[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

okay so my 10-year old is also hooked in this awesome drama, it's just that whenever he sees "action" he is drawn to it instantly..(he was also a fan of City Hunter and Healer:D) while I am so into the "romance" factor of DOTS, he on the other hand is more interested in the "military angle" so while watching each ep with so much feels, squeees and swooons, this boy keeps bothering me with questions here and there and the latest ones were "why is the captain punished when he is just doing the right thing? does their so called military law applies in real life too?" and i was like...oh dear please stop asking me, I am busy fangirling here!HAHAAH sorry son but mom really needs to savour all the feels that need to be felt,:grimace:

• Like 15

Guest Tinkiebell
2 hours ago, tw20127 said:

Netizens comments part 2! They are so entertaining to read LOL :D

Song Joong Ki captures women's hearts with "Descendants of the Sun"

[+447 -14] You were going to drink wine. Instead, you're drinking lips? Making my heart race... (wine is pronounced the same as lips in Korean)

Source: DoTS tieba

Ah, now I understand the pun when he said "There are other ways to drink/taste the wine", and then swooped directly onto her lips, lol! :lol:

Thanks @tw20127 for translating those comments (did you translate these yourself?) or sharing those translated netizens' comments here. They're fun to read indeed. :) 

35 minutes ago, Jalhanda said:

Exactly my thoughts as well! Spot on...thanks for putting it into words @larienssi ! :D

I agree with all of you, the conversation between the OTP just crazily cute and smart, my fav part when they first flirt when KMY teat YSJ in hospital. I think that's the cutest pick-up-line, and romance sparks just like that, not too much just enough to make you giggle.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

SJ:  There's nothing for me to gain by taking you there.
MY: Why do you always look for a way to gain something?

SJ: The work I do is disadvantageous for our relationship.

SJ acknowledge to MY how he has the lower hand in the relationship; no wonder why he has to works extra hard to win over MY. Even though she likes him, she is really hard to pursue; too bad, she is the only one who captures his heart.

Poor guy, he really wants the relationship to work. MY surely gives soldiers like him extra headaches.

I like how he sees through her, that despites being a practial person who cares about money and career, deep down she is dedicated doctor with a kind heart.

I like your observation. I thought the same way too. Which is why this drama is really unique. Someone mentioned earlier that it is refreshing to see the OTP struggling internally with their emotions, career and beliefs to be together than fighting an external force. I couldn't agree more.

For YSJ, he is already in it and ready to give his heart. KMY is not being difficult but she is being very mature in considering it. Consider the fact that yes, though she feel attracted and he is so cool and so on and forth, the fact that she has to deal with long absence and that he might die, put her to stop. 

I think we will see KMY slowly giving in and probably taking the courage to love him and give the relationship a try. But drama.  At some point, she could be used as hostage or probably be endangered by YSJ's work, and he himself decided to break with her. 

I don't care. As long as they end up together at the end. Hahahahah!!!

• Like 23

On 3/3/2016 at 8:30 AM, andy78 said:

'Descendants Of The Sun' Slaughtered Its Competition With 23.4 Percent Ratings

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

(Photo : KBS)

"Descendants of the Sun" delivered record-breaking ratings with its third episode, surpassing the viewership of 2015 juggernaut, "Yong Pal." 

According to data released by Nielsen Korea, the KBS drama received 23.4 percent in nationwide viewership. This was figure reflects a significant audience increase of 7.9 percent.

The military drama has the potential to yield the strongest ratings of 2016, as audiences tune in for the compelling chemistry of stars Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo. 

Episode three of "Descendants of the Sun" opened with the reunion of Yoo Shi Jin (Song Joong Ki) and Kang Mo Yeon in Urek, a fictitious nation whose ethnic composition and political climate resembles the war-torn nation of Sarajevo.

REEAD MORE http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/114059/20160302/descendants-of-the-sun-slaughtered-its-competition-wtih-23-4-percent-ratings.htm

They did ''Slaughtered Its Competition''...Congratulations!

1 hour ago, IrisFM said:

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

CRTO

KMY: You look good in your dress uniform.
YSJ: How do you know it's a dress uniform?
KMY: I wouldn't I? Girls fantasise about uniforms.

ME: AWE KMY, you're just like us...kkkkkkk

34 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

I am officially a fan of Kim Min Suk due to his cute character of Kim Ki Beom ^^ and so happy to found out that he has instagram!!! kkk  https://www.instagram.com/samuliesword/

1 hour ago, crixa said:

Just finished watching episode 4 and I'm bawling my eyes out. I have no tears left in me, I might suffer from dehydration. :bawling: I was really moved by Kang Mo Yeon, I cried when she cried. I also felt bad with what happen to YSJ. After crying from their scenes, I cried again with DY and MJ airport scene. This drama is giving me loads of heartaches. :tears: I died from heartbreak, good thing the kissing scene at the end resuscitated me and I'm recuperating while waiting for next week. :w00t: This drama is giving me life!!! 

i'm totally agree with you....the interaction between MJ & DY at the airport made me cry. It was soooo sad. Plus, the ost song by Davichi is so perfect for that scene. How am i going to wait till next week? Arrgggghh! I'm also very curious on how SJ & MY lovestory will turn out *sigh*

• Like 8

Love, love KMY-YSJ, DY-MJ and of course, the bromance between YSJ-DY. 

Finally a KBS drama that's worth raving about (since 'Secret'). All the actors and actresses are well chosen for their roles and delivered stellar performances. 

SJK, gosh- he really looks manly and seriously more attractive now after NS. I've just finished seeing him again 'The Innocent Man' in KBS world and now he has different aura. His acting is so natural and 'flirty' and the 'LOOKs' each time he stares at KMY was magnetizing indeed! That moment & look before 'THE KISS' was just breathtaking! SJK is definitely BACK with a BANG.

I love JIN Goo & KJW chemistry as DY & MJ and I can't wait to see more of their heart breaking love story.

Thanks for PD & writer for giving us so many beautiful shots and drool worthy scenes. I'm going to re watch those episodes again and again on KBS world HD, to appreciate the beauty of the casts and cinematography.

• Like 14

tumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o4_r4_400.giftumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o2_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o1_r1_400.giftumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o5_r1_400.giftumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o6_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o7_r1_400.giftumblr_o3ho8xKCLh1scm9d0o8_r1_400.gif

CRTO

If only YMJ's father witness their awesomeness interaction with each other LOL.
There is no chance they will harbour any feeling for each other, such a contrast with when YSJ is with KMY or YMJ is with SDY.

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, paulagatot said:

Dear shippers, 

does anybody know the title of the song that was played during they were on boat to the ship wrecked location thankss alot chinggu

it is sung by K.will which is yet to be released.probably next week

• Like 3

am fever over the song call "This Love" I rewatch the airport scene between Goowon couple again and again. It gets me every time :bawling: listening to that song my heart aches for them!!! Gosh when MJ talk and her voice break a bit cos she's about to cry i feel her pain :tears:. DY is also hurting in side as well. Gosh!!!! It was soooo good. I love heartbreaking scense!!!! 

• Like 7

@minoz_joyax hahaha...Hiya.

Your son is a cutie. I can imagine how he questions you LOL. You might as well answer him cuz he won't stop. 

Back to Topic. 

I really feel bad for the 2nd couple. I mean, they wanna be together but Daddy dearest is the thorn in their relationship. Urgh! Rank problems. I wish DY can just stubbornly stake his claim or be like SJ a little but people are different. I hope its not too late for him to find a way for them to be together. The lady is doing her best but he should make an effort too. 

I know I have said this before But Ki Bum is such a cutie. 

• Like 8