[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

5 minutes ago, twtwb said:

Thanks @leedonghaek. I would never want to get in the fight about who is popular than whom. Everyone has his or her favorite actress/actor and I understand that to them their actress/actor is the best. But while fans' views are subjective, news sites and journalism should be objective. I don't mind them criticizing SHK, but they are expected to do so with supporting statements or arguments. Running such a title without any substance to support is misleading. That's why I can't help but reacting to this kind of titles/articles (to be clear, I just reacted against the article and not your post. Like you, I also would like to know about how Korean viewers think about SHK's performance and characters in DOTS).

Ikr? It's useless comparing the four leads. Each has their own strengths. That's why they were chosen for these roles.

Is there any Korean article about SHK's perf in DotS? So far I haven't found any. 

• Like 5

Thanks @xinwen for sharing this. My friends are right Songsong couple rocks!

+ 2546/-45] Songsong couple's jackpot

[+2140/-53] Song joongki attractive smiling facial expression, voice bla bla ...

[+1761/-134] Song hyekyo makes day camp atmosphere more pretty ..

• Like 12

KJW more popular than SHK?

It is because netters are curious to know someone they did not well before dotS. SHK has already gained popularity long before KJW, so that is why netters are more like digging new infos on her. That is normal I think. 

• Like 2

On 6 March 2016 at 2:17 PM, shksjk said:

mod edit: please do not quote images!

i looove SJ sexy husky voice and sexy gaze....and sooo looking forward for the above scene where our otp will have another kiss...a deeper one i guess...hhmmmm

im a fan of kyo since autumn in my heart and kinda shipping her with almost all of her co stars...lol...i maybe weird, but i see resemblance of won bin in joong ki looks as SJ....and that makes me shipping song song couple hard...lol...anyway, love our otp in dots, so far i have no complains yet, maybe just small things like doctor outfits in a war torn country, should be more convenient like wearing trousers and sneakers are more appropriate i think, and also when she left beloved captain stranded in a faraway road thats a bit cruel although makes me chuckle a bit...

i dont know if im the only one here who feel sad whenever i see longing gaze of SJ, i feel sad and pain inside his eyes, and we havent reached the actual angst and despair yet, but i still wanna cry watching it, he is just so intense, although super hot, hehe...i feel like the coming episodes will be heart breaking, but im still hopeful with a happy ending...

(well for me personally not just in the drama but for our precious song tandem in real life...hehe lol dont hit me..)

Oh my god i thought i'm th only one. I think SJK does have a resemblance with won bin too! Certain angles. Maybe that's his face suits SHK very much (won bin looks good with SHK too)

• Like 13

Guest joynara
1 hour ago, leedonghaek said:

My internet connection is really slow now..can you search @theseoulstory on Twitter? They've the link for the article. It's in Hangul tho. Instiz is often referred by international sites. It's reliable but so is Nate (This site is full of bitter commenters)

Then again, my intention is not for us to argue who's more popular between those two. I just wanna know if SHK still gets hated by Koreans. If Jiwon gets noticed for her role in DotS..she totally deserves that. :)

Instiz is RELIABLE? It's a fan community frequented by teens. That's a sign of reliability?

If anything, it's SHK's popularity with this role that is UNDERestimated (with KJW the main beneficiary of the backlash vs SHK) because her antis have made it their mission to make it impossible for anyone who appreciate her performance to even broach the subject. That the tide's turning in her favor (to the extent of acknowledging her acting and chemistry with SJK) in some corners (eg. portals) is a credit to her efforts with DotS.

And I'm sorry to be blunt about this, but this so-called 'who's more popular' debate pitting the main couple vs the secondary is beyond silly, it's pointless. Personal preference is a matter of subjectivity, popularity is something you back up with facts. And the facts are, the main couple have been carrying DotS on their shoulders for the past two weeks (there's no comparison in terms of airtime, just none) and have the ratings (including the re-run numbers) to back up their popularity. Their scenes together have consistently been the highest-rated, breaking the 30% barrier at the end of ep. 3. What more do they have to prove?

It's very rare for both main and secondary to be well-drawn as characters, well-cast, and well-matched as couples AND friends in any show, not just k-dramas. Everyone's pretty much in agreement (except for the antis, but the delusion's their problem) that all four actors have hit jackpot with their characters. No one's going to be left behind, so let's stop with the silliness by bringing in unfiltered fandom wars.

6 hours ago, justsomegirl said:

The last part when he's about to kiss KMY is like a burst of emotion. He flirts and jokes all the time but he never really show her that he is seriously in love with her. The part in ep 3 when saw her through the mirror we can clearly see he loves her, but this serious side of his attraction towards her is never shown in front of her. So the kiss is the first "I love you so much i can't take it anymore" act from YSJ. I think we'll get to see his extreme emotions soon enough. 

Couldn't agree more with you on this part. Also, as I re-watch ep 3-4, I come to realize  how mature and considerate and gentleman SJ is. He didn't start flirting with her until he knew that she wasn't in the relationship with anyone. The scene when SJ and MY were in the car driving to the internet cafe is the mark of it. That when MY said she didn't date the guy. That when SJ realized MY is still single and available. So he put his flirty mode back on.

If you watch closely, you'll see before that scene, SJ was kept a distance from MY: when they met again at the airport, when he pretended that he didn't see here while getting the package out of the truck. Even the mine joke, and the blood withdrawal scene, SJ may tease MY a lot, but none of the cheesy flirting lines: "I was bewitched by you", "don't be a flirt, just worry about me", "I want to get out of the room because of someone", "I want to be with you, I told it many times", "your smile even got prettier" etc...

• Like 14

i agree with u @melissala ...our hot captain will be more agonized after MY got kidnapped and could decide to leave his love of his life coz he doesnt want to harm her further, and that will make our heart wrenched...ottokeeeee, just anticipating those scenes my heart already couldnt bear it...lets just enjoy our otp cutesy in these early episodes coz probably the road ahead will get heavier and darker...aarrrrgghh, i just want them to get married and make babies....lol

Edited by shksjk
  • Like 18

@ailenoh

Don't quote images, mod will warn you soon.

Xi9dfT5.pngI envy her beauty! But pls dont cry, unnie. Cheer up, and kyonactics will be much happier more.

SJK_stare_1?async&rand=0.599777536182851

@stargazer187

I also watched this scene 10 times or more and everyone I watch I am giggling myself. Hahaha.... 

Edited by mizuki85
Missing info
  • Like 22

I really like the opinions @lanti expresses. At a certain point, I actually a little bit irritated with YSJ for not being honest upfront about what he does. 

HE continues to charm KMY out of her socks in hopes that once he got her, she would come to accept what he does. A lot of people who watch the drama could see what the other is thinking or doing but did not see it from a singular character's POV. In my opinion, KMY is actually more reasonable and mature when it comes to relationships. She's probably 30 plus or 30? And dating someone who could very well die, well..even if you are her, you would have give it thorough thoughts. 

• Like 19

19 minutes ago, joynara said:

Instiz is RELIABLE? It's a fan community frequented by teens. That's a sign of reliability?

If anything, it's SHK's popularity with this role that is UNDERestimated (with KJW the main beneficiary of the backlash vs SHK) because her antis have made it their mission to make it impossible for anyone who appreciate her performance to even broach the subject. That the tide's turning in her favor (to the extent of acknowledging her acting and chemistry with SJK) in some corners (eg. portals) is a credit to her efforts with DotS.

And I'm sorry to be blunt about this, but this so-called 'who's more popular' debate pitting the main couple vs the secondary is beyond silly, it's pointless. Personal preference is a matter of subjectivity, popularity is something you back up with facts. And the facts are, the main couple have been carrying DotS on their shoulders for the past two weeks (there's no comparison in terms of airtime, just none) and have the ratings (including the re-run numbers) to back up their popularity. Their scenes together have consistently been the highest-rated, breaking the 30% barrier at the end of ep. 3. What more do they have to prove?

It's very rare for both main and secondary to be well-drawn as characters, well-cast, and well-matched as couples AND friends in any show, not just k-dramas. Everyone's pretty much in agreement (except for the antis, but the delusion's their problem) that all four actors have hit jackpot with their characters. No one's going to be left behind, so let's stop with the silliness by bringing in unfiltered fandom wars.

It's not? I was wrong then. First and foremost, I wasn't trying to pit the leads against each other. I posted the comment because I wanted to know how Koreans think of SHK's performance in DotS. I'm not a hater of anyone eventhough the only reason I'm here is SHK. For 15 years, I only watch her dramas. Her not receiving positive comments  will definitely hurt me. DotS is more important to me than any of her dramas because of what happened to her. If you read my comments or my replies..then you would know that I wasn't trying to compare her to anyone. Who's more popular doesn't bother me at all. When I posted the comment here, I wanted a clarification..that's all. And seeing how this is getting way beyond my control, I really regret it. My apologies if anyone feels offended with what I said. Everyone in DotS did a very good job and that includes all the supporting actors.

Maybe I really need to stop replying..*sigh*

Btw whoever says our Captain Yoo sorta resembles Won Bin..I agree with you. He does look like him from certain angles. :D

• Like 18

On 6 March 2016 at 2:17 PM, shksjk said:

mod edit: please do not quote images!

i looove SJ sexy husky voice and sexy gaze....and sooo looking forward for the above scene where our otp will have another kiss...a deeper one i guess...hhmmmm

im a fan of kyo since autumn in my heart and kinda shipping her with almost all of her co stars...lol...i maybe weird, but i see resemblance of won bin in joong ki looks as SJ....and that makes me shipping song song couple hard...lol...anyway, love our otp in dots, so far i have no complains yet, maybe just small things like doctor outfits in a war torn country, should be more convenient like wearing trousers and sneakers are more appropriate i think, and also when she left beloved captain stranded in a faraway road thats a bit cruel although makes me chuckle a bit...

i dont know if im the only one here who feel sad whenever i see longing gaze of SJ, i feel sad and pain inside his eyes, and we havent reached the actual angst and despair yet, but i still wanna cry watching it, he is just so intense, although super hot, hehe...i feel like the coming episodes will be heart breaking, but im still hopeful with a happy ending...

(well for me personally not just in the drama but for our precious song tandem in real life...hehe lol dont hit me..)

OMG @shksjk are you my soulmate or what? Hahahaha just about last night i told my dearest friends SJK remind me so much of Won Bin. From the way he acts also and not to mention voice...  Damn I miss won bin... ok this oot. 

Overall yes im drooling over SJK ehm dont tell my hubby hahaha but if i can reverse some good question from our friends here how can SHG face 6-7 months shooting with SJK with his intense personality? Can I reverse to the question how SJK can survive without trying to desire SHG after 6-7 months of shooting? Hahahaha 

I guess for a guy (SJK is guy too hehe) its kinda achievement to shoot scenes with SHG, his friends will be jealous im sure if they say they are not jealous then they really are saint. I read somewhere above from the interview that SJK really expecting to be pair up with SHG. So after 2 years of army if i were a man i want to go and kiss goddess hahahaha. 

There were conference pictures (5 of them including onew) where SJK in the middle well i saw his right hand on Jin Goo shoulder then i was wondering where was his left hand as i see the hand on onew if im not mistaken are SHG hand hehehe

In my dirty mind SHG and SJK already dating hahaha untill its proven otherwise let me have my dirty mind 

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, mizuki85 said:

@ailenoh

Don't quote images, mod will warn you soon.

I envy her beauty! But pls dont cry, unnie. Cheer up, and kyonactics will be much happier more.

@stargazer187

I also watched this scene 10 times or more and everyone I watch I am giggling myself. Hahaha.... 

Moderators, show me how to edit the post the third time. Sorry I can't manage handling this.

Oh, 3 more sleeps for DotS. Can't wait to see more surprises. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, mizuki85 said:

Is she closing her eyes or coincidently the camera took it when she blinking her eyes?

Cr to owner

@ahpheng8 I really enjoy your strips

@mizuki85 if i can say on this matter, she close her eyes, and her chin is ready and her lips bit open. The other pic might come from different shoot afterall the director and screen writer and the crew who are there are sure vindictive enough for asking for more than one shoot to find perfect kiss. This series was big budget so i heard and Im sure KBS will sell the right to many countries. The target might not only Korea audience but also world wide and if you want to present something new then you will give the audience the dirtiest kiss what they ask for rather than the usual kiss of Kdrama. (Please God make it happen)

@ahpheng8 Please more of your strips, we cant ask KBS to release DoTS on tuesday but ss our fellow of DoTS your strips heals my wound after hourly torture.

• Like 12

@nataliakay @leedonghaek @mianabelle ooohhh im glad im not the only ones who think captain yoo resembles won bin at some angles....maybe their sexy  lips? or their intense gaze? or their mesmerizing voice? hahaha i could go on and on and on fangirling...yes mianabelle maybe we are soulmates coz we share certain dirty mind too :D ...and maybe songsong couple are soulmates too, coz they look alike and both said they have similar personality :wub: ...

dots and songsong couple fighting! prove it to haters that beautiful faces could act superbly too! :heart: 

Edited by shksjk
  • Like 15