[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

i say (actually hope)..its prison break aka..

He dies but he is not dead..

1. Given its a soldier..i know death kind of ties in with the story and gives the higher message of priorities in life..and loss should not be a reason to not accept some things (well loving a soldier for instance..even if they live a very unpredictable life)

2. But, it would rip our hearts apart..... 

I don't know..however  i think, if I were the director, I would want to kill YSJ.. because if he is assumed dead and he is hiding for years..doesn't make any sense..since he is not intellgence man who has to go under cover .. even if he is trapped on enemy ground..

• Like 3

Okay so I watched both episodes... And needless to say, I have a lot to say.

The good first:

Both episodes were hilarious and romantic and action packed. Every single actor is holding up their role well, and I enjoy watching them interact. I love how MY truly loved SJ, and realized how much he means to her. SJ already fell deeply in love, and she feels the same now. Also, I like the unexpected twists and turns in the drama. I was totally not expecting to see SJ dying in an ambulance, nor was I expecting that North Korean friend to be alive, nor was I expecting DY and MJ to break up. That was great! Descendants of the Sun is such an enjoyable watching experience.

Now the bad:

HOW THE HECK IS SJ AUTOMATICALLY HEALED AND ALL HE NEEDS IS A GOSH DANG CAST WHEN HE CLEARLY GOT GUNNED DOWN AND WAS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AND CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD BUT THEN HE TOTALLY GOT UP LIKE SHALALA AND WENT TO GO SEE THAT NORTH KOREAN DUDE WHEN HE THREATENED JA AE WITH A SCALPEL!!?!! 

Just how???! 

Okay ay there was lapses in logic in Urk, like SJ not even reacting to that huge slab falling on his back, or how that guy could be cool with diamonds in his system and poop every single one out. But really??? The writers just totally are looking for drama now, and as I enjoy the drama, I would've stopped watching it cuz of the total lapses in logic everywhere. Like how did SJ GET UP ON THE ROOFTOP WHEN HE WAS INJURED TO BE A SNIPER? How did SJ sneak him out to talk to him in the CT scan room when clearly there was so many guards and his secret conversation was totally fake?? Hggggghhghhhghhn!! 

I love this drama but I was banging my head repeatedly. Perhaps I should have a drinking game.

MY yells at SJ- one drink

SJ or DY life is in danger- two drinks

MY saves SJ automatically- three drinks

DY and MJ have a dramatic moment like I need to let you go for your sake- four drinks 

there is a lapse in logic- drink the whole bottle! 

• Like 9

recently there are various kind of spoiler i can see! and its making confussion,tension etc! :P from 15th april my exam will be start,and in the mean time,i m sooo much tens about #DOTS !!!  

what will be happen,what's going on... that's how i just thinking!but everyboday saying,i should'nt see next episode's!:vicx:  :(anyway,can anyone say is it real or fake? 

Spoiler

12961725_484336748422463_332922037030643

9 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

I feel like me or someone else has addressed this countless times before but the Weibo spoilers are fake. The summaries have all been false compared to the episodes so please please please do not trust them to do not fret over them do not question their authenticity. They're someone's fanfiction or something. 

Just enjoy the last two episodes and take it as it comes! There's nothing we can do to change the ending. All we can do is sit back and enjoy. 

Cheers. 

I agree. And PLEASE, many have already said this: THOSE POSTS SHOULD BE PUT UNDER SPOILER.

Oh and one more thing, BACK READ PLEASE. I am sorry to say this but I am getting tired of some posts being repeatedly posted especially the speculations that we have already confirmed as baseless and false. 

• Like 20

Am I the only one who thinks the second leads are trying to find reasons to be apart? Till last week they were too deep in love and were ready to do anything for each other and this week they are fighting over a newly invented pride? SDY was crazy enough to risk a deadly virus for MJ , now he is sulking because his pride is hurt????   We as the audience are already struggling for the main couple, between captain Korea superheroics and the sharp curveballs thrown their way, we are nervous enough for SJ and MY. why can't the second lead couple reduce our angst and get together already.. Sheesh...

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, ladyme said:

Can someone enlighten me? 

I heard dots has shoot 2 endings, both happy and sad one, and it's depend on KBS to pick which one get air. Is it true?

Nope its false. Everything has been finalized since it had to be aired in China as well. There is one ending and we will see that on Thursday! 

• Like 22

I don't like that spoiler's ending.

YSJ must be best man on SDY's wedding along with KMY to YMJ. And than, after 2-3 years Both couples visit Uruk. Their children are playing on the beach. YSJ's and KMY's baby boy gives the stone to SDY's and KMY's baby girl :phew: and a kiss ;) . So young couple got engaged.:D

And exactly here comes the inscription END. Happy ever after :w00t:;).

6SUJfBs.jpg

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, zairrie said:

I agree. And PLEASE, many have already said this: THOSE POSTS SHOULD BE PUT UNDER SPOILER.

Oh and one more thing, BACK READ PLEASE. I am sorry to say this but I am getting tired of some posts being repeatedly posted especially the speculations that we have already confirmed as baseless and false. 

Exactly...

Reminder as moderator:

- Anything related to the ending should be posted under spoiler (button with the eye, on the right).

- Don't quote pictures, gifs or videos.

- edit your comment, if you notice that you quoted a picture.

- This thread should stay related to the drama! Anything about the actors and actresses' life should be posted on other threads.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, iamemilykay said:

What I absolutely love in Ep 13:

1. How SJ takes care of MY, even in little things like taking off her shoes for her and unwrapping her sandwich before passing it to her - a true gentleman's gestures, I would say

2. How SJ is very possessive of MY (in a good way) -- he introduced himself as MY's boyfriend as he goes around, sending the message to people that's "she's mine". The scenes of him in the elevator against Director Han and him telling that annoying lady doctor "I'm Dr. Kang's boyfriend" are just so awesome. He also warned her not to go drinking with any other guy, because she tends to forget everything she has done after that. 

3. How SJ feels so bad and apologetic when he needed to cut short their date again, this time at Subways - despite the fact that MY has already agreed to embrace him and his work, SJ doesn't take for granted that MY would be alright if he leaves their date after a call for duty. He immediately apologises and look ready to take on any complaints or displeasure from MY. This is him staying true to what he said earlier, "MY always has the upper hand in their relationship". Or how I see it, its more like him letting MY always have the upper hand. 

4. How MY reassured SJ she will be waiting for him to return -  by asking him for a movie date when he's back, like how he did at the start. To me, its a very meaningful scene as it not only portrays how MY in reciprocity has accepted SJ for who he is, but also tells him that she'll be thinking about him and wants him to stay safe, to come back and come home, implying she's his home.  :heart::heart:

Nicely put! I didn't see No.2 that way till you mentioned it and I thought that is really nice.

I think No.3 will always be one of my favourite YSJ & KMY's moment. That particular scene is very similar to the coffee hug back in Uruk. Through these two scenes, we can really see how grateful and appreciative YSJ is of KMY. Both scenes zoomed in on YSJ's face after KMY reassure him that she will be there and you could see his expression. Just oozing with awe and love. Credit to SJK's amazing acting!

I always thought why didnt YSJ give up on pursuing KMY? Its a brief encounter. She clearly said no. And even after then, she didnt wanted to start one with him. And I think it was because he saw first the strength & courage in her besides her beautiful face. And perhaps then, for once, he felt he has found someone brave enough to love him. 

• Like 23

On 7/4/2016 at 4:43 PM, sanaeozora said:

From @MAROSA_JIN's post, this bit is bothering me a lot now:

" “I am Yoo Si-jin, born in 1983, Pisces horoscope, blood type A,” he told Han. 

Earlier, Kang’s age was revealed when Yoo saw Kang’s paperwork for her medical voluntary service abroad. Kang was born on Sept. 14, 1983.  "

That's just not possible. If Shi-jin is a pisces, it means he was born in Februrary/March 1983. Mo-yeon's birthday claims she was born in September. But in episode 2, she clearly said she was older than he is. It must be a writing blunder...Shi-jin should have been born in 1984, which would make more sense since from the start it was stated that she was one year his senior.

Based on Haesung Hospital Volunteer List Kang Mo Yeon Birthday is 14 September 1983 ( episode 2) and Yoo Si Jin Line in episode 13 "born in 1983, pisces" its mean Yoo Si Jin Birthday its around February - March 1983Actually Yoo Si Jin older than Kang Mo Yeon but they born in the same year its 1983 . So in their movie date in episode 2 Kang Mo Yeon call Yoo Si Jin "oppa" first its true. I think when she said she older than him its just Kang Mo Yeon joke. 

• Like 23

1 hour ago, miss sojisub said:

it is just because my curiousity..... i keep thinking what movie that they always unable to watch... (since i want to watch it for them and tell them the ending :) )

so based on KMY description about the movie : the movie is fun, and break 10 million viewers so that movie receive so many highlight. 

the i do googling, 2015 korean movie that reach 10 million viewers... why 2015 coz based on time they were doing the shooting it was 2015.... it just because i'm curious ..

Voila with that search tag i found 2 movie with 10 million viewer only left me 2 movie 

based on : http://www.kpop-map.com/2015-korean-movies-recorded-over-10-million-viewers/

But only 1 movie that seem to match with this drama which is :

why??? because YAI one of the cast in that movie. and He also make a cameo in DOTS...

And HJM will be on the same movie with SJK after this.

hemmm am i having my guess right???? 

if yes... i can tell the ending... no one die... lol

eh, haha, I think you got it's right, not because of YAI or HJM, but the movie name is Veteran, I think first time they watched the movie somehow it related to soldier :grin: 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jayyepeee said:

HAHAHA. OMO, your post makes perfect sense. I will add one more - he glows when exposed to the sun. Song Joong Ki is the definition of hot and so we can concluded here that he clearly is a vampire. :PPP

4 hours ago, Carin UM said:

Conservative.......So don't be ever asking bed scene!......and he scared with sunlight (top gun scene,when the other didn't use sunglass he used it.:D:mrgreen::mrgreen:yes he is another handsome vampire)

3 hours ago, dhia205 said:

LOL... so i was wrong all the time?? yes he is vampire indeed. what a perfect sunproof vampire. no wonder he always aim for MY neck :lol:so if he is conservative than we wont have bad tent scene? what a waste :phew: 

3 hours ago, miss sojisub said:

and he also very good in water when saving KMY out from the vehicle... vampires didn't need to catch a breath right??

ahahahaha omoo.... you really are super right chinggu...he's nothing a superhero but a very damn hot vampire 

Yes! All excellent points!! ;) He's so charismatic and illegally handsome he can't be human. That explains why girls all over the world go gaga over him - same reaction they had towards Edward Cullen and Salvatore brothers, lol.

And don't forget that Sergeant Seo refused to show him his house. They've been so close for years, but never home invitation? I believe Sergeant Seo suspects something about his close friend. Smart guy!

• Like 15