Im Si Wan 임시완

sky5joyous

Two faves in one movie!user posted imageAwesome!

February 3, 2016

Pop Star IM Si-wan Joins ONE LINE
Film Noir Will Co-Star JIN Goo

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

mOhajJSAxhzRAaNFUXOc.png

Veteran actor JIN Goo and pop star IM Si-wan, who is quickly making a name for himself as a screen actor, have joined the film One Line (working title). The second directorial of YANG Kyung-mo, following the indie Exit-acy from 2006 (he was also a Special Jury Prize recipient at last year’s Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival for Sunrise), the film has completed principal casting and will go before cameras this month. One Line is described as a film noir focusing on college students involved in a major case of insurance fraud.

IM Si-wan, a member of the popular K-pop boy band ZE:A, will play a talented and handsome college student who is involved in a big fraud case. The singer-turned-actor is currently in theatres with the Korean War melodrama A Melody to Remember and made his film debut in the smash hit The Attorney (2013). He also appeared in the highly rated TV drama Misaeng (2014).

Long a supporting player, in films such as BONG Joon-ho’s Mother (2009), JIN Goo has gradually turned into a leading man, recently playing major parts in 26 Years (2012) and last year’s hit Northern Limit Line.

The film will also star PARK Byung-eun (Assassination, 2015), LEE Dong-hwi (The Beauty Inside, 2015) and KIM Sun-young (Communication & Lies, 2015). One Line will be financed and distributed by Next Entertainment World (N.E.W.) while MiiN Pictures (Montage, 2013; The Deal, 2015) are handling production duties.

Hyeri and Hyun Bin voted as best celebrity daughter and son-in-laws

The Korea National University of Arts recently did a poll with the parents of their students, where they were asked to pick out the best celebrity daughter and son-in-laws, with Hyeri and Hyun Bin coming out on top respectively in the end.

Hyeri and Hyun Bin won with 132 and 125 votes respectively, thanks to their bubbly and masculine charms respectively.

Im Siwan, Jo Jung Suk, Jung Woo, and Lee Sang Woo rounded up the top 5 in order for the males, while Suzy of miss A, Hwang Jung Eum, Moon Chae Won, and Song Ji Hyo rounded up the top 5 for the females.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

*** Of course, I'll watch especially for Siwan. :P

Entourage Korea releases cast with Hallyu Stars!

Lee-Kwang-Soo_1454653249_af_org.jpg

Korea is ready to go with their version of the US hit show "Entourage"!

The lineup will include Asian prince Lee Kwang Soo, heartthrob Seo Kang Jun, , sexy brain Siwan, and tough guy Cho Jin Woong.

The original American version circled around an actor and his four friends as they chased success in Hollywood. The Korean version will mirror its American counterpart and follow the quartet on their journey through Korea's entertainment industry.

The show has begun filming and is slated to air in June on tvN.

Are you excited to see these hilarious guys in action?

SEE ALSO: Siwan says he was strangled to the point of fainting on movie set

Lee-Kwang-Soo_1454653284_20160204entoura

source : allkpop

To all friends at thread celebrating the Lunar New Year of the Monkey 恭禧發財2016lny3.jpg

2016: The Year of Monkey

Source: Korean Safari

monkey.jpg

2016 is the year of Monkey (Fire Monkey) starting from February 8, 2016 (called the Lunar New Year) and lasting to January 27, 2017.

Monkey ranks ninth position in the Chinese Zodiac. They are cheerful and energetic by nature and usually represent flexibility. People under the sign of the Monkey are wise, intelligent, confident, charismatic, loyal, inventive and have leadership.

The weaknesses of the Monkeys are being egotistical, arrogant, crafty, restless and snobbish.

[Weekender] Seollal Screenings

After spending countless hours in the kitchen or in front of the TV, most families want to spend a day outside having fun together. The most accessible source of entertainment is the movie theater, where you can catch a film that everyone in the family can enjoy. The Korea Herald offers a short guide to the best movies for a family outing.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Seollal is a holiday for looking back on the past year, paying respect to family and being thankful and hopeful -- making it the perfect time to catch a touching drama film. “A Melody to Remember” and “SORI: Voice from the Heart,” both of which opened in late January. They are good choices for families who want feel-good films. 

20160205001565_0.jpg
"A Melody to Remember" (KOFIC)

“A Melody to Remember” features “Misaeng” star Im Si-wan as a soldier who puts together a children’s choir to bring some heart to war-torn Korea. “SORI: Voice from the Heart” is a story about a man who has spent a decade desperately searching for his lost daughter. He receives unexpected help from a strange robot.

Theater chain CGV is also offering special screenings of classic films this weekend. A total of 11 classic films will be screened after 10 p.m. from March 6 to 9 at 30 CGV theaters nationwide, at a special price of 8,000 won per ticket. 

The lineup includes “Leon,” “A Better Tomorrow,” “Once Upon a Time in America,” “The Big Blue,” “Ben Hur,” “The Shawshank Redemption,” “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” “Amadeus,” “Cinema Paradiso,” “The Pianist” and “Poppoya.” 

Selected based on their popularity among moviegoers, the films offer a variety of choices for those heading to the movies late at night with family, on dates, with friends, or for some quiet time alone.

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

Weekend Box Office Guide: Feb. 6-7

Heading to the theaters this weekend? Whether you're looking for an artistic film to add class to your holiday, something to watch with your kids, or something to make you cry, the silver screen's got you covered.
The Korea Herald offers a guide to the top movies playing this weekend.

(skipped unrelated.....)

*please refer to the picture above*

A Melody to Remember (Korea)
Drama, war. Directed by Lee Han
Opened Jan. 21

Sang-ryeol (Im Si-wan) is a soldier who has lost everyone he loves in the Korean War. He is sent to another division, and meets a group of children who have lost everything, just like him. Along with volunteer teacher Ju-mi (Ko A-sung), he creates a children’s choir to bring a little warmth to the cold battlefield.

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

Lim Si Wan's 'Thinking of My Older Brother' surpasses one million views

Lim Si Wan's new film, 'Thinking of My Older Brother,' has surpassed one million views.

According to the latest data summary released by Korea Film Council, movie 'Thinking of My Older Brother' has surpassed one million views on February 8th.

'Thinking of My Elder Brother' was motivated from a children's choir that had existed during the Korean War, and it shows miraculous experiences that the children go through with music in the midst of the war.

Lim Si Wan played in the movie as a soldier who conducts the children's choir, and she showed a fabulous teamwork with Go Ah Sung, Lee Hee Jun, Jeong Jun Won, and Yi Re.

Meanwhile, 'Thinking of My Older Brother' is currently being played at every movie theaters all across Korea.

Lim Si Wan's 'Thinking of My Older Brother' surpasses one million views

/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

Ryu Jun-yeol, Seolhyun, Si Wan selected as Rising Stars by Best Film Awards 2016

photo687697.jpg

Ryu Jun-yeol, Seolhyun, Si Wan and more were selected as Rising Stars by Best Film Awards 2016 hosted by Max Movie.

Total number of 11 actors in total has been selected as the awardees for Rising Stars Awards this year: Do Kyeong-soo, Ryu Jun-yeol, Park Bo-geom, Park So-dam, Seolhyun, Lee Seong-kyeong, Si Wan, Jeong Ha-dam, Ji Soo, Chae Soo-bin, Choi Woo-sik.

Rising Star Awards is a new category created this year to recognize new actors and actresses who have contributed to the film industry. The awardees are selected by votes comprised with audience by 60% and film reporters by 40%. The selected awardees will attend the award ceremony which will be held at Universal Art Center at 6 PM on February 25th.

The 11th Max Movie Awards this year recorded the most number of votes contributed to select the awardees. The voting took place for 27 days from January 7th to February 2nd on the 906 movies released in Korea in the year of 2015. The total number of votes was 2,102,095, which has set the record in terms of the number of votes that affected the result.

Source : osen.mt.co.kr/article...

Translation : Hancinema

Squeaky clean image wins over public

Stars with squeaky clean images are winning over the public in the Korean entertainment scene full of sexy and masculine celebrities. Boy band ZE:A member and actor Yim Si-wan is also beloved by many Koreans for his squeaky clean image.

Entering Pusan National University -- one of ten flagship Korean national universities -- to major in mechanical engineering shows his diligence in school, although he later left the university to become a singer.

In an interview with one local talk show, his high school teacher said, “Lim was smart and studied hard. He also maintained good relationships with his friends.” The teacher also revealed he had excellent report cards.

(skipped unrelated.....)

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Si Wan, "The responsibility of realistic acting"

photo689894.jpg

Has there been an actor who has so much interest in another movie right away after filming his first leading movie? His name is actor Si Wan from ZE:A - Children of Empire.

Si Wan starred in the movie "The Attorney" as Jin-woo, the son of a soup house and university student and left a big impression.

Then he chose to come back with "A Melody to Remember" which is also his first top role. The movie is based on a real children's choir from the Korean War and about a small song which brought miracles in a time of hopeless war. In "A Melody to Remember", Si Wan is Han Sang-ryeol, a solder with a stick and not a gun.

Si Wan said, "When I first saw the script, I pictured children singing and going around to perform as a choir. That's what made me do it".

Si Wan also starred in the tvN drama "Incomplete Life" which ended in great success. Naturally, as he's been so successful in his past works, a lot of attention has been put on his newest movie.

photo689895.jpg

Si Wan mentioned the word 'responsibility' the most and talked about the pressure he felt and how careful he is about it.

"I've been in a highly successful movie and drama so I am happy to have even experienced them. I am always grateful to those who anticipate me. I should say that I was chosen for the movie and not that I chose it. I am lucky to have been".

He became more sincere about acting as experience as an actor builds up.

"Unlike what I initially thought about acting, it's not just about doing what they tell you to do but to continuously study it. So I read my script over and over again and draw the scene in my head so that my sincerity can reflect on it".

In "A Melody to Remember", Si Wan's sincerity can be seen. He practiced the piano for 3~4 months to be Han Sang-ryeol who can play the piano and as a result, he could play Chopin.

"It would have been so awkward if I pretended to play when I actually can't. Han Sang-ryeol is a good piano player but I am not so much. I had to practice. It was tiring but that's how I AM."

photo689896.jpg

Si Wan says he still feels nervous in front of the camera but he said, "I don't think I was that nervous in "The Sun and the Moon", I mind-controlled myself to get rid of the fear".

Looking back on his shortcomings, he didn't forget to ask himself continuously what 'a good actor' is. That's where 'responsibility' comes in once again.

"If I go over my shortcomings, I need to know what a 'good actor' is. I try to express the real thing. I wonder when my seniors act, do they express the really real thing or are they expressing something fake as if it's real? It doesn't matter as long as it looks "Real". I need to be responsible for that. So I try to focus on the real thing".

He doesn't want to lose acting nor singing. He started off as a singer and is noticed more as an actor but he doesn't want to let go of singing. The song in "A Melody to Remember" was his idea.

"I like singing and I like acting but I'm not a good dancer. To compare, my singing isn't as good as my acting. That doesn't mean I act well, but I just think I don't sing as well as I act. Singing is a private greed of mine and I am working on a song that I started after "Incomplete Life". I decided to write a song every time I am done with a drama or movie and write about the emotions I felt. Luckily the path I chose and the path the public is directing me to isn't very different".

Si Wan is an acting idol. "There are so many good idols who can act. I am happy to be one of them".

He strengthened his determination to take himself seriously. "I can do what I do because I am chosen by the public. If I have too much fun now, then I won't be chosen in the future. So I look at myself objectively".

Si Wan is on his way to becoming a real actor, step by step.

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

Si Wan will not star in upcoming tvN drama "Entourage"

photo693427.jpg

Actor Si Wan isn't starring in the new tvN drama "Entourage" after all.

According to several sources, Si Wan decided not to star in "Entourage" which naturally leads to a delay in his comeback.

Previously, Lee Gwang-soo and Jo Jin-woong were left to adjust conditions with the drama. It is highly likely they will go on board as long as there are no unexpected changes. Seo Kang-joon is also a likely candidate for the drama.

"Entourage" is an HBO drama which was made up to 8 seasons from 2004 to 2011 in Hollywood. It's a black comedy which reveals the truth about being a celebrity and the entertainment world. It received attention worldwide during its time and expectations for the Korean version of "Entourage" are very high.

The drama is likely to be organized to tvN on Monday and Tuesday or Saturday and Sunday.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Sung Min talks about differences between acting with ZE:A's Siwan and 2PM's Junho

During a recent on-site press conference for tvN drama 'Memory', leading actor Lee Sung Min was asked to compare his experiences acting with ZE:A's Siwan and 2PM's Junho. 

Lee Sung Min, who worked with Siwan on tvN's 'Misaeng' (2014) and is currently working with Junho through 'Memory', answered, "I was very comfortable with Siwan. With Junho, I feel more thankful. In 'Misaeng', I appeared as a mentor figure to Siwan. But in 'Memory', Junho is more like my aid. When I look at Junho through Tae Suk's eyes, I feel like I have a reliable donseng. He's someone I can depend on. Even yesterday, when we were filming face to face, I was a patient. So he looked after me quite well." 

Ce9LDFoUEAAHwHS.jpg

The actor continued, "In 'Misaeng', there was a scene where Siwan looked at me with hearts pouring out of his eyes, but I think I get hearts in my eyes when I look at Junho these days. He's the most refreshing character here. He's killer." 

It seems like Lee Sung Min has great compliments toward both idol-turned actors!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/lee-sung-min-talks-about-differences-between-acting-with-zeas-siwan-and-2pms-junho 

April 8, 2016

Sul Kyung-gu and Si Wan in talks for movie 'Bandits'

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

photo710906.jpg

Sul Kyung-gu and Si Wan are considering offers from movie 'Bandits'.

Sul Kyung-gu's agency C-Jes Entertainment said on April 7th, "He is currently looking into the deal to appear in 'Bandits' positively". Si Wan's agency, Star Empire also said, "He has received the screenplay and is looking into it positively".

'Bandits' depicts a vengeance story by a detective who sneaks into a prison in order to take revenge. Sul Kyung-gu's new movies, 'A Murderer's Guide to Memorization' and "Lucid Dream" are opening soon. Si Wan is currently filming movie "One Line", while he still is prepared to review options for his next works.

If the two actors confirm their appearance, Si Wan will be able to enjoy his exceptional luck joining a dramatic actor senior again every time in his new work. .

*** I’m happy to know that ISW has another movie coming up soon. I feel that this would be a good choice for him if he takes it. The story seems quite dark but I know he can definitely pull it off. :P

Im Shi-wan, Sol Kyung-gu pair up for undercover prison movie

SolKyungGu_ImShiWan1.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/im-shi-wan-sol-kyung-gu-pair-up-for-undercover-prison-movie/

These 11 Idols Revealed Their IQ Levels…And Shocked Fans Speechless

Some idols aren’t just talented in singing and dancing, on top of their good looks, amazing voice and moves, they’re geniuses as well!!

Talent comes in many shape and form and there is no denying that every one of K-Pop idols are talented in their own ways. Some of them, however, seem to be more academically inclined than the rest. We put together a list of the geniuses in K-Pop. Check out these 11 idols you might have never expected to be so academically adept.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Lim Si Wan - ZE:A

This beautiful idol is renowned for his intelligence. He majored in mechanical engineering before he dropped out to become a singer and can solve a Rubik's cube in under 40 seconds

https://quietly-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/item_36882_1280px_f52d8969d6714222b4bcedfef1077222.jpeg

source : koreaboo

• 3 weeks later...

4 Hit Dramas That Broadcasters Are Sorry They Missed Out On

4 Hit Dramas That Broadcasters Are Sorry They Missed Out On

It’s hard for a broadcaster to tell how well a drama will do before it airs, so they have to measure the potential risks of a certain drama before agreeing to air it. Because of certain factors, a broadcaster can turn down a drama, but in doing so they have no idea whether they’re turning away a huge money-makers.

Here are four hit dramas that broadcasters rejected that they are sorry to have missed out on.

(skipped unrelated.....)

4. “Incomplete Life” (tvN)

misaeng

Most public broadcasters look for dramas with a “love line” in them, because love stories appeal to a vast majority of people, both in and out of Korea. For that reason, “Incomplete Life” didn’t get a nod from any of the big three broadcasters, instead going to tvN. However, once the drama started airing, many office workers found that they could relate to the story, and it took off from there.

Source (1) / soompi news

May 3, 2016

Si Wan and Jin Goo to star in upcoming movie "One Line" as handsome con men

Source: Dailian via Hancinema.net

fullsizephoto720684.jpg

Stills for a movie called "One Line" have been released.

"One Line" is based on the world of loans in which one gets a loan by hiding his or her name, age and identity. This criminal movie is about an ordinary college student named Min-jae (Si Wan) gets involved with a loan scheme and various con artists who have different goals.

Si Wan was an ordinary college student but once he's had the taste of illegal loans, he becomes a member of a con artist team and speedily grows into the best in the field.

The innocent and goodie-two-shoes Si Wan is coming back as a born con man.

Jin Goo leaves an impressive mark with just the still picture alone.

Seok-goo recognizes Min-jae's skills right away and scouts him.

The stills of Si Wan and Jin Goo staring at each other increases the anticipation in their chemistry.

fullsizephoto720685.jpg

Park Byeong-eun plays Ji-won, a specialist in cleaning up the mess and long-time co-worker of Seok-goo, goes a different way from Min-jae for better things.

Lee Dong-hwi takes on the role of Song, an elite specialist in forging.

"One Line" will be released later in the year.

*** Siwan looks awesome! He is handsome w/ or w/out make up.. He still kills me! :P

20 male idols battle it out for the title of best 'bare face'

And we're back with the male version of the 'bare face'! Which one of your favorite male idol will come out on top as the one with the best no makeup face? The fate of the winner lies entirely in your hands! 

(skipped unrelated.....)

Siwan

misc_1462400911_siwan.jpg

5 idols who could be full-time actors

It's very common to see your favorite idols on K-Drama's nowadays. This wasn't always the case but now it is trendy. In general, dramas with idols usually become a hit. Some idols are cast because of their namesake and you can easily see that with their less than stellar acting but that isn't the case here!

These are top 5 idols who show great acting chops in dramas. They're so great that they could make the transition into being full-time actors! Don't forget to check their fashion style as well. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

3. Siwan

l4m0xSf.jpg?ggnoads

Op3JDB5.jpg?ggnoads

May 12, 2016

Office drama 'Misaeng' to be remade in Japan

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, May 12 (Yonhap) -- South Korean office drama "Misaeng" will be remade in Japan for a premiere date in July, its original production company said Thursday.

A social commentary on elitism and sexism in South Korean companies, the tvN series captured some 8 percent of TV viewers in South Korea, a remarkable feat for a cable channel.

CJ E&M, which owns the channel, said it officially signed a deal with Japan's Fuji TV on Wednesday to allow a local remake of the series.

Keita Kono, who directed popular Fuji TV series "Shiroi Kyoto," "Freeter, Ie wo Kau" and "Marumo no Okite," will lead the remake of the show based on a South Korean web cartoon of the same name.

Yuichi Tokunaga of the TV Asahi series "Specialist" will write the script and Japanese actor Yuto Nakajima will play the lead role, the entertainment company said.

In "Misaeng," a frustrated Go player enters a trading company as an intern with no experience or elite pedigree to show for. The series documents the initial struggles he experiences as he adjusts to a world different from the Go bubble he grew up in.

This is the first time Fuji TV is making a re-adaptation of a foreign TV show, CJ E&M said.

The Japanese remake, titled "Hope ~ New Employee with Zero Expectations," will be start filming this month and premiere in July in the 9 p.m. Sunday night time slot.

The official poster for the tvN series "Misaeng." (Yonhap)

The official poster for the tvN series "Misaeng." (Yonhap)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

(END)