[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

8 hours ago, miss sojisub said:

@picorange that 100% not true ... SHK pic is taken in her previous movie scene (not drama... i forgot the title... a sad movie actually for me) and the tomb...its not written Yoo Shi Jin... don't get fool by the year written. 

the camping scene is the ending.... (i hope lol)

i feel i'm not able to watch episode 14 again.... thou the sub is out already. but i don't want to re watch it again. I don't know last night was so weird for me watched the episode..... i just feel i watch a different DOTS... and it's not fun at all.

and the romance scene too i don't fall for it.... huh weird... did i watch another drama last night?? "the timing is strange"... (quoting captain Yoo)

Aah! That's really good newsss! Phewww:w00t: thank you for your explanation chingguu!

anw did soompi just crashed a while ago?? Didnt seem to be able to access this forum before...

• Like 4

gihyeon.yun IG update with SJK

BIG BOSS before doing his action scene :D

Cff9hIUWQAAurNw.jpg

[VID] ViuTV Exclusive interview with SJK and SHK in Hong Kong for DOTS

• Like 19

Will ‘Descendants of the Sun’ have a happy ending?

With only two episodes left for the popular drama “Descendants of the Sun,” viewers are wondering if the series will have a happy ending where the two main couples -- Song Joong-ki-Song Hye-kyo and Jin Goo-Kim Ji-won -- end up together happily ever after.

In the latest 14th episode that was aired Thursday, special forces Capt. Yoo Si-jin, played by Song Joong-ki, suffered a cardiac arrest following a deadly gun fight while on a mission. However, Yoo miraculously survived with the help of Dr. Kang Mo-yeon, played by Song Hye-kyo.

“I am sorry to make you worry, and thanks for saving me,” Yoo told Kang.

“I watched on the news today about the peace you protected. But if you are really sorry, please don’t turn up again covered with blood,” Kang said.

Kang sincerely took care of Yoo and near the end of the episode, the two decided to watch a film together inside a hospital room, sitting on the hospital bed. It was a film that the two were planning to watch together a number of times on previous dates but couldn’t.

But they both fall asleep while watching. “I don’t know who fell asleep. It was an exhausting and long day and I was by his side,” Kang said in a voice-over narration. “I lay down and I sparkled, just like a woman being loved. I wonder whether the film, we could not finish, had a happy ending or a sad ending.”

After the episode, the teaser trailer of the next episode was released, featuring Yoo heading to somewhere far again on a mission, and his fellow soldier delivering an unknown, serious news to Kang, indicating something had happened to Yoo.

The uncertain narration and trailer is sparking a lot of speculation about the ending among viewers. “I am still nervous, but I am sure it will be a happy ending because Yoo already survived death many times,” one viewer said.

Spoiler

Another couple Seo Dae-young, played by Jin, and Yoon Myung-joo, played by Kim, decided to break-up after facing another obstacle and for the better of each other. The two are no longer together, but still think earnestly of each other.

“Descendants of the Sun,” airs Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. on KBS2 network.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604081551229337561_2

• Like 16

'Descendants of the Sun' searched over 10 bln times on Weibo

SEOUL, April 8 (Yonhap) -- South Korean TV series "Descendants of the Sun" has topped 10 billion in the accumulated number of searches for the show on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.

As of Friday morning, the drama depicting a romance between a soldier (Song Joong-ki) and a doctor (Song Hye-kyo) in a fictional war-torn country in the Mediterranean has been searched 10.3 billion times, the largest, on Weibo.

This photo shows actor Song Joong-ki as Yoo Si-jin in the popular KBS 2TV drama series "Descendants of the Sun." (Yonhap) This photo shows actor Song Joong-ki as Yoo Si-jin in the popular KBS 2TV drama series "Descendants of the Sun." (Yonhap)

But the buzz among Chinese fans in regards to the show has cooled recently.

The drama recently was rated 8.1 on a scale of 10 from viewers on China's largest Internet site for drama reviews. The rate was down from an average of 9.4 for the first two episodes with some viewers complaining about the slow progress of the romance and the large share of disaster and battle stories.

Premiering in both South Korea and China on Feb. 24, the show airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. on KBS 2TV in South Korea. In China, the show appears on the Chinese video platform iQiyi on the same days.

A compiled photo from "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap) A compiled photo from "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap)

(END )http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/08/0701000000AEN20160408004300315.html

even better!AWESOME!Thanks God soompi is working again!

• Like 15

'Descendants of the Sun' searched over 10 billion times on Weibo

South Korean TV series "Descendants of the Sun" has topped 10 billion in the accumulated number of searches for the show on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.

As of Friday morning, the drama depicting a romance between a soldier (Song Joong-ki) and a doctor (Song Hye-kyo) in a fictional war-torn country in the Mediterranean has been searched 10.3 billion times, the largest, on Weibo.

But the buzz among Chinese fans in regards to the show has cooled recently.

The drama recently was rated 8.1 on a scale of 10 from viewers on China's largest Internet site for drama reviews. The rate was down from an average of 9.4 for the first two episodes with some viewers complaining about the slow progress of the romance and the large share of disaster and battle stories.

Premiering in both South Korea and China on Feb. 24, the show airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. on KBS 2TV in South Korea. In China, the show appears on the Chinese video platform iQiyi on the same days. (Yonhap)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604081404179078781_2

• Like 17

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Episode 14

photo710785.jpg

For the second time in its fourteen-episode run "Descendants of the Sun" has experienced a ratings drop. It came in at 33.0%, 0.5% decrease. Perhaps it is the fact that the glamour and excitement of the foreign country was no longer present. Perhaps it was the broaching of the sensitive North/South Korea conflict that is more tense than ever. Perhaps it was just the simple fact that the cliffhanger wasn't really a cliffhanger despite the fact that the show only has a week left (save for the bonus goodies to be offered after its run.)

The strongest part of the episode was the relationships, namely the friendships. There is the forbidden friendship between Si-Jin and Ahn Jung-joon (Ji Seung-hyeon). The layful, but devoted, friendship of comrades Dae-yeong and Si-jin. There is the friendship turned love between Doctor Song and Nurse Ha. Mo-yeon's friendship with the doctor in the wheelchair. The romances are afterthoughts save for Si-jin's and Mo-yeon's. This episode explores true friendship and love: accepting people for everything they are. Between Si-jin and Jung-joon, it was respecting each other as soldiers and their mutual allegiance to their respective countries.

photo710784.jpg

Their friendship also alludes to the bigger issue of the divided Koreas and how there is an extremely close history between them. A shared language. A once shared land. Torn families. Si-jin and Jung-joon respect that and each other. It was not intended, but the current political landscape between North Korea, China, and the world makes this episode especially poignant. Just as the military aspect of this drama rings true for so many Koreans, the inclusion of North Korean tensions will as well.

Let's now turn to what made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Si-jin was shot. Even if he had a bullet-proof vest on, he still suffered his heart stopping, loss of blood, and probably a concussion. Yet somehow he sits up, walks around, goes on missions, and he doesn't show any fatigue, pain, or the inability to move parts of his body to to injury. I don't blame Song Joong-ki, but the director. What was that, Director Lee? Some of the politicking was shady as well. I suppose it is to be expected of dramas. Many fields are misrepresented. So let's leave that and get to the funny stuff.

Si-jin and Dae-yeong have such a delightful friendship in that they mock each other, support each other, laugh at each other. Dae-yeong does it all with a straight face. It's fabulous stuff. I also loved that the usual fight between women, the pulling of hair, was turned into a symptom of Chi-hoon's fiancee's contractions. Such a lovely use and subversion of a K-drama trope.

Mo-yeon and Si-jin get to test out their new relatinship parameters: she supports him in his dangerous work, and he tries not to worry her despite the fact that his truths are scary. I liked the push and pull of their relationship. It makes it so natural.

I'm curious to see where they take this in the last week. It could try to pack too much into it in terms of action, or they could focus on the relationships, which is the juicy good stuffs of "Descendants of the Sun".

photo710783.jpg

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-descendants-of-the-sun-episode-14-93256.html

• Like 18

Waaaaaaaaah! after 123456789 years, just got back!! It's almost half a day that I couldn't log in here in soompi forum..why is that??? Anyone experienced it too??? :tears::tears::tears:

anyway, Congratulations to DOTS!! Another high ratings they've got!! woooohoooh!   congratulations smileycheerleader 2 smileycheerleader 1 smiley

so, backreading time  big smile2 smiley

• Like 11

SJK-SHK and Jin Goo took pic with DOTS OST singers (K Will and Mad Clown) at DOTS team dinner few days ago :wub:

Cffe5TYW4AErORb.jpg

Cffe56IW8AEcZ7Z.jpg

STARSHIPent twitter

CfgYI7eWsAA1bfO.jpg

• Like 19

I'm new to this forum and am probably going to make a few posting mistakes so sorry about that in advance!! 

THANK YOU for posting all the updates and recaps and reviews. I agree that the episode seems to be slightly off and different from what DOTS was like for the past 12 episodes, but I think we will resume to that kind of mood in the last two. Love the scene in the hospital so much heheee especially when Dae Young thinks he can get away with pretending he's Si Jin?? 

@larienssi omg I love your take on this episode - I was so into the episode that it didn't really occur to me he was acknowledging her bravery and yes I agree, that's way more impactful than hugs and kisses. 

• Like 9

Welcome back Soompi home. I've missed you so much.

I like the last dialogue between YSJ and KMY, when KMY refused to lay on patient bad near YSJ (to me it was not a brilliant idea ;) of her) and YSJ is scolding so nicely about wounding his feelings with refusal to lay near him and his disability to do anything :D but walk for fresh air on the roof of another building to visit the department store :phew: .

p53dOGZ.jpg

But now I am afraid of next episode. It seems to me, that Woo Geun brought bad news. I hope everyone will stay alive. :bawling:

• Like 12