[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Guest Tinkiebell

So, let me introduce you to this dude. His name is Yoo Shi Jin, a man who lives on the edge. A soldier, a sworn protector who devotes his life protecting others. Though indestructible and never weary, at every battle's end he always came back wounded and bloody.

Exhibit #1

wound3a.jpg

Exhibit #2

Spoiler

wound2.jpg

Exhibit #3

Spoiler

wound1.jpg

Exhibit #4

Spoiler

wound4.jpg

Exhibit #5

Spoiler

wound5.jpg

Exhibit #6

Spoiler

wound6.jpg

Exhibit #7

Spoiler

wound8.jpg

But luckily the universe took pity on him. They bestowed upon him, his very own personal physician. A very skillful and beautiful one at that. And no matter how hard the beautiful physician struggled to steer away from this hazardous guy, the universe kept reeling her back in. There was no other choice but to succumb.  

And so Yoo Shi jin, the great protector gets himself an amazing healer, in the form of Kang Moyeon:

web_2039649959_353538a1.jpg

Spoiler

iadsdijsapopsa.jpg

Spoiler

web_2039649959_32183062.jpg

And then the stars align, the universe smiles, and everybody is blessed down to their socks... yadayadayada :)

But seriously, if you were Kang Moyeon, would you not try your hardest to keep away from this guy? He's high risk!  

@dotsj00ngki That freaked me out at first too after hearing those rumors, but I don't think they'd be dumb/brave enough to use footage of the final episode (especially if it's that crucial in the ending) in the very first OST video. I don't know, I'm honestly still a little suspicious and scared because of chinese companies having all episodes in advance (to translate, review etc). BUT, let's drop the rumors and just enjoy the episodes without thinking too much of the ending.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, alleverything said:

@dotsj00ngki That freaked me out at first too after hearing those rumors, but I don't think they'd be dumb/brave enough to use footage of the final episode (especially if it's that crucial in the ending) in the very first OST video. I don't know, I'm honestly still a little suspicious and scared because of chinese companies having all episodes in advance (to translate, review etc). BUT, let's drop the rumors and just enjoy the episodes without thinking too much of the ending.

I really hope what you said, is true. This drama is such a breath of fresh air and is doing SO WELL :wub::heart:

• Like 5

Guest Tinkiebell

Anyway, while drooling looking at Shijin's body, full of honorable scars and wounds, I came to realize just how similar Shijin and Moyeon actually are. 

Although it's a different kind of battle than that of Shijin's, Moyeon has also been fighting her own battle. She's been fighting her way up to the top end of her career, without any connections, relying only on her own skills and wit. And though she had not been physically wounded, she was still a casualty of her own war and almost died on her own battlefield. Her scars are not less important than those of Shijin's. She was battle-weary, utterly exhausted and dejected, and I grieve for her...

cry1_1.jpg

Spoiler

cry2.jpg

Not only that she was rejected for promotion despite her qualifications AND hard work (not once or twice, but three times), but she was also reduced to be a pretty doctor who merely serves as a promotional tool for the hospital she works at. And you think it stopped there? No, the chairman of that very hospital thought he could throw her another insult by degrading her further into someone whom he thinks he can easily sleep with. And when she fought back, the next thing she knew, she was whisked away to a military base in the middle of a war torn country.  

So, mentally wrung out, the least thing she needs in her life is something that can drain her emotional energy out even more. The least thing she needs in her life is to be in a relationship with someone whose job can literally cause him to die, at any moment. No matter how charming that person is. 

So she tried her best to resist. But alas, as we've all noticed, resistance is futile. The universe, or as @lila7 stated, the charming man's magnetic power kept reeling her back in. And when the whole universe conspires against you, what's a girl to do? 

Shijin and Moyeon, two people seemingly so different, but yet very similar. Both wounded and scarred from battles (one more literally than the other), and both need each other to heal. She treats his physical injuries, while he mends her emotional bruises.  

On 3/18/2016 at 11:11 PM, lila7 said:

Don't worry so much about what will happen at the end. Uri Captain will not let his sweetheart MY get harm as she also won't let Uri Captain die easily. She's a great surgeon while he is a great saviour, though!. These two distinct professions are complementing each other. :D:P

Currently rewatching Dots 1-8  :w00t:

@dotsj00ngki    I repost my post as a response to your post about the ending.:P

• Like 5

10 hours ago, miss sojisub said:

Where can i watch that long preview??? I have never seen that too

I read it in this thread somewhere, it included this picture. I am not sure if that long preview is available in the country i'm at though.search?q=long+preview+of+descendants+of+

19 hours ago, Chellsee said:

And who is not excited for next episode... Can't really wait!

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images. Thank You.

this drama realy make us waiting and waiting every  new episode to come... This ??? Always come for that. As for myself i really enjoy DotS soo much

• Like 1

Guest Tinkiebell
1 hour ago, dotsj00ngki said:

Unfortunately, I think the rumoured ending is very possible. If you take a look at the MV for the OST "Always" , it begins with a scene which looks like a grave(?) of some sort and pans out to a scene where KMY is teaching the kids how to paint. If you keep watching, there's another scene, where (i think) YSJ's helmet and gun is placed on a bed, most likely symbolizing his death. I REALLY HOPE THAT THE SAD ENDING WON'T HAPPEN BUT I THINK THERE'S AN EXTREMELY HIGH CHANCE FOR IT, especially considering the fact that all the OST MV's use footage from the drama :bawling:

Hi @dotsj00ngki, I don't know... I still have faith in Writer-nim. I think the graveyard in the MV is a red herring. If you look closer, you can see the date in the wooden grave cross, and it reads: 1910-1982.

grave.png 

So if we were to believe the rumor based on the graveyard image shown in the official M/V of the first OST, and assuming it's indeed Shijin's grave, then the Shijin that we know was born in 1910! Whaaa? :o Omg, don't tell me... he's an alien (Do Min Joon's friend maybe?) who faked his own death in 1982 and magically re-appears in 2015! :o 

Or wait, assuming the grave is indeed Shijin's, and the whole series is actually set in a fictional and a very very modern 1940s,  (Cos' you know, Shijin is in his early 30, and if he was born in 1910, then yeah, the current year in the series must be around early 1940. But wait, Korea wasn't even divided back then and the UN peacekeeping troops was not even founded until 1948, but hey, what the heck, it's all fictional anyway, right? ;)), he'd still live to be a 72 years old geezer, because 1982, duh, so that's like what, 40 years from the current timeline in the series (again, assuming it's early 1940)? 40 years is enough time for our love birds to wreck a whole lot of lipsticks (and beds, when they're at it), no? 

Well then, what are we worried about? :lol: 

Peace out. :sweatingbullets::) 

@Tinkiebell  Indeed! You are so true. Both of them need each other. And may I say that the role of soldier and doctor are depicted symbolically as Descendant of the Sun? They give light (sun) to those people who needed, "healing" and "protection". :)

• Like 3

YSJ: Who said that I will not survive in DOTS?

YSJ: I'm the survivor.

tumblr_o47hdbp0F81tjk2bjo5_r1_500.gif

cr: descendants-of-the-sun.tumblr

K.Will Lends His Voice For 'Descendants of the Sun' OST

Spoiler

By James Buhain | March 19

image-jpg.jpg?w=600

(Photo : Twitter)

Solo artist K.Will (Kim Hyung Soo) has released the music video OST for a hit drama soundtrack.

On Friday, March 18, K.Will's OST single titled "Talk Love" for hit KBS2's drama Descendants of the Sun was released. 

"Talk Love" is a catchy whistling melody and pop song, where the music video features scenes from the drama starring Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo.

Fans who watched the music video had nothing negative to say, but mainly praise.

"What a good happy feeling I get while listening to this song," a commenter stated.

In addition, with the drama receiving high ratings each week, the soundtrack is receiving great feedback as well. OST singles from EXO's Chen & female rapper Punch, Yoon Mi Rae, and Davichi has topped various online music charts.

Descendants of the Sun airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m. KST on KBS2. The drama stars Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Ji Won, and Jin Go with the special participation of SHINee's Onew.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/270368/20160319/k-will-talk-love-descendants-of-the-sun-ost.htm

• Like 9

I cried sooooo much for the two episodes !!!! It was extremely sad. It has drained my body. I don't think Chi Hoon will leave because he won't be able to face his family if he returns to Korea. He 's human too so I don't really blame him :(

The ending of episode 8 though hahahaha !!! do embarassing omoooo !! I totally feel Mo Yeon Doctor !! hahaha

• Like 8

4 hours ago, rnc623 said:

@big_momma Hi... I sent you the link on PM.. Hopefully it helps.. The sub can be very different between VIU and Viki, its a bit frustrating for me bcs I want to know the exact meaning for every scenes lol

Whoaaaaaa... Thanks you are awesome! Will execute asap.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

Hi @dotsj00ngki, I don't know... I still have faith in Writer-nim. I think the graveyard in the MV is a red herring. If you look closer, you can see the date in the wooden grave cross, and it reads: 1910-1982.

So if we were to believe the rumor based on the graveyard image shown in the official M/V of the first OST, and assuming it's indeed Shijin's grave, then the Shijin that we know was born in 1910! Whaaa? :o Omg, don't tell me... he's an alien (Do Min Joon's friend maybe?) who faked his own death in 1982 and magically re-appears in 2015! :o 

Or wait, assuming the grave is indeed Shijin's, and the whole series is actually set in a fictional and a very very modern 1940s,  (Cos' you know, Shijin is in his early 30, and if he was born in 1910, then yeah, the current year in the series must be around early 1940. But wait, Korea wasn't even divided back then and the UN peacekeeping troops was not even founded until 1948, but hey, what the heck, it's all fictional anyway, right? ;)), he'd still live to be a 72 years old geezer, because 1982, duh, so that's like what, 40 years from the current timeline in the series (again, assuming it's early 1940)? 40 years is enough time for our love birds to wreck a whole lot of lipsticks (and beds, when they're at it), no? 

Well then, what are we worried about? :lol: 

Peace out. :sweatingbullets::) 

Ha ha ha.. @Tinkiebell That's funny.Thanks for highlighting that!

How many time that Uri captain has said that he is someone who is very trustworthy. So please trust him! Don't underestimate his capability! And part of his job is not getting killed :P

• Like 7