Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

October 19, 2015

THINKING OF MY OLDER BROTHER featuring IM Si-wan and KO Asung Completed Shooting
To Be Released in the Lunar New Year's Day Season, 2016

by HA Sung-tae / KoBiz

fbioNvwngCLsBdtjeiBE.png 

Thinking of My Older Brother (translated title) featuring IM Si-wan and KO Asung (to be distributed by Next Entertainment World (N.E.W.), produced by Joy Rabbit) has completed shooting and is now ready for post production.

Thinking of My Older Brother is LEE Han’s newest film who directed Punch and Thread of Lies that also featured KO Asung. Based on the true story of a children’s choir during the Korean War, this film features a miracle created by one little song, in the midst of the war time where everything is lost. 

The first shooting took place on May 18th, and the shooting crew went around the country including the cities of Gyeongju, Chungju, and Samcheok in Gyeongsang, Chungcheong, and Gangwon Provinces for the following 4 months. The 64th shooting, which was the last one, ended with Lieutenant HAN Sang-ryeol who has been traumatized by the war (played by IM) and The Claw (played by LEE Hui-joon) in a duel, the latter viciously intimidating children. IM shows the ways in which Lieutenant overcomes the war time trauma through the interaction with the children's choir, revealing his warm and manly inner self. 

It is the first main character played by IM who has previously played in The Attorney. "Including the preparation, I spent the last 6 months with this film," said IM, "I don't exactly feel that it is over yet. Thinking of My Older Brother is a very warm movie. I hope a lot of people can share warm feelings through this film."

KO Asung has recently played in Office and a TV drama I heard it from the rumor, and now taken the role of PARK Ju-mi in Thinking of My Older Brother. "I have been very happy working on this film since May, and I can't wait to meet the audience," said KO, "it was such a special experience to work with the little children and I am very happy to be working again with LEE Han."

In addition, LEE Hui-joon and LEE Joon-hyeok are also recruited in Thinking of My Older Brother. 

Thinking of My Older Brother is invested and distributed by N.E.W. which has co-built a company Huace & N.E.W with Chinese Huace Media group. Thinking of My Older Brother is to be released in the Lunar New Year's Day season in 2016 and it is interesting to see how appealing to the audience this war based true story is.

• 2 weeks later...

Entertainment insiders pick the ten top actor-dols

Entertainment insiders have chosen the top actor-dols in both male and female categories.

Insiders chose five actor-dols in both categories to decide which idols have been performing well as actors and actresses as well. With more and more talent joining the industry, it seems that the trend continues for idols to keep expanding in other fields of the industry.

The results of this selection confirm which stars have been most successful in straddling both their idol and actor/actress roles. Check out the results here:

guys rank

In the male category, ZE:A’s Im Siwan led first with BTOB’s Yook Sungjae, EXO’s D.O., ZE:A’s Park Hyungsik, and Super Junior’s Siwon behind.

guys 1

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

Edited by willenette
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

November 23, 2015

Idol shows the how-tos of online insurance subscription

Idol shows the how-tos of online insurance subscription

Lim Si-wan (seated), a member of boy group ZE:A and an actor, demonstrates how to subscribe to an insurance package online with the help of top financial regulator Yim Jong-yong in Seoul on Nov. 23, 2015. An online "insurance supermarket" will open on Nov. 30 to allow consumers to compare products and prices and subscribe. A total of 207 insurance products will be available, ranging from auto to life. Lim, the star of 2014's breakout office drama "Misaeng," is the spokesperson for what is known as "fintech," which combines finance with technology. (Yonhap) (END)

• Like 1

Media experts vote on the Best of Television: Drama, Variety Program, MC

MBC, KBS2, SBS, tvN

With the end of the year nearing, media portal Asia Today has gathered 100 broadcasting personnel including those who work in  film, drama, entertainment, and music to vote on the best of the best on television.

Those included in the votes included television work from the past 10 years from 2005 to 2015 such as the best television drama, the best entertainment program, and the best entertainer.

There were quite a few ties with 1 Night 2 Days and The Genius coming in 3rd place for ‘Best Entertainment Program’ and Kim Gu Ra and Jung Hyung Don coming in 4th as ‘Best Entertainer.’

Check out the list below. Do you agree?

Best Drama

#1 | tvN’s Misaeng (2014) – 25 votes

#2 | SBS’s You Who Came From The Stars (2013-14) – 19 votes

#3 | MBC’s My Name Is Kim Sam Soon (2005) – 14 votes

#4 | tvN’s Reply 1994 (2013) – 10 votes

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source: Asia Today / koreaboo

• Like 1

November 25, 2015

Yim Si-wan to give back on his birthday

(OSEN)

Singer and actor Yim Si-wan is to participate in community service on his birthday with his fans, he wrote on Twitter on Wednesday. 

“I am a bit embarrassed to tell you this but I have to tell you about what is going to happen on my birthday,” Yim wrote. “This year, I am planning on delivering some coal briquettes (for winter heating) to people in need. I have always received them but this time, I am giving back. Don’t hesitate to join me.”

Yim is said to spend his own money for the activity he came up with to celebrate his birthday on Dec. 1.

The 26-year-old, who debuted as a member of K-pop boy group ZE:A in 2010, also appeared on TV screen as an actor. He moved fans with his performances on TV dramas “Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)” and “Misaeng (2014).” 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

November 25, 2015

Yim Si-wan to give back on his birthday
(OSEN)

Singer and actor Yim Si-wan is to participate in community service on his birthday with his fans, he wrote on Twitter on Wednesday. 

“I am a bit embarrassed to tell you this but I have to tell you about what is going to happen on my birthday,” Yim wrote. “This year, I am planning on delivering some coal briquettes (for winter heating) to people in need. I have always received them but this time, I am giving back. Don’t hesitate to join me.”

Yim is said to spend his own money for the activity he came up with to celebrate his birthday on Dec. 1.

The 26-year-old, who debuted as a member of K-pop boy group ZE:A in 2010, also appeared on TV screen as an actor. He moved fans with his performances on TV dramas “Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)” and “Misaeng (2014).” 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

Thanks rubie for sharing this. This will be a NICE deed from him. Advance HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Im Siwan! It's always good that when you take you also give back. I hope more of his fans could join with him on his special day doing this volunteer work. This will be a meaningful event with his fans. And so cool that this will be funded using his own money. :P

November 25, 2015

Im Siwan to Celebrate His Birthday By Doing Volunteer Work With Fans

Source: Soompi by JiwonYu

Im Siwan to Celebrate His Birthday By Doing Volunteer Work With Fans

ZE:A‘s Im Siwan will be doing volunteer work with his fans instead of having a birthday party on his birthday.

On November 25, the star wrote on his Twitter, “This is embarrassing but I want to address something regarding my birthday. Thank you all for congratulating me every year.”

Im Siwan continued, “I’ve always received but never given, so I want to give back and do volunteer work delivering coal with you all. Please don’t hesitate and call!” and gave the phone number to the related volunteer center.

His birthday will be on December 1, and he will be participating in a meaningful event with his fans. This event will be funded using his own money.

Source (1)

November 25, 2015

Si Wan volunteers to deliver coal for his birthday

Source: Sports Donga via Hancinema.net

photo658065.jpg

ZE:A - Children of Empire Si Wan suggested delivering coal for his birthday.

Si Wan Tweeted, "I want to tell you something about my birthday".

"It's not a special day but I am grateful you acknowledge it. As this is an annual event,, this year, I want to do some charity work delivering coal. I wish you will do it with me".

Below his post are details of date, time and contact.

November 25, 2015

Si Wan volunteers to deliver coal for his birthday

Source: Sports Donga via Hancinema.net

ZE:A - Children of Empire Si Wan suggested delivering coal for his birthday.

Si Wan Tweeted, "I want to tell you something about my birthday".

"It's not a special day but I am grateful you acknowledge it. As this is an annual event,, this year, I want to do some charity work delivering coal. I wish you will do it with me".

Below his post are details of date, time and contact.

*** Thanks rubie for sharing more on this news. Netizens are praising Im Si Wan for this good deed. Isn’t it so NICE that rather than holding a FM or party with fans for his birthday, he would be volunteering with fans to help a coal briquette charity to celebrate? I’m proud of him. And spending your own money – that’s not easy to do. Such a difference..... :P

December 3, 2015

Im Siwan and Byun Yo Han Have a Sweet Birthday Reunion

Source: Soompi by leejd

Im Siwan and Byun Yo Han Have a Sweet Birthday Reunion

Actors from the drama “Incomplete Life” had a small reunion recently. Both Im Siwan and Byun Yo Han met up with each other for a small birthday party.

On December 3, Byun Yo Han uploaded a photo he took with Im Siwan on his personal Instagram. The two met up to celebrate Siwan’s belated birthday, which was on December 1. Despite the fact that “Incomplete Life” ended almost a year ago, the two actors seem to be super close with each other.

In the photo, Byun Yo Han is seen clapping in front of the birthday cake with a big smile on his face. Siwan looks touched by his friend’s sweet actions as he stares at Byun Yo Han with a big smile on his face as well.

Meanwhile, Im Siwan is currently preparing to make a comeback with the film, “Oppa’s Thought,” while Byun Yo Han is currently taking part in the drama, “Six Flying Dragons.”

Source (1)

Yonhap News Agency

December 7, 2015

S. Korean drama 'The Incomplete' wins Asia's top honor

SEOUL, Dec. 7 (Yonhap) - The South Korean office drama "The Incomplete" has won top honors at Asia's most prestigious drama awards, its producer said Monday.

The program -- led by Yim Si-wan, Lee Sung-min and Kang So-ra -- was named Best Drama Series at the 20th Asian Television Awards (ATA) in Singapore last week, tvN, the cable network that produced and aired the show last year, said in a release.

The 20-part series received the honor over the popular Japanese dramas "Shinya Shokudo" and "Hero."

TvN also brought home another prize, Best Game or Quiz Programme, for its reality show "The Genius Game."

"This is the first time we've entered the awards," said Lee Deok-jae, head of media content at tvN's parent company CJ E&M. "We'll work hard to create even more competitive content."

ATA, founded in 1996, is hosted by Singapore's Contineo Media each year.

Shown above is a poster for the South Korean TV drama "The Incomplete." (Yonhap file photo)

Shown above is a poster for the South Korean TV drama "The Incomplete." (Yonhap file photo) Shown above is a poster for the South Korean TV drama "The Incomplete." (Yonhap file photo)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

December 7, 2015

Yim Si-wan becomes soldier

Singer-actor Yim Si-wan of ZE:A will become a soldier in the upcoming drama flick “Thinking of Elder Brother,” which is set to release in January.

Yim, who is best known for his roles in the film “The Attorney” and TV drama “Misaeng,” chose the heartwarming Korean War film as his next project. 

From Top: Yim Si-wan, Ko Ah-sung and Lee Hee-joon (NEW)

The distributor NEW released a poster, featuring several soldiers and children standing together, and a trailer video of the film on Monday. 

Poster of "Thinking of Elder Brother" (NEW"

“Thinking of Elder Brother,” directed by Lee Han (“Punch”), centers on a children’s choir, inspired by a real-life children’s choir during the war, and soldiers trying to protect them. Lim plays 2nd Lt. Han Sang-yeol, opposite actress Ko Ah-sung who plays teacher Park Joo-mi, who takes care of the children. Actor Lee Hee-joon also stars in the film. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

December 7, 2015

Korean drama 'The Incomplete' wins Asia's top honor

Official poster for tvN drama "The Incomplete" (tvN)

The South Korean office drama "The Incomplete" has won top honors at Asia's most prestigious drama awards, its producer said Monday.

The program -- led by Yim Si-wan, Lee Sung-min and Kang So-ra -- was named Best Drama Series at the 20th Asian Television Awards (ATA) in Singapore last week, tvN, the cable network that produced and aired the show last year, said in a release.

The 20-part series received the honor over the popular Japanese dramas "Shinya Shokudo" and "Hero." 

TvN also brought home another prize, Best Game or Quiz Programme, for its reality show "The Genius Game."

"This is the first time we've entered the awards," said Lee Deok-jae, head of media content at tvN's parent company CJ E&M. "We'll work hard to create even more competitive content."

ATA, founded in 1996, is hosted by Singapore's Contineo Media each year. (Yonhap)

December 9, 2015

Yim Si-wan returns with new film

Source: The Korea Times

K2015120900161_450.jpg

Yim Si-wan /Korea Times file

Actor Yim Si-wan, from idol group ZE:A, is returning to the big screen with a new film, "Thinking of Elder Brother."

The film's preview video has had 1.5 million hits in just a day.

Lee Han, who is famous for "Punch" (2011), directed the movie, which is expected to open in theaters next month.

The film is about a military man who loses everything during war. Motivated by a children's choir, the film depicts a miracle for devastated people during conflict.

Yim plays leading character Han Sang-yeol, a soldier.

Although Yim debuted as an idol singer, he rose to stardom in the hit television series "Misaeng (Incomplete Life)," in 2013. Yim's filmography also includes the "The Attorney" (2013).

ejb@koreatimes.co.kr,

Im Siwan's still cuts for upcoming movie 'Oppa's Thought'

mm4563.jpg

request
Mydaily - Naver: 'Oppa's Thought', Will Im Siwan be as successful as Yoo Ah In?

1. [+3,318, -129] He's really good at acting

2. [+2,636, -121] It grosses me out when idols act but he's an exception

3. [+1,897, -84] Im Siwan looks handsome in whatever he does

4. [+1,117, -66] Sounds like a fun movie. Im Siwan, fighting

5. [+505, -41] Why compare him to Yoo Ah In?

6. [+392, -28] He's neatly handsome

7. [+342, -34] His acting  in 'The Attorney' was amazing

8. [+279, -27] He doesn't seem like an idol at all. He's more of an actor now

9.[+262, -28] You can trust Im Siwan.

10. [+164, -4] So awkward to call Go Ah Sung the 'representative of actresses in their 20s' ㅋㅋHer middle school image in 'The Host' is still too strong

11. [+195, -25] Really gotta acknowledge his acting talent....

Source: KKuljaem