[Drama 2015] Warm and Cozy 맨도롱 또똣

kaiskloset

I mean check out his arm.

cre: dramatroll

tumblr_nqaogwOVed1sh8uxlo1_540.jpg

Eyyyy, wait a second!  

That's revisionist.  The mayor was actually winning at that time JJ pulled that trick on the Mayor, causing him to lose concentration and GW to slam his arm down. The Mayor had the upperhand, but GW had assistance; JJ was his accessory. 

So I guess, it's correct then. One does not simply beat Chilbong in arm-wrestling.... (if you know what I mean, lol)

wampC%20armwrestling_zps70jqgibc.jpg

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow away a few days--sprained finger to boot (typing is interesting) and celebrated father's day /dad's bday all the same weekend to find a good 20 pages to catch up on.

Wow 2 different text preview write up and the preview---omo! Why cannot there just be a kiss that is not provoked?

Anyways, love reading always @packmule3 great insights and thoughts explaining about the carp/vampires/even the mayor's intentions. I totally concur and cannot explain it as well as you. Also the others @nonski @miakafy and @kimsabong great reading your thoughts too.

Now the final 2 weeks til the ending, going to be sad. Loving seeing YYS get the girl and I adore KSR (as others I liked her in WGM after her stint made me adore her lovely personality alot).

Must get back to work but I love the BTS videos, GIFS, songs, etc, pics and old YYS interviews---thanks. I am grateful to this forum otherwise I would go insane otherwise with NO ONE else to share my squeeing with here in Boston. I work alone in the office if my boss is not around. So definitely this helps my sanity.

I've two more in the pipeline. :) Comparing the kitchen seduction scene and the kitchen confession scene, and JG and JJ. 

I love KSR in WGM, too, and for visiting LeeTeuk at that sad family affair. She's one kind-hearted gal. 

It's been busy at work, too, but I've excellent staff to take care of things.  I tell them what I expect to get done, also why, how, and when it should get done, and they haven't really, terribly disappointed me yet. #expectations #goals #tyrantboss  The interns, especially the inexperienced ones, drive me batty, though, so they're trained first before they can share the same oxygen in a room with me. 

mean-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif

By the way, are you for Team Sparkles or Team Unchanged? 

@packmule3 I am team sparkles if it means GW (I am guessing that right?)

I always appreciated the subtle things as my mom always taught me to notice and be attentive (as that is not always easy.) Still you bring a great insight and light. So I even enjoy the episodes more and GW/JJ interactions etc.

Were you an English Lit major?

I don't manage anyone, I just have one boss in our office. Been here for 9 years, I cannot believe it ---June 1st.

I am glad to find you and read your thoughts! Where are you located?

I have been watching Kdramas for 11 years thanks to my mom starting me on "Autumn Love." How about you?

@packmule3 I am team sparkles if it means GW (I am guessing that right?)

I always appreciated the subtle things as my mom always taught me to notice and be attentive (as that is not always easy.) Still you bring a great insight and light. So I even enjoy the episodes more and GW/JJ interactions etc.

Were you an English Lit major?

I don't manage anyone, I just have one boss in our office. Been here for 9 years, I cannot believe it ---June 1st.

I am glad to find you and read your thoughts! Where are located?

I have been watching Kdramas for 11 years thanks to my mom starting me on "Autumn Love." How about you?

No. I'm an attorney. I also love to lecture at a university, when my schedule allows it. The students keep me young at heart -- although I'm seriously lost when they talk rap music, text-language, and computerese. But from them, I learned, and continue to learn, how to breakdown complicated ethical and legal issues to the level that they can easily grasp. 

My secretary -- and confidant -- has been with me for years! I told her to allow me to quit my job a day BEFORE she quits her job. That way, I won't be lost without her. lol. 

Kdrama, Running Man, and WGM are de-stressers for me.  The Hong sisters don't stress me out with their work, because they typically make sense to me.  Not "perfect" sense, but "common" sense.

For instance, this separation theme. Have you noticed that many kdramas have a "separation storyline" towards the ending episodes, as if the time and distance apart will resolve the conflicts between the OTPs?  I often think this trope is common in kdramas because Koreans are exposed to that 2 year military gap.

They're used to the idea of long separation as conflict-resolution because they have experienced it, or are living it, or will anticipate it in the future. There's budding, youthful romance, then bam! the dreaded 2 year conscription, then back to romance again. But since that original, youthful romance has "survived" time and distance, their love is now deemed strong enough for commitment, marriage, and Happily-Ever-Afters (or HEA).  Anyway, that's one theory why separation plots are acceptable norms for k-audience and makes "common" sense to me.:)

Gosh i'm sorry but can the town people be any more childish. Really grown adults doing such thing?SERIOUSLY! GAWDD!

I must say that the production crew pulled a very cunning but smart move on making Seohyun cameo and do the dirty work(pushing JJ to accidentally kiss mayor). If it was some random nobody actress she would have been scrutinized by the public for pulling such a stunt but yea since they are using a popular girl group idol, so people won't be harsh on her. Anyways she's just playing a character.. 

Well as much as i hate that the towns people had to resort to such childish trick, SERVE THEM RIGHT! THEY ASKED FOR IT! WHO ASK THEM TO IRRITATE AND PISSED OFF BGW! anyway maybe it was a good thing after all, anyway a kiss on the cheek is nothing, in western countries it's just normal greetings PLUS this was accidental anyways.. Good thing that BGW had his chance to swoop in and Plant one on LJJ's lips infront of everyone. LABELLING YAH JEONGJOO IS MINE! 

About the brother letting BGW go easily, hmmm.. i'm not conviced, the previews always never tell the full story. Maybe there's more to it but i'll be really dissapointed in his hyung if he really did choose love over him brother. but i'll just keep every possible options open now.

I don't know but i have this feeling that there's going to be another kiss for URI WooJoo in the episode, the REAL ONE! or not they wouldn't give us so easily the 'JEALOUS KISS' in the preview..

and can i call it "i make u mine" kiss? bc that kiss will tell town people that jj is definitely bgw's.. bgw really did something to mess town people's plan to pairing jj and mayor.. as he said it in ep 12.. lol.. i love it so muchh.. finallyy they will know that bgw likes jj too.. he is like "dont dare to do something like that again"

@packmule3, thank you for all your posts, I've been enjoying them, so interesting.  Just read your theories on the separation thing in dramas......what is your take on how they come up with all the manipulative, evil characters?  It seriously bothers me, how these writers come up with these characters.....do they know people like that? Or do they just have that kind of imagination?  I always thought that writers usually base their characters on real people, or a conglomeration of different people, so I'm always amazed at the creation of the despicable, evil characters! 

I just got through marathoning "My Girl", and the OTP didn't finally get together till the last episode! I hope that this is not what the OTP has in store for us this time! That movie had sooooo much ANGST!  This one has a lot of angst, too!  :crazy:

No. I'm an attorney. I also love to lecture at a university, when my schedule allows it. The students keep me young at heart -- although I'm seriously lost when they talk rap music, text-language, and computerese. But from them, I learned, and continue to learn, how to breakdown complicated ethical and legal issues to the level that they can easily grasp. 

Kdrama, Running Man, and WGM are de-stressers for me.  The Hong sisters don't stress me out with their work, because they typically make sense to me.  Not "perfect" sense, but "common" sense.

@packmule3 Thanks for answering my questions! AWWW you are an excellent writer. Seems like all my close friends are lawyers too! I did not yield to my parent's pressure to go to law school. LOL.

I totally agree with Kdrama is my drug relaxation of choice along with WGM and Running Man. I just have to add Return of Superman as I am a big fan of the Song triplets!

Yes, I do notice what you said about the separation story lines of the OTP, it is a MUST. Sigh. But I still watch them anyways.

I do sense in  your writing that you are a great teacher. I agree having students and young people and their energy around you is a great thing! I am a bit more ahem "mature" myself. My friends who are 10 years younger or more always forget I am older as being around them keeps me young. I just went to an EPIK HIGH concert in NYC on a whim. But not being married or with kids helps me live my life to be able to do what I want. I love my family and hobbies.

My Korean friends joke I am honorary Korean but I am also proud to be ABC (American Born Chinese).

Nowadays, I choose alot of dramas for the "pretty" and don't judge too harshly on scripts/storylines. But of course there are some train wrecks of endings ahem "Mirae's Choice". I like dramas for actors/actresses for sure now.

Glad to make your acquaintance! 

@packmule3, thank you for all your posts, I've been enjoying them, so interesting.  Just read your theories on the separation thing in dramas......what is your take on how they come up with all the manipulative, evil characters?  It seriously bothers me, how these writers come up with these characters.....do they know people like that? Or do they just have that kind of imagination?  I always thought that writers usually base their characters on real people, or a conglomeration of different people, so I'm always amazed at the creation of the despicable, evil characters! 

I just got through marathoning "My Girl", and the OTP didn't finally get together till the last episode! I hope that this is not what the OTP has in store for us this time! That movie had sooooo much ANGST!  This one has a lot of angst, too!  :crazy:

That's a very good question, but I think we should allow others here a chance to express their own opinions. I notice that I tend -- unfortunately -- to deter others from voicing their opinions, when, in fact, the diversity of opinions is the STRENGTH of soompi. We don't all think alike, and that makes a thread more vibrant and interesting.   :) 

I was about to watch a Taiwanese drama when I read in the reviews that the heroine ended up -- not with the guy -- but with a second lead who had kidnapped her and abused her. uh-uh. I can deal with angst, but I can't sanction a dysfunctional abusive relationship.  

With this W&C plot, though, I don't think the Hong sisters have developed a true manipulative and evil character.  As a matter of fact, I noticed in their earlier kdrama, The Master's Sun, that they have been giving a sympathetic angle to the "bad" characters. They deliberately misled the audience, as in, they would set it up so the audience would think badly of a character, then they would twist events around to show that the characters had been unjustly misunderstood and condemned.  That's why I don't think the dad here is all that bad as he is set up to be. 

Another instance is the noona-Lady Diver confrontation. The Hong sisters were ACTUALLY spoofing makjang when they made the noona plan out her course of action when she visited the Lady Diver.  Remember?  The noona was telling herself:  okay, first I have to sit down here, then offer her the money as bribe, then toss the glass of water at her for the "expected" water-slap. 

That was meant to poke fun at the typical makjang.  

But what was unexpected was the Lady Diver stopping the glass in mid-swing, and telling the noona, "Hey! I make a living out of getting wet in the OCEAN daily. Do you think I would flinch if you wet me with a glass of water?!!!"

See that?  It's not the comeuppance that made me laugh at this sequence, but the wit!  The WIT! It's the duuuuh moment, I found hilarious. Ocean versus glass of water.  Ocean versus glass of water.  mwahahahaha. 

The typical drama writer would have shown the heroine slapping the noona back or talking bit.chy to her or rolling on the ground while in a hairpulling contest. But the Hong sister resolved it in a cosmic joke. 

@packmule3 Bravo well said!

Another instance is the noona-Lady Diver confrontation. The Hong sisters were ACTUALLY spoofing makjang when they made the noona plan out her course of action when she visited the Lady Diver.  Remember?  The noona was telling herself:  okay, first I have to sit down here, then offer her the money as bribe, then toss the glass of water at her for the "expected" water-slap. 

That was meant to poke fun at the typical makjang.  

But what was unexpected was the Lady Diver stopping the glass in mid-swing, and telling the noona, "Hey! I make a living out of getting wet in the OCEAN daily. Do you think I would flinch if you wet me with a glass of water?!!!"

See that?  It's not the comeuppance that made me laugh at this sequence, but the wit!  The WIT! It's the duuuuh moment, I found hilarious. Ocean versus glass of water.  Ocean versus glass of water.  mwahahahaha. 

The typical drama writer would have shown the heroine slapping the noona back or talking bit.chy to her or rolling on the ground while in a hairpulling contest. But the Hong sister resolved it in a cosmic joke. 

I don't miss all the painful MAKJANG that was in all the dramas early 2000's. Too many candys who were "weak" but "impoverished" and astoundingly "beautiful." Or one of the OTP had to be dying of some incurable disease. So these current villains are so TAME in comparison and I agree not of the OLD school Makjang league at all. Something I don't miss alot truthfully.

@packmule3, Wow! You seriously "get" the Hong sisters, don't you? I agree with you about their so called "bad" characters , though. I wasn't referring to them, per se, but there are other dramas out there that have some really evil characters.  

Warm and Cozy has been just that for me, warm and cozy.  Am enjoying the "feels", and reading this forum.  I appreciate all the gifs and stills that people have been posting, as well as the insightful posts from people like you,  Packmule3!!  I find myself just as addicted to this forum as I am to watching Kdramas! Lol :P

I bet it'll be UNCHANGED. AGAIN.

There is just one unreasonable thing regarding the necklace is that GW didn't buy it by himself. The officers bought it but he won. Aigoo...

@libra83 hi chingu, more or less we have the same take on the necklace.  i don't think GW had the chance to change the necklace to make it into something special.  i think it was focused since it will become a catalyst for JJ.  well, anything goes here since we are just speculating.

So true. This is for fun; no real money is involved in the transaction. And like JJ, I'm *shameless* when it comes to accepting freebies and speculations. 

So who else is betting? 

Team Sparkles vs Team Unchanged

As far as I know, @day_dreamer, @pandalover1 and I are on Team Sparkles.

@agdr03, @libra83, and @nonski are on Team Unchanged. 

Losers will have to post 3 of their favorites scenes/gifs/screenshots from the show. :)

just saw this, i'd say yeah BRING IT ON (no GIF, hahaha i'll post it later when we win :)

i've got lots of gifs in my pocket!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

That's why the "punishment/penalty" was set up that way. It's really a win-win situation for all of us. We all love to share gifs (especially you), and we all love to see them, anyway.  :D

yes! I am on Team Unchanged :D I need to know how to post gifs now incase we don't win :lol:   from the picture on the shelf where GW put it, it looks like there is a ring in it. but where he took it on JJ's table, it's the original necklace :)

@nodame,

"Team Sparkles" and "Team Unchanged" gamble is kinda like a poker game and you have to go "all in". 

zoe-all-in.gif

Team Sparkles thinks that the necklace GW left on the top shelf is a different necklace from the necklace he took from JJ's conch shell that night she was drunk -- you know, the necklace the Mayor was planning to give her after the arm-wrestling match. He replaced it (could be the whole thing or just the pendant alone) with another one. The team is called "sparkles" because the director made the pendant sparkle when the camera focused on it. 

Team Unchanged, as the name implies, thinks that it's the same necklace. It's unchanged. 

@day_dreamer, @pandalover1 and I are on Team Sparkles.

@agdr03, @libra83, @nonski, and @zurah90 are on Team Unchanged.  

WampC%20ring3_zpsigpulzxg.jpg

This is just for fun. It's no big deal if you win or lose, but it will be fun sharing gifs. You see, the losers will have to post 3 of their favorite gifs.

I know @nonski has many gifs stored in her gif vault, and I know she can easily make up more, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's show. I think the problem for her is how to limit her wonderful gifs to just THREE.  :) 

But if I lose, I'm recycling the gifs already posted by others here, because I don't know how to make gifs. You won't get anything new from me if I lose, unfortunately. 

Wampc%20ring6_zpss8k3kcam.png

just until when this couple will date properly , don't tell me they will save it for the last episode like the way they did in full house drama , the real kiss was at the last scene of the last episode ......... it's way similar to this drama so many push and pull , i hope it's end up  in tomorrow episode , even if im trying just to enjoy the drama without so much thinking , but still  i didn't like when the writer of this drama  keep playing with out heart like that

looks like i cant join tonight recaps,, :(:(

i already in stage where i just enjoying the story, just let the leech get out from my screen, i hope LJJ realized that she is lying, and Poongsan didnt help at all now, :(

butttt,, it's not stolen kiss again, okay, BGW suddenly kiss her, but LJJ already closed her eyes, so she already expected the kiss it isn't like the first kiss,and looks like the mayor didn't to look at them, :D

201506240828761113_3.jpg

201506240828761113_5.jpg

credit : @sky5joyous

Archived