[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hello everyone!! :-h :-h

My excitement shot through the roof once I read both Song were considering the drama and now 4 leads confirmed it's unbelievable!! Definitely KBS wants popularity+talents for this drama... Beside DOTS, Producer also have great casts, so I think KBS really really work hard to secure talented actors after their dramas tanked last year.
Nowadays where I always iffy on one or two leads, it's so good that DOTS have leads I really like and love...
I love SHK since AIMH days.. No matter what she's done, tax evasion or not, she's still good actress. Afterall she already paid her dues and apologized to Korean public. What's more they want?
While SJK, I love him since watching Nice Guy. He's really good actor! Amazing and mesmerizing! :-bd

Now can't wait for the filming and the actual drama.. The wait will be a torture, but it's better waiting longer for great casts than waiting for so-so casts right?

PS: I'm not really fond of the writer, but I've watched all her dramas since SeGa till Heirs. As long as she doesn't write sugary love story with too much cheesy lines and write UN Peacekeeping/Doctors story with earnest, she'll do fine... B-)

• Like 3

class="article_post_title entry-title" style="font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; color: rgb(72, 72, 72); padding: 0px 0px 15px; text-transform: capitalize; letter-spacing: 0.800000011920929px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Song Hye Kyo And Song Joong Ki Confirmed As Leads For 'Descended From The Sun'jfsklafjlksjkfsa.jpg
E Daily - Naver: Song Hye Kyo confirmed for 'Descended from the Sun'....'Historical lineup' achieved

1. [+804, -68] They don't match at all ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+740, -56] Song Hye Kyo would just look like the noona....

3. [+492, -42] Why are you doing this to me in this early morning?...

4. [+136, -13] Heol... I'm a total Song Joong Ki fan but there is that age that needs to be considered... And also, Song Hye Kyo still needs to stay out of the limelight for quite a while... This feels dismal already

5. [+127, -13] It's not 'Descended from Tax Evasion'?

6. [+130, -22] I was anticipating this because of Song Joong Ki but why is the female lead Song Tax Evasion?

7. [+89, -10] He needs to pick his post-army drama wisely or else it will end up a failure just like Hyun Bin's

8. [+61, -10] Even Jang Geun Seok left a cable show 'Three Meals A Day' ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ But look at KBS, a public broadcast doing this

9. [+56, -13] She always gets into scandals or in a relationship with her male leads... Please don't include Song Joong Ki too

10. [+59, -17] This is a failure already

@jinjjapurryI know what you mean. I know that tax evasion is some serious crime and should not be taken lightly but sometimes I do wonder why people's comments have to be so harsh. I don't think it is just in korea but it also happens all over the world where people tend to post comments so harshly at public figures on whim or sometimes in such an off handed way. I guess it comes with the territory of being a celebrity. 
Anyway I do understand why Knetz feel so strongly about this whole issue, I just hope it does not affect too much negatively on the show or Song Joongki's comeback. For SHK, I like her. I hope she did pay her taxes right (if she did not do the tax evasion deed, or did pay it correctly now...

• Like 1

I don't mind the Song-Song couple, but I hope her tax evasion issue doesn't reflect negatively on the drama. I know to us they are celebrities and we think they should be given, but I guess to an ordinary Korean it's really hurtful to see a celebrity evading tax when they earn so much money. I don't believe she did it on purpose but I hope it gets forgiven and that Song Joong Ki does well.

Just want to say that particular sites love to post only negative comments...to have something to talk...i say they don't have better things to do. I have read quite a lot of comments at Korean sites, they rather can't wait for the drama ....negative comments are merely few of them.

Kyo had paid for her taxes for 3 years ago when discovered about this,  she has already paid and apologied for this mistake...

Thanks for the thread and can't wait for this Oct to come :D

• Like 2

I love noona - dongsaeng romance ... So I don't care if Hye Kyo is already a noona ... well it's a trend nowadays... and their both good looking and they are both good in acting so I don't see the problem with this pairing... The only problem they will face if the story is not good... We better pray that writer-nim has a better storyline for this drama...

Guest jinjjapurry

@czakhareina @utkim maybe that's the price they pay for the fame.. but that's just not right for k-nets to bashing the confirmed casts. is not like she did something horrible like killing people...not only SHK, SJK also got negative comments on koala blog.. talking he doesn't got enough hallyu power, his acting is still "premature" and so on. k-nets always make a love-hate relationship when a new drama out. let's pray and hope this drama will be widely accept by international audience.. and since this is 100% pre-production they surely will fully-prepared to give their best to execute the whole plot.

Guest flanrabin

even i don't like noona-dongsaeng romance, this will be anticipated drama that i should watch.. yaayy.. SJK is back... \:D/

@jinjjapurryhahaha I used to love Koalas blog as much as i love DB. but the war of words/bashing in koalas comments is getting worse. I dont think its koalas fault. but i think inner fangirls bring out the claws when people feel their idol is being slighted by some minor comment by either koala of some commentors....
I have a lot to say, but I ended up not posting it here.. it would be such a drag to counter argue naysayers... and bringing in such negativity in the thread... ^___^ So yup, no comment to naysayers...
ultimately, all I will say now is: I know Song JoongKi and Song Hye Kyo will prove the naysayers that they are good actor and actress, respectively...

Guest jinjjapurry

czakhareina said: @jinjjapurryhahaha I used to love Koalas blog as much as i love DB. but the war of words/bashing in koalas comments is getting worse. I dont think its koalas fault. but i think inner fangirls bring out the claws when people feel their idol is being slighted by some minor comment by either koala of some commentors....
I have a lot to say, but I ended up not posting it here.. it would be such a drag to counter argue naysayers... and bringing in such negativity in the thread... ^___^ So yup, no comment to naysayers...
ultimately, all I will say now is: I know Song JoongKi and Song Hye Kyo will prove the naysayers that they are good actor and actress, respectively...

other than SJK I am actually super excited for Jin Goo. loved him in his previous drama Ad denuis Lee Tae Baek...
A little sad that he is 2nd lead but ultimately I am glad he is back to dramaland. just jjang!!!
last year he was busy with Movies, and all of the movies I loved.. even just end of last year he was still filming the movie Battle of Yeonpyeong with Lee hyunWoo... So happy that he is back to dramaland, first as cameo role in falling for innocence and now here...

@stargazer187 last year SHK found out not paid taxes for 3 years.. Netizens left and right automatically hate her and call her all bad names (Song Tax Evasion, etc). Her agency quickly released official statement, she also paid her taxes, and continued to promote her movie at that time while apologize to media n public (during My Brilliant Life). It's really hurtful if you're her fans, let alone she herself that experience this.

you can read more here:
http://entertainment.inquirer.net/150136/song-hye-kyo-expresses-deep-regret-over-tax-evasion
http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/18/song-hye-gyos-representation-releases-official-statement-regarding-tax-evasion/

Almost a year later, netizens still unforgiving to her and I've seen lots of bad comments..
Yeah, tax evasion is bad and a crime, but she already paid and apologize. Moreover tax evasion is financial crime that only damage someone/state financially, not violent crimes like murder/abuse.

DOTS will be aired in September/Oktober, we'll see ;)

Sooooooo excited about SJK's comeback project! He's been missing for too long.
My major concern is the writing ability of the writer. I haven't been overly impressed with 2 of the dramas she's done so far, thought Secret Garden is overrated and Heirs...urgh.
I have faith in SJK's choice of projects though, he seems to know how to pick the characters with some substance and decent writing so here's hoping...

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"Song Hye Kyo And Song Joong Ki Team Up For An Intense Love Story

BY Julie Jones | Apr 02, 2015 10:05 AM EDT 

Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki

Song Joong Ki has chosen his comeback drama. For his first role after completing his two-year mandatory military service, he will play the leader of a peacekeeping unit in an area endangered by military conflict. He has taken the role of Yoo Si Jin in the upcoming drama "Descendants of the Sun."

His co-star in that drama will be film and drama actress Song Hye Kyo. Song Hye Kyo will play Kang Mo Yeon, a doctor who works with the international charity organization Doctors Without Borders. The two characters will not hit it off from the start but working together in dangerous situations helps to bring them closer and eventually leads them to fall in love.

Falling in love is an experience that is often all the more intense when it happens in a hostile environment.

Song Joong Ki's military duties end on May 26.  And due to his pre-enlistment success the 29-year-old actor received many offers while still serving his military duty. His last drama role, before heading to the army in August 2013, was playing Kang Maru in "Nice Guy," also known as "The Innocent Man." He was praised for his work in the film "A Werewolf Boy."

"Descendants of the Sun " will also be a drama comeback for Song Hye Kyo. Her last small screen appearance was playing Oh Young, a blind heiress conned by Jo In Sung in the 2013 melodrama "That Winter The Wind Blows." She has appeared in several films since then. The 33-year-old actress had roles in the 2013 film "The Grandmaster" and the 2014 films "My Brilliant Life" and "The Crossing: Part 1." In 2015 she can be seen in "The Crossing: Part 2" and "The Queens."

Also cast in the drama are actor Jin Goo and actress Kim Ji Won. Jin Goo, who appeared in the film "The Battle for Yeonpyeong" and the drama "Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek" will play Officer Seo Dae Yeong.Kim Ji Won, who appeared in the dramas "The Heirs" and "Gap Dong," will play a surgeon.

Most of "Descendants of the Sun" will be filmed in foreign locations and the drama will be mostly produced before it begins airing in the latter half of 2015.

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo were probably attracted to the drama because of its successful head writer. Kim Eun Sook, who wrote the screenplays for "The Heirs," "A Gentleman's Dignity" and "Secret Garden," is writing the screenplay for "Descendants of the Sun." She will work on the screenplay with Kim Son Suk, who worked on "The Queen's Classroom."

The drama will be produced by Baruson Entertainment, which produced the films "The Good, The Bad and The Weird," "Mother" and "The Servant."

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80300/20150402/song-hye-kyo-and-song-joong-ki-team-up-for-an-intense-love-story.htm

Guest mary888

from beginning when i heard about this drama, i think it would be great if they casted Kim Woo Bin instead of Song Joong ki. Song hye Kyo needs a strong image of male lead to co-star with!!! My opinion :D well still look forward it

for fans of SJK, like me, here is a latest glimpse of Song joong ki

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 19.747200012207px; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 85); background: transparent;"Jo In Sung and Song Joong Ki Make Rare Appearance at Wedding for Kwang Soo’s SisterPosted on March 31, 2015 by ockoala

Being a variety regular on Running Man means Lee Kwang Soo meets a lot of famous Korean entertainers that come through the popular show. He’s famous in his own right now but over the years he has made some even more famous besties in the acting industry, two of whom made it out to attend the wedding of Kwang Soo’s non-entertainer sister. A picture of the bride and groom posing with Kwang Soo and his famous buddies is generating buzz, most notably for a sighting of effortlessly gorgeous Jo In Sung, followed by a low-key cap wearing Song Joong Ki who took a military service vacation day off for the celebration. Many of Kwang Soo’s RM costars also attended but I had only eyes for Jo In Sung and Song Joong Ki since it’s been awhile since I’ve seen them out and about. Jo In Sung doesn’t have any acting products line up for this year yet but all eyes are trained on Song Joong Ki once he is discharged this May and heads straight to filming the Kim Eun Sook drama Descendants of the Sun.

aiyo1.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/03/31/jo-in-sung-and-song-joong-ki-make-rare-appearance-at-wedding-for-kwang-soos-sister/

• Like 1

Anyone curious how SJK will look like as commander Yoo Si Jin??
Look at this pictures album from SJK baidu
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2587575234#!/l/p1

not sure if it should be posted here because it relates to SJK's personal lives..

Anyway he looks good with uniform n he will look better in the drama... :> :>