[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Now, how do you suppose KMY will respond to the invitation of "having ramyeon"? Heh, heh, heh...

Hopefully a conversation where both their walls are down a little.. If our captain takes it lightly and decides to gloat on his upper hand , he might get his nth rejection...lol

13 minutes ago, staygold said:

That glint in his eyes in the end... Sweet heavens!!

Sometimes I think he has this glint way too often.. Oh our poor hearts can't stand this much!!

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, enzek said:

the preview seem good. our captain will spend some time with his doctor. hope nobody/his phone will interrupt them. wait..the phone still interrupt them right:sweatingbullets: at the end of the preview si jin look worried while holding his phone:( its really the time to toss the phone into the sea or wherever right now when they going for a date sheesh

by the way about the kinda of sunlight kiss, i know you guys are excited but i don't put high hopes on it. remember the first kiss? when the mv of you're my everything were out before the episode ep 5 aired, we think they will kiss 2 times but get trolled:rolleyes: what if it seems they will kiss on the truck but something happen so the kiss don't happen?

i am confused because there are so many sunlight kisses pictures surfacing. anyway its gonna happen that we know.

right now we have 2 kisses in the sun light right?

behind a truck and standing at a rooftop or hill (not sure). where is the source for the latter one, anyone knows? :)

refer to @kristy86 icon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Now, how do you suppose KMY will respond to the invitation of "having ramyeon"? Heh, heh, heh...

YSJ doesn't immediately take advantage of awkward situations... remember the hair washing incident.. he didn't say anything till the end where he said he needs to buy water at the theatre!!! :) You cant hold any grudges against this guy!!

• Like 10

Just now, xoxobleach said:

i am confused because there are so many sunlight kisses pictures surfacing. anyway its gonna happen that we know.

right now we have 2 kisses in the sun light right?

behind a truck and standing at a rooftop or hill (not sure). where is the source for the latter one, anyone knows? :)

refer to @kristy86 icon

Hopefully they keep the kisses to the guessed count and not fool the fans to have bad math like the characters!!

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, bharu said:

Hopefully they keep the kisses to the guessed count and not fool the fans to have bad math like the characters!!

we have picture evidence that there will be 3 new kisses at least!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/xlalalala/do5 copy.jpg

doubt they were shot for publicity sake only. advertisement sake and early release yes, but not just for posters please.

if not i i will depend on trusty fans to spin a kisses clip on them. 

think SDY and MJ kiss which has been holding out for so long may even overshadow our leads at the end. 

• Like 10

Out of all the reasons though, the female doctors could not seem to accept Song Hye Kyo's actions toward Song Joong KiThey said, "She pushes handsome and cool Yoo Shi Jin aside because her work is a top priority. Isn't that amazing?" -allkpop

ok this made me lol. sorry, i don't mean to disrespect doctor but the female doctor that said this must be a kinda teenage doctor or something. you will accept yoo si jin in a blink of an eye if you just want a kinda fling relationship but if you want to live with him you have to accept that the chance to become widow is higher even in earlier of stage of relationship.

• Like 7

Guest Tinkiebell
34 minutes ago, jeannaline said:

Hello!  I love reading thread!  Thank you for feeding my addiction.

Just one question, it might have been discussed in the previous pages, but what

was SJK father's military rank when he retired?

Welcome, @jeannaline , please join the discussions here actively :)

Regarding your question, it has indeed been discussed before, many many pages ago: 

Yoo Shi Jin's father's rank when he retired was "Wonsa", which is equivalent to a Senior Master Sergeant in most other countries. 

The insignia of the "Wonsa" rank:

%EC%9B%90%EC%82%AC2.JPG

He was a rank higher than Seo Dae Young, whose rank is "Sangsa", which is equivalent to Sergeant First Class in most other countries.

The insignia of a "Sangsa" rank:

%EC%83%81%EC%82%AC.JPG

Yoo Shi Jin is a "Daewi" (Captain), Yoon Myeong Ju is a "Jungwi" (First lieutenant). Yoon Myeong Ju's dad is a "Jungjang" (Lieutenant General).

While Kang Moyeon...? Well, I think it's been universally acknowledged that Moyeon is a cinnamon. A very pretty and sassy one at that. :wub:

Anyway, if any of you are interested in enriching your knowledge about the Korean Army ranks, you can check this wiki page. :D 

LOL funny how fans anticipated the Kiss Scenes with matching guessed count , well for me ill just leave it to the writer/s , PD coz they will likely surprise us again with a kiss scene that we never have imagined just like the confession of KMY but not that sure if it will be on episode 9 or 10????? lets just wait and see ........... 4 more sleep to go for that "sunlight " kiss or that "lipstick wrecking" kiss whatever.....

ed97c81bjw1f20p2e1684j21500u9th9.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f20p2g58lmj20om153jxv.jpg

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, enzek said:

ok this made me lol. sorry, i don't mean to disrespect doctor but the female doctor that said this must be a kinda teenage doctor or something. you will accept yoo si jin in a blink of an eye if you just want a kinda fling relationship but if you want to live with him you have to accept that the chance to become widow is higher even in earlier of stage of relationship.

Those doctors don't have time to think about the future when Uri captain is in the present. They seemingly admit that they are fangirling of Uri captain. :D:P

• Like 3

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@iamemilykay Welcome to forum soompi and to this thread!! smileysred crab

I agree with you. So far, the writing, acting  and the directing are really good! admire2 onion head Actually really impressive! Now, I am crossing my fingers that this will stay that way.  panda 16

@bebebisous33 Thank you very much! :blush:

Me too, I am holding up all hopes that this drama will end the way it started - with a BIG LOUD BANG! :w00t::w00t:

It has been a very nice balanced development for all main characters thus far, with their backstories unfolding and meshing into the entire plot. Totally loving how smooth the tone changes are made to each story development, especially ep 8 was lighter after a very heavy ep 7. I really appreciate how Shi Jin spoke in a joking manner to Mo Yeon after he was trapped with the construction worker. He knows she was very worried, n therefore wanted to ease her worries by doing so. 

For ep 9, it's funny but I have a feeling YMJ's dad will give SDY the green light to date his daughter. Judging from how he wanted SDY to be on the list of army men going back to Uruk and how he earlier told SDY that SDY can report him for unjust orders, it feels like he is already opening up to SDY? *hoping this is true*

• Like 10

4 hours ago, kikirs said:

Even to SJ seemed strange and asked her "how did you know this was a dress uniform?". hahaha...MG`s father`s reaction is very funny!!!

Can someone tell me which scene or episode this happened in (Where MY recognized YSJ's uniform)? I don't remember it.

• Like 3

PPL?

There are a few items that every time I see it, my mind will be thinking of something related to this drama ;) This is something new.... usually it will never stick in my mind.

1. The shoes / snickers / boots 

2. The amateur radio (ham radio)

3. The phone

I think by the end of this drama, the list will be longer

• Like 5