[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hi! It's been awhile the last time I posted here. Anyway, as always we have an amazing episodes these past few weeks! Congratulations to DOTS! The ratings keeps on increasing! Daebak~ 

I can't really say what is my favorite episode so far because each of it has important messages to learn from. About episode 6? I think this IG post will explain it. 

Credit to the owner

• Like 15

This drama is very exciting and the rating is extremely high in the first 6 episodes. The highest was above 29.8% and came 1st.  I know this is a big budget drama and has many scenes were created in CGI special effects. It's pretty much like a movie style action war romantic drama.

Btw, does anyone know who sings the song in episode 6 at 15:20? It's a very nice song and possibly the best song I have heard so far in this drama.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Have yet to watch the subbed Ep 6, but have read some comments about KMY and how she was still unable to accept YSJ. Thing is, when someone has a career so shrouded in secrecy, it *is* very difficult to take that step forward to establish a friendship, much less a romantic relationship. When I was in the military service, because of security issues, I also didn't talk much about my work beyond the cursory description of what I do (like how YSJ goes, "I'm a soldier", yeah, basically that was it "I'm in defence" ~ duh, though that pretty much always stopped the questions) though I wasn't in the highest security unit (and in my opinion, I didn't think I did anything remotely interesting. Hahahaha). I had colleagues in the intelligence unit though and goodness - I always felt they were the most impossible people to even build a friendship with. You can't even have a close-to-normal conversation with them. And it's not like intel is "dangerous" as such - you just deal with very secret and sensitive information, but you're not jumping off buildings or holding arms all day. Nevertheless... those people DON'T TALK. I always thought they would somehow implode eventually. So imagine being pursued by someone whose life is shrouded not just in secrecy but in danger as well. 

I totally understand your point of view and I appreciate that yours is 'inside knowledge' having been in the military yourself. But if you think about this, if there's any profession in the world that's equally shrouded in secrecy, that would be the medical one. Think about it, doctors are bound to secrecy to protect their patients as tightly as the intelligence officers or more. Even more so if, as Doctor Kang does, the patients she treats are VIPs. Do you think she'd be able to tell Shi-jin about any of the ailments afflicting the president of a financial conglomerate? Of course not...and Shi-jin would be smart enough not to ask. 

Please don't stone me to death but I feel that she was a little unfair when it came to her negative judgement of Shi-jin's job. She decided from day one that she did not like what he did, and that's even before she actually knew what that was. I understand she was upset about him standing her up not once, but twice. But if you think about it, that was mostly bad luck, in fact, the second time he stood her up, if his call to report had come only five minutes later, she would have received the call from Doctor Lee telling her to come to the hospital and then it would have been her standing him up. 

So, even if I understand her disappointment at being stood up, I don't appreciate how she just decided that she didn't like his job when she didn't even know the first thing about the army (not even what a non-commissioned officer was!). I found this to be rather unfair of her, I know he cannot tell her about his job, but she can still learn a fair amount about what life in the army entails without him having to breach any secrecy, and who knows, she might even find that there is a lot of common ground between her job and his, starting with the fact that they're both professions bound to being honourable at all times. 

But it's okay, I think that right now, as she sees him in action at the earthquake site she'll see it for herself. 

• Like 12

I'm watching this at [Removed]. But that site now close. They won't be doing anymore subtitle. 

Does anyone know any other website I can watch this instead of viki?  Not that I'm not willing to pay at viki. Just that their sub isn't that good. So I'm preferring somewhere else instead. Viki will be my last choice. 

MOD edit: Please do not post illegal streaming site

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, sukeyakyo said:

you can try this

THANK YOU .. muah muah muah

44 minutes ago, chicann7 said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but have been watching Descendants of the Sun religiously since it started. I even watched the raws late at night (in my part of the wo

WOAHHH .. Great stuff .. keep them coming .. loving every line ...

59 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Hahahaha... but oh, when there is a major life crisis, all the more you need to feeeeeeel dem emotions, yo. ;) Kekekekek...

49 minutes ago, mianabelle said:

@Bambiina hahaha oke oke no bed scene yet but can we have it before 10 episode afterall someone said the single bed nearby the window and captain room will be available before they return from Urk right? :wub:

For the Songsong shipper i just finished BTS hunting and found nothing new yet but there are some news from a fans of songsong shipper that make statement that our captain YSJ wore 'couple bracelet' while playing bilyard (using stripe shirt) and our doctor KMY also wear it in other scene. Alas i cant find clear shoot of her wearing it in ep 6 there are possibility she wore it while on the helicopter but tats not clear enough (under her watch). Might have to check another ep probably. But if any of you doing for rerun like i my plan for the weekend, will you all help hehehe 

Ok officially im this couple stalker

Wahahaha .. we are one greedy lot ... One kiss and we asking for more ...  And we get the kiss as early as 4th episode (not just some random or accident kiss) .. A kiss when both are sober ,,, and clear of what happening - we seldom get such kiss at this early stage... There are accident kiss that i always happen as early as first episode (in other dramas) - but that is different .. 

Demm you gals .. you kept me talking about the kiss .. look like I'm the only pervert here .. :sigh: ... You know I can write good stuff too okay not just some estrogen filled post .. I can write like those admin in DB .. with good insight .. analysis .. sheeshhh .. it's you gals that turn me into this .. okay I promise I refrain from talking about nonsense for 6 days ... only intelligent discussion after this

• Like 13

episode 6 is awesome....the editing is really good.i like the humanity in this drama...this ep centered about the medical team.MY do a good job....I teary when see the earthquake scene,  it look real....:bawling:

MY  can finally understand SJ.they both had the profession that need them to serve other  people before themself......

the shoelace scene is breaktaking...no wonder this drama got the attention from viewer.it really good.....good job all the cast.

• Like 9

@Ahpheng LOVINGGGGGGGGGGGG evry strip .. wahahahah..

I need one on FIL -  our father in law (MJ dad) ,, wahahah I challenge you to cook up something .. I kinda fall in love with FIL .. wahahahhahha... 

:sigh: .................. arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!,, This thread is as addictive as the drama ... or may be even more addictive than the drama .. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, nataliakay said:

Oh my god....was listening to the new OST by Kim Na Young and I was like damn...this song would be perfect for YSJ and MY's bed scene!!! (If there will be one that is lol)

How about kwill song the one played when they were going to the wrecked ship ?not yet release?

• Like 3

The Earthquake scene was directed so well that it felt so realistic and heartbreaking to watch. The scene that captured my heart during the earthquake was when a worker that has been pierced with a steel bar wailing that "it hurts", the power plant manager lying trapped under the rubble reached for a rock to make some noises in the hope that someone outside would come to rescue. His worker's safety and wellbeing was his priority. Such a great human being! It would later be a scene in next week episode where YSJ will carry out the dangerous mission to rescue them.

12819148_962381540482684_326503892_n.jpg

Spoiler

12328135_143235536067725_268443578_n.jpg

cr: storyaboutagirl

• Like 13

First goal.. Be top than the others drama in same slot.. DONE !

Second goal.. Surprass mlfts 28,1... DONE.. !

Third.. Can be ttw..  top 10.. Huufftt not done but been trending on thailand n phillipines .. Sure can be someday.. Will patiently waiting for it

Well I really been grateful so far n so happy for all achievement... Songsong couple rules !! :D

But this article below make me have another goal ... A milestone to conquere .. Hahaha

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201603111657283202581_2

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Don’t be greedy – Aishhh!! .. Drama God may punished us –  as long as we have a 4.5, I am okay!! .. if it is more .. I consider as BONUS …

Dangg this is not “adult-only-forum” … Or I would have listed the detail of each level … how that 4.5 would be like? ..

Since we can’t break the rule lets bend it a bit -  Lets categorized the kiss – HB and SHK - for me they are at level 4 … so heheh … use your imagination my 4.5 what it would be like? ..

@ZarraJae  Hiya – you make me confused now … I thought he had to think 1000 times before he decided to make that kiss move – not that he was thinking to kiss her 1000 times … or is it the same?? .. Danggg I am confused…

Demm my english

ehmmm... you make my face red here imagining what would be level 5 and above if you consider HB and SHK kiss scene are level 4.

so level 5 and above definitely will get censored even before it get broadcast LOL...:D, and that only pass on R-rated Kmovie :phew:

• Like 4

A relationship is for keeps because it needs both parties to invest in it. Therefore, one has a choice. There is no right or wrong choice. It's up to the individual. If one party makes a decision after weighing all probabilities, it's her decision. She has a choice not to accept a guy who is shrouded in secrecy. Nothing wrong with that. Must we please others to accept somebody we're not comfortable with to go into a relationship? A normal relationship takes time to invest, not to mention about one shrouded in secrecy.

It's totally different - soldiers and doctors. One is national security. One is patient security. National security affects everyone. Hence, there'll surely be lots of vested interest and if it affects KMY, naturally she wants to know what's going on. What's her take in the relationship. How will having a soldier boyfriend affects her relationship; affects her plans for a family; affects emotional support etc. There are many considerations.

You can tell that KMY loves YSJ. It was not an easy decision. Yet, I admire her for making a decision, despite loving him, so that they could move on and carry out their respective duties faithfully without a burden. If she accepted him with misgivings in her heart, things will not work out later. It's better to be sure. They were not to know that destiny has its way after all.

• Like 20

17 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

She is assertive even in her romantic relationship with captain Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki). Instead of depending on him and being swayed by emotions, Kang Mo Yeon is always honest about how she feels. She freely expresses her jealousy by telling Yoo Si Jin that his “choice in restaurants is very ‘masculine’” when he gives a glance to an attractive waitress and her sadness when she learns that Yoo Si Jin would be returning to Korea. While she is attracted to Yoo Si Jin as a man, Mo Yeon doesn’t hide her inner conflict regarding his dangerous occupation as well.

this description of KMY character couldn't agree more.

she's a total package...being a DOCTOR can consume most of her time...that's why she need a man that she doesn't need to be  worried all the time.....if SJ like @SeGafanlady said that he will be promoted to the higher position and not going to the battlefield .... then KMY will not have a second thought of accepting him.... when he confess that she loves her. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, nadya92 said:

Gummy- You're My Everything ( Eng Ver) is out??? I saw someone posted it on youtube. I really love the eng version kyaaaaaaaaa 

I think I didn't see anyone posted it yet .. can i post it here?? I'm afraid the mod will edit it:sweatingbullets:

edit: It available on iTunes!! You guys can download it ^^

Thank you .... i've been searching for english version from ep 1....finally....

01a_zps3usrlvld.gif

• Like 7