[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

On 5/2/2016 at 5:31 AM, melleri said:

I can't really hate Rock Fish oppa because he seemed to be a better man towards the end, and he was never really a threat.  He could easily be swayed (or threatened lol) and didn't cause any real harm to anyone.  Plus how happy he was that SJ and DY were back was pretty sweet, and I think how he handled getting MY to sign that NDA was nice of him.  I don't think there is anyone really hateful in DoTS other than Argus and Manager Jin, and even those two are pretty comical.  

Oh that one Doctor lady is the worst in my mind.  She never changed and never got any real payback for her behavior.  I guess Dr. Song mentioned why she was like that though, she was just childish with no worries in the world.  Everyone else had so much going on and no time to be petty.  

Gen. Yoon  I also did not dislike because I felt it was more GooWon's fault for not doing enough more than daddy's fault for keeping them apart.  If those two would have been a united force and worked for approval instead of fighting and breaking up all the time, things could have been settled easily.  If some big softy of a dad  (and general, he went out of his way to help him soldiers, and was so happy they came back alive) can keep you apart you need to work harder to make it work like the sign during one of their many breakups said. 

Right you are. I honestly dint like goowon story .i even feel there wasn't really the need  for their story in dots.but surprisingly some ordinary minds have said stuff like they prefer their draggy story to song song. Lol

On 5/3/2016 at 1:36 AM, themarchioness said:

Jin Goo wants a 'Descendants of the Sun' spinoff for the Goo-Won couple?

A 'DOTS' spinoff focused on just the Goo-Won couple? That sounds like a pretty good idea! 

Jin Goo posed for a 'High Cut' pictorial recently, rocking cool, casual pieces that are summer-ready. 

In the interview following the photo shoot, the actor was asked if he would work on a 'DOTS' sequel that is a Goo-Won couple spinoff. Jin Goo replied, "If the viewers would allow it, I'd be very thankful. I've never filmed for something like a sequel in my fourteen years of acting so I do want to experience it."

For all the 'DOTS' and Goo-Won couple fans, that might just be the most fantastic idea! 

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/jin-goo-wants-a-descendants-of-the-sun-spinoff-for-the-goo-won-couple

Dots was about military-civilian romance of song song couple. Goowon already got more screen space than they deserved. So desiring dots sequel exclusively with goowon sounds selfish. Dots is so because of song song romance and the bromance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2016 at 4:23 PM, gilaswan said:

THE WAY HE LOOKS AT HER FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME

In Episode 1, when Yoo SiJin first encounters Kang MoYeon, he regards her like any other person he meets for the first time. His focus is on recovering Seo DaeYoung's phone and does nothing more than answer her questions:

"Are you Big Boss?" - Yes

"Are you his guardian?" - Not his, but the phone's (i.e. if we could just get the phone back, we would be out of here, thank you.)

But she ignores him immediately after he tells her what he's there for and switches her attention straight back to the patient she was with; he had assumed it would be a quick and easy assignment to complete but he was wrong. At that very moment when she ignores him, see how his regard for her changes with that little raising of his brow as if to say, "This one's not easy." Her strength of character and presence immediately catches his attention but he is not yet intrigued.

He watches her work as she questions the nurse on where Kim KiBeom had run to, and he tries his luck again with the phone. His focus is still on retrieving the phone and she is at this point a challenge to this puzzle - how to get the phone back? Game on. 

See how he pushes Nurse Choi MinJi to the side just to get into a position where he can catch KMY's eyes. He's impatient and honestly somewhat obnoxious here and CMJ is none too pleased about being shoved by him. YSJ is an army captain and is not used to not getting an immediate response to a simple order - give me back my phone. So he continues being this obnoxious male:

"Are you listening to me?" 

And the brilliant response from KMY? Of course I'm not listening to you, you self-absorbed person of the male type! She doesn't answer his question and merely throws another question back at him - she's on her own mission to fact find: Are you a thug? Cos if you are, I'm not letting you leave the hospital after you assaulted someone! We see KMY is someone who has a strong sense of social justice here, aaaaaannnd... he is hooked. The man has taken the bait which KMY doesn't even realise she's thrown at him! His eyes now show intrigue with KMY. The retrieving of the phone is no longer the puzzle - she is.

*cue the curtain scene* 

She looks at him, and she's still irritated; he looks at her and he no longer listens to SDY who's still trying to solve the how-do-I-get-my-phone-back problem:

SDY: Seeing that he left the phone here, I think he made a run for it

YSJ: Yes, I think he made a run for it

SDY: Why don't we go outside and look for him? He couldn't have gone far.

YSJ: Yes, he couldn't have gone far. Why don't you go and find him.

All this while, SDY and YSJ are looking in KMY's direction, but see how differently their eyes speak! SDY is thinking about how to solve the handphone problem; YSJ is thinking about how to solve the KMY problem. :D And it doesn't take long for his best friend to notice it. SDY gives him the "What the..." look. My phone, bro, focus! My phone! And because the bro code at this point is still stronger than a girl he's met for the first time, he reluctantly follows SDY out in search of KKB.

Loved this one.you watched really keenly

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 2:12 PM, kristy86 said:

And now I will continue with ep 6 :D 

I agree this episode giving us more of the bromance and I love it so very much. SJ expression in this scene is priceless :joy:  K.Will's song just make the whole scene even more exciting :D 

Come to think of it, they are so ready to abandon each other in any critical moment :sweatingbullets:  Just like when DY betray SJ during the parcel scene. I always laughing like crazy on that scene, can't wait until we reach that episode :D 

And this one, SJ said something about eating ramyeon too, lol. But it's not in the translation, something like: you don't even invite me to eat ramyeon at your house? Ok, that's weird...

Hide contents

Next is about the womance...

Hide contents

I was also want to discuss the progress in their relationship, it's getting better during and after the earthquake. There's mutual understanding between them and I can see it from this scene.

I think this is when MY sees MJ differently, not only a pretty doctor, she did her job very well as a doctor :D  

Same with MJ, there's admiration in her eyes for MY. Now she understand MY was not in Urk for only taking pictures, . 

It's so rare in k drama to find two female characters that has relationship as MY and MJ. I admire these two women for their strong character, they are just awesome!

My fave in this ep is of course the reunion scene... I have no words to describe it, for me this is the most beautiful scene in the drama. 

The other thing I just can't help not to mention is this... The way his gaze moved from MY to Sgt Choi, from sadness and longing for his woman changes to full alert mode and authoritative.  SJK is daebak, he really has the aura of a leader in him. 

Kmy doesn't need to prove herself infront of a junior and much less experienced one like mj. It's mj snobbery which makes her think that kmy is good for nothing doctor

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)

• 2 months later...

468fcdb5d2d64c028a6a7557cbf0794d.jpeg?s=

Watch: NU’EST’s Minhyun Melts Hearts With Cover Of “Always” OST From “Descendants Of The Sun”

May 2, 2019 / by Y. Kim

KBS’s “Happy Together” released a preview clip of NU’EST’s Minhyun singing the song “Always” by Yoon Mi Rae, which is an OST from the drama “Descendants of the Sun.”

Minhyun will be appearing as a special MC in this week’s episode that will include guests Seo Yuri, Park Jin Joo, Jung Eun Woo, and Go Joon and Kim Hyung Muk from SBS’s drama “Fiery Priest.”

Watch the clip below:

“Happy Together” airs on Thursdays at 11:10 p.m. KST.

Ahead of today’s show, watch the latest episode of “Happy Together” below!

Soompi

• Like 3

Dots is truly unforgettable.unfortunately at present comments on netizenbuzz towards both ki's drama and kyo are quiet negative.....completely opposite to response towards dots. seems something has disappointed the viewers.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

What was once drama & fantasy became reality & life and our hopes and dreams seemed for a moment to have come true.  Yet whether in drama or reality love even when found isn't always easy to hold onto or cherish.  Still it doesn't take away or change what was seen or felt.  Not by us or in truth not by them...

DOTS was and is a remarkable drama nothing and no one or couple can or will ever change that.  In this one of many beautiful scenes which took my breath away and still does.  Captures that feeling of longing and anticipation two people share when all they need and desire is to just see each other...

And without any words say through their eyes alone

You are my EVERYTHING...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

August 23, 2018

[SBS Star] BTS JUNGKOOK's Name Unexpectedly Features in a Popular Drama!

K-pop boy group BTS' fans recently stared at the television screen in stunned disbelief while watching a drama 'Mr. Sunshine', as they unexpectedly spotted the group's member JUNGKOOK's name in one of the scenes.

On the 14th episode of tvN's 'Mr. Sunshine' which aired on August 19, BTS' fans noticed a scene that had JUNGKOOK's name at the most unexpected time.

This was a close-up shot showing a letter that had JUNGKOOK's name written in Chinese characters above the city's name Busan, which is the hometown of JUNGKOOK.

Spoiler

201220154_1280.jpg

Interestingly, this is not the first time that the scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook made reference to BTS in her drama.

In her previous work 'Descendants of the Sun', she named one of the characters 'Agus', which is the name of the group's member SUGA spelled backwards.

Plus, female characters 'Mo-yeon'(Song Hye Kyo) and 'Myung-joo' (Kim Ji Won)'s crush in college was revealed to be 'Yoon-gi'―SUGA's real name.

201220156_1280.jpg

After noticing these subtle details in Kim Eun-sook's dramas, fans speculated that she was ARMY (the name of BTS' fan club).

Not long ago, however, it was revealed that the writer herself is not a BTS stan, but her daughter is.

In one interview, Kim Eun-sook said, "My daughter is a huge fan of BTS. I get busy when BTS' concert tickets go on sale, because I have to click insanely fast to get a ticket for my daughter."

Meanwhile, BTS is scheduled to release a repackaged album 'LOVE YOURSELF 結 Answer' on August 24.

(Lee Narin, Credit= Big Hit Entertainment, tvN Mr. Sunshine)

(SBS Star)

Source : SBS News

• Like 2

I am watching Descendants of the Sun again... Perhaps for one last time...

Still loving every bits of it... 

And I can't help but feeling heartbroken and very sad for the happy moments of Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon...

This by far the best drama ever made...

Best scenes...

Best actors and actresses...

Best directors...

Best story...

Best in everything....

And I was just feel heart broken once more when it's all over in the real world.........

In any case... Descendants of the Sun will forever remains in my heart.. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...

Finished watching this yesterday and overall it was a very nice drama. I'm not really a fan of military and/or medical drama before but I gave this a try because of Kim Ji-won who I watched in The Heirs before. All loose ends were tied up but I'm curious how the North Korean Senior Lieutenant ended up in Albania to save Yoo Si-jin and Seo Dae-young. I hated the overly dramatic storyline involving Lee Chi-hoon and the survivor he left behind. The ending was too cheesy and a bit of a stretch. A volcanic eruption in a foreign country and our "heroes" are suddenly preparing to assist!!! They should have just showed Daniel being married to Ye-hwa.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finishing episode 2 now, I'm liking it, it's not too mellow and cheesy like some K-dramas. 

I can't get over Song Hye Kyo's beauty, such a beautiful woman! 

• 1 month later...

12 K-Dramas Worth Watching Again And Again

k-dramas-you-can-rewatch-1584519292.jpg

PHOTO: (LEFT) ENCOUNTER/TVN, (RIGHT) WHAT'S WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM/TV

Sometimes, it's hard to move on to new shows when you're still not over the ones you've watched. Here, we listed down 12 well-loved K-Dramas that are worth watching over and over again and where you can watch them!

Descendants of the Sun

Starring: Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo
Where to watch: Netflix, Viu
Why you should rewatch it: Maybe Big Boss was the first man in uniform you loved. Also, let’s be real. The kilig in this series is off the roof!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/17/2019 at 7:06 PM, USAFarmgirl said:

What was once drama & fantasy became reality & life and our hopes and dreams seemed for a moment to have come true.  Yet whether in drama or reality love even when found isn't always easy to hold onto or cherish.  Still it doesn't take away or change what was seen or felt.  Not by us or in truth not by them...

DOTS was and is a remarkable drama nothing and no one or couple can or will ever change that.  In this one of many beautiful scenes which took my breath away and still does.  Captures that feeling of longing and anticipation two people share when all they need and desire is to just see each other...

And without any words say through their eyes alone

You are my EVERYTHING...

Watching some of the scenes of this drama can still make my heart flutter. Even though I know that in reality, it's over.

Such a fantastic drama.:approves: