[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

7 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

PPL?

There are a few items that every time I see it, my mind will be thinking of something related to this drama ;) This is something new.... usually it will never stick in my mind.

1. The shoes / snickers / boots 

2. The amateur radio (ham radio)

3. The phone

I think by the end of this drama, the list will be longer

white stone, coil, pen marker, doll, mineral water ha ha

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

PPL?

There are a few items that every time I see it, my mind will be thinking of something related to this drama ;) This is something new.... usually it will never stick in my mind.

1. The shoes / snickers / boots 

2. The amateur radio (ham radio)

3. The phone

I think by the end of this drama, the list will be longer

To be honest I don't mind the way the PPL is being handled in DotS. In some US productions is way too in your face but in DotS, is done very tastefully so kudos to them for that.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

To be honest I don't mind the way the PPL is being handled in DotS. In some US productions is way too in your face but in DotS, is done very tastefully so kudos to them for that.

I actually do not mind at all as well. I'm from America and most of the stuff aren't even available here unless u go online. Moreover, if you are simply entertained, to which I am with this drama, u tend to overlook small things like the PPL that they so obviously try to advertise. Does anyone remember the CPR scene, yes! But does anyone care to bother and attack them about, I say yes, but I did not care at all haha. Flaws and PPL are part of the drama, in any drama at that. If PPL does not exist then how does the drama get funded by then? Each drama needs some sort of advertisement to promote items, in return, they give moolahs to fund their drama or what not. 

To add on a few PPL, let's not forget the famous coffee shop was it dal.komm(?) SHK's cosmetics & jewelry sponsors Laneige & J.Estina. There's a bunch if u notice at the very end of the drama. There's even a "snickers" chocolate but was this even put on the drama to advertise? Not yet, lol. I don't think all of them are going to be put on DOTS but then again we're halfway of the drama still. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

SHK's crying face is just too beautiful. How can someone cry and still look as gorgeous? 

Anyway, can't Big Boss just elope with Yeppeuni? I'm totally okay with the idea. :D

before this big boss told beauty to tell him if she want to run away. now he already hear her confession i'm sure he's already had a plan for a romantic eloping:P

but the damn phone always become love obstacle not to mention the asparagus guy will interfere sheesh

anyhow if mo yeon reject his romantic eloping plan i will gladly take it haha

Spoiler

credit to owner

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, JHBNL said:

ıf you want to run away, make sure to take me with you..

It would be much better if we run away together..

:heart: ahh..captian..

Reveal hidden contents

Take me too.. :dissapointed_relieved:

ok joke..:phew:

Love this non-verbal gesture. You can just feel the atmosphere and their chemistry just by looking at that scene. The intensity of their gaze and the those soft smile! Gaaaah! I love itttt!! 

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

SHK's crying face is just too beautiful. How can someone cry and still look as gorgeous? 

Anyway, can't Big Boss just elope with Yeppeuni? I'm totally okay with the idea. :D

She is the most beautiful women that remain and even becoming prettier when crying. :wub:

• Like 11

Just now, big_momma said:

anyways, dots ruined me. My expectations for kdrama will never be the same again. I am frantically trying to fix that though, am trying to watch popular dramas ive missed, but ended up stopping at 1 or 2 episodes, bcause i just lose interset. Not intetersting enough plot. Not pretty enuff leads, not enough chemistry, O gosh i know this is wrong but cant help it, i need help! Dots is killing me.

i feel you!! I've tried to watch the other drama that has similar theme with dots the other day, but I couldn't finish it. I gave up after 15 or 20 minutes. I complained the whole time I watched it; cinematography isn't as beautiful and then the leads, not as hot, as sexy, as witty as our Captain. And the male lead is another Chaebol etc etc, I don't know, it didn't excite me at all. It seems Dots sets the level too high.

one last note, our captain, why is he so beautiful? The way he walks, stands, hands on hips, why so perfect? Gaaahhhhhh... But im afraid of watching his past dramas, i doubt he is as awesome as he is in dots. Id like to preserve this image and start my expectations of song joong ki from here. Lol.

I watched IM just now and my hubby said his aura is very different than now in dots. He's still handsome but with a cute boyish charm while now he looks mature and sexy as hell.

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

ha ha ha... thanks @lila7

4. mosquito coils

5. the white stone - yes (we also have a similar belief)

How about an X-ray chart.  ha   ha   :D .  I never thought that was attractive before.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, lila7 said:

How about an X-ray chart.  ha   ha   :D .  I never thought that was attractive before.

Omg! That scene was epic! I did not expect that all... Who would've thought of that!? Only DOTS team! Haha! That's something I have never seen in any kdrama, but then again, I am not big on medical dramas to begin with. Anyway, like I've mentioned before, I loooove how they place small comedy scenes and yet it soooo effective and funny as hell. Definitely one of my fave comedy scenes, next to the one where she was listening through the door with the stethoscope.... that's a higher lever of jealousy and curiosity! Haha. 

• Like 17

1 minute ago, leedonghaek said:

@enzek asparagus lolllll. If they do elope one day, Imma go to SK, find KES and kiss her. :D

@lila7 ikr? This is probably a biased opinion since I'm her fan..but I do think SHK's one of the prettiest SK actresses. :)

I just recently become one of her fans. But as far as I watch Kdrama, she is the most beautiful SK actress when crying. ha ha. And I have to admit, not just for Kdrama but for the entire drama that I ever watched. 

• Like 14