Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

[SBS Star] Yim Siwan Reveals a Strange Way Lee Dong Wook Chose to Become Close to Him

Actor Yim Siwan spoke about a strange thing that actor Lee Dong Wook did to him to become close. On August 28, a press conference for OCN's upcoming drama 'Strangers from Hell' took place at one hotel in Nonhyeon-dong, Seoul.
During the press conference, Yim Siwan revealed one information that made everyone at the venue burst into laughter. Yim Siwan said, "Dong Wook always takes such great care of me. He almost treats me as his own younger brother." He continued, "This might be a little spoiler, but I really would like to mention it here. So, there was this part in the script where my Adam's apple was being mentioned." He carried on telling the story, "After we filmed that scene, Dong Wook would come and touch my Adam's apple every time before our shooting of the day began."
Lee Dong Wook laughed and responded, "It was my first time given the opportunity to touch someone else's Adam's apple. I thought we could get close that way." Yim Siwan added with a laugh, "If Dong Wook doesn't touch my Adam's apple before our shooting, then it will feel strange now. He touched it earlier today as well."
'Strangers from Hell' is a thriller drama based on a popular webtoon of the same name. Lee Dong Wook will play the role of a dentist 'Seo Moon-jo', who gets acquainted with a financially-struggling writer 'Yoon Jong-wu' (Yim Siwan). The story illustrates the two characters getting involved in mysterious incidents after their encounter. Meanwhile, the first episode of 'Strangers from Hell' is scheduled to be unveiled on August 31.
source https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005414147

On 8/28/2019 at 2:39 PM, sky5joyous said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this. “Strangers from Hell” is ISW's first drama after being discharged  from the military. During the presscon, he said that he feels new to act after a long time. But, he finds filming the drama fun. :P

K-Drama Sneak Peek: Im Si Wan & Lee Dong Wook For OCN’s New Drama “Hell Is Other People”

Powered by top actors Lee Dong Wook and Im Si Wan, OCN’s Hell Is Other People makes its anticipated premiere before the month ends.

Combining the format of film and drama, Im Si Wan and Lee Dong Wook spearhead the second OCN’s “dramatic cinema” project. Hell Is Other People, will be the actors’ first drama project in the network known for thriller series.

Strangers from Hell

The Story Sketch

In the released teaser video, the grim mood reels interest on the drama’s hostel setting and suspicious looking characters. Based on a web comic, the drama depicts the story of a young man who will move in to shabby and creepy hostel after getting a job in Seoul.

The Main Leads

Portraying the role Yoon Jong Woo, Im Si Wan makes his post-military service drama with a challenging role in Hell Is Other People.

Upon moving to Seoul, he encounters strange people and cryptic events in the rundown hostel he chose to live temporarily.

Apparently, a person committed suicide in the room he stays.

Im expressed how the fresh and novelty idea attracted him to agree in the series. Moreover, the interesting premise made him receive the proposal without hesitation. Known for his breakthrough performance in Misaeng, the actor aims for another realistic character that will leave lasting impression to drama fans.

Strangers from Hell
Strangers-from-Hell_7.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Dong Wook challenges a thrilling story after his delightful performance in Touch Your Heart. Suiting up for dentist Seo Mun Jo, he is described as an eloquent speaker with immense artistic sensibility.

Wanting to show a different side of him as an actor, Lee hints a charming and mysterious character for fans to anticipate for.

With distinctly different characters and gripping tension, Lee also promised a thrilling story that would make the viewers’ hearts subtly race.

The Creative Team

Garnering impressive web comic viewership, the television re-imagination will be helmed by Director Lee Chang Hee. Additionally, his portfolio includes films, The Vanished and Haunters. Penning the series is Jung Yi Do whose recent works include Save Me and Item.

Ahead of its drama release, Kim Yong Ki, the webtoon creator relayed satisfaction on its dramatic cinema adaptation upon seeing the released video trailer. Grateful that his work is loved by many, he remarked how the strict creative synchrony of the webtoon and the series is one of the drawing points of the series.

Hell Is Other People will air its first broadcast on August 31 via OCN.

Sources: Sports Chosun 1, 2 / 

credit : HelloKpop

*** “Strangers from Hell” is coming to television with a star-studded cast tomorrow (August 31).  Can't wait to follow the thrilling adventures of ISW as Yoon Jong-woo, who find himself sharing a boarding house with murderous residents after he comes to live alone in Seoul. I will also follow LDW as the mysterious dentist.  I heard that he's a new character that doesn’t appear in the original story. It's a 10-episode series on OCN channel. I haven't read the original webtoon but I heard that the drama contains some changes to the original story, but it will maintain the same tone and message of the web comic. I guess viewers won’t feel like there’s such a big difference. “Strangers from Hell” will air every Saturday and Sunday night at 10:30 p.m. :P

August 30, 2019

‘Strangers from Hell’ comes to television

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

29202701.jpg
The stars of the thriller drama “Strangers from Hell,” based on a popular Naver web comic, pose during a press briefing in southern Seoul on Wednesday. From left are Im Si-wan, Lee Jung-eun, Lee Hyun-wook, Park Jong-hwan, Lee Joong-ok and Lee Dong-wook. [YONHAP]

Popular suspense web comic “Strangers from Hell” is coming to television with a star-studded cast this Saturday. 

Since the story debuted on Naver’s webtoon platform in 2018, it attracted over 800 million views, enticing readers to follow the thrilling adventures of Yoon Jong-woo, who finds himself sharing a gosiwon, or boarding house, with murderous residents after he comes to live alone in Seoul. 

With the blessing of the webtoon’s author Kim Yong-ki and backing by entertainment conglomerate CJ ENM, the bone-chilling story is being turned into a 10-episode series on CJ’s OCN channel. 

Playing the protagonist is Im Si-wan, a K-pop idol-turned-actor who was widely-praised for his performance in another drama based off a webtoon, “Misaeng” (2014). 

Lee Jung-eun, who played the housekeeper in the Palme d’Or-winning “Parasite,” is taking on the role of the boarding house’s creepy landlord. Actors Lee Hyun-wook, Park Jong-hwan and Lee Joong-ok are playing the three boarding house residents who drive the protagonist insane through their disturbing behavior like lurking behind his back and hysterically laughing non-stop. 

Lee Dong-wook, who starred in hit drama “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” (2016 - 2017), plays a mysterious dentist whose clinic is near the boarding house, a new character that doesn’t appear in the original story. 

The drama contains some changes to the original story, but it will maintain the same tone and message of the web comic, explained director Lee Chang-hee. 

“Viewers won’t feel like there’s such a big difference after they finish watching the drama,” he said during a press conference on Wednesday in southern Seoul. 

“Like in the webtoon, we use the concept of the gosiwon in the crowded city of Seoul to symbolize our society, where you have people living just a wall apart from each other but are strangers without any communication.” 

“Strangers from Hell” is the first TV series from Lee Chang-hee, who’s previously directed thriller films like “The Vanished” (2018). 

In fact, the drama will be like 10 mini films, according to Lee, who emphasized that “Strangers from Hell” is a production from OCN’s “Dramatic Cinema” project, which seeks to incorporate more cinematographic elements into TV shows. 

Beginning this week, “Strangers from Hell” will air every Saturday and Sunday night at 10:30 p.m. Cartoonist Kim Yong-ki is also working on a spin-off of the original web comic that is being published every Wednesday and Friday on Naver, this time presenting the events that unfolded before Jong-woo joined the boarding house. 

BY KIM EUN-JIN [kim.eunjin1@joongang.co.kr]

Watch: Im Siwan’s Weird Neighbors Drive Him Mad In “Strangers From Hell”

9d1f974900ec4fd68a349556b0019ded.jpeg?s=

With just one day left until the premiere, OCN drama “Strangers From Hell” has dropped a chilling five-minute highlight reel!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Strangers from Hell” is a thriller drama about the mysterious incidents that a man encounters after moving into a goshiwon due to the residents that live in the same building. A goshiwon is a type of housing arrangement typically leased by students studying for an important exam. They are known for being tiny, minimal, and economical.

Im Siwan plays Yoon Jong Woo, an aspiring writer who moves to Seoul from the countryside for his new job, and Lee Dong Wook is Seo Moon Jo, a dentist who owns a clinic near the goshiwon. Lee Jung Eun will take on the role of the goshiwon owner Young Bok Soon, a friendly woman who takes care of the people living in the goshiwon. Lee Hyun Wook will play a mysterious, cold man named Yoo Ki Hyuk while Park Jong Hwan will play Byun Deuk Jong who has a habit of exaggerating his laughter and stuttering his words.

Lee Joong Ok will take the role of Hong Nam Bok who has problems adjusting to society.

The video starts off with Yoon Jong Woo asking Young Bok Soon if there’s room in her goshiwon, and she replies, “Of course,” and then confirms the cheap price. However, Yoon Jong Woo is appalled by the dilapidated building and asks, “How can I live in such a place?”

On his first day at the goshiwon, he runs into an ill-tempered thug who warns him about everyone in the building being crazy. Yoon Jong Woo finds himself agreeing as he tells his girlfriend, “I think the people here are weird. One man stutters and laughs at me while another man curses at me. And I don’t know who it is, but I think someone keeps coming into my room.” At least he gets along with Seo Moon Jo, and they share a beer while talking about books.

Yoon Jong Woo can’t get any peace at work either. He encounters a strange co-worker who first accuses him of spitting in his drink and later tells him not to act so cocky just because he’s friends with the company CEO.

To top it all off, there are murders and missing people in the neighborhood, and Yoon Jong Woo becomes suspicious of the goshiwon residents. Eventually, Yoon Jong Woo is unable control his temper, and he starts to lose his mind with all the madness happening around him.

Watch the full highlight video below!

“Strangers from Hell” premieres on August 31 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

• In cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas. :P

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 26-Sep. 1, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Hell Is Other People premiere deserves two celebrations — one for actor Im Shi-wan’s return and another for an impressive 3.8 rating.

Saturday, Aug. 31      
Mother of Mine 93 KBS 25.1%
Mother of Mine 94 KBS 30%
Golden Garden 25 MBC 4.2%
Golden Garden 26 MBC 7.0%
Golden Garden 27 MBC 6.7%
Golden Garden 28 MBC 7.3%
Doctor John 27 SBS 8.6%
Doctor John 28 SBS 8.8%
Be Melodramatic 8 JTBC 1.2%
Hell Is Other People 1 OCN 3.8%
Hotel del Luna 15 tvN 9.9%
Sunday, Sep. 1      
Mother of Mine 95 KBS  29.1%
Mother of Mine 96 KBS 33.7%
Hell Is Other People 2 OCN 3.5%
Hotel del Luna 16 tvN 12.0%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-26-sep-1-2019/

• Guest changed the title to Im Si Wan 임시완 - Current Drama: Strangers From Hell

Update 5th Week | 10 Most Talked About Actors & Dramas On August 2019

Good Data Corporation releases weekly rankings of the most talked about dramas and actors/actresses of the airing dramas. The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, social media and videos.

5th Week of August (Release on Sept. 2)

-Dramas-

1- “Hotel del Luna

2- “At Eighteen

3- “Hell is Other People

4- “Be Melodramatic

5- “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung

6- “Doctor John”

7- “The Great Show”

8- “Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency” 

9- “Class of Lies” 

10- “Mother of Mine”

most talked about drama, most talked actors

-Actors-

1- IU – “Hotel del Luna

2- Ong SeongWu – “At Eighteen

3- Yeo JinGoo – “Hotel del Luna

4- Kim HyangGi – “At Eighteen

5- Song SeungHeon – “The Great Show”

6- Lee DoHyun – “Hotel del Luna

7- Im SiWan – “Hell is Other People

8- Kim SooHyun – “Hotel del Luna

9- Ji Sung –  “Doctor John”

10- Lee DongWook – “Hell is Other People

most talked about drama, most talked actors

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-actors-dramas-on-august-2019/