[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

This drama is just too awesome!!! I hope it will keep this great momentum till the end... And i really wish for a happy ending... Not only for our main couple, but also for the 2nd couple... I have had enough of sad and open ending... Sigh... I really enjoy each and  every single scene of this drama so far... DoTS AWESOME!!!

• Like 19

2 hours ago, minoz_joyax said:

cyang923 is right, it isn't SOng Ji EUn's DOn't Look at Me Like That, it's a new OST, if i am not mistaken it is sung by Kim Na Young, the one posted by @xinwen

here's the cut of the new OST shared by @yoshinene on page321

youtube link

Here's what I read regarding the song. I thought it's Song Ji Eun

http://seoulbeats.com/2014/10/finding-freedom-song-ji-euns-dont-look-like/

• Like 4

Don't be stressed! There are still 10 episodes left meaning that the main cast will still be strong and alive! 

There isn't really a plot with the bad evildoers yet.. I don't mind but we all know this earthquake is a filler! :) It makes me want more even though there is not much new! :)

• Like 7

First time commenting on this forum! Im just hooked to this drama. Honestly, the last time i loved a drama so much was Master's Sun(i know, that was so long ago) But somehow, there was never a drama after that (not even My Love From The Stars) who can capture so much of my attention! From the cast, the storyline, the amazing view, this show is just amazing! And i just love our OTP! Hopefully, the story will be as interesting and not go downhill.

AND DEAR EP 7, I DEMAND MORE OF OTP MOMENTS. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, crixa said:

Agree to disagree. I do not agree with this. From the get go, DOTS is a "romance" melodrama as claimed by the writer with Army-Medical elements. So I cannot comprehend, why the Hancinema writer is baffled that the drama is centered on the romance of YSJ and KMY. :blink: It supposed to center around them with the second lead romance tagging along.

I cried with Jinki during this scene. Some people did not understand that it wasn't an ordinary death. As a nurse, I understood him. He thought he caused the death since he placed the wrong color tag. I was bawling my eyes out.:tears:

you're right. i think since this drama mentioned male lead as a soldier they expected it has many action scene or war scene in it well kinda bridal mask/gaksital drama. but if we read the info about genre of this drama, its romance and melodrama not action genre. as a hopelessly romantic idiot that love soldier/nurse or soldier/doctor romance in novels and film, i'm so happy that it focus about their character, struggle in the relationship and a bit action scene. i won't like it so much if it become a war drama. and i really love the humor and the dialogue in this drama. its refreshing and so witty. the romance/bromance/womance scene too. but if someone don't like romance they will feel this drama as cheesy. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

While the universe gushed on episode 6.....Me----> withdrawal syndrome....going hibernation mode.....wake me up when Wednesday comes. 

*sigh.........*

Couldn't more agree....every minute I push refresh button to this thread, (not good for my insanity:crazy:)

After watch epi 5 & 6, I can't believe they just keep getting better and better with each episode. No wonder the rating soaring high.

I love them all. It just draw you in. The ending of episode 6 made my heart broken into pieces. After shoe lace scene, off course YSJ will keep the distance from KMY. This woman had rejected him twice (- twice!-) .Even he miss her and longing for her, there is nothing he can't do. Previously KMY need time and space and now an earthquake to overcome the emotional road blocks.

And all I can do is begging to my TV….” Please, please, please, hugs him tight Moe Yoen-ah, give him kisses that will melt his heart!”:bawling:

• Like 17

I hope to see more of MY and MJ interactions and eventually settle their differences in the past and have some girl talks about their respective namjas lol MY can actually learn something from her like how she dearly loves DY in spite knowing the nature of his job and I'm sure they can pretty much relate to each other.

Edited by ann143
  • Like 11

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Episode 6

photo699893.jpg

This is seriously baffling. "Descendants of the Sun" episode 6 blasted ratings precedents with 28.5%. The drama is most definitely not about action and is all about the romance, the Song Joong-ki stare, and the manufactured drama. I admit to welcoming the earthquake and the chaos it fosters because it pulls the drama out of its extremely romance heavy focus.

What detracts from the high-budget beauty of the episode is the circular happenings between both couples. Si-jin and Mo-yeon have the same fight every episode. Mo-yeon cannot accept his dangerous, unpredictable life style, and he cannot change it to suit her needs. She constantly rejects him, and he constantly puts his foot in his mouth. As for Dae-yeong and Myeong-joo, they are separated by status and family demands, but that doesn't stop them from moping around each other and missing each other. I wish we could see them more like they are with Si-jin. Individually, Myeong-joo and Dae-yeong are just delightful when they're hanging out with the precocious soldier who is madly in love with Mo-yeon.

DOTS1DOTS2

As for the earthquake, that was a very magnificent scene in its high-budget beauty and overwhelming in its devastation. It heralded in a lot of reflection about what it's like to be a medical professional and the agony one feels when life is lost. Inexperienced and naive Chi-hoon sobs when he loses (what seems to be) his first patient. It would be quite a moving scene if it wasn't for the sweeping background music that almost scoffs at Chi-hoon's emotion - as though his emotion is a paltry nothing in comparison to the music's grandeur. Onew does a good job crying after all of his adorable aegyo.

In general, I believe this drama romanticizes war and natural situations in the literary sense. It is this epic happening that changes lives. It could delve more into the nitty gritty of that rather than focus so much on the back-and-forth of the romances. With the Song-Song couple at the helm, they will never become forgotten should they not be the focus of every scene. There is also a lot of time taken up by all of the flashbacks. I'm not sure if that is meant to fill time or is supposed to effectively bolster the narrative.

DOTS3DOTS4

There were a few directional shot frames that were, for the first time in the show, very jarring and ungainly. The split screen between Mo-yeon and Si-jin was so haphazard. But then we get the scene that inspired the poster for the show: when Si-jin ties Mo-yeon's shoe, tells her he is glad she is safe, and then they part...again. It would be more effected if these two parted less and got along more.

Although I'm a bit disillusioned by the hype, the show still holds this magnetic appeal. It's written so that the romance, despite its faults, is engaging. We want to find out what happens to our couple, the people they care for, and the land they have decided to stay and protect. What did you think, HanCinema viewers? Is episode 6 deserving of its enormously high ratings?

posterphoto699892.jpg

Orion's trivium: Name of the Week - Song Hye-kyo's name written in Greek would be Σόνγκ Χιέ Κιό.

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-descendants-of-the-sun-episode-6-92291.html

Interesting POV...

• Like 5