Lau Kong

Vivien Yeo

Susan Tse

Law Lok Lam

Wai Ka Hung

Becky Lee

Jonathan Cheung

Synopsis:

Former CID detective Kevin Cheng was forced to leave the police force due to suspicions that he was involved in an arson case. He joins a security company, where he meets Ruco Chan. As a former detective, Kevin has a reclusive character, but has a sharp eye that can catch tiny details from surveillance footage which are often the key to solving cases.  Ruco's thinking and style of working is similar to Kevin's and is also excellent at his job. The two become good friends and are looked upon favourably by their superior Lau Kong. This is until private investigator Tavia Yeung appears. Conflict arises when she mistakes Kevin for an old friend. It causes him to recall a long-forgotten incident, which turns out to be related to the arson case. Tavia, known to possess a human "eye in the sky", continues to investigate along with Kevin and Ruco, but as they get closer to the truth, the conflict between emotions and the law grow more fierce and the relationship between the three of them experience a big change...Credit miriamfanz 

Preview:

OSTs:Alfred Hui & Hubert Wu - The Truth

Behind the Scenes:

Additional Links:

Eye in the Sky 天眼 Official Website

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin Cheng reduced weight and his 'chocolate' muscles had returned

news7.jpg
Yesterday, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) promoted the new TVB series, Eye In The Sky (天眼) and expressed that he reduced around 8 to 10 pounds now when filming Eye In The Sky, and his 'Chocolate 朱古力' muscles had returned. He added he was looking forward to the broadcasting of Eye In The Sky series. Kevin said: "The last series I filmed was in 2012, Ghetto Justice II (怒火街頭2). Hope to remind the Hong Kong viewers that Kevin Cheng is still here."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal

New series, Eye in the Sky: First time for Lin Xia Wei to carry gun

news8.jpg
Yesterday, Lin Xia Wei (林夏薇) promoted the new TVB series, Eye In The Sky (天眼) and expressed that she acted as a policewoman who has a crush on Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) in the series. Also, it was her first time to carry gun when filming the series. Xia Wei laughed and said: "Kevin asks me: (Never carry gun before? Your actions look silly.) So I practise in front of the mirror everyday."

Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal

Netizens discovered Kevin Cheng kept telling people to call him. Why is that?

news9.jpg
news10.jpg
news11.jpg
The new series, Eye in the Sky (天眼), was broadcasted not long ago and the netizens had already discovered something. In one of the episodes, Kevin (鄭嘉穎) wore a red top and told his acting partner, Tavia Yeung (楊怡): "Call me!" Many netizens felt that particular scene was similar to the fried chicken advertisement filmed by Kevin earlier regardless of accessories, hairstyle, tone and dialogue.

Subsequently, the netizens even compiled the scene and advertisement together, and said: "Brainwashed telephone!" while his die-hard fans said: "Call me and I wait for your call!" Some also questioned Kevin Cheng: "Please say directly if you want to call. Kevin (gor), why do you keep telling us to call you?"

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

Eye In The Sky has started out well.  I hope that there will be a happy ending for everyone.

And, yeah, I agree that the retired police officer should retire from his second career.  I was LOL when he pulled out his 'tools/gadgets' and also his methodology.  He needs to realize the century that we are living in now. :))  I don't think he can find a lost dog.  :P

BTW, Viki has finally negotiated licenses for a few Hong Kong dramas. 
http://www.viki.com/tv/26785c-the-neighborhood
http://www.viki.com/tv/26784c-elite-brigade-fsd
http://www.viki.com/tv/26787c-it-champions
http://www.viki.com/tv/26786c-the-family-doctor
http://www.viki.com/tv/26789c-elite-brigade-ii

Everyone is welcome to volunteer with the subbing.

Kevin Cheng: Chow Yun Fat's selfie skills was amazing and he watched my series

news1.jpg
news2.jpg
Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) attended the promotion campaign for new series, Eye in the Sky (天眼). When asked about taking photo together with Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) a few days ago, Kevin admitted he was elated until 'death' and requested Fatt (gor) to wait for him and take his mobile for selfie: "He is very good in holding the phone and his selfie skills is amazing. He told me he watched my series."

Kevin also heard that the response for the series was not bad and when asked about the netizens made fun of his fried chicken advertisement, he said: "That scene can be considered similar to the advertisement as the company is one of the sponsors for the series. They told me to eat fried chicken in the beginning but I did not notice that it was the same colour top. Of course, I need to help them to promote." Asked about the passionate kissing scene with Tavia Yeung (楊怡), Kevin replied that scene will be part of Tavia's memory and they needed to stay alert when filming.

I miss Kevin Cheng and Tavia Yeung of TVB, while Ruco has been in some recent hits like Bitter Is Sweet. So when I read they are all in this drama together, I was happy. 
After watching the first few eps, I am pleasantly surprised at the good and intriguing plot this writer has concocted. It keeps viewers wondering...and that's a good thing. Can't wait for more:) esp the lovelines between the three main leads.

Source: Wacow @ Blog163 
Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB Ratings Report (03/02/2015 - 03/08/2015)

Dramas 
Eye in the Sky - 天眼 (EPS 01-05) - 25 PTS

Young Charioteers - 衝綫 (EPS 01-05) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 715-719) - 23 PTS 

Variety Shows 
Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 20 PTS

Sunday Songbird - Sunday靚聲王 - 20 PTS

Celebrity Honeymooners - 蜜月到訪 - 20 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS

Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇你 - 18 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 13 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Lin Xia Wei had confidence to get rid of the title, Raymond Lam's cousin

xiawei.jpg
xiawei1.jpg
xiawei2.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Ruco Chan, Lin Xia Wei, Tavia Yeung, Vivien Yeo, Kevin Cheng)

Lin Xia Wei (林夏薇) went to promote the new series, Eye in the Sky (天眼) in Hang Hau (坑口) and when mentioned about her acting skills was praised by the netizens, she felt touched and said: "I did monitor the news and feel elated to see my work is recognised. (Finally received recognition after many years?) Not really and praises increase my motivation. I feel touched but no shoutings. (Any confidence to get Best Improved Actress award?) I dare not think too much and care more about the progress."

Xia Wei expressed that she had confidence to get rid of the title, Raymond Lam's (林峯) cousin, and said: "The audiences' eyes are bright and time will prove everything. (Did Raymond Lam watch your series or he is busy with strolling the dog with Karena Ng (吳千語)?) We keep in touch all along and it is impossible he will ignore me. He will call me if he happens to watch my series but he did not watch recently. Earlier, he told me he felt weird to watch his own series but nothing when watching my series."

Tavia Yeung and Him Law did not celebrate White Day. Tavia: I only remember my mother's birthday

tavia.jpg
tavia1.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Kevin Cheng, Tavia Yeung, Ruco Chan)

tavia2.jpg
Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), Tavia Yeung (楊怡) and Lin Xia Wei (林夏薇) attended the promotion campaign for new series, Eye in the Sky (天眼), in Hang Hau (坑口). The organisation committee also arranged a magician to perform magic on the stage and everyone was amazed and enjoyed it.

The upcoming episodes were exciting

When asked about his views of the series ratings, Kevin said: "You should ask the film producer. It is different from when I joined the entertainment industry initially and 30 pts was considered OK, while 40 pts was good. Everyone can watch from the internet now and my mother knows how to surf internet. (Your mother watch your series online?) She did watch TVB and only watches Korean and Mainland China series online. The audiences' eyes are bright and high quality shows will be able to retain them." Kevin also highlighted that the upcoming episodes were exciting and told the audiences to continue to watch it.

Did not notice about White Day

Tavia Yeung expressed that she did not notice that yesterday was White Day and said: "Is it? I have no idea and only know about it when people send message to me. (Him Law (羅仲謙) and you did not care about occasions?) I only remember my mother's birthday and grand occasions. (Belated celebrations for White Day?) Nope and no interest at all." Tavia added that she watched the series, Young Charioteers (衝線), acted by Him Law and said: "I watch the beginning and heard the ratings is okay. (The programme gives away bicycle so as to thank you the audiences?) Is it? Let me join in as well."

Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal____________________Source: WacowTranslated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (03/09/2015 - 03/15/2015)
Dramas Eye in the Sky - 天眼 (EPS 06-10) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Young Charioteers - 衝綫 (EPS 06-10) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 720-724) - 23 PTS 
Variety Shows Am I Healthy? - 你健康嗎? - 21 PTS
Sunday Songbird - Sunday靚聲王 - 19 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS
Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇你 - 17 PTS
Pok Oi Charity Show - 博愛歡樂傳萬家 - 15 PTS
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 14 PTS
Life Tip TV - 兄弟幫決戰姊妹淘 - 11 PTS

• 2 weeks later...

New series, Blue Veins: Kay Tse kept having NG during filming? Kevin Cheng: Singers care more about their images

news5.jpg
news6.jpg
Yesterday night, artiste, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) treated dinner to the artistes and crew team of the series, Eye in the Sky (天眼) to watch the finale together. As he just returned from Chengdu (成都), Kevin looked very tired and said: "I have jet lag as can only sleep every morning. Today, I have a function to attend and treat a simple dinner to the crew team and watch the finale together at night."

When mentioned about the new series, Blue Veins (殭) acted by him and was pointed to copy the ideas from the series, My Date with a Vampire (我和殭屍有個約會) and 'Mei Li You Zui 美麗有罪', Kevin said: "This is TVB forte. This is not the first series and it tend to have some similarities, but the storyline is different. (Do you feel it is similar during the filming?) Nope, perhaps the scenery but the contents is different. I am used to it and it is normal. (Feel that you should give some creative ideas to the company and script?) This is not within my job scope. I only want to act my role well.

Clapped hands together when Wayne Lai had NG

In addition, when the reporters asked about Kay Tse (謝安琪) pulled a 'black' face when she kept having NG, Kevin said: "I do not see her pulling a 'black' face before. I keep having NG too and it is not surprising. Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) had the less NG. Around 11 to 12 years ago, we were filming the series, Trimming Success (飛短留長父子兵) and Wayne had no NG at all. Stephen Wong acted as my younger brother and we clapped hands together when Wayne had NG finally. (Feel that Kay is a newcomer who lacks of experience?) This is normal and we cannot wish a newcomer has no NG at all. The world and TVB have one Wayne Lai. Having NG is normal and nothing surprising about it. (Pointed that she was vain and kept having NG as a result?) Singer and artiste might have different perspectives about filming. Singers are concerned about their images and they are not full time artistes. They are guest performers only."

Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal______________________Source: Wacow Translated by: Chloe.C 
TVB Ratings Report (03/16/2015 - 03/22/2015)
Dramas Eye in the Sky - 天眼 (EPS 11-15) - 25 PTS
Young Charioteers - 衝綫 (EPS 11-15) - 22 PTS
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 725-729) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Am I Healthy? - 你健康嗎? - 21 PTS
Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 21 PTS
Sunday Songbird - Sunday靚聲王 - 21 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS
IFPI Hong Kong Top Sales Music Award 2014 - IFPI香港唱片銷量大獎2014頒獎典禮 - 12 PTS
Life Tip TV - 兄弟幫決戰姊妹淘 - 11 PTS

Ruco Chan: Roger Kwok puts in lots of efforts and has extensive acting experience than me

ruco.jpg
The finale of the series, Eye in the Sky (天眼) starring Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) as the main lead was broadcasted last Friday. In the series, he acted as an evil villain and received praises for his outstanding performance. During the interview, Ruco said with modesty: "Hope the audiences will learn on how to become a better person and know how to differentiate between right and wrong. (Any confidence to become TV King same as Roger Kwok (郭晉安)?) Acting as villain may not win an award and Roger is based on his accumulative efforts. He puts in lots of efforts and has extensive acting experience than me. I do not become TV King before and hope I can get it. Being nominated is already contented for me as it proves you have the ability. Also, it means you are not dead and remains competitive."

Source: Wacow Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (03/23/2015 - 03/29/2015)
Dramas Eye in the Sky - 天眼 (EPS 16-20 END) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Young Charioteers - 衝綫 (EPS 16-20 END) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 730-734) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Sunday Songbird - Sunday靚聲王 - 21 PTS
Am I Healthy? - 你健康嗎? - 20 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Guest anneyen

as a super fan of tvb dramas ever since i was born ... this is the first time i love a tvb drama this much until the level of being crazy ... <Eye In The Sky> is my most favourite tvb drama ever ... Ruco Chan's acting is superb (main reason of drama addiction) ... and the great brotherhood chemistry with Kevin Cheng ... although Tavia is rather irrelevant but it is still nice watching her ... Tony and Samantha are cute too ^ ^ ...  enjoyed watching the entire lovely perfect casting ... the sombre deep feeling music also enhances the mood ... although many parts of the drama is illogical ... the brotherhood and family ties between Ruco and Kevin is fantastic !!! 
* this is the first time i post a comment about Hong Kong dramas on Soompi ... because  <Eye In The Sky> is really just too good ... im rewatching my favourite parts again and again everyday although the drama is already over two weeks ago.

• 1 month later...
Guest Juliette_Kongyingyong

This was the best drama for 2015 for TVB...the rest are just...idk I hope more TVB drama can be more like this in the future.

• 1 month later...
Guest severus

The first like... 2 episodes were interesting, and then things got predictable because it's always the same recycled elements with TVB. Still the best TVB show this year, at least the  first 2 episodes were intriguing. 

Archived