[Drama 2015] Warm and Cozy 맨도롱 또똣

kaiskloset

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, deeand said:

@packmule3 :D very insightful. look I'm following you here :P. Warm and cozy is a safety ride.. we all know where are we going to, and reply 1988 is a roller coaster. and your post is my handle so I will not go off track and fall. keep posting I love all your post :lol:

Yikes?! You can't follow me. I think I've set my soompi settings to "no followers" a long time ago. :) 

No. I think the outcome of Reply 1988 was set from the beginning. People, from both ships, are/were just in denial. If you go back to Episode 2, that whole episode had lots of meta-jokes and teasers to give the husband away. I don't want to give the identity away either, when YOU the audience, aren't ready for him yet. I've only been releasing the inside jokes slowly so as not to cause a big uproar. 

But yes, the die is cast.

As for the chocolates, if people in both forums are still wondering how the young DS could have made a mistake....lol... the Adult DS EXPLAINED it herself. Remember? In the first episode when the Adult DS said she inhaled a lot of carbon monoxide so she must have been crazy back then? That's the reason why she messed up the chocolate and thought the jacket belonged to TK --> She wasn't thinking clearly because of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Lol. 

Didnt you get that? How come nobody's seeing this? Am I the only crazy person around? Did I also suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning? :D 

That's why I said I don't ship the couples. I ship the script. Often it's way too much fun analyzing the script and the scriptwriter than just watching and waiting for the love-lines to develop. 

I love Warm and Cozy because I love the Hong sisters first. It's a good thing that the actors were lovable too.

Hello Warmers.. It's been awhile since i was here.. Noticed that we've got new group's name which is Skinship Ladies.. Cool!.. :)

I'm spending time watching Reply 1994 nowadays.. I know it's past due drama.. Just watched for the sake of YYS aka Chilbong.. but the drama itself is good.. I was planning to watch Reply 1997 afterwards, but since my beloved friends here are suggesting group watch of another series of reply (Reply 1988), perhaps i can switch my plan and start with this series first, and catch 1997 later.. so, when do we start the group re-watch dear?

I missed you ladies. sniff. @icemaid, @agdr03, @Lhej and our maknae @violet88.

If you're up to it, sure we can do a rewatch, too, with my newfound friends from the other thread. 

@icemaid, the music in Reply 1988 is more generational. 88's. I don't know if you'll like that, but you can give it a shot. I always liked your music choice. I know Michael Jackson was popular back then over here in the US. 

@agdr03 Come out, come out, wherever you are. If you like YYS, you'll like this gummybear person, too. I know you. You root for the underdog, so you'll like him. Remember how we groused that the second lead always gets short shrift? Well, this time the underdog got the girl. The Mayor though is a good match for the Noona. lol. I still remember how spiteful he was when JJ wanted to know the "special" places around the islands and he rudely said, "NO!" his information wasn't free... But he cycled back right away and gave her the name of Windy Beach.

My husband and I are stuck in snow. #blizzard2016. Stupidly, I thought, if worse comes to worst, I can easily grill steak in the backyard. Dumb blonde, that's me alright. Just to get to the grill and clear the space around the grill, not to mention the 3 feet of SNOW on top of the grill required more work than I thought it would be.  30 minutes of shoveling for a 5 minute grill?  Uh, no. I'm vegetarian right now. 

And yes, @violet88, I recommend this show for you. There's an innocence and sweetness about it. There was one scene where the second male lead (I was right, he turned out to be the leading man) belatedly discovered that he forgot to give the girl a gift. So he quickly ran outside in the cold to catch the girl. Meanwhile, the girl -- like a typical teenager -- was lying down spread-eagle on this wooden platform. She was sleeping.

And then the guy called her name, Deoksun-ah.  

Remember what I told you before that SUPPOSEDLY your hearing is the last to go when you're dying? I think that's true.  I faint occasionally and  I can attest that I HEAR people around me although I can't see them and I can't talk to them. I hear people panicking around me but I can't reassure them that I'm okay. lol.

Anyway, the scene when this guy called her name, Deoksun-ah was straight-up Disney movie-ish. In the Disney movies, the guy is supposed to wake up the comatose girl with a kiss. But here in this kdrama, lol, he just called her name and her eyes immediately opened. 

I think for young people nowadays the concept of a simple romance is foreign. In most kdramas and the reality show WGM, this notion of an aggrandized romance is heavily pushed forward. Romance that involves holding fancy "events" or trips to theme parks or iconic do-or-die love declarations like in Titanic...those are the norms. 

I personally think it's the wrong concept of romance.  In the same way that Hollywood pushes a sexualized version of romance, Kdramas can and do push an extremely saccharine, diabetes-inducing version of romance. There has to be a middle ground. 

And I found them in shows like Warm and Cozy and Reply1988. :)

So yes, when you ladies have found time, PM me and I'll come and we can do our rewatch here ... or elsewhere. There's no need to hold hands really. It's not that scary. My prediction was right. :D

Snowball incoming!!!  Duck!

On 1/15/2016 at 10:42 PM, violet88 said:

Hello Warmers.. It's been awhile since i was here.. Noticed that we've got new group's name which is Skinship Ladies.. Cool!.. :)

I'm spending time watching Reply 1994 nowadays.. I know it's past due drama.. Just watched for the sake of YYS aka Chilbong.. but the drama itself is good.. I was planning to watch Reply 1997 afterwards, but since my beloved friends here are suggesting group watch of another series of reply (Reply 1988), perhaps i can switch my plan and start with this series first, and catch 1997 later.. so, when do we start the group re-watch dear?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:28 AM, packmule3 said:

I think for young people nowadays the concept of a simple romance is foreign. In most kdramas and the reality show WGM, this notion of an aggrandized romance is heavily pushed forward. Romance that involves holding fancy "events" or trips to theme parks or iconic do-or-die love declarations like in Titanic...those are the norms. 

I personally think it's the wrong concept of romance.  In the same way that Hollywood pushes a sexualized version of romance, Kdramas can and do push an extremely saccharine, diabetes-inducing version of romance. There has to be a middle ground. 

So yes, when you ladies have found time, PM me and I'll come and we can do our rewatch here ... or elsewhere. There's no need to hold hands really. It's not that scary. My prediction was right. :D

Yes, yes, please!!  It would be great to do a rewatch together.  I haven't watched Warm and Cozy yet so it would be great to watch it and make comparisons to Reply 1988. I can rewatch Reply 1988 over and over and find new nuggets every time I rewatch it.  That drama is so clever and offers so much but you have to really look in order to see all that is being said without actually saying it.  That is what is so ingenious and thrilling about this drama for me, beyond whatever romance ship you are on or not on. And it is an absolute breath of fresh air, particularly if you consider the Kdrama landscape or even what Hollywood is offering these days.   If you focus only on the obvious, you are not giving this production its due regard and appreciation.  It's like drinking a $1000 wine in a paper cup along with your McDonald's french fries and chugging it in one go without appreciating its complexity, subtleties and bouquet. 

@packmule3, I love your insights.  I am curious to see your views on how the "second" male lead in Warm and Cozy compares to the "second" male lead in Reply, who actually ended up being the 1st lead, LOL.

Just wanted to say a very belated thank you to everyone who posted an analysis on this thread for those like me who are late to the game! Though I've seen the show before, I missed a lot of the deeper meanings behind conversations and actions and without this thread, I would be totally lost. So, thank you! 

On 1/24/2016 at 1:28 AM, packmule3 said:

I missed you ladies. sniff. @icemaid, @agdr03, @Lhej and our maknae @violet88.

If you're up to it, sure we can do a rewatch, too, with my newfound friends from the other thread. 

@icemaid, the music in Reply 1988 is more generational. 88's. I don't know if you'll like that, but you can give it a shot. I always liked your music choice. I know Michael Jackson was popular back then over here in the US. 

@agdr03 Come out, come out, wherever you are. If you like YYS, you'll like this gummybear person, too. I know you. You root for the underdog, so you'll like him. Remember how we groused that the second lead always gets short shrift? Well, this time the underdog got the girl. The Mayor though is a good match for the Noona. lol. I still remember how spiteful he was when JJ wanted to know the "special" places around the islands and he rudely said, "NO!" his information wasn't free... But he cycled back right away and gave her the name of Windy Beach.

My husband and I are stuck in snow. #blizzard2016. Stupidly, I thought, if worse comes to worst, I can easily grill steak in the backyard. Dumb blonde, that's me alright. Just to get to the grill and clear the space around the grill, not to mention the 3 feet of SNOW on top of the grill required more work than I thought it would be.  30 minutes of shoveling for a 5 minute grill?  Uh, no. I'm vegetarian right now. 

And yes, @violet88, I recommend this show for you. There's an innocence and sweetness about it. There was one scene where the second male lead (I was right, he turned out to be the leading man) belatedly discovered that he forgot to give the girl a gift. So he quickly ran outside in the cold to catch the girl. Meanwhile, the girl -- like a typical teenager -- was lying down spread-eagle on this wooden platform. She was sleeping.

And then the guy called her name, Deoksun-ah.  

Remember what I told you before that SUPPOSEDLY your hearing is the last to go when you're dying? I think that's true.  I faint occasionally and  I can attest that I HEAR people around me although I can't see them and I can't talk to them. I hear people panicking around me but I can't reassure them that I'm okay. lol.

Anyway, the scene when this guy called her name, Deoksun-ah was straight-up Disney movie-ish. In the Disney movies, the guy is supposed to wake up the comatose girl with a kiss. But here in this kdrama, lol, he just called her name and her eyes immediately opened. 

Snowball incoming!!!  Duck!

Are you still vegetarian? @packmule3;) 

Yes! I am finally out here and I am really busy with work because we are closing our main company and opening a smaller one. For awhile there I thought I may have to look for another job but the Boss asked me to come in on the smaller company so I'm good for now. Anyway I would like to do a re watch of Reply 1988 in here (or should we start another thread?) with the Royal Ladies and our new friends from Reply 1988 :) Hopefully when we do start, I won't be as busy so I can concentrate. I have to say I haven't watched a show where the 2nd lead gets the girl! Sounds like fun :)

@icemaid   miss you chingu! I am so happy for Sora's new drama! Sounds interesting! I'm only familiar with the Leading Man because of Lovers in Paris :D that is all :) Hopefully it will turn out good for her. 

I was stoked when she won the best actress award and with Oppa beside her well, swoon :wub: When is she going to watch his musical by the way? :phew:

I will try to be back if not tomorrow, Friday evening!

hugs and take care!!! :wub: :wub::wub:

1 hour ago, agdr03 said:

Are you still vegetarian? @packmule3;) 

Yes! I am finally out here and I am really busy with work because we are closing our main company and opening a smaller one. For awhile there I thought I may have to look for another job but the Boss asked me to come in on the smaller company so I'm good for now. Anyway I would like to do a re watch of Reply 1988 in here (or should we start another thread?) with the Royal Ladies and our new friends from Reply 1988 :) Hopefully when we do start, I won't be as busy so I can concentrate. I have to say I haven't watched a show where the 2nd lead gets the girl! Sounds like fun :)

Moi? Vegetarian? I eat NAILS for breakfast, remember? :)

There's one rewatch going on in the Shipper's Forum but I don't mind doing it here with the Royal Ladies. There's nobody here anyway except for us. But you'll have to do a marathon, @agdr03, and each episdoe is about an hour and 40 minutes long. Remember the 2nd lead gets the girl!!! Hurray for the underdogs. It's like Chilbongie's revenge. kekeke. 

The added thrill is we can combine it with our recollection of Warm and Cozy. I can already see it... In episode 1, JJ and GW met as teenagers because of JJ's search for her birth mother who would give her a more privileged life.  In Reply 1988, the girl and the boy met as 7? 8? year old children because the boy's father's desired to escape his memory of his dead wife. See that? Missing mothers create a hole in their beginnings. ;)

Then there was food offered as a token of friendship. GW gave JJ a slice of birthday cake, while the girl in Reply 1988 offered the shy and overwhelmed boy a fish candy. 

And oh! remember that fish bread GW baked for JJ? They were talking about being only children and we said GW offering to have a family in the future with her to compensate for her loneliness. Anyway, the same fish bread appeared in Reply series too. Weird. That food must really be some kind of comfort food for Koreans. 

If you want to start a new thread, that's fine with me, too. But where? In what forum? I prefer we move it off the drama forum entirely. I'm open to suggestions. The new thread will be ideal too as jumping board for the next Reply series. The Reply series are always contentious because of the  tedious shipping going on. We can do an "alternate" thread/reality and just appreciate the story for what it is, instead of focusing on the 'ships.

How are your boys? 

On 1/30/2016 at 6:16 PM, phikyl said:

Just wanted to say a very belated thank you to everyone who posted an analysis on this thread for those like me who are late to the game! Though I've seen the show before, I missed a lot of the deeper meanings behind conversations and actions and without this thread, I would be totally lost. So, thank you! 

You're welcome. We absolutely loved this show and we're delighted that we could have shared our love for it with you. Did you see the Great Gatsby references? 

1 minute ago, packmule3 said:

You're welcome. We absolutely loved this show and we're delighted that we could have shared our love for it with you. Did you see the Great Gatsby references? 

I've never read the book so I didn't catch any of the Gatsby references until this watch through, courtesy of all the analyses here. I'm on episode 15 right now though so I think I caught the majority of them this time around. I have to say, this show was much more enjoyable to watch the second time around with all the background knowledge and no biased people to corrupt my enjoyment of the slower paced romantic development.

On February 4, 2016 at 11:59 PM, phikyl said:

I've never read the book so I didn't catch any of the Gatsby references until this watch through, courtesy of all the analyses here. I'm on episode 15 right now though so I think I caught the majority of them this time around. I have to say, this show was much more enjoyable to watch the second time around with all the background knowledge and no biased people to corrupt my enjoyment of the slower paced romantic development.

I hear you. It's because of that dramabeans site. The people there (cough. cough. PHILISTINES! cough) were all whining about how slow the show was, how underutilized YYS was and how boring the script was. 

Boring, my bass! They missed about 60% of the scriptwriters' intention. I bet they didn't even realize that GW's mom LOVED GW's dad. She waited for him to come back to her after being imprisoned. She only gave up waiting after 20 years, on GW's 19th birthday. 

It was about waiting. The fisherman's widow waited for 30 years, the mother waited 20 and JJ waited 1 year, not counting the 10 she did for growing up. On that island of Jejudo, where life was rhythmic like the waves and the season, the waiting blended the years together. 

But wait until you read my "kiss" explanation. hahaha. I'm still deciding if I should let it stand or delete the whole thing. 

7 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

I hear you. It's because of that dramabeans site. The people there (cough. cough. PHILISTINES! cough) were all whining about how slow the show was, how underutilized YYS was and how boring the script was. 

Boring, my bass! They missed about 60% of the scriptwriters' intention. I bet they didn't even realize that GW's mom LOVE GW's dad. She waited for him to come back to her after being imprisoned. She only gave up waiting after 20 years, on GW's 19th birthday. 

It was about waiting. The fisherman's widow waited for 30 years, the mother waited 20 and JJ waited 1 year, not counting the 10 she did for growing up. On that island of Jejudo, where life was rhythmic like the waves and the season, the waiting blended the years together. 

But wait until you read my "kiss" explanation. hahaha. I'm still deciding if I should let it stand or delete the whole thing. 

ya! you are not allowed to delete that! :angry: 

I just came back here to say that :lol: :lol: :lol:      That kiss explanation is in line with the actual kiss itself of WooJoo so DO NOT DELETE. PLEASE! :tears:

See you tomorrow? ;):P

ps. will answer to your post tomorrow :) 

@packmule3 Yes! Exactly! I've started shying away from using dramabeans and I can already see where I'm looking at currently airing dramas more objectively. The enjoyment of seeing an episode and making judgements for myself is no longer beaten by the lure of finding out what happens asap through recaps. 

As for the kiss explanation; please, let it stand! I'm dying to know!

Edit: Wow... fans self. I knew I'd seen that pose before but it didn't connect in my head to Rodin. That explanation though; I get it now. I understand why that kiss caught so much of my attention. Now on to episode 16 to catch the full intensity of that moment!

8 minutes ago, agdr03 said:

ya! you are not allowed to delete that! :angry: 

I just came back here to say that :lol: :lol: :lol:      That kiss explanation is in line with the actual kiss itself of WooJoo so DO NOT DELETE. PLEASE! :tears:

See you tomorrow? ;):P

ps. will answer to your post tomorrow :) 

Yah! It's my post.

But okay, arasso, I won't delete it even though it is mortifying to read now. I have three embarrassing posts: one fanfic, one kiss analysis and hmmmm... I forgot. [I wont incriminate myself.] lol. 

See you tomorrow.

3 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Yah! It's my post.

But okay, arasso, I won't delete it even though it is mortifying to read now. I have three embarrassing posts: one fanfic, one kiss analysis and hmmmm... I forgot. [I wont incriminate myself.] lol. 

See you tomorrow.

WHAT.gif

Did someone say delete post! Nooooooooooooo that's the best k-drama kiss! :wub: Please, we need that post to stay and be an immortal post too. ;)

Thank you @packmule3 :D

Not sure I can join you ladies to do the Reply rewatch. Will join in as and when I could.

5 hours ago, agdr03 said:

@icemaid   miss you chingu! I am so happy for Sora's new drama! Sounds interesting! I'm only familiar with the Leading Man because of Lovers in Paris :D that is all :) Hopefully it will turn out good for her. 

I was stoked when she won the best actress award and with Oppa beside her well, swoon :wub: When is she going to watch his musical by the way? :phew:

I will try to be back if not tomorrow, Friday evening!

hugs and take care!!! :wub: :wub::wub:

I am not even familiar with the leading man, haven't watch any of his dramas. But I am so excited to see Sora back in the small screen soon. Actually long wait till 21 March :( especially I might get busier from next week on.....

Regarding the musical, I have already given up hope. :lol:

Take care @agdr03 and see you around at Sora's drama thread.

Archived