[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

2 hours ago, inshara2000 said:
  Hide contents

Just realised we are yet to watch this scene. Looks like they are not in Uruk. They will probably be back in SK. But Why? I don't think this story is as simple as some people are saying. It do have layers which make me freaking excited.

ikr... the whole story didn't take a place at urk, and i didn't think problems there just finish because he can catch the bad guy there. especially because the bad guy was a soldier, there must be some story behind it that will continue until they are back to south korea. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

When the visuals are too strong, every scene feels like a photoshoot. Definitely no photoshop needed. I'm always torn between staring at their beautiful faces or reading the subs. Both SJK & SHK really need to do a photoshoot together. Can someone make that happen? 

that one of the reason why pople watching over and over again. they take a time to just watch a beautiful face, and then read the sub. :P

this is might sound so odd, people talking about great cinematography and that help their visual look stunning even more. i do agree but still, i can't help to keep thinking how could they make every people eyes so glowing and life in this drama, damn i can stop staring ant those. 

• Like 9

i also just rememberd this tiny preview we got months and months back. (this was filmed before they went to greece, but they made it look like it was in greece)

35 minutes ago, xukii said:

Sorry to cut your post. I am seriously praying that MY does not turn into a damsel in distress. As a fan, I feel a bit disappointed that she gets overshadowed by flirty, charming Mr. soldier. 

Wonder how many scenes are there left in Greece. I recalled that SHK and SJK first met in Greece for their shooting and they only spent 1 month there. 

This one is not shown yet in any episodes. 

Huh? They met in May at the table read, and then they started filming in June/July, so they had already shot a whole lot before going to Greece. Not all Uruk scenes are filmed in Greece, a lot of it was just filmed in Korea, making it look like Greece/Uruk. So the month they spent there was mostly for outside scenery filming. For example them going to the beach, standing on beautiful cliffs etc.

• Like 10

Dear DOTS troopers.. just remembered a scene in one of the trailers / music videos .. there was a shot of an empty bed with a helmet and uniform and ID tag... suddenly felt a shot of fear.. could it be someone dies??? :tears:

Gosh. . I'm really going crazy. . 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

[HanCinema's Drama First Look] "Descendants of the Sun"

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-first-look-descendants-of-the-sun-92099.html

I JUST READ THIS ARTICLE...I DON'T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN HERE...ANYWAY I'M VERY HAPPY OUR DRAMA IS SO POPULAR ON SO MANY SITES...

I can't be more agree with you~ I was quite upset when I read it, but if I think about it there are so many fans out there who loves this drama just like us, and definitely none of us agree with some of those statements. But for the good part I agree, because they did praise the drama too :)

• Like 6

with the attention of the so-called "wine Kiss" of Song2 couple in DoTs is getting  that became a HOT TOPIC , tvreport came up with the Best 5 kiss in KDramaland and they included this DoTs wine Kiss!  well I guess the writer/PD have a good choice of what kissing scene comes first and for sure there will be more to come!  

11259832_469604769895392_446252223_n.jpg

- 와인 키스 : '태양의 후예' 송중기♥송혜교(2016년)

20160306_1457194960_57591200_1.jpg

they have the description for this kiss but its in Korean and I tried to check out the trans thru google but its quite funny to read

http://tv.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=872776

• Like 20

3 hours ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

I have watched quite a number of Song Hye Kyo'd projects but I have never seen her this lively and stunning.

Trust me when I say I am totally won over by Song Joong Ki in this role. No one can hate Captain Shi Jin for his righteousness, strong sense of justice, humor and the way he loves a woman.

But I do admit I feel sad when Song Hye Kyo doesn't seem to get the amount of attention she deserves for her role; and probably how many people easily think MY is a childish character when in fact she is more in touch with the real world than Shi Jin actually.

MY's world is more like what an ordinary people experience. She tries to earn what she deserves by working hard but she soon realizes the unfairness in this world and also the importance of money and connection. She is not afraid to speak her mind against people who wrong her, the chief who declined her academic title, the incompetent fellow brat who passed her the TV spot or the hospital chairman who wanted to take advantage of her. Doctors save patients but they also need to earn money to live; and not all but most people love to be recognized for what they do/ Even though Shi Jin points out that she might have changed, I honestly don't find anything wrong with that. That's how it is in the real world.

When Shi Jin first met MY, he was impressed with how she wasn't scared of "gangster" and did what she could to save the patient and find out the truth about his assault.

In Urk,Shi Jin words may help motivate MY but deep down she is still the same. MY made a rational medical decision to save the patient but if she couldn't save him, she would be in trouble or risk her reputation. Even the fact that she didn't even have proper medical information about the patient might not have saved her. Shi Jin took all the responsibilities but the Arab people would hold both responsible for sure. She didn't do surgeries for the last 8 months too. But she confidently looked at Shi Jin in his eyes and said she could; she didn't even back down at gun point.

Ok, her talk with Shi Jin's bosses might seem strange. But think about it: she genuinely thought she single-handedly ruined Shi Jin's career with her decision and that he did this because of her. When Shi Jin harshly scolded her later, she realized things were more complicated than just that and eventually apologized to him in the kitchen. She learns about things she didn't know before

So how is MY immature and childish?

Song Hye Kyo's potrayal of MY is so on point for me. She makes MY one of the most attractive doctors with the best smile have ever know.

Whether MY looks messy (after coming out of the hospital), uncompromising (the hair grabbing scene), become practical or materialistic (her talk about money, climbing the social status, Kangnam clinic...), she is so real and confident. I really love the scenes MY complained with her friend that she almost kill the chairman, how she flatly said she is sexy with Shi Jin, how she drools over the shirtless soldier or (shamelessly) asks for two VIP cards. 

We need someone like her to see the how the world she and Shi Jin live in so similar (both for saving people) yet so different. Soon, I believe MY will fully understand Shi Jin's world and truly becomes a "pure" doctor. 

Again, I am fully on board with praises for Song Joong Ki. But Song Hye Kyo has done a fine damn job too, very convincing and believable. Netizens, pls don't just praise her for her beauty but her acting as Dr Kang too.

Hai i'm new in here... and read your think about SHK .. i totally agree... i feel, when i see MY in DotS, i completely forget that it played by SHK... because it's feel so real.. that character of MY.. even if I compare with YSJ.. i still can feel or see sometimes is SJK...since  my first time korean drama winter sonata, i've never shipper the otp although how good the couple such as bae yong jun and choi ji wo.. until the healer which is good too.. but in DotS, from the first time i've heard that will play by SJK and SHK.. I've just a little hope and wish that they can be close not just in this playing role but also in real life... and my wish now as the DotS begin is bloom to the max that they can be close together not just in DotS... perhaps.... in real life ..lol... sorry if my english not very good, im from indonesia.. love to be in this forum, i hope i could be Dots troopers too. 

• Like 19

foto cro kyo1122 ig

12081233_591087341042329_1491126517_n_zpp

Annyeonhaseyo!!!Been a silent lurker and this is my first time posting on here and I just wanna ask about this pic.

I was lurking to SHK's IG and this PIC catches my attention. I was wondering if this pic has something to do with the upcoming ep where in KMY is inside the car near the cliff? or just a random BTS photo...HMMM

Having said that, Did she fell  on the cliff along with the car? Well I'm just thinking if yes maybe YSJ gonna save her and will gave her mouth to mouth resuscitation omo hahaha ottokee? DOTS making me crazy!!!

WelI I sucks on making predictions so enlighten me juseyo!!!

• Like 23

58 minutes ago, applegirl2 said:

Dear DOTS troopers.. just remembered a scene in one of the trailers / music videos .. there was a shot of an empty bed with a helmet and uniform and ID tag... suddenly felt a shot of fear.. could it be someone dies??? :tears:

Yes, I remember the shot too. At first I thought it didn't mean anything but now that you mentioned it, it might mean something. So far everything that's happened in DotS didn't just happen out of the blue. Even the villain has some sort of history with YSJ which is kinda unexpected to me. Gonna start preparing myself for the angst then.

@ann143 DotS is making EVERYONE crazy. :) Yes I like the idea. CPR please!! :D

• Like 15

1 hour ago, applegirl2 said:

I remembered the scene too! His gun was also on the bed. Had the same thought about him dying but was hopeful that it represents him leaving the life of a soldier to maybe follow her for humanitarian work. If he doesn't leave his career as a soldier, I can't see how they can be together. He is never going to around and it is not as if she can be an army doctor like MJ. 

• Like 13

Just watched again Ep 3 & 4. For like...I think the 4th time? My god...how am I gonna last till Wed?!

Btw, just an opinion. I realize SJK looks really good and manly when he did not gel up his hair (when he is in base or on duty) versus when he is off duty. Don't you think so? 

He looks especially good when he is being serious and all work out in the scene when they had to save the Arab VIP. I lost count how many times I replay that part. 

**side note. How one earth does one post pictures here without a link? 

• Like 8

Descendants of the Sun‘ sold 25 thousand US dollar each episode. Rising hot issues at Internet.KBS Wed-Thu drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’ over 20% viewership and making hot issues. This drama is 100% shooting of entire drama.

Audience good response to ‘Descendants of the Sun’ after ‘Reply 1988‘.

But ‘Descendants of the Sun’ is great good fortune drama. Officials thinking about do not expected about result. The reason that there is no one success with shooting of entire drama.

First success case with the shooting of entire drama. It is power of China money.

Success of ‘Descendants Of The Sun’ is over viewership because it is the shooting of entire drama different between ‘You Who Came From The Stars’ and ‘Yongpal’. Another name, it is not live-drama with audience.

DOTS_a01_01

source and complete article: http://www.koreasnoop.com/archives/1385

• Like 16