Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

September 5, 2016

HOODLUM Goes into Production with SUL Kyung-gu and IM Si-wan
New Film Adds to Wave of Korean Prison Titles

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

bkDSGwnJqFYNIsTckFUP.png

Veteran actor SUL Kyung-gu and new star IM Si-wan are teaming up for Hoodlum, a new prison drama that went into production on August 18th. From director BYUN Sung-hyun, the film is the latest in a series of Korean prison-set features.

Watcha Wearin’ (2012) director BYUN will helm the story about a detective who goes undercover in a prison for revenge and gets close to a crime captain who lords over the establishment. SUL will play the mobster and will also soon be seen in the thrillers Lucid Dream and Memories of a Murderer. IM, a major pop star who has become a movie star through roles in The Attorney (2013) and A Melody to Remember (2016) and will soon release crime film One Line, will play the undercover detective.

Earlier this year, the smash hit of Lunar New Year A Violent Prosecutor, with HWANG Jung-min and GANG Dong-won, was largely set in a prison while production was completed in May on The Prison, another prison-set drama featuring dual male (one younger, one older) protagonists, this time HAN Suk-kyu and KIM Rae-won.

Prison dramas have been a potent force at the Korean box office in the past, including Jail Breakers (2002), Maundy Thursday (2006), Harmony (2010) and Miracle in Cell No. 7 (2013), not to mention PARK Chan-wook’s Sympathy For Lady Vengeance (2005), which is partly set in a prison.

• 3 weeks later...

*** Oh, saguek? Well, although not really dig historical genres but sooo happy to see Im Siwan back on the small screen. :P

Im Shi-wan, Yoon-ah headline new historical drama The King Loves

ImShiWan_Yoonah1.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/im-shi-wan-yoon-ah-headline-new-historical-drama-the-king-loves/

September 21, 2016

Siwan and Yoona confirmed for new drama

Yoona (Left) (Marie Claire), Siwan (Holl Haus)

Girls’ Generation member Yoona and ZE:A member Siwan have been confirmed in major roles in MBC’s new period drama “The King Loves.” 

According to NewsN, a representative at S.M. Entertainment disclosed that Yoona will star in the upcoming drama. Likewise, Star Empire Entertainment has also revealed that Siwan will take a lead role.

Siwan will reportedly be playing the role of the wise king, Wang Won, from the Goryeo Kingdom and Yoona will be playing the role of Wang San, woman famous for her alluring beauty. 

“The King Loves” is expected to begin filming in November after Yoona’s current drama “The K2” ends and will air in early 2017.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

September 22, 2016

Yoona and Siwan to star in ‘King’

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

21213420.jpg

Singers-turned-actors Siwan of ZE:A and Yoona of Girls’ Generation have been cast in the lead roles of MBC’s new romantic period drama, “A King Loves.”

An official from the production crew confirmed the casting choices and said filming will start as early as November. “The two of them are both currently busy completing other projects. They will join the production as soon as they are available,” the official said.

The drama is described as a historical romance tale that takes place during the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392) with themes of betrayal and revenge. It is based off of a novel written by author Kim I-ryeong. 

The show will also mark the ZE:A member’s return to TV after his appearance in tvN drama “Misaeng” in 2014. He recently completed filming for the 2016 crime film “One Line,” and jumped into his next role for the upcoming movie “Robber” (working title).

Yoona is no stranger to the historical genre as she recently completed her role as the female lead in the Chinese period drama “God of War: Zhao Zi Long” (2016). She is currently wrapping up filming the tvN action drama “The K2.” The first episode airs on Friday.

By Chung Jin-hong

Im Siwan And INFINITE’s L Fight For Chae Soo Bin’s Heart In Web Drama

A love triangle between Im Siwan, INFINITE’s L (Kim Myung Soo), and Chae Soo Bin is expected to begin on the Chinese web drama “My Cat Man.”

On September 23, “My Cat Man” revealed stills of the three actors in their respective roles.

Im SiwanIm Siwan My Cat Man

chae soo bin lINFINITE L

In one photo, Im Siwan looks steadily at Chae Soo Bin and cradles her face with a serious expression in another. Meanwhile, L puts a hand firmly on Chae Soo Bin’s shoulder while she appears to be pleading or arguing with him.

“My Cat Man” wrapped up filming this past July and will be broadcasting on China’s Tencent near the end of the year.

Source (1) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

*** Congratulations to Im Siwan & the cast for winning the Content Award (Drama) for "Misaeng" -Talking about this drama, I heard that they're planning to do another season for this series. CJ E&M has already acquired the rights. All the original actors are interested to appear again. In case this happens it's good because the original actors have good teamwork. I'm not really into part 2/sequels but hearing this I'm excited. I loved this drama although there was no loveline here - I'm a rom-com genre sucker but, I learned to appreciate this drama. It inspired me watching this because of the working environment that I can see from this series where I'm currently in as well.  Daebak! I missed them together again. The reason why I don't dig part 2/sequels because for me nothing could surpass the original - so, in case I hope this 2nd season will be good.  Good luck! :P

• 1 month later...

13 Of The Most Successful K-Pop Idol Actors

Hallyu has loads of talent and you can find those talented people dancing under the spotlight, singing to thousands, or starring alongside world famous stars. Many of those individual began in the music business as Hallyu idols: singing and dancing talents in the K-pop business. Idols tend to get bad raps as actors, but here are thirteen of those very idols who successfully broke into the world of the small and silver screens.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Im Siwan

Im Siwan delved into acting pretty much at the start of his music career with ZE:A. This quietly talented young man slowly rose through the ranks as his experience grew until he starred in the film “The Attorney” in 2013 and drama hit “Incomplete Life” in 2014. It was these two projects that brought him into the limelight and proved his acting mettle.

credit : soompi news

Star Empire Entertainment Denies Reports Of Im Siwan Leaving Agency After Contract Expires

Im Siwan

Im Siwan will soon be making a decision whether or not to continue with his current agency, Star Empire Entertainment.

A Star Empire source stated on November 28, “Im Siwan’s exclusive contract ends in January. He has not yet decided whether he will extend his contract with us or not. Reports that he has decided to become a free agent are false. We are currently still in talks.”

Previously, one media outlet had reported that Im Siwan was searching for a new agency ahead of his contract’s expiry date. Fans of ZE:A, the idol group in which Im Siwan debuted, are also eager to know whether the group will continue or if the members will depart to different agencies.

Im Siwan debuted with ZE:A in 2010 and has worked as both a singer and actor ever since, with a focus on the latter in recent years. He has appeared in hits like the tvN drama “Incomplete Life (Misaeng)” and the film “The Attorney.”

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

November 28, 2016

Yim Si-wan in talks over contract extension: agency

(Star Empire)

Star Empire, singer and actor Yim Si-wan’s agency, told local media Monday that it is in talks with Yim over the extension of his contract, set to expire in January 2017. 

“Nothing is concrete about the term extension,” said a source from Star Empire. “We have been in talks with Yim. Time is not ripe to say that he is open to signing a new term with another agency.”

The report came after rumors Yim is seeking a new agency that will support his career as a full-time actor. 

Yim’s possible departure is likely to bode ill for the boy band he belongs to, Ze:A, which has been in hiatus for 2 1/2 years as a full nine-member idol group. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

Korean Gay Men Rank The Hottest Male Idols of 2016

K-Pop idols are known for being extremely handsome, and there’s no denying that both men and women go crazy over their looks!

Korea’s gay community loves K-Pop idols just as much as anyone else. Here’s how Korea’s Gay Community ranked the top idols of 2016!

Before you read, take a quick guess at who you think may be on the list!

9. ZE:A‘s Siwan

Screen-Shot-2015-02-09-at-5.32.06-PM-e1423532176740.png

Many are envious of Siwan’s beautiful, well-defined features

source : koreaboo

• 2 weeks later...

Hong Jong Hyun And Park Hwan Hee In Talks To Join Historical Drama With Im Siwan And YoonA

IM SIWAN YOONA HONG JONG HYUN PARK HWAN HEE

Two new additions might possibly be added to the cast of upcoming MBC drama “The King Loves” (tentative title).

While lead actors Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and ZE:A’s Im Siwan were previously announced, reports have stated that Hong Jong Hyun and Park Hwan Hee are currently considering joining the cast.

If he decides to join, “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” actor Hong Jong Hyun will be returning to the historical genre as Rin for the drama. Rin is the childhood friend and confidante of Im Siwan’s Won, a young and powerful king of the Goryeo dynasty. The relationship between the two will be tested when they both fall in love with YoonA’s character San, the beautiful daughter of an elite family.

Actress Park Hwan Hee, most recently noted for her roles in “Descendants Of The Sun” and “Don’t Dare To Dream,” is currently considering the role of Dan, the second female lead, who will no doubt further complicate the love triangle.

Production on “The King Loves” will begin this month, and the drama is slated for release in the first half of 2017.

Are you looking forward to this upcoming drama?

Source (1)(2) / soompi news

*** Seriously, can’t wait for Im Shi-wan’s comeback on the small screen. Hopefully this will be better produced....  fingers crossed.  I am rooting for Im Siwan to have a successful show. I believe he's an excellent actor for his young age. But I do think he needs a good partner who probably has sageuk experience. Although Siwan has an experience in sageuk in Moon Embracing the Sun.  Even if it was short, it’s still a sageuk. Good luck! :P

Hong Jong-hyun up to rival Im Shi-wan in The King Loves

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/hong-jong-hyun-up-to-rival-im-shi-wan-in-the-king-loves/

• 2 weeks later...

December 22, 2016

SUL Kyung-gu & IM Si-wan Wrap HOODLUM
Prison Thriller Completes 4 Month Shoot

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

WIeooQCXEHLsDYUPxqpF.png  

Incoming prison thriller Hoodlum (literal title) completed its four months production on December 10th. Financed by both CJ Entertainment and Barunson Media, the film stars veteran actor SUL Kyung-gu and newcomer IM Si-wan and marks the third directorial effort of BYUN Sung-hyun.

SUL plays Jae-ho, an inmate who sets the rules in a prison while IM co-stars as Hyeon-su, a young hooligan who arrives in prison but refuses to comply with the natural order.

Last year, SUL starred opposite another new face in the Korean War action-comedy The Long Way Home (2015) with YEO Jin-gu and the actor will next be seen in the thrillers Lucid Dream and Memories of a Murderer.

Member of the popular K-pop band ZE:A, IM made his big screen debut as a supporting actor in the smash hit drama The Attorney (2013) with SONG Kang-ho and was seen opposite KO Asung in the Korean War drama A Melody to Remember.

Joining the leads in the cast are Collective Invention (2015) actor KIM Hee-won, JEON Hye-jin of The Throne (2015) and Inside Men (2015) villain LEE Gyoung-young. Director BYUN’s previous films include the indie The Beat Goes On (2012) and the romantic comedy Whatcha Wearin’ (2012). 

CJ Entertainment will release the film next year.

• 2 weeks later...

News bites: January 7, 2017

by awcoconuts | Dramabeans.com

kl1.jpg

The cast of The King Loves held their first script read, and co-stars Hong Jong-hyun, Yoon-ah, and Im Shi-wan posed cutely for the camera. Each cast member began by speaking briefly of their hopes for the drama, and Jung Bo-seok drew laughs by acknowledging his physical resemblance to Im. Jung said, “After looking at Shi-wan who’s playing my son, I finally understand why I was cast. I hope we are able to create a set environment as fun as the script and a really great drama.” Lee Ki-young, who plays Yoon-ah’s dad, followed Jung’s comment with, “I get now why I was cast, too.” The show will be pre-produced and will air on MBC later this year. [Sports Chosun]

Which idol was voted the #1 'Idol-turned-actor/actress to look forward to'?

Moon-Hee-Jun,Sungjae,Suzy,Eric,Siwan

Online research platform 'PMI' recently carried out a poll with 2,000 males and females from their 20s-50s, to find out which idol, in the public's eye, is the 'Idol-turned-actor/actress to look forward to' the most in the coming years. 

If you were asked this poll question, which acting-idol would you choose? Voted in 1st place with 14.3% of the votes was none other than BTOB's Sungjae, whose acting in trending tvN drama 'Goblin' has been the buzz of netizens for the past few episodes. Sungjae also received 23.6% of the votes from poll takers in their 20s, while ZE:A's Siwan received more votes from poll takers in their 30s, at 10.9%. Siwan took 2nd place overall with 8.5% of the total votes. 

In 3rd place, idol-turned-actress Girl's Day's Hyeri shined with 7.7% of the votes, while miss A's Suzy earned 4th place with 6.8%, and Shinhwa's Eric landed at 5th with 6.1%. 

Do you agree with the results?

source : allkpop

• 3 weeks later...

***  Im Siwan was previously reported to have signed with BH Entertainment and KeyEast Entertainment respectively, but both reports were revealed to be false. Reports about his exclusive contract with KE especially are not true. As far as I know he has been looking into new agencies since the expiration of his contract with his former Label.  I'm sure a lot of agencies would love to have Im Siwan.   :lol:

Im Si Wan Hides His Royal Identity In First Still Cuts For “The King Loves”

Im-Siwan.png

MBC’s upcoming drama “The King Loves” has released the first still cuts of Im Siwan’s character!

“The King Loves” is a traditional drama set during the Goryeo period and contains elements of melodrama as it unveils a love triangle between Im Siwan, Im YoonA, and Hong Jong Hyun. The 100 percent pre-produced drama also stars Oh Min Seok, Jung Bo Suk, Jang Young Nam, and Kim Ho Jin.

The first stills show Im Siwan hiding his identity as the king by dressing in civilian clothes, while the second still shows his character dressed in his royal robes.

Ustory, the production team for the drama, stated, “Ever since Im Siwan was decided to join the cast, he has been devoting his time to studying his character as well as sharing stories with the production team. He has also been receiving praise from the crew for his ability to stay focused in every moment as well as for his charismatic expressions. Im Siwan, Im YoonA, Hong Jong Hyun, and the rest of the cast are currently working hard during filming.”

Meanwhile, “The King Loves” is set to air sometime in 2017 through MBC.

Are you excited for Im Siwan’s upcoming drama?

Source (1) / soompi news

***ISW looks beautiful just like LJK.....:lol:

'The King Loves' drops first still cuts of Prince Siwan

Siwan_1486605999_af_org.jpg

Upcoming MBC historical drama 'The King Loves' has dropped first still cuts of Prince Wang Won, played by ZE:A's Siwan!

'The King Loves' is a romance historical drama starring Siwan, Girls' Generation's YoonA, Hong Jong Hyun, Oh Min Suk, and more. It will be 100% pre-filmed before being broadcast through MBC later this year. 

The drama tells the story of a prince with gentle, beautiful features on the outside, and a heart full of ambition and the desire to conquer on the inside. He shares a close relationship with a royal relative and friend Rin (played by Hong Jong Hyun), but their friendship shatters when they meet a woman named San (played by YoonA).

Does the storyline sound interesting so far?

Siwan_1486605909_090110000029_99_20170209102711.jpg

source : allkpop

*** Finally........Siwan is back on my small screen! I really like him in “Misaeng” in which he gave a wonderful performance as an office worker. I will watch this for him. I am so excited to have Siwan back. I’ve been waiting for his comeback for ages! Fingers crossed that it’s good! Wahhh........ that’s a pretty boy there, he looks super good with that hairstyle! NICE. This dude is prettier than girls – hahaha. Love his face, very cute. He’s blessed with beautiful complexion. ISW is just not pretty face, he can act. And this sounds like a really interesting role for Im Siwan! This ought to be fun since he’ll play a bad guy here. That’s what I love about sageuk the main lead is not always the nice one. Can’t wait!:lol:

Im Shi-wan as a young prince for MBC’s The King Loves

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/im-shi-wan-as-a-young-prince-for-mbcs-the-king-loves/

On 2/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, stuartjmz said:

Has there been any word on the release date or premiere date for his movie One Line? 

Not quite the release date, yet. This news could mean it'll be released sometime later this year. Hopefully.

February 13, 2017

Contents Panda Lines Up ONE-LINE at EFM
Heist Thriller Open for Business in Berlin

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

UhvfqJesBhLfKFbKqIgr.png

Contents Panda is kicking off the film market calendar by introducing their new heist action film One-Line (working title) at the European Film Market. The debut film by YANG Kyung-mo features IM Si-wan (The Attorney, 2013), of K-pop group ZE:A, playing alongside JIN Goo (Northern Limit Line, 2015), LEE Dong-hwi (The Beauty Inside, 2015) and PARK Byung-eun (Assassination, 2015). 

One-Line focuses on a college student who enters a life of crime when he meets a real estate con man. But over time, friction between the two compels the younger confidence man to break off and form his own operation as he gradually gets in over his head. Contents Panda introduced the film to buyers in Berlin during a private market screening and plans to release the film in Korea at some point in the second quarter of 2017.

Among the other Contents Panda films that are getting market screenings in Berlin are HAN Jae-rim’s hit prosecutor drama The King, the YEON Sang-ho produced animation The Senior Class and the indie The Artist: Reborn, from debut director KIM Kyoung-won. The King drew over five million viewers around the Lunar New Year holiday period this year and stars ZO In-sung (A Dirty Carnival, 2006) and JUNG Woo-sung (Asura : The City of Madness, 2016). From YEON Sang-ho’s animation production company Studio Dadashow, the erotically-themed The Senior Class is directed by HONG Deok-pyo, who also helmed the Studio Dadashow TV series Master and Man. Starring RYU Hyun-kyung (Office, 2015) and PARK Jung-min (DONGJU; The Portrait of A Poet, 2016), The Artist: Reborn debuted at the Jeonju International Film Festival last year.

Also in the current Contents Panda lineup are the ensemble drama-comedy BECAUSE I LOVE YOU with CHA Tae-hyun, which opened in Korea early in January, and upcoming titles such as the mystery-thriller The Mimic from Hide and Seek (2013) director HUH Jung, and JUNG Byung-gil’s KIM Ok-vin (Thirst, 2009) led action-thriller The Villainess (working title), which follows his 2012 debut Confession of Murder.