Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

August 17, 2015

Si Wan and Jung Eun-ji's couple photo shoot

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

photo625086.jpg

Metro outdoor brand M Limit revealed it 2015 F/W Collection with Jung Eun-ji and Si Wan.

Two years with M Limit now, the two fashioned an 'all around look'.

M Limit released a line of designs under the concept BASIC INSTINCT but stuck to the natural functions of the brand.

The point of this season's collection is the enforced hybrid product which focuses on practicality as well as various mix-and-match styles. It's useful for traveling, camping, running and other various outdoor activities and is practical for every season.

Thermokeeping, permeability and activity has been enhanced and the colors come in black, navy, grey and other monotones. The graphic designs and various details are applied by humor.

Meanwhile, the F/W Collection modeled by Jung Eun-ji and Si Wan can be seen at the end of August.

photo625085.jpg

photo625084.jpg

photo625083.jpg

• Like 1

August 17, 2015

Si Wan and Jung Eun-ji's couple photo shoot

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

Metro outdoor brand M Limit revealed it 2015 F/W Collection with Jung Eun-ji and Si Wan.

Two years with M Limit now, the two fashioned an 'all around look'.

M Limit released a line of designs under the concept BASIC INSTINCT but stuck to the natural functions of the brand.

The point of this season's collection is the enforced hybrid product which focuses on practicality as well as various mix-and-match styles. It's useful for traveling, camping, running and other various outdoor activities and is practical for every season.

Thermokeeping, permeability and activity has been enhanced and the colors come in black, navy, grey and other monotones. The graphic designs and various details are applied by humor.

Meanwhile, the F/W Collection modeled by Jung Eun-ji and Si Wan can be seen at the end of August.

rubie, thanks for sharing this. NICE their trendy beanies....

• Like 1

Si Wan's role in 'Incomplete Life' was rejected by Lee Jong-suk, Ji Chang-wook and Lee Je-hoon

photo627810.jpg

A behind-the-scenes story regarding the casting for "Incomplete Life" has been revealed.

August 26th's episode of SBS' 'Night of Entertainment' discussed and revealed facts about casting.

The leader of the casting team of CJ E&M, Yang Seong-min, said "There's rarely a case in which our first candidate actor during casting is actually cast".

Kim Woo-bin's role, Choi Yeong-do, in SBS' "The Heirs" was first offered to Jeong Yong-hwa. Suzy's role, Seo-yeon, was first offered to Seohyun of Girls' Generation. Jang Geu-rae of "Incomplete Life" was first offered to Lee Je-hoon.

Yang Seong-min continued on; "for example, Lee Jong-suk, and Ji Chang-wook as well as Lee Je-hoon were also offered the role. Our perspective is that every role has its own actor. It's fate".

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... 

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

August 27, 2015

Actor Oh Min Seok Shares A Photo Taken With ZE:A's Im Siwan

By Jackie Chung | KpopStarz

oh-min-seok-im-siwan.jpg?w=600

Actor Oh Min Seok revealed a picture with ZE:A member and actor Im Siwan.

"Siwan that I ran into coincidentally for the first time in a while~ I was so happy to see you. I miss you all 'Misaeng' family," posted Oh on his Instagram on Wednesday along with a picture.

In the picture, Oh and Im are posing for the camera together- showing off their good looks.

The two had appeared in the tvN drama "Misaeng" together last year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

September 11, 2015

Korean office show wins world drama award

Untitled-1-450%2860%29.jpg

TV series Misaeng a Korean office drama depicting an inept former baduk player's breakthrough as a company man, has achieved global recognition.

The tvN series -- also known as "Incomplete Life" -- won the Mini-Series category at the 10th Seoul International Drama Awards 2015 at Sangam Digital Media City Thursday.

Program director Kim Won-suk said it was an honor to win the award against renowned foreign productions. He thanked the program's staff who had helped transform a comic book into a TV series.

"Misaeng" was critically acclaimed for its realistic depiction of Korean company life. It aired from October to December 2014.

x

• 3 weeks later...

School-aged Pictures of Popular Hallyu K-actors Show the Before and After

For years I’ve been seeing these types of pre-star pictures floating around here and there, and finally decided to collect as many as I can into one post. Half of it is for my own viewing lulz and the other half is to share since so many folks like one or more of these K-actors. This collection of school-aged pictures of past, present, and future Hallyu stars convince me that styling is a big reason why guys went from not to hot, that and also losing weight and/or plastic surgery.

(skipped unrelated.....)

wins8.jpg

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2015/10/04/school-aged-pictures-of-popular-hallyu-k-actors-show-the-before-and-after/

*** I honestly can’t picture Siwan as a criminal but, I think he can make a good villain if he wants to. I guess I will love to see him in this type of role. He’s a talented actor. So, it would be nice to see him branch out more…I would definitely check it out if Siwan decides to do this movie. I’m optimistic that Siwan will do well in the role. :P

Crime Movie One Line : Lee Jong Seok Out; Im Shi Wan In?

ImShiWan17.jpg

LINK to read here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/10/crime-movie-one-line-lee-jong-seok-out-im-shi-wan-in/

15 times idols proved they can act

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=7&v=YXW14LTJ7BU

source : allkpop

ZE:A's Siwan and actress Go Ah Sung share their thoughts on the wrapping up of movie filming

Siwan-go-ah-sung_1444231748_af_org.jpg

'Thinking of Elder Brother,' featuring ZE:A's Siwan and Go Ah Sung, wrapped up filming this past September 26 after a near four-month span, shooting the final scenes in a remote area of Samcheok.

Siwan, who had transformed into a solider thrown into the midst of the Korean War, stated his thoughts on the ending of the filming, relaying, "Including the preparatory period, I've spent nearly six months on this movie, and already, it's the last day [of filming]. I don't feel like it's the end or that it is over. 'Thinking of Elder Brother' is a heartwarming movie. I hope that there will be more people who will share that that heartwarming feeling through watching the movie." 

Go Ah Sung, who played the role of overseeing a children's choir, also relayed her thoughts with, "I've spent such a happy time filming for this project since May, and I really want to have the audience watch it soon. It was a special experience getting to work with the children, and personally, it was my second tie working with Director Lee Han. I was really glad that I got to work with him again." 

Meanwhile, 'Thinking of Elder Brother' is a movie about a children's choir that existed during the Korean War, and revolves around the motif a singing a small song of hope even in the face of loss. It will be premiering next year around New Year's so keep your eyes for it! 

source : allkpop

Im Siwan and Go Ah Sung wrap up filming for ‘Thinking of Elder Brother’

Im Siwan
Im Siwan
Im Siwan
Im Siwan, Go Ah Sung
Go Ah Sung

Upcoming South Korean film ‘Thinking of Elder Brother’ (director: Lee Han) which is headlined by Im Siwan and Go Ah Sung, has wrapped up filming late last month.

The last scene to be filmed was on September 26th at Deoksan Port in Samcheok, which concluded the four months long filming, after beginning on May 18th at Aqua Studio in Goyang.

The last scene involved Im Siwan who plays the role of Second Lieutenant Han Sang Yeol who carries emotional scars in the film, and Galgori (Lee Hee Joon) who threatens him and the children. Everyone involved with the film were no doubt delighted at this moment where all filming was completed, but they also couldn’t bear to part with each other having built a bond over the months.

Im Siwan said, “Including the months of preparation work, I have worked for 6 months on the film. Unknowingly, this day (final) has arrived, having walked hand-in-hand with it for the past few months. This isn’t really the end, and I still don’t have the feeling that it has really ended. I spent half of the year filming this, and it’s a really heart-warming film. I hope to share warmth through this film with everyone, and bring transformation at the same time,” as he showed his love for the film.

Go Ah Sung who plays the role of Park Joo Mi who takes care of the children from the choir, said, “I have been filming for quite some time since May, and I really had a great time. I hope that viewers will get to see it soon. It was a very special experience spending time with the children. It’s my second time working with director Lee Han, and I feel really happy,” as she expressed her thoughts on filming.

‘Thinking of Elder Brother’ tells of a heart-warming story of an actual children choir group who have lost everything during the on-going Korean War, and how they pick themselves up with the help of Second Lieutenant Han Sang Yeol. The film is scheduled to open in February 2016.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

8th Korea Drama Awards 2015 Nominees

photo641834.jpg

8th Korea Drama Awards 2015 nominees list.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Best Drama

"Producers"
"Yong Pal"
"Incomplete Life"
"Kill Me, Heal Me"
"Heard It Through the Grapevine"

Top Excellence Award, Actor

"The Girl Who Sees Smells" - Park Yoo-chun
"Bad Guys" - Park Hae-jin
"Pinocchio" - Lee Jong-suk
"Incomplete Life" - Si Wan
"Heard It Through the Grapevine" - Yoo Joon-sang

Source : movie.naver.com/movie...

Translation : Hancinema

12 Stunning looks from the Korea Drama Awards Red Carpet

The 8th annual Korea Drama Awards occurred on October 8 in Jinju, Korea. This awards ceremony, which honors the best in Korean dramas across all broadcasting networks, featured a red carpet that was overflowing with well-dressed and talented actors and actresses. From Kim Soo Hyun to Kim Tae Hee and Lee Jong Suk to Sooyoung of Girls' Generation, the star power was truly out in full force!

Here are 12 head-turning looks from the event that you can't miss!

(skipped unrelated.....)

11. Im Si Wan

70571070-5244-42a2-8b34-326b354efe50.jpg58c273d5-68b6-4175-a7f6-6f68ba2e7da4.jpg

source : dramafever

October 18, 2015

ZE:A’s Lim Si-wan confirms role in crime-action flick

Actor and idol singer Lim Si-wan of ZE:A has confirmed his role in a new crime-action film titled “One Line.”

Lim’s agency, Star Empire, said on Sunday that Lim mulled over the offer for a while and has decided to play the leading character in the move.

The upcoming film is based on a large-scale insurance fraud, according to the agency. 

The production company will reportedly begin shooting will begin in December once it finishes casting smaller roles. 

Lim started his career as a K-pop singer in 2010 and is one of the most wanted actors in Korean films and dramas at present. 

He entered the small screen in 2012 by playing MBC’s “The Moon Embracing the Sun,” and rose to stardom in the mega-hit film “The Attorney” in 2013.

By Suk Gee-hyun (monicasuk@heraldcorp.com)

October 19, 2015

Actor Yim Si-wan to star in film

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

The next project for singer-actor Yim Si-wan is a film tentatively titled “One Line.” 

OSEN, an online entertainment news agency, reported on Sunday that the 27-year-old actor recently signed a contract to appear in the film. 

The film will be about insurance fraud, and Yim’s character takes the lead in the scheme. 

The production team for the film is reportedly casting supporting actors and it will begin shooting in December. 

Yim debuted in the music scene in 2010 as a member of the boy band ZE:A, but he failed to rise to fame in the beginning of his career. But as he began acting, he started to make a name for himself. Of all the TV dramas and films he has appeared in, the drama series “Misaeng,” an office drama that centers on jungle-like company politics in Korea, has been the biggest hit.

In the series, Yim played the role of Jang Geu-rae, an average Joe who landed a job at a trading company as a temporary worker.

After the drama series, Yim reportedly signed endorsement deals which are estimated to be worth about 2 billion won ($1.8 million). 

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG

*** Oh, is ‘One Line.’ still the tentative title? Can't wait to hear/read more news about his upcoming movie. :P I'm happy that I could get to see his face again on the screen. (big screen at that-) I hope after taking 2-movies in a row he'll come back to do another drama next. :P 

Hallyu Representatives for 20 Years of K-Pop, K-Drama, and More Selected by Experts and the Public

The Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA), which is under the South Korean government’s Minsitry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, announced its list of Hallyu representatives that have led it for its 20 years in various areas of Korean content, such as music, television, stage productions, games, and webtoons. It surveyed 10 experts and 1000 members of the public.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Webtoon

“Misaeng,” “Noblesse,” “The Sound of Heart,” “With God,” and “Hello, Schoolgirl”

Source (1) (2)/ soompi news

‘Misaeng’ wins special award at ‘Tokyo Drama Award 2015’

misaeng-poster-1-696x481.jpgMisaeng

Drama ‘Misaeng’ has won a special award at the ‘Tokyo Drama Award 2015.’

‘Misaeng’ which was shown on tvN last year, managed to win a special award for a foreign drama at the awards ceremony held on October 21st at the Tokyo Prince Hotel.

The drama gained immense popularity among white-collar workers in their twenties and thirties, largely because its realism resonated with their experiences. It was easy for young people of this generation to identity with main character Jang Geu Rae (Im Siwan), who learned how to navigate and adapt to corporate culture from scratch.

Writer Jung Yoon Jung said on October 22nd, “Although we speak different languages and have a different culture, the drama’s theme was something that everyone could resonate with regardless of where they may be. This was the power of drama, and I could feel the passion, the emotions, and the value of producing a drama.”

‘Misaeng’ had earlier already won a slew of awards from various award ceremonies like the ‘8th Korea Drama Awards,’ ’10th Seoul International Drama Awards,’ and others.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

“Incomplete Life” Webtoon to Return With Season 2

“Incomplete Life” Webtoon to Return With Season 2

Fans of the webtoon “Incomplete Life,” rejoice: season two has just been announced!

More popularly known simply by its Korean name “Misaeng,” season two of the webtoon is set to deal with the main characters’ independence, marriage, and social lives, and all the problems that come along with them. Season two was announced on October 26 via Daum Webtoon and Kakao.

A representative from Daum Webtoon stated, “We will strive to ensure readers have even more enjoyment with great works and various events in the future.” For the release of season two of “Incomplete Life,” Daum Webtoon is working hand-in-hand with Kakao for special events for its premium Plus Friends users, such as special emoticons and Kakao Cash prizes.

misaeng incomplete life

Meanwhile, the webtoon was adapted into a wildly popular drama in 2014, with viewer ratings capping out at 10.3 percent. At the time, following the conclusion of season one, the possibility for a season two had been discussed, and remains open.

Source (1) / soompi news