Pink goes nude for Times Square billboard for PETA

sugarplum892

Pink has posed fully nude in a new ad campaign for PETA.
The musician will appear on a 90-foot billboard ad in Times Square, New York City, which bears the group's famous slogan 'I'd rather go naked than wear fur'.
Pink for PETA poster campaign
Pink, who is a long-standing supporter of PETA, told US Weekly: "I've always felt that animals are the purest spirits in the world. They don't fake or hide their feelings, and they are the most loyal creatures on Earth."
The billboard, with photography by Ruven Afanador, will be erected tonight in time for the launch of New York Fashion Week tomorrow.
"I would like to say I've always been fur-free," the Grammy-winning star added. "Unfortunately, I went through a selfish phase and wore fur on a couple of occasions. But I wised up and now boycott fur completely.
Pink arrives at the 56th annual Grammy Awards

"I wish everyone was forced to learn the horrors that these animals go through for fashion trends. I hope fur-wearers get bitten in the richard simmons by the same kind of animal they wear on their back."
Pink and Ricky Gervais have previously provided the voices for PETA's award-winning 'Stolen for Fashion' public service announcement, in which an alligator and a rabbit try to track down the humans who stole their skin.

Lucy Watson

Other stars supporting the PETA campaign in the UK include Eva Mendes, Alexandra Burke and Lucy Watson.
Paloma Faith also made a video for the campaign late last year highlighting the horrors of the international fur trade. Watch the short film below (contains images which some readers may find upsetting):

Archived