[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

So... you can't purchase the Director's Cut with the pre-order bonuses through Innolife and Aladin any more, but I just checked yesasia, and it's still available for purchase!! I can't imagine these links lasting much longer since the pre-order closed a couple of hours ago, but if you're still interested...

http://www.yesasia.com/global/descendants-of-the-sun-blu-ray-14-disc-english-subtitled-directors/1051184752-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/global/descendants-of-the-sun-dvd-14-disc-english-subtitled-directors-cut/1051184491-0-0-0-en/info.html

• Like 3

WHOA... it's been a while. Been so busy with work and real life, reality sucks, haha just kidding :lol: I missed the thread so much! Happy to know many has started to watch DOTS, I'm sure in the future many who has yet to watch will also notice this drama and give it a try and then will fall in love with it :D 

DOTS is just daebak, the pre-order of the DVD is breaking the record of other dramas, yay! Looking forward for the BTS and the never seen before scenes! I hope they will show us the close up scene of the kiss from Mars!

On 8/15/2016 at 2:20 AM, YourHighness . said:

Hi everyone. I just finished watching DOTS, which I loved to pieces and I am wondering about the main character's age? Shi Jin's age in one sub was given as born in 1980 and other said 1983 so I am confused.

YourHighness, I like your name, haha, I feel like I'm talking to the king or queen here :D Me too, I'm confused with their age. From my copy, MY born in September 1983 and SJ is a Pisces born in March 1983. So SJ is actually older than MY by 6 mos? Well, I can be mistaken tho, lol, I have a bad memory :lol:

Our cheeky captain and lovely doctor :wub: 

qhNhZKG.gif

Tonight I will be back to the rewatching, haha... :lol: 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kristy86 said:

WHOA... it's been a while. Been so busy with work and real life, reality sucks, haha just kidding :lol: I missed the thread so much! Happy to know many has started to watch DOTS, I'm sure in the future many who has yet to watch will also notice this drama and give it a try and then will fall in love with it :D 

DOTS is just daebak, the pre-order of the DVD is breaking the record of other dramas, yay! Looking forward for the BTS and the never seen before scenes! I hope they will show us the close up scene of the kiss from Mars!

YourHighness, I like your name, haha, I feel like I'm talking to the king or queen here :D Me too, I'm confused with their age. From my copy, MY born in September 1983 and SJ is a Pisces born in March 1983. So SJ is actually older than MY by 6 mos? Well, I can be mistaken tho, lol, I have a bad memory :lol:

Our cheeky captain and lovely doctor :wub: 

Tonight I will be back to the rewatching, haha... :lol: 

LOL, thanks.. so from what I gathered from the subs I have..SJ was born in March 1983, but MJ was 29 when she finished Med school and as per subs did her residency in the same hospital for 8 years which makes her 37. She said so in episode 13 when asking for her job back from the director..can someone check the subs on Viki for that scene? How many years did she do residency in that hospital?

• Like 1

I am rewatching it.. and blow my mind.

You remember the opening scene ep 1 - people in the field..

The very first scene shows us NK soldiers inside that shed.. and guess what one of them is doing.. 

Yes, in that stressful moment, the NE guy (who later becomes the NE main hero soldier) is eating a chocopie..

I mean how awesome is that.. i never thought of that chocopie as anything more than a device to help him out later in the series when he was held hostage in the room..

Did anyone else notice this before?

• Like 2

The hit TV series "Descendants of the Sun" took China by storm in March and boosted sales of products endorsed by the program and its actors.

Product placement covered anything from cosmetics to watches and sunglasses, which sold out quickly. A search on Chinese online shopping mall Taobao for the star Song Hye-kyo brings up close to 100,000 products.

According to the Beijing office of the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency, sales of Hyundai Motor's Tucson SUV and Genesis premium sedan, which were driven by the stars in the drama benefited noticeably.

The Institute for International Trade on Monday said products plugged by Korean stars generally perform well in countries with an appetite for K-pop and soaps.

Overall exports of Korean consumer goods in the first half of this year dropped 7.8 percent on-year, but shipments of products linked to K-stars rose 15.2 percent.

The biggest jump was among bathroom products like soap and shampoo at US$171 million, up 42.1 percent on-year.

Next were cosmetics, whose sales soared 38.5 percent. Fashion goods rebounded after shrinking last year. Clothing shipments grew 18.4 percent and bags and belts 13.4 percent each.

The effect is visible both in advanced and emerging economies. Sales to advanced countries in the first half grew 13.2 percent and to emerging countries 14.7 percent.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/08/30/2016083001189.html

• Like 2

On 8/18/2016 at 10:50 AM, ___ said:

So... you can't purchase the Director's Cut with the pre-order bonuses through Innolife and Aladin any more, but I just checked yesasia, and it's still available for purchase!! I can't imagine these links lasting much longer since the pre-order closed a couple of hours ago, but if you're still interested...

http://www.yesasia.com/global/descendants-of-the-sun-blu-ray-14-disc-english-subtitled-directors/1051184752-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/global/descendants-of-the-sun-dvd-14-disc-english-subtitled-directors-cut/1051184491-0-0-0-en/info.html

anyone know where else can i order?

• Like 1

"Descendants of the Sun" publishes medal with Song-Song kissing

"We remember the day that shone like the sun"

"Descendants of the Sun" medals are coming out in October.

Solip Entertainment revealed that medals with Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki's faces on them are coming out in October.

These medals are pure gold, silver and bronze and they will be sold limitedly on a first-come-first-serve basis. The gold medal weighs 19 grams and is 30 mm thick, the silver is 120 grams and 60 mm thick while the bronze is 95 grams and 60 mm or 30 grams and 40 mm thick.

The medals have the faces of Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo on them and on the back are classic scenes from the drama, mainly the island in Greece. The medals are good for display or gifts as they come in fancy cases and for prevention of imitations, security elements have been added to them.

The production says, "We have come up with this idea to commemorate a great drama that added positive influence to the Hallyu Wave"

photo761138.jpg

photo761137.jpg

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

http://www.hancinema.net/photos-descendants-of-the-sun-publishes-medal-with-song-song-kissing-98436.html

• Like 2

Watching SIDA live now, congrats to DOTS for winning Excellent Korean Drama awards and Best OST Gummy "You Are My Everything" I hope DOTS will receive more awards tonight :D 

Gummy is performing on stage and followed by K.Will, and I'm dead!!! The audience sing along...

The feels..., once again I'm dead!

I miss DOTS so much!

Uri handsome and cool captain, Congratulations for winning Outstanding Korean Actor!!!

• Like 6

Descendants of The Sun Season 2 Plot Focuses On Song-Song As Parents?

http://www.morningledger.com/descendants-of-the-sun-season-2-plot-focuses-on-song-song-as-parents/13102560/

--- OHHHH MY GODDDD OF THIS IS TRUE I WOULD HUG YOU ALL!!! SONG SONG AS PARENTS HMMM <3 <3 <3

Descendants of The Sun Season 2 Plot Focuses On Song-Song As Parents?

http://www.morningledger.com/descendants-of-the-sun-season-2-plot-focuses-on-song-song-as-parents/13102560/

--- OHHHH MY GODDDD OF THIS IS TRUE I WOULD HUG YOU ALL!!! SONG SONG AS PARENTS HMMM <3 <3 <3

Hi folks, actually i am re-watching DOTS (dont know 6th or 7th or more times), and i realize that whenever watching it, my feeling is as the first time watching, still look forward to the next ep, smile, laugh and even cry with each scene. Not only captain Yoo and doctor Kang, i love every character of his team, her team.

Although SJK affirmed that captain Yoo is unreal (actually he does not look like him) but dont know why in my mind, he and SHK still be the best couple not only in drama, but also in real life. When i saw he took care of her at MBC Award in June, i strongly believe on their relationship, as well as when i looked at his face at Seoul Drama Award without her, he was not self confident as he had SHK ;)

Wish my dream come true :D

• Like 2

@TramNK I lost count of how many times I've rewatched DOTS, and planning to watch it again tomorrow, lol. I miss Cap Yoo and Dr. Kang so much! Anyways, I'm not sure if you know the shippers thread here, but here's the link: 

Btw dotters, uri drama was featured in one episode of 2D1N, their casts went to Taebak DOTS filming site. I can only watched half of it, and those guys were hilarious :joy: I think all of them thought SHK was really there, lol. 

How I wish SJK and SHK can appear in 2D1N or Running Man show in the future, well I know the chance is so slim but one can still dream right? 

I'll leave this here, haha, he is shutting her mouth in a sexy way, lol

fL8moOp.gif

• Like 1