[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

15 hours ago, songsong111111 said:

Descendants of the sun FULL OST. It my youtube channel. :)) Please subscribe it. :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAvNDq8mVD3fI8pP3E-mbsw

In my opinion , with all the beautiful Hit OST , KBS should held a Concert for DOTS tributes  , it will be Daebak to see all the singers performing live and the actors and actress involved performing as well, and to see Seo Dae Yong dancing along with the Red Velvet :)

• Like 4

CgOt-XfUUAAeVkp.jpg

Gummy with Yoo Si Jin kkk I still calling him Yoo Si Jinㅠㅠ DOTS Syndrome never fade away kkkk And SJK sang Always song at his fm today sooo daebak!! Its been a long time I didn't heard his voice singing a song hehe when he's singing, its just like hearing YSJ sing the song for KMY!! :wub:

@kokodus i'll do the favourite scene tomorrow!! Good idea!! 

@leedonghaek come joinnnnn! ^^

• Like 21

nothing much but this is my last FMV for DOTS. :tears: this video mostly about KMY in Ep15 where she going thru hard times after knowing bad news about SJ. i love the heartbreaking scenes so much (i cried with her!) soo i make this FMV of MY and her memories~:tears: 

anyway, i'm gonna do my favorite scenes/character/etc list tomorrow~ need to sleep now.. hehehe:)

• Like 24

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img924/235/5jLN1p.jpg

is that writer kim eun hee beside writer kim eun sook? she's wearing a cap so i don't quite recognize her. but since the books cover have descendants of the sun and signal on it, i guess it her. what kind of books is that? it make me remember my ughh heavy textbooks while in school in the past:P

*sigh* i keep thinking lately how awesome it will be if these two writer collaborate for a drama together? oh my i wish so hard but the cost to paid them must be high:tears: anyhow, thanks for dots and signal dramas this year you two. i love it. hope for other great dramas next time! fighting!

picture credit to @utkim

• Like 17

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

By the way, @nadya92, is our country bringing in Dots? Any news? I saw that they do bring in Kdramas. Currently airing Pinocchio I think.

Was hoping that they don't dub it. I hate the Chinese dub. 

I read on chinese site(translate with google lol) one of our country's media have bought the copyright for DOTS! So excited when read it. But until now no news about it. Who bought it? which channel will aired it? since we have kbsworld it might be after all the episodes aired here^^ maybe 8tv or TV9 will aired it since both have own slot for kpop drama kkk  if Ntv7 aired the drama, they will never dub it and its been a long time tv1 and tv2 didn't aired korean drama except runningman if I'm not mistaken (rarely on tv except astro channel kkk) 

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, minoz_joyax said:

why is YSJ's name changed to Do Hyeon in the epilogue as per mydramalist? is it just an error made by the said site?

LINK

if this question has been raised before then please excuse me and my ignorance..i have no time to back-read as of this very moment 

eh why it changed to Do hyeon lol no one posted it yet in here I think hehe

Mistakes from their sites. They need to correct it since a lot of people will go to their site to find new drama and then got confused because of their mistakes. Hopefully someone from their site will correct it ^^

• Like 4

I have started rewatching 2 days ago - it is fun because I get to see when the characters looked their best, the best scenes, the funniest, etc.  Those are what I sometimes miss because I get so focused on absorbing the contents of each episode.

SJK or YSJ, to me, looked the handsomest in the scene where KMY was faking her cough (because of Yonggi oppa).  After YSJ flipped the phone from KMY as she pretended to call Yonggi oppa and KMY catching it, and KMY telling him to 'listen to what I have to say'.  He was so cute in that scene and at the same time, very handsome.  He also looked very handsome when KMY was imagining him sitting on her couch in episode 15.

I like how natural SHK's beauty is - her make-up in this drama is so light.  I find her at her  prettiest in episode 2 when YSJ/SJK showed up at  the hospital and she was trying to cover her face because 'she wasn't wearing make-up'. 

The funniest scene for me was the chaos in the hospital room with SDY and YSJ - reversing their roles - yet they remain the dumb and dumber.  Who is not gonna laugh with the rock fish face battalion commander? 

The most dramatic scene for me in the entire drama was the ending of episode 15 - that gave me goosebumps - I loved how SJK and SHK portrayed the roles of lovers longing for each other, the tears and the hug.  

Of the 2 lovebirds, SDY and YMJ are the ones that make me cry the most - their love story is so heartbreaking.  First hug when SDY was leaving URK and meeting YMJ at the airport - it made me cry already. 

• Like 11

did we ever get to see the "socks-playing-around-under-blankets" scene? or was that supposed to be an extension of the fishing/camping scene? i thought i missed it the first time i watched ep. 16 but after rewatching it 3 times (ok, ok, more like 6 or 7 times :P) i cant seem to find it

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, dotsj00ngki said:

did we ever get to see the "socks-playing-around-under-blankets" scene? or was that supposed to be an extension of the fishing/camping scene? i thought i missed it the first time i watched ep. 16 but after rewatching it 3 times (ok, ok, more like 6 or 7 times :P) i cant seem to find it

We did not!  I'm so sad.  Maybe MY finally gave in. :P   I hope they show the rest.  

We did get the snuggle part, I'm mistaken.  Had to go back and watch.  

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, melissala said:

We did not!  I'm so sad.  Maybe MY finally gave in. :P   I hope they show the rest.  

We did get the snuggle part, I'm mistaken.  Had to go back and watch.  

the directors/producers/dots team owe us, the troopers, both the close up of the tower kiss and the socks-under-blanket scene. i think some of us feel a little robbed or cheated on, for a lack of a better word:dissapointed:

• Like 9

160417 || Song Joong Ki 5th Seoul fan meeting "The Day We Meet Again" [Pic: Lovesome] Today has been a long day so good night everyone. Rest your weary hearts and relax your mind. ☺️ <Song Joong Ki doesn't have any social media. Be careful of fake accounts.>

Spoiler

CgQAZs4VIAIuK9o.jpg

c as labeled

Park Bo Gum and Lee Kwang Soo Snap Shot With Song Joong Ki After Surprising Him at His Fan Meeting

Park Bo Gum and Lee Kwang Soo Snap Shot With Song Joong Ki After Surprising Him at His Fan Meeting

Song Joong Ki’s celebrity friends and members of the “Descendants of the Sun” family thrilled both him and his fans at his fan meeting in Seoul on April 17!

Actor Park Bo Gum was Song Joong Ki’s first guest at his fan meeting, which was a total surprise to the actor. He was first challenged to try to guess who his first guest was just by his voice, and Song Joong Ki reportedly said, “Park Bo Gum said he had to be in Taiwan today so it couldn’t be him.” But Park Bo Gum soon was heard saying, “Hello, I’m Park Bo Gum who loves Song Joong Ki!”

Song Joong Ki was reportedly shocked to see his friend and Blossom Entertainment label mate, and asked Park Bo Gum how he could be there when he had said he was busy. “That was a lie,” replied Park Bo Gum, making everyone laugh. Park Bo Gum also designed the logo for the fan meeting.

Song Joong Ki’s good friend Lee Kwang Soo, who made a cameo in the first episode of “Descendants of the Sun,” also surprised the actor by appearing at his fan meeting with a giant bouquet of flowers. Park Bo Gum later posted a photo on Twitter of the three of them backstage, with the caption “My hyungs are the best” and added some cute hearts.

Gummy, who sang the popular track “You Are My Everything” on the drama’s soundtrack, also performed live for fans at the fan meeting. On April 17, CJeS Entertainment shared a photo of Gummy and Song Joong Ki on Instagram. The caption to the photo reads, “I was so happy that the fans asked for an encore!”

Spoiler

gummy song joong ki

During the fan meeting, Song Joong Ki also thrilled fans by giving them special presents such as putting on lip balm for them, giving them back hugs, taking photos with them, and recording his voice for them to set as their alarm. Finally, he treated them to a cover of Kim Dong Ryul’s “Like a Child” and promised to see them all again soon.

Soompi

=================

The cutest ‘Descendants of the Sun’ USB

Apr 17, 2016
Spoiler

Song-Song Couple & Goo-Won Couple USB
4 of 4

76880-414816-420x420.jpg
Do you remember the kissing scene of the Song-Song couple in the truck?
76880-414817-420x420.jpg
Song-Song couple
76880-414828-420x420.jpg
76880-414834-552x420.png
Goo-Won Couple

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/04/17/the-cutest-descendants-of-the-sun-usb/

• Like 23

'Descendants of the Sun 2' news: Is a sequel possible without its main characters?

descendants-of-the-sun-promo-poster.jpg?

Korean actor Song Joong-ki made his grand comeback from the mandatory two-year military service taking on the role of Captain Yoo Si-jin in the massively popular KBS drama "Descendants of the Sun." Given the high audience ratings and an open ended finale, rumor has it that a follow-up for the drama is already in the pipe line.

1.gif?r=q6ew&k=ZAl1cy13ZXN0LTJhCWgJaS1lN

The military-medical drama partners the 30-year-old actor to one of Hallyu's pioneering leading ladies, Song Hye-kyo who played a doctor named Kang Mo-yeon.

While fans of the popular drama are elated with the possibility, show producer Lee Eung-bok admitted to Yonhap News that it might be difficult to proceed with a second season - not for the lack of story but because of the difficulty to bring all of the cast members back together given their respective schedules.

"Season 2 would be nice, but I don't know about its possibility," she said. "We'd have to keep all the main cast, whose schedules won't be easy to coordinate. We'd also need the two writers again, and that might be hard."

Both leads, Joong-ki and Hye-gyo are top stars in Korea, and it can be presumed that their schedules have already been filled even before "Descendants of the Sun" has finished. Jin Goo (Seo Dae-young), who has found renaissance in his long career through the drama, as well as Kim Ji-won (Yoon Myung-ju) will presumably have their respective projects coming out of a popular drama like "Descendants of the Sun."

iris-promo-poster.jpg?w=570&h=397&l=50&t

The thought, however, of pursuing a "Descendants of the Sun 2" without its main characters is also possible as seen with another KBS drama, "Iris." The original iteration which came out in 2009 is jam packed with A-listers including Lee Byung-hyeon, Kim Tae-hee, Kim So-yeon, Kim Sung-soo, and Jung Joon-ho. Similar with "Descendants of the Sun," the TV show went with an open ended finale, albeit a more tragic one. It's sequel, "Iris 2," which came out in 2013, took on the same setting and thematic core but with different players like Jang Hyuk, Lee Da-hae, Lee Beom-soo, and Yoon Doo-joon. However, while it posed decent viewership ratings, it was below what the original series garnered.

It was also the same scenario with 2011's teen-musical series "Dream High" when it had a follow-up chapter with "Dream High 2" in 2011. Interestingly, the aforementioned show is also produced by KBS. 

As of now, everything is up in the air for a sequel, but fans can look forward to a three-part "Descendants of the Sun" special which will air from April 20 to 22.

http://www.vinereport.com/article/descendants-of-the-sun-2-news-is-a-sequel-possible-without-its-main-characters/10086.htm

• Like 9