Quantcast
alleverything

[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

August 23, 2018

[SBS Star] BTS JUNGKOOK's Name Unexpectedly Features in a Popular Drama!

K-pop boy group BTS' fans recently stared at the television screen in stunned disbelief while watching a drama 'Mr. Sunshine', as they unexpectedly spotted the group's member JUNGKOOK's name in one of the scenes.

On the 14th episode of tvN's 'Mr. Sunshine' which aired on August 19, BTS' fans noticed a scene that had JUNGKOOK's name at the most unexpected time.

This was a close-up shot showing a letter that had JUNGKOOK's name written in Chinese characters above the city's name Busan, which is the hometown of JUNGKOOK.

Spoiler

201220154_1280.jpg

Interestingly, this is not the first time that the scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook made reference to BTS in her drama.

In her previous work 'Descendants of the Sun', she named one of the characters 'Agus', which is the name of the group's member SUGA spelled backwards.

Plus, female characters 'Mo-yeon'(Song Hye Kyo) and 'Myung-joo' (Kim Ji Won)'s crush in college was revealed to be 'Yoon-gi'―SUGA's real name.

201220156_1280.jpg

After noticing these subtle details in Kim Eun-sook's dramas, fans speculated that she was ARMY (the name of BTS' fan club).

Not long ago, however, it was revealed that the writer herself is not a BTS stan, but her daughter is.

In one interview, Kim Eun-sook said, "My daughter is a huge fan of BTS. I get busy when BTS' concert tickets go on sale, because I have to click insanely fast to get a ticket for my daughter."

Meanwhile, BTS is scheduled to release a repackaged album 'LOVE YOURSELF 結 Answer' on August 24.

(Lee Narin, Credit= Big Hit Entertainment, tvN Mr. Sunshine)

(SBS Star)

Source : SBS News

• Like 1

I am watching Descendants of the Sun again... Perhaps for one last time...

Still loving every bits of it... 

And I can't help but feeling heartbroken and very sad for the happy moments of Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon...

This by far the best drama ever made...

Best scenes...

Best actors and actresses...

Best directors...

Best story...

Best in everything....

And I was just feel heart broken once more when it's all over in the real world.........

In any case... Descendants of the Sun will forever remains in my heart.. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Finished watching this yesterday and overall it was a very nice drama. I'm not really a fan of military and/or medical drama before but I gave this a try because of Kim Ji-won who I watched in The Heirs before. All loose ends were tied up but I'm curious how the North Korean Senior Lieutenant ended up in Albania to save Yoo Si-jin and Seo Dae-young. I hated the overly dramatic storyline involving Lee Chi-hoon and the survivor he left behind. The ending was too cheesy and a bit of a stretch. A volcanic eruption in a foreign country and our "heroes" are suddenly preparing to assist!!! They should have just showed Daniel being married to Ye-hwa.

Watching now, first time via KBS I am after 10 and 11 episodes with...viruses M3 thread. It is drama from 2016 and .. no comments .:(.