[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

WHOA!!!! This thread is really on a roll...I can't keep up with it...pages are piling faster than I expected it to be. Though I am happy to read all the comments, POVS, assumptions, scenarios...name it...our imaginations are on sky as a limit level. Certainly goes to prove that this drama is most loved, most watched these days.

Since we are all into it...and since Episode 4's ending is still very much fresh in our minds...may I ask a more detailed explanation on what was the impact of MY's declaration on why the movie they intend to watch together reminded her of SJ? Some mentioned here that it was sort of admission of how she truly feels for SJ...and the fact that it triggered the kiss from SJ, how meaningful was it really?

I am not a frequent poster here because I can't easily express everything in writing but I am certainly a lurker and is so overwhelmed with how others can express their thoughts so fluently....I turn into a fan of these fans as well.

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Jalhanda said:

WHOA!!!! This thread is really on a roll...I can't keep up with it...pages are piling faster than I expected it to be. Though I am happy to read all the comments, POVS, assumptions, scenarios...name it...our imaginations are on sky as a limit level. Certainly goes to prove that this drama is most loved, most watched these days.

Since we are all into it...and since Episode 4's ending is still very much fresh in our minds...may I ask a more detailed explanation on what was the impact of MY's declaration on why the movie they intend to watch together reminded her of SJ? Some mentioned here that it was sort of admission of how she truly feels for SJ...and the fact that it triggered the kiss from SJ, how meaningful was it really?

I am not a frequent poster here because I can't easily express everything in writing but I am certainly a lurker and is so overwhelmed with how others can express their thoughts so fluently....I turn into a fan of these fans as well.

just write and share what you want and feel. this is why we join forum;)

what was the impact of MY's declaration on why the movie they intend to watch together reminded her of SJ? Some mentioned here that it was sort of admission of how she truly feels for SJ...and the fact that it triggered the kiss from SJ, how meaningful was it really?

after they meet again we can see shi jin feelings for her is still there with his words and actions. he's trying to hold, touch and see her every time. saying i'm happy to meet you again, asking about her life and saying cheesy lines like you're even prettier now. but it still unsure about mo yeon feelings. so when she say that she doesn't watch the movie because it reminds her about him every time she think about the movie its like indirect confession from mo yeon to shi jin. even after 8 months break up she still think and has some feelings for him too. so that's what trigger him to do that. this is only my opinion. maybe other can share theirs too.

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

@minoz_joyax Congrats!! :D is he one of the topless guys? Maybe you can start asking him a few questions about DotS like,"How does it feel to have Song Hye Kyo staring at you when you were jogging?" :P

yes..he's one of those topless guys, i already sent an introductory message but he didn't respond..he just read it,lol maybe he just don't wanna reply to me or perhaps because he cannot understand english, either of the two....hahaah for as long as i can see his drool-worthy pics it's fine for me. :blush:

HIS FB LINK

• Like 12

Spoiler

Screenshot_7.jpgScreenshot_9.jpg

Just realised we are yet to watch this scene. Looks like they are not in Uruk. They will probably be back in SK. But Why? I don't think this story is as simple as some people are saying. It do have layers which make me freaking excited.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

Yes, Agus (that's his name?) is SCORCHING HOT. Although I do feel a little guilty to admit it... :sweatingbullets:

Whatever the case, and regardless of what happens between them, Shi-jin is in for a world of pain when he'll meet Agus again.

And considering how incredibly heartbreaking is seeing Song Joong-ki's portrayal of a man in pain, we're not going to survive this drama.

Not to mention the fact that apparently I am not alone fearing that Shi-jin might not make it to the end of it...I am forcing myself to remember Song Hye-kyo's words when she said this is a rom-com...so unless she's trying to lure us into a false sense of security, Shi-jin will be able to take Mo-yeon back to the Shripwreck Beach, right? RIGHT??? :tears:

Glad you like agus too thought it's just me.

they keep giving us hot guys is soo tactless, if something happen to YSJ i might just jump ship to agus.lol

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ladyme said:

Glad you like agus too thought it's just me.

they keep giving us hot guys is soo tactless, if something happen to YSJ i might just jump ship to agus.lol

haha not only hot but his acting not bad actually from the preview.

don't worry our captain won't die. i believe it.

i'm really happy joining this forum and meet you guys here. this forum kinda become my 2nd home now^_^

https://0.viki.io/14137ab9d1d6e82caa9fa4256e88ae5a96ea24e30af08.jpg?o=c

credit to the owner

• Like 13

On 5 March 2016 at 10:14 AM, infinite7muse_3b47 said:

8 hours ago, carolinedl said:

That's an interesting topic... I think SJ has the lower hand because of his job. He is at a disadvantage because of his line of work. It involves death, killing people and potentially being killed. Whereas MY's line of work is about life, saving people. That is why she stopped things with him at first. So when she wanted to come to the funeral, he said that it would be bad for him if she'd come. She did and he said that it was the reason why he did not want for her to come: it could only reinforced what she had thought back then because it was all about death.

That is the biggest obstacle right now. SJ = death and MY = life.

I do think that it is a simplistic vision of it all. As we have seen, SJ's line of work deals as much as life as it does with death. MY is starting to see that as well... I also think that is the same for MY...

Again, it is all black and white whereas there is a huge spectrum of grey in between.

Agree. It's like opening MY eyes more to the real dangers of beig a soldier, and this would give her more reason to stand by what she said when she dumped SJ and not pursue a relationship with him. Like there are more Cons than Pros of being with him. And this is why after their date and the funeral, you can see and feel his frustration when MY asked about the comrade and she must be very curious  bec she waited until they got back to the camp to ask about it. And SJ chose not to talk abt it bec no matter what he does, he's still on a losing end of the relationship, if he opens up she'll get scared  if he doesn't, he's not letting her in. Thus giving him the lower hand. My heart broke for SJ bec I can feel how so frustrating it is for him.  :tears: Not talking about it, only shows how SJ,  no matter how brave and confronting when it comes to danger he is afraid to face the issues about his feelings. That deep down he is scared, maybe to acknowledge his emotions, of losing MY and getting hurt. Using the VIP card, going to the shipwreck, always joking around even in the worse situations showed how he lives in the now. He lives for the moment and makes use of his time wisely to enjoy and savor every moment with MY bec as a soldier, you'll never know if you'll be able to see the light tomorrow. Soldiers are lucky if they're given a chance to live another day. 

Anyway, with SJ/SJK hotness and all, especially his gaze and lowering his face and almost always kissing her,  I wonder how SHK can concentrate on her acting. If I were her, it will be really hard for me to focus no matter how professional I am. And he's so good looking he makes you feel like a woman with how he looks. It will also be hard for me not to develop any feelings towards him I'll definitely melt. Same with SJK to SHK, i mean she is a goddess! How can you not like her and not appreciate her beauty? Especially if you spend 6 months together. Maybe that's why she mentioned they have too many NG and all they do is laugh. They're still humans after all and they have feelings too. Off topic but, i'm curious if co-stars can really get attracted to each other. 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, leedonghaek said:

When the visuals are too strong, every scene feels like a photoshoot. Definitely no photoshop needed. I'm always torn between staring at their beautiful faces or reading the subs. Both SJK & SHK really need to do a photoshoot together. Can someone make that happen? :)

@vu_hoa1983 nice one! :)

:D First, watch the raw version and focus totally on them.

Then watch the version with sub.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

I have watched quite a number of Song Hye Kyo'd projects but I have never seen her this lively and stunning.

Trust me when I say I am totally won over by Song Joong Ki in this role. No one can hate Captain Shi Jin for his righteousness, strong sense of justice, humor and the way he loves a woman.

But I do admit I feel sad when Song Hye Kyo doesn't seem to get the amount of attention she deserves for her role; and probably how many people easily think MY is a childish character when in fact she is more in touch with the real world than Shi Jin actually.

MY's world is more like what an ordinary people experience. She tries to earn what she deserves by working hard but she soon realizes the unfairness in this world and also the importance of money and connection. She is not afraid to speak her mind against people who wrong her, the chief who declined her academic title, the incompetent fellow brat who passed her the TV spot or the hospital chairman who wanted to take advantage of her. Doctors save patients but they also need to earn money to live; and not all but most people love to be recognized for what they do/ Even though Shi Jin points out that she might have changed, I honestly don't find anything wrong with that. That's how it is in the real world.

When Shi Jin first met MY, he was impressed with how she wasn't scared of "gangster" and did what she could to save the patient and find out the truth about his assault.

In Urk,Shi Jin words may help motivate MY but deep down she is still the same. MY made a rational medical decision to save the patient but if she couldn't save him, she would be in trouble or risk her reputation. Even the fact that she didn't even have proper medical information about the patient might not have saved her. Shi Jin took all the responsibilities but the Arab people would hold both responsible for sure. She didn't do surgeries for the last 8 months too. But she confidently looked at Shi Jin in his eyes and said she could; she didn't even back down at gun point.

Ok, her talk with Shi Jin's bosses might seem strange. But think about it: she genuinely thought she single-handedly ruined Shi Jin's career with her decision and that he did this because of her. When Shi Jin harshly scolded her later, she realized things were more complicated than just that and eventually apologized to him in the kitchen. She learns about things she didn't know before

So how is MY immature and childish?

Song Hye Kyo's potrayal of MY is so on point for me. She makes MY one of the most attractive doctors with the best smile have ever know.

Whether MY looks messy (after coming out of the hospital), uncompromising (the hair grabbing scene), become practical or materialistic (her talk about money, climbing the social status, Kangnam clinic...), she is so real and confident. I really love the scenes MY complained with her friend that she almost kill the chairman, how she flatly said she is sexy with Shi Jin, how she drools over the shirtless soldier or (shamelessly) asks for two VIP cards. 

We need someone like her to see the how the world she and Shi Jin live in so similar (both for saving people) yet so different. Soon, I believe MY will fully understand Shi Jin's world and truly becomes a "pure" doctor. 

Again, I am fully on board with praises for Song Joong Ki. But Song Hye Kyo has done a fine damn job too, very convincing and believable. Netizens, pls don't just praise her for her beauty but her acting as Dr Kang too.

Thank you for the wonderful opinion on KMY. I may be bias (because I love SHK) but I could not take it when ppl called her character childish, immature, rash etc. when she is well written and leaves much room for improvement! Really looking forward to see her character grow! 

• Like 15

6 hours ago, lanti said:

Swooning on SJK aside, I think we often overlook our main heroine. I think I really like the dynamic. He's the type to go at it, to fight for what he wants, and to go with the flow of the moment. She's more mature, she thinks about the future, and will resist if she can. She doesn't flirt, if you noticed. He flirts with her. She doesn't respond to his praises or advances, minus in the beginning when she didn't know. Well, she did at the end, when she said that the movie = YSJ. I think if anyone else were to play KMY, it will be different. That person might be more expressive than SHK, might be more teary eyes, or might be more on par with how baby SJK looks, but I think SHK is just as that for KMY. Her acting is really effortless. She doesn't try hard to exaggerate her expressions. She can cry with such elegance. She makes me feel that despite how rash, blunt, and idealistic KMY can be, deep down she still retain that elegance, that grace, that intelligence as a doctor. OH please KES, don't make her a damsel in distress! =_=

Sorry to cut your post. I am seriously praying that MY does not turn into a damsel in distress. As a fan, I feel a bit disappointed that she gets overshadowed by flirty, charming Mr. soldier. 

Wonder how many scenes are there left in Greece. I recalled that SHK and SJK first met in Greece for their shooting and they only spent 1 month there. 

This one is not shown yet in any episodes. 

descendants-of-the-sun.jpg

• Like 14