 23

1 hour ago, MaxT said:

This drama is very exciting and the rating is extremely high in the first 6 episodes. The highest was above 29.8% and came 1st.  I know this is a big budget drama and has many scenes were created in CGI special effects. It's pretty much like a movie style action war romantic drama.

Btw, does anyone know who sings the song in episode 6 at 15:20? It's a very nice song and possibly the best song I have heard so far in this drama.

Check for the link below :)  love this song too~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLUTOSo4jjc&feature=youtu.be

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, saenain said:

Hahahaha~ Same here~~~~ I don't get it why they don't release K.Will song???? :tears: I've been waiting since Eps. 1 checking in iTunes regulary. At least in have Everytime on my playlist and I play it everytime. LOL~

Hello chinggus...if my ears can be trusted, i've already heard K-Will song in Ep.3...the scene when our SongSong Couple at the boat on their way to date to the island... :blush::blush:

So far its my favourite because its very catchy... :heart::heart:

• Like 4

SHK doesn't have to shed a lot of tears..just one drop..and I can already feel the sadness. She's amazing!! 

Btw I think I saw someone asking about what happened to the bad guys during the earthquake.

They will reappear after this..I remember reading about this somewhere. 

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

Hello chinggus...if my ears can be trusted, i've already heard K-Will song in Ep.3...the scene when our SongSong Couple at the boat on their way to date to the island... :blush::blush:

So far its my favourite because its very catchy... :heart::heart:

Hello ^^

Hahaha~ Actually it is since Eps. 1

I recognize K.Will voice and my hands goes up when I hear the song. It was on the scene when KMY called YSJ (the scene that we all loved?). I think most people focused on Joong Ki abs, hahaha~ but the song just catch my ears instantly. :heart:

• Like 5

Episode 5: Done !!

Finally, I can devote my body and my heart to this beautiful drama. Gyaaaa chincha their dialogues are really mature, realistic too I would say. :wub: what else ? What else ? 

Episode 6: I'm coming baby !!!! 

• Like 10

@missling1 Oh~ :bawling:

I just realize about this scene and because this injury I'm so looking forward for DOTS. I cannot show how much I'm happy with all dedication from Joong Ki. In this drama he got a lot of praise and love, and it is because he deserve it. He didn't take long rest because he didn't want to disappoint the crew, so he only took two weeks of rest. I remember on the premier interview he said that he's still recovery. I know that he's better now, and I'm very happy because of that. I couldn't love him more~ :heart:

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, mktb said:

Sorry for quoting your post. :)

Somehow I find your opinion interesting, I couldn't agree with it but then I have to take and understand the point you are trying to say: Dr.KMY is unfair towards Capt. YSJ.

It is pretty obvious that she likes him, no doubt as  with the way she expressed her words and the way talked to him, may it flirty or sarcastic

They bid their farewells for the second time around when Capt. YSJ asked her about the "kiss". Unfortunately, She wasn't ready to talk about it but then Capt. YSJ has no time and he needs an answer that moment (because he is leaving again). There's a pressure on her side, remember that she is still "confused" and weighing her feelings towards him, her heart is ready maybe but her mind is not.. you can't make a concrete decision in that kind of situation. Her excuse, him being a soldier, the consequences that she feared of (his life at always at risk, he time is always limited, leaving in the middle of their date..etc.) but that's not the point-- she is actually thinking for a long term relationship and how will it happen with a guy like him? She just pointed out what's in their, the reality. At the very moment, how will she find a strong reason to be with him when he is actually "leaving" her at the same time? And that is what holding her back. She is not being unfair, but being coward because she is not yet ready with the consequences.

Remember that she was upset the next morning, uttering the words about him leaving her without giving second chances, it is clear that there is a regret. I hope that they could talk once again about their budding "relationship " not in a rush, not with pressure but in a perfect time and hopefully Dr.KMY is brave enough to accept him no matter what.

IG post credit to the owner

First of all, thank you for your sincere words. If we all agreed all the time, it would void the whole point of having a forum.

Also, as I've said, while I don't like some things she's said to him (I've already mentioned the whole 'life is sanctified' and I will now add the whole 'I don't like you' from the second rejection) I fully respect the fact that in both instances, it was HER choice, and hers alone and I do understand the reasoning she used, even though I don't share it. 

I feel however, that the problem they've had so far is with timing. Shi-jin is also a guilty part in here, even if he had no choice in the matter, he was forced to leave her at the worst possible time in more than one occasion. The first time, she was perplexed and curious more than hurt or offended, the second time, she was upset and the situation compounded when she found out about the loss of her more than well deserved promotion and those feelings were carried on to the 1st rejection where she had had a crappy day and his silence did not help. Not to mention that even if she had decided to give him a third chance and have a proper date, he was going to leave soon anyway. For the second rejection, once again she made her choice not to pursue the relationship probably after she found out that he was leaving her again. I feel that this kind of made her so upset that she ended up saying things she did not mean, such as the aforementioned 'I don't like you'. 

I feel it was unfair on her that he had to leave before she could make her mind up. And I do feel that given some more time, she might have made an entirely different choice. Yet again, she too was about to leave, let's not forget that had it not been for the earthquake, she and her team would have been sent back to Korea. So, I understand she got upset that Shi-jin had left without even saying goodbye but, in the end, they would have had to go their separate ways regardless and maybe those two or three extra days they would have had if Shi-jin had not left would not have made that much of a difference...after all, it did seem to me like she probably needed a lot longer than that.

Thankfully for us, they're now back in each other's life and the sorry disaster that's brought them together once again will work wonders in terms of helping her figure out what she wants and how she wants to achieve it.

To be honest, what I'm most afraid right now, considering we're not even half way through the drama is that after she'll make her choice, one that she's had to suffer greatly to make, there will be something else that will get in the way. Perhaps it might even be Shi-jin himself that, seeing her get in danger because of him, he might make the choice to let her go so that she can be kept safe. And let's not forget Lt General Yoon. I DO NOT TRUST THAT GUY, AT ALL.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, saenain said:

Hello ^^

Hahaha~ Actually it is since Eps. 1

I recognize K.Will voice and my hands goes up when I hear the song. It was on the scene when KMY called YSJ (the scene that we all loved?). I think most people focused on Joong Ki abs, hahaha~ but the song just catch my ears instantly. :heart:

Definitely i'm the one among them...LOL

Special for you and all DoTS fans that can't wait K-Will song for any longer... :blush::grin:

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

Definitely i'm the one among them...LOL

Special for you and all DoTS fans that can't wait K-Will song for too long... :blush::grin:

Hahaha~ Thank you~ Indeed, I'm like waiting for three weeks now, and still not yet :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alleverything said:

I am SO curious about episode 7/8, how are we supposed to wait? I just remembered the second main trailer they released, and that it had a scene where MY asks SJ if he really wants her to choose who to save (something like that?) In that trailer, it seems like both of them are down in the ruins.

I think this will also be another scene where she has more understanding for what he does. That it's a disaster zone, you can't save everyone like in the safe environment of a hospital

which trailer is that? i'm haven't see it yet so curious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thea2410 said:

SWOON-WORTHY! uri CAPTAIN YOO :love:

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images. Thank you.

hmmmm... @minoz_joyax you mean this? ;) here you go! :D 

this scene so cute.. when MY just go her way and refused to give a handshake to MJ.. SJ was like.. hmmm.. that's my girl.. hahaha..

that's exactly what i wanted....THANK YOU BIG TIME CHINGU, I OWE YOU ONE!!!!!! blow.gif

• Like 2